View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Sure...they might let them in but they'll be locked down so tight people will need second device to use for personal...lets hope it's a BB

Posted via CB10
    You are soooo right. There are a few of us on this forum that work for the Government that will back your statement. In my organization, we use non-camera Blackberry 9900/9930s. No Apple, no Google, and no Microsoft phones, period. In fact we just ordered several hundred new Blackberry's to replace outdated ones. people need to learn to research and find out what exactly they're asking for before asking. Meaning, if people keep pestering officials to allow their iPhones, etc.. to work and then find out later they can't use their phones anymore the way they used to for security reasons, I do NOT feel sorry for them. Lock them babies down tight and keep our information safeguarded!

Edit: Sorry, need to add this comment so it remains relevent to the thread; this will effect usage and purchases of devices, which effects share prices.
    02-26-13 11:41 AM
    Ok, bought at 12.70. Now will sit down and hold it... no matter what happens, BBRY will either rise, or will be bought out, either way.
    Interesting statement really... So, suppose the impossible was being considered, what would happen to all the BBRY shares we hold?
    02-26-13 11:46 AM
    BBRY stock trend for last 3 weeks is just like a company near to be bankrupt.
    fedakd likes this.
    02-26-13 11:58 AM
    This is the good stuff that's getting lost in the sea of lies.

�We are above our own expectations and our target was thoroughly ambitious,� Heins said, adding that he was checking the sales figures every day.

�The fact is, we were surprised by the good reaction and we�ve increased our production capacity in the meantime,� Heins added.
    I am not sure it is getting lost or if it just isn't specific enough to trade on. While Heins has been better, remember that RIMM/BBRY burned Wall St more than a few times, once even missing their pre-announced miss. Those folks have very convenient long and short term memories for this stuff. We need the real numbers, not his summary based on numbers that we have no clue about.

It really is no better than my son telling he did better on a test than he though the would. I have no idea of he got a 70 or a 95.
    MoolahMitch likes this.
    02-26-13 12:01 PM
    How can I be relaxed ?!
    I am frantically trying to find money to buy more. Almost dipped into my retirement stocks, but pulled back because I felt that I was being impulsive.
    Anyway, back to work...
    I understand and know how you feel. This is what I feelt for weeks now. The stock was low and the only way I could have invested was to break some long time spare.
    This has not hapened - This will not happend - There's no way I consider it as an option - and NO ONE should (<= this just to print another warning)
    Happily, some cash arrived this weekend ... a little late, but, what's 40 cents now ... patience is king (queen ?).
    OMGitworks likes this.
    02-26-13 12:03 PM
    Interesting statement really... So, suppose the impossible was being considered, what would happen to all the BBRY shares we hold?
    BBRY will be valuated to a certain price per share, if that price is accepted, our shares will be matched to the price. (if someone offers 30$ per share, and you bought 100 shares at 12$, after buyout the price will be set to 30$, therefore you will be 'holding' 100 shares at 30$

in my opinion and based on my knowledge this is an easy way of explaining.
    02-26-13 12:04 PM
    BBRY stock trend for last 3 weeks is just like a company near to be bankrupt.
    Welcome !
    Good joke
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-26-13 12:04 PM
    When is the short interest out again? I wonder if the big boys were using these red days to cover on the down low.
    02-26-13 12:06 PM
    found this over at stocktwits where the poster claims the chart shows we will be back over $18/share within 2 months ( i'm not going to pretend i understand it, but perhaps someone here can find this useful ):
    cmaikisch - $BBRY Judge for yourself. IMO we see $18's within next ... | StockTwits

john1110 likes this.
    02-26-13 12:08 PM
    When is the short interest out again? I wonder if the big boys were using these red days to cover on the down low.
    Doubt it, they are waiting for single digits. Shorts are ruthless and for the most part a dollar or two in a stock like this isn't causing them to trade. They have a much lower price and $$ amount in mind and are waiting to see if BBRY implodes. Whether we get there or not is an other question.
    02-26-13 12:12 PM
    Despite how BBRY is currently being traded, the upside is huge. If there is an increase in subscriber numbers added with sales numbers, this thing will explode. Almost feel like everyone is waiting for the ER.
    02-26-13 12:13 PM
    found this over at stocktwits where the poster claims the chart shows we will be back over $18/share within 2 months ( i'm not going to pretend i understand it, but perhaps someone here can find this useful ):
    cmaikisch - $BBRY Judge for yourself. IMO we see $18's within next ... | StockTwits
    The fact is that you can build a chart to support almost any prediction. I think this one is total BS. Charts work until they don't. No trend holds forever. No stock goes up forever.

What we really need is a chart of ACTUAL Z10 sales, that will tell us all we need to know.
    MoolahMitch likes this.
    02-26-13 12:15 PM
    im kind of waiting for the short interest to come out as well i thought it was 15 and 30 of every month?
    02-26-13 12:16 PM
    Positive news keeps coming but no results. weird. Bad rumors and the stock takes a hit good rumors and it does nothing
    02-26-13 12:18 PM
    the pentagon is opening the doors for apple and android....security must not mean much anymore.

StreetInsider.com - Pentagon Plans on Opening Networks to Apple (AAPL), Google (GOOG) Devices (BBRY)

That really does not sound good.
    02-26-13 12:18 PM
    Does anyone know if there is a record of stock option history?

I'm really thinking of those Jan 2014 $25 calls or maybe even $27 leaps.

80 cents for $25 and 65 cents for $27.
    20% difference in premium and only a 7% difference in strike price.
    02-26-13 12:25 PM
    Positive news keeps coming but no results. weird. Bad rumors and the stock takes a hit good rumors and it does nothing
    it does not seem to help that the USA doesn't have the device yet, and they are the leading force in the market(s). Here in canada, ive seen a handful of people with the Z10, and fully beleive articles saying its the best-selling blackberry (not a big issue though, since most of the recent 9xxx devices were not rolled out with much fanfare or advertising) and taking away from android and apple devices.

This phone is a huge step up from an iphone and i think people will relaise that as long as they dont have a large amount invested in iphone apps and the apple store. Android users can switch more easily, but some of these people use android BECAUSE it is open-source and always evolving (but has security flaws that many dont need/want to care about)

IMO, this stock should be trading right around $16. The roll-out has been going well and exceeding expectations, but the US delays and bearish media have brought it down. In addition, the advertising could have been slightly more informative/unique, and missed the mark slightly (think original ipod commercials)
    02-26-13 12:29 PM
    Speaking of the Pentagon - I would be more worried about the sequester going through. Every branch of the US Government is going to have a large budget cut they did not expect. Phones for folks who wouldn't need one except to upgrade, probably not a priority. You are going to have to run over it with your car

That's a tough way to look at options. Let's say is at $26 on settlement day. Your $25 calls made you 25% (80 cents to buy but you make a buck on the exercise, a .20 cent profit on an .80 investment), your $27 calls cost you 100%.

Like historical prices? Some brokers have that info available. I know optionsXpress does. It's not something you can easily find for free though.
    02-26-13 12:33 PM
    That's a tough way to look at options. Let's say is at $26 on settlement day. Your $25 calls made you 25% (80 cents to buy but you make a buck on the exercise, a .20 cent profit on an .80 investment), your $27 calls cost you 100%.
    I'm not banking for the stock to be ATM in Jan 2014...I'm banking on it in Q3 of 2013'. There will be some good time value on it by then...at least what I'm hoping. I'm hoping for $1.5-2
    OMGitworks likes this.
    02-26-13 12:37 PM
    Crazy reversal.
    neteng1000 likes this.
    02-26-13 12:42 PM
    I am not sure it is getting lost or if it just isn't specific enough to trade on. While Heins has been better, remember that RIMM/BBRY burned Wall St more than a few times, once even missing their pre-announced miss. Those folks have very convenient long and short term memories for this stuff. We need the real numbers, not his summary based on numbers that we have no clue about.

It really is no better than my son telling he did better on a test than he though the would. I have no idea of he got a 70 or a 95.
    If your son told you that he thought he was going to do good on the test and then told you the he did better then he thought then you would have a pretty good idea that the mark was closer to 95
    02-26-13 12:44 PM
    Let's see if we can stay above 13
    02-26-13 12:44 PM
    what happened? weve veered from almost -4.5% to less than -1% in the past ~10 minutes!

i dont see any recent news to cause this, is it just a bullish rally, day investors, or actually a turnaround? today's low is about 50% down from only a month ago on speculative news. perhaps, we hit the bottom and are finally rebounding?

that said, I would be unsurprised (but saddened) if the stock dipped any lower than it did today. seeing it break -4% made me shiver.
    02-26-13 12:45 PM
113,256 ... 257258259260261 ...