View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    In addition to the magnitude of such deal, I also don't see how an Amazon deal is beneficial for Amazon itself. The only goal for Amazon would be to get users to subscribe to its services, which mostly are not available outside of the United States. As it stands, the only reason Amazon has the app store is to get users to buy its Fire tablets, and the upcoming phone, for the purpose of using its services.
    I'm in the camp of those claiming that revenues of these huge stores are mostly driven by side effects, i.e not apps sales % but customers conquest for other attached services (books, music, movies, or goods in general) and targeted marketing (your personal informations).
    Any increase of usage also generates hits and advertising revenues ...
    So by itself, Amazon - as the owner off the platform - could gain substantial revenues from each BlackBerry consumer (we know they're "Credit Card powered" ones ).

[now, speculation 100%]
    On the other side, I'm not sure BlackBerry media platform (music, movie, e-books) can survive and generate revenues until they grab massive deals with publishers, which, last time I checked, was far to be the case. So they could make a cross deal with Amazon ... like the Amazon Cloud Player, for instance.
    [/speculation]
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-28-14 01:18 PM
    Welcome to the forum!

Positive posts ONLY please and you also must include a useless quote and do what ever it takes to get as many "likes" and "thanks" as possible!
    Gregg please tell me you bought at $7.20!

Posted via CB10
    BlackistheBerry and bungaboy like this.
    04-28-14 01:56 PM
    BlackBerry 10 apps will be automagically scaled to fit Z3 | CrackBerry.com
    The BlackBerry Z3: Developer Specs | BlackBerry Developer Blog
    I remember some members had concerns about this.
    "As a developer, it can be challenging to design your app to fit on different devices and resolutions. Luckily you can rest assured that your app should scale to fit and run on the Z3 right out of the box. Even though the Z3 has a lower physical pixel density than the Z30, thanks to hardware-powered scaling, everything on the device believes it’s the same 1280�720 resolution as the Z30!"

"I’m lucky enough to have a BlackBerry Z3 on my desk so I can play around with it and develop apps. In my completely unbiased opinion, I think this is a solid device. The Z3 feels great in your hand – perfect size for one-handed use – and is easy to build apps for.

You’ve likely already seen our pre-order announcement for the BlackBerry Z3, including our full overview of the device’s specs, but let’s take a closer look at some of the things you need to keep in mind when developing apps for it.

As a developer, it can be challenging to design your app to fit on different devices and resolutions. Luckily you can rest assured that your app should scale to fit and run on the Z3 right out of the box. Even though the Z3 has a lower physical pixel density than the Z30, thanks to hardware-powered scaling, everything on the device believes it’s the same 1280�720 resolution as the Z30!

That being said, let’s take a closer look at some of the specs and some differences you could run into while developing for the Z3 compared to the Z30.
    Knowing the Differences Between a Z3 and a Z30

Again, while the Z3 has a lower physical pixel density than the Z30, your app will be scaled automatically and, for all intents and purposes, your app will believe it’s running on a device with a resolution of 1280�720, just like the Z30.
    Z3 and Z30 Display Side-by-Side Comparison
    Display BlackBerry Z3 BlackBerry Z30
    Screen Size 5” 5”
    Scaled Resolution 720�1280 720�1280
    Pixel Based Resolution 540�960 720�1280
    Aspect Ratio 16:9 16:9
    Z3 and Z30 Sensors Side-by-Side Comparison

Note the difference in sensors between the Z3 and the Z30. The Z3 does not have a Magnetometer or Gyroscope sensor.
    Sensors BlackBerry Z3 BlackBerry Z30
    NFC No Yes
    Accelerometer Yes Yes
    Magnetometer No Yes
    Proximity sensor Yes Yes
    Gyroscope No Yes
    Ambient light sensor Yes Yes
    TL;DR for Developers:

Apps and assets designed for the Z30’s 720�1280 resolution are automatically scaled in hardware to support the Z3’s 540�960 display.
    There is no NFC, Magnetometer or Gyroscope sensor.

If you find this post useful, have questions, or just want to keep up-to-date on all things BlackBerry Development, follow me on Twitter at @chadtatro!"
    04-28-14 01:59 PM
    Im curious to see the Z3 in the wild and how it does with multiple applications, some android and some native open at any given time considering the processor and the 1.5 gb ram. If that works well, I think this phone will be very well received.
    morganplus8, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    04-28-14 02:14 PM
    As stated before, they won't advertise the apk direct install until they've set a trustable and easy way for Joes to use it.
    I'm in 100% for a deal with Amazon - i.e no Google services required apps - but that's a giant move and I'm not sure it'll fit the "Enterprise first" strategy. Chen's boyz are seriously focused ...
    We've been discussing this since PlayBook. The partnership seems to make all the sense in the world yet not only hasn't happened, but Amazon does virtually nothing for BlackBerry. Even the Kindle app is a ported Android.
    04-28-14 02:20 PM
    Gregg please tell me you bought at $7.20!

Posted via CB10
    I was not so lucky but did get in a $7.22 which has me up about $1550 for the day. If it drops to $7.42, which I fully expect in the next 30 minutes, it will hit my stop and sell.

No matter what I will sell it before trading ends.

I love this stock.
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    04-28-14 02:32 PM
    Hope you didn't sell, Gregg.
    04-28-14 02:40 PM
    No it would not sell unless it dropped below 7.42. It is soaring like an Eagle right now!

The big question is should I sell before the market opens as things can go really bad after hours.

Moved stop to $7.52.
    04-28-14 02:42 PM
    Stop hit and all shares sold.

What a day.
    04-28-14 02:47 PM
    04-28-14 03:12 PM
    For the "I buy shares" part - I know it's been said here before but let me add my voice to suggesting all here read Michael Lewis' new book "Flash Boys".

I think I took the whole NY to Seattle flight with the person next to me hearing me say "OMG" the entire flight. Excellent read and could not put it down.
    jxnb, bungaboy, zyben and 2 others like this.
    04-28-14 03:18 PM
    Ah! It's been a while

$7.5157 + 3.43%
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    04-28-14 03:44 PM
    BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) news: BlackBerry Demystified 3 [COMSCORE, Inc.] - Seeking Alpha
    sorry gang for trolling too much lately. however, this article is worth reading. not only from blackberry point but author has some good points here in general.
    Last edited by sidhuk; 04-28-14 at 04:02 PM.
    rarsen, jxnb, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    04-28-14 03:47 PM
    I like the numbers in demystifying 3.
    Now if we can get people to stop harping about bigger better best handset specs and start focusing on the enterprise side we might see some movement in the SP.
    I like how tech got hammered today but BlackBerry went up...

BB10 4 ME
    04-28-14 04:52 PM
    Lately it's looking like 50 shades of grey for me . . . .
    sidhuk likes this.
    04-28-14 06:39 PM
    Lately it's looking like 50 shades of grey for me . . . .
    Makes me tired...lol

Is that a Z30...yes, yes it is.
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    04-28-14 06:43 PM
    BBC has announced a partnership with BlackBerry to deliver news from its Hausa service to its users in Nigeria, offering five BBC Hausa news alerts daily via BBM

�We had been speaking to BlackBerry for a few months about their plans to develop their BBM product. We were keen to try and find a BBC service that we felt would be a good fit to test the service. Many Nigerians use BBM, with consumption of news content on mobile phones also very high, so linking up with the BBC Hausa service felt like the right choice.�

BBC Hausa partners BlackBerry to deliver Hausa news via BBM in Nigeria | Rapid Mobile
    Corbu, rarsen, Superfly_FR and 9 others like this.
    04-28-14 06:58 PM
    OT: about my first day with Z30.

I finally got time during the weekend and have my new Z30 setup.

Here what my setup experience and first day usage experience.

1. Initial set up for Z30 using same BlackBerry ID as my Z10, only a couple of steps which is so easy.

2. Downloaded latest Link. I haven't used it for a long time. Took a little bit long I feel.

3. Used Link to sync the media from Z10 to my computer. Surprisingly, I feel it was much faster than last time I used.

4. Did first time back up of my Z10. It took long.

5. Connected Z30 and did restore from the back up file of Z10. I did it twice. Because it said the restore didn't complete completely. After the second time restore, some apps were still missing like Password Keeper. I then just re-downloaded Password Keeper. Typed my password during log in. All my info were there, so happy and relieved ! I then quickly downloaded all my other apps.

6. Tried BlackBerry Protect online, it lists both my Z30 and Z10. Now I got it that you can use same BlackBerry ID for all your BlackBerry devices. Only when you use BBM, it would ask you if you want to switch BBM to the device you are going to use.

7. Switched SIM card from Z10 to Z30. At this time I see Z30 even has better inner hardware design that can insert SIM card easily.

8. Setup all my email accounts and WeChat etc.

9. Had full battery charge at 5:30pm Sunday, up until 4pm Monday with normal routine use, it still had 20 percent battery left. That is amazing! I would have charged my Z10 several times during that same period.

10. Let me save the best in the last point. The screen is so clear and beautiful. I had concern on the density or resolution some people talked about. Let me tell you this, that was totally misconception and misleading. The font is so rich and clear and no blurry at all. My laptop has resolution of 1320*768, I can still see blurry on browser. My eye is very sharp I will tell you. I believe the perfection is due to the software of BlackBerry 10. So now I am thinking Z3 has lower density, but due to the amazing BlackBerry 10 OS, it may just be same as Z30.

Conclusion : I totally agree that BlackBerry Z30 is the best phone so far in the world ! With an open mind, you won't regret if you try it.

Posted via CB10
    jxnb, Mr BBRY, Corbu and 9 others like this.
    04-28-14 07:45 PM
    Welcome to the club Andy.

Is that a Z30...yes, yes it is.
    bungaboy, sidhuk and Corbu like this.
    04-28-14 08:13 PM
    See none of use were lying about the Z30 Andy! . great play by play!

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    04-28-14 09:10 PM
    It's true i love mt Z30 as well but very few in the wild. I have started to notice A LOT more Z10s in the wild probably because its so cheap now, was at St.Louis eating wings and saw half a dozen. I also do business down at the ontario food terminal it seems like all the buyers there are mostly on the new blackberry as well. I was so use to just hearing my BB ring for awhile but everytime i hear that default ringtone its not me....feeling kinda of left out now
    04-28-14 09:19 PM
    BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) news: BlackBerry Demystified 3 [COMSCORE, Inc.] - Seeking Alpha
    sorry gang for trolling too much lately. however, this article is worth reading. not only from blackberry point but author has some good points here in general.
    I like this writer. Here some of the replies in comments section by the writer. I suggest read those comments on the site. There is lots of important info. I have invested in this company as many of you.
    1. Author?s reply � Hi David,

I am also of a somewhat suspicious/ thinking sort, so I'll give you some of these to think about...
    "Pre orders in Indonesia numbers were not disclosed, Why?"
    > Does anybody else disclose them? Why should BlackBerry give the competition a leg up by knowing how many Z3s can be cranked out from a Foxconn factory and how much time/ money/ energy Foxconn is allocating to this partnership if Foxconn's ultimate goal is to give Apple the boot? In the mean time.... take money from Apple, partner with BB, everybody keep your mouth shut.

"Furthermore why would there be a limit on pre orders?"
    > Because these Indonesia companies have a limited supply of money and they have to buy it from BlackBerry? Because they need to calibrate the factory to see how production schedules need to be set?

"Is this so a story could be wrote stating a sell out?"
    > Fair question. This is a known marketing tactic for some companies. However, who will know? And if anything, did you know Apple HIRES people to stand in line? How's that?!

http://bloom.bg/1jaO5cV

Let's consider this: Indonesia and UK are known to be some of the most pro-BBRY countries in the world. There could be pent up demand. What we *need* to see is that the demand not die off quickly (like that for the Z10 when it was released without all that Android support worked out).
    2. Author?s reply � David,

Samsung is known to hire people to pretend to be looking to buy a new phone, and then they have someone post replying that oh, the new Samsung blah blah is coming out and it is SOOOOOO good. This was revealed in a Taiwan news article. Some guy thought it strange that this kept happening on various sites, and especially right before a release of a new Sammy. The volume of praise and questions would go up and he wondered if this was real. He ended up digging into things deeper and uncovering the deceit.

If Samsung can hire people to make it look like their phone is the greatest, don't you suppose that means they have an inferiority complex? And what of Apple and hiring a bunch of people to stand in line and cycle through, continuously PRETENDING to buy so real buyers won't feel lonely in line and start wondering why they even do it? and to blow so much money on a phone.
    3. Author?s reply � sfinvestor,

I intend to keep MOST comments on my articles (even nasty ones like yours) and to reply to MOST comments (even ones that some ppl will hit the Abuse button on) though if I keep writing articles, I know I will reach a point where it will be humanly impossible for ONE person to keep up with everything, and you will be ignored. Until then..

I personally have no respect for Gartner Reports. They are a big hit in the investment industry, especially amongst guys who depend on it for a living and don't do their own research. They're advisors by name only but really, sales guys out to make a commission. Gartner saves their bacon and makes them look good.

That commentary aside, what needs to be understood is that BlackBerry has cachet in the security market. Your article is old. BlackBerry has done a lot in house now. Cloud is coming. Check this for ROI possibilities: http://www.berryreview.com/2014/03/1...ching-shortly/

As for trying to say my lack of mentioning the other guys, in the interest of brevity, YES, I left them out because their names haven't been compared to BB in articles non-stop. Take a look at the Play Store yourself. A quick scan of the numbers will tell you that NONE is comparable to BB... downloads, reviews, ratings, update frequency. Not even close.

Samsung may have the phones, but the IT professionals are giving BB's BES10 the V3 award for excellence.

http://www.berryreview.com/2013/12/1...oftware-award/

Last thought on Gartner: their chart stinks. How do they decide which box each company is in? Is there an update? BB is in that box with SAP. Take a look at who is running the business and where he's been (working with MDMs!) and you need to doubt where BB is going and how fast? Each to their own.

User 11914321
    Comment (1)

I have been following various Alpha comments for some time now. I am an independent telecom consultant with interest in investing. I have been on the fence for some time now with Blackberry but really think they have the right strategy in going back to their roots in Enterprise. They are back on track with quality products but the question is if they are too late with these products to really matter. I have not decided that but would like to comment on your article. Hope this provides some more context.

Your comments wrt to MDM are pretty close. When BB10 was launched the BES version (BES10.0) for BB10 was not that good. They needed to get it out the door but it was not backwards compatible (BES5.0) nor did it support iOS or Android. It forced IT folks to install 3 servers instead of 1 as well. BES10.1 was a step forward in that it consolidated the servers to 1 and began to support iOS and Android.

BES10.1 also allowed BES10 devices to connect (both in and out) to the BlackBerry VPN network ecosystem. This network is the golden jewel for BlackBerry. There is no one in the world who has one like it. It enables edge devices (phone, tablets and PC's) to connect directly to the corporate network exchange server without having to access Port 443 which is a security threat for large enterprise such as Banks and Government. All the other MDM providers require the device to access Port 443. In addition, the BlackBerry ecosystem compresses data usage by a factor of 8 to 1. This is why the carriers loved them so much as it saved them bandwidth. BlackBerry used to charge the carriers a fixed fee for access to that network but that has now been passed onto the Enterprise directly.

BES10.2 is the latest version and it goes much further in offering more features for managing apps and non Blackberry devices. BES10.2 also supports BES5.0 which is a big deal as John Chen intimated in his comments. It also allows for non Blackberry devices to access the Blackberry Network. BES10.3 is set to come out in the fall of 2014 which should catch them up completely.

The one thing that you may want to look up is BlackBerries new EZPass which allows companies to upgrade their versions of BES clients for free to BES10.2 (including BES5.0 licenses) until Jan 31,2015. This is designed to let them catch up with the MDM features especially when it comes to iOS, Windows and Android. It will stall the companies who would have switched to a competitive offer as well as get their house in order now that they are replacing the carrier revenue with enterprise-direct revenue. It's a big change for them. Timing is huge with this. They have a window but it's closing. Let's hope they can deliver.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    Last edited by sidhuk; 04-28-14 at 10:20 PM.
    04-28-14 10:00 PM
    I have to say that I am real impressed with the Web page design of aesthetics that BlackBerry uses. I always liked Apple for this, but the BlackBerry site is like Apple but more sheik.

Just fodder while awaiting an SP 'pop'....
    georg4BB, bungaboy, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    04-29-14 12:29 AM
    I got my Z30 today in the post, courtesy of BlackBerry. Man, I'm in love.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140429_095627.jpg

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 04:43 AM
    +3.19% in PM, good news or not going to hold ?

Sent using my ? Z30
    04-29-14 05:23 AM
113,256 ... 25842585258625872588 ...