View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    So the good news of a confirmed US launch in late March by Verizon has to be stepped on and tempered by the Q10 bad news? Unlucky for BBRY and shareholders. I was hoping the confirmation of an actual date would be a pop for the stock but it looks like it was a net (down) .50 announcement. Too bad. All that's left to help are some hard, high, actual sales numbers.

They made certain to make it as bad a news release as they could. Disgusting people. Free market...lol...the biggest lie of the times.
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    02-26-13 10:10 AM
    It appears that any good news is overlooked and the "bad" news hammers the stock by 3-5% daily. Looks like the Wall Street crooks want to beat this stock back down. How low who knows, but as others have stated it is possible that it can go to $11 or even less. Well, anything is possible.

With positive real sales numbers in March it is also possible we could get back to $16/share or higher. But I am skeptical ...

I am confident this thing will be $11 or less before the earnings release. Just happy to know that it's pure manipulation and not the quality of the stock.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    02-26-13 10:16 AM
    Those are good too. I would jump on them if I were you. I thought I got a good deal when I bought them for 1.60 something lol.

I never thought this stock would be in the 12's at the end of feb. The phone is hot and it's selling out everywhere. People should be buying as many shares/options as they can right now. Borrow, loan, steal any extra money you can get this is the opportunity of a lifetime.
    I might wait until after ER...it could go really red or really green - and I already have March calls.
    02-26-13 10:20 AM
    perhaps it's the market scare going on right now, but there doesn't seem to be anyone willing to put their money into BBRY/BB at the moment. just people taking their cash. perhaps the uncertainty in the market place in general and not a reflection of BB.
    DragonFlyer likes this.
    02-26-13 10:20 AM
    Thank you Morgan, now my "finger facing the wind" is dry ! (and my wallet +100 shares)
    C'mon gang, relax !
    How can I be relaxed ?!
    I am frantically trying to find money to buy more. Almost dipped into my retirement stocks, but pulled back because I felt that I was being impulsive.
    Anyway, back to work...
    morganplus8 likes this.
    02-26-13 10:22 AM
    How can I be relaxed ?!
    I am frantically trying to find money to buy more. Almost dipped into my retirement stocks, but pulled back because I felt that I was being impulsive.
    Anyway, back to work...
    I'm looking at my retirement funds as well. Those low risk mutual funds are starting to look like a higher risk than this stock.
    02-26-13 10:29 AM
    You guys need to take a holiday!!! I have never seen so many negative posts as we have today. Do you think this is it for BBRY?

Here is the chart:
    Attachment 137971

So what, we broke down on the triangle, big deal, we did it on zero vollume, when has there EVER been a trend change on low volume? We are just below the line and the volume has dried up here. We needed to see 40 million shares in order for this to mean anything and we'll be lucky to get there today. We could EASILY close positive today. Yes, we tested the 5-dma this morning, first thing, we always test it and fail, then we sold off. Big deal. We couldn't go any lower here without breaking below that magic $ 13.00/shr level could we? It was going to happen, now look at it. We had to take it out and we did, again, big deal, it fell on light volume and only a few stop-losses were hit. Watch the volume for the rest of the day and see if this is only us killing time to get to the end of the month. There is nothing wrong with the trading and to claim we are going to see anything like $ 11.00 is just plain silly. Support is at $ 12.00/shr and RSI is at 40 now, we won't be going lower. In fact, we could EASILY regain the line today. RELAX dam it!

Are you serious??? Put aside the technicals my friend. There's a time when the ugliest stuff happens and it's called manipulation. I've been an economist for more than 15 years and I can assure you that the predictive potential from analyzing data from a stock like this is laughable.

I am confident that big US business will drive this stock's price as far down as they can before the the release of hard facts that say otherwise. Even then they will smear any good news with their vile. The question for any investor is do you believe in this company and their potential to grow.

I absolutely believe that BlackBerry's rebirth is upon us and things will be looking rosie in about 6 months from now.
    02-26-13 10:30 AM
    I might wait until after ER...it could go really red or really green - and I already have March calls.
    A straddle might not be a bad idea on this one.
    02-26-13 10:31 AM
    I'm looking at my retirement funds as well. Those low risk mutual funds are starting to look like a higher risk than this stock.
    As long as possibly working into your 80's is an option. Or retiring at 50....
    02-26-13 10:32 AM
    I wouldn't wait until after earnings. The analysts are completely underestimating the sales of the Z10. 300,000? That's an absolute joke. I'm in Canada and I have friends that work at Rogers call centers and they tell me regularly that the Z10 is killing it. Maybe buy some before earnings and dollar cost avg.

Oh and I've been following the leaps for bbry pretty closely. Yesterday over 2000 jan 2015 $35 calls were bought. That's a crazy amount in one day for calls that far out.
    02-26-13 10:34 AM
    Ha! Ha! Ha!

Thanks!

There is nothing in this trade that makes me think we have changed our trend here. This is like pre-Christmas trading when we have to put in time to get another rally going. I like to see some of you guys buying on the dip because that means that you are looking at the big picture and not what is happening on low volume. Let the bears hunt for weak hands, let them take stock away from those who shouldn't be in it. We couldn't get through the 5-dma at the opening today. we try this everyday, and that has always been a signal that we have to go lower and find support. This is normal trading, not manipulation, it is purely technical in nature. We had an unusally good day yesterday with the general market getting killed. Today we have pulled back a bit. Just watch the volume and see what happens as we have a long day ahead of us still. There is nothing here that the bulls can't repair in 5-minutes. Good luck.

I have no stop loss on a lot of BBRY shares. I think that speaks to my confidence in this company. With all the bear raids I believe it's foolish to have them in place.
    02-26-13 10:38 AM
    I wouldn't wait until after earnings. The analysts are completely underestimating the sales of the Z10. 300,000? That's an absolute joke. I'm in Canada and I have friends that work at Rogers call centers and they tell me regularly that the Z10 is killing it. Maybe buy some before earnings and dollar cost avg.

Oh and I've been following the leaps for bbry pretty closely. Yesterday over 2000 jan 2015 $35 calls were bought. That's a crazy amount in one day for calls that far out.
    Well, just like how RIM came out with better than expected earnings last December, and it tanked. It might do that again. Only to rally up again. No one knows whats going to happen.
    02-26-13 10:39 AM
    Ya, my bad, I meant the q10 was delayed until the summer. Which is what that article also says.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-13 10:41 AM
    You guys need to take a holiday!!! I have never seen so many negative posts as we have today. Do you think this is it for BBRY?

So what, we broke down on the triangle, big deal, we did it on zero vollume, when has there EVER been a trend change on low volume? We are just below the line and the volume has dried up here. We needed to see 40 million shares in order for this to mean anything and we'll be lucky to get there today. We could EASILY close positive today. Yes, we tested the 5-dma this morning, first thing, we always test it and fail, then we sold off. Big deal. We couldn't go any lower here without breaking below that magic $ 13.00/shr level could we? It was going to happen, now look at it. We had to take it out and we did, again, big deal, it fell on light volume and only a few stop-losses were hit. Watch the volume for the rest of the day and see if this is only us killing time to get to the end of the month. There is nothing wrong with the trading and to claim we are going to see anything like $ 11.00 is just plain silly. Support is at $ 12.00/shr and RSI is at 40 now, we won't be going lower. In fact, we could EASILY regain the line today. RELAX dam it!
    The fact that "we broke down on the triangle" tells me much about your chart.

The truth is that BBRY has no where to go right now.
    02-26-13 10:41 AM
    this news ( posted by omgitworks on another thread )
    Visa Teams Up With Samsung on Mobile Payments
    Visa Teams Up With Samsung on Mobile Payments - NYTimes.com

could be great for BBRY, because they are probably the back end...remember the news announced last month. am not sure if there are other NFC services manager out there that Visa is using.
    RIM Receives Approval from Visa for Mobile Payment Solution
    RIM Receives Approval from Visa for Mobile Payment Solution -
    02-26-13 10:43 AM
    I was half listening to a report on BNN this morning. They were talking about how market share was measured on $$ and not on actual units sold. Is there anyone in here that can confirm or deny this. Like I said I was only half listening.
    02-26-13 10:43 AM
    this news ( posted by omgitworks on another thread )
    Visa Teams Up With Samsung on Mobile Payments
    Visa Teams Up With Samsung on Mobile Payments - NYTimes.com

could be great for BBRY, because they are probably the back end...remember the news announced last month. am not sure if there are other NFC services manager out there that Visa is using.
    RIM Receives Approval from Visa for Mobile Payment Solution
    RIM Receives Approval from Visa for Mobile Payment Solution -

Christ, I wouldn't trust a Samsung with NFC purchases.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    02-26-13 10:45 AM
    I wouldn't either but as long as BB gets a point on the back end I'm all for it..
    02-26-13 11:01 AM
    This is the good stuff that's getting lost in the sea of lies.

�We are above our own expectations and our target was thoroughly ambitious,� Heins said, adding that he was checking the sales figures every day.

�The fact is, we were surprised by the good reaction and we�ve increased our production capacity in the meantime,� Heins added.
    02-26-13 11:02 AM
    I agree with you but with IOS not supporting NFC ( could be wrong here..) any VISA transaction using NFC as front end, BB makes $$ whether thru Android or BB devices.

02-26-13 11:05 AM
    the pentagon is opening the doors for apple and android....security must not mean much anymore.

StreetInsider.com - Pentagon Plans on Opening Networks to Apple (AAPL), Google (GOOG) Devices (BBRY)
    02-26-13 11:22 AM
    the pentagon is opening the doors for apple and android....security must not mean much anymore.

StreetInsider.com - Pentagon Plans on Opening Networks to Apple (AAPL), Google (GOOG) Devices (BBRY)
    Was just about to post this... here's the original Bloomberg article
    Pentagon Will Open Networks to Apple, Google Devices in 2014 - Bloomberg
    02-26-13 11:29 AM
    Sure...they might let them in but they'll be locked down so tight people will need second device to use for personal...lets hope it's a BB

Posted via CB10
    OMGitworks and Superfly_FR like this.
    02-26-13 11:31 AM
    "BlackBerry Inc. (BBRY) said Tuesday that more than half of the customers purchasing the company's new Z10 smartphone in Canada are new to the BlackBerry platform. The disclosure was made during a conference for the company's enterprise customers and developers in San Francisco. During his keynote, BlackBerry VP Richard Piasentin also said more than 33% of customers buying the Z10 in the U.K. are also new to the company's smartphone platform. BlackBerry launched the Z10 in those two markets earlier this month as part of the initial roll-out of the BlackBerry 10 operating system. No specific sales figures for those markets were given. The Z10 is expected to launch in the U.S. sometime in mid-March. BlackBerry shares were last trading down more than 5% to $12.58. "

News
    02-26-13 11:33 AM
    Ok, bought at 12.70. Now will sit down and hold it... no matter what happens, BBRY will either rise, or will be bought out, either way.
    MoolahMitch likes this.
    02-26-13 11:40 AM
113,256 ... 256257258259260 ...