View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    The following dovetails nicely with the comments made by Jim Mackey, BlackBerry�s head of corporate development and strategic planning about the upcoming 3D device and it may have a place in the medical community:

Regarding this so called Flagship BB10 device, my sources have been floating around "64-Bit Octa-Core, Quad-Graphics, 4GB 5.2"HD 1080p, 16MP rear/8MP front Camera etc., with unique graphics features that will be available for this device only.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/rumored...2014-a-915478/
    zyben, jxnb, Shanerredflag and 3 others like this.
    04-15-14 11:30 AM
    I like what Chen is doing. I might double my share count today.

Posted via CB10
    I like it too. And it is tempting to add more shares as well.
    Mr BBRY and bungaboy like this.
    04-15-14 11:38 AM
    No, quite the opposite. I urged him to do his own research. You should look up "appeal to authority" in Wikipedia, it's not what you seem to think it is.
    I know precisely what it is. Thank you.
    04-15-14 11:49 AM
    wtf is happening with the market..i thought the IBB had reached its bottom??? but all bios continue to drop massive %'s..Morgan any indicators as to when this disaster will end?
    04-15-14 11:52 AM
    The following dovetails nicely with the comments made by Jim Mackey, BlackBerry�s head of corporate development and strategic planning about the upcoming 3D device and it may have a place in the medical community:

http://forums.crackberry.com/rumored...2014-a-915478/
    Amazon's multicamera offering
    Amazon Smartphone Photos, Specs and Details Revealed: Exclusive Report | BGR
    04-15-14 11:53 AM
    Anybody here played this amusement park game.... Whack a Troll...shoot I meant Mole....

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-mole.jpg
    sidhuk, zyben, La Emperor and 5 others like this.
    04-15-14 11:58 AM
    RFP is tanking today. Starting a new position today!

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 12:28 PM
    wtf is happening with the market..i thought the IBB had reached its bottom??? but all bios continue to drop massive %'s..Morgan any indicators as to when this disaster will end?
    What do you mean? BBRY is nearing green right now!
    04-15-14 12:30 PM
    forward looking warning: sorry this article supports bulls case.
    Why we chose to invest in NantHealth

" The work we're engaging in with NantHealth illustrates that the future of health care lies in the ability to share information securely and quickly, whether device-to-device or doctor-to-doctor. Although the collaboration is just beginning, BlackBerry and NantHealth see tremendous opportunity because:

BlackBerry, through our QNX technology, is already trusted to run the machines that take your blood pressure, monitor anesthesia and conduct laser eye surgery. QNX enables the mission-critical medical diagnostic and monitoring devices in hospitals and homecare environments through its real-time embedded operating system;
    Super-fast, super-secure messaging through our upcoming BBM Protected secure communication platform will connect health-care providers, field-service workers, emergency personnel, patients and family members to keep life-and-death information flowing to the people who need it;
    NantHealth's proprietary Clinical Operating System platform integrates the doctor's office or hospital with the medical network and the payment system, enabling 21st century coordinated care at a lower cost;
    NantHealth and BlackBerry can combine secure cloud-based and supercomputing services to provide data integration, decision support and analytics — allowing care providers to crunch huge amounts of data to aid in accurate diagnoses; and
    BlackBerry devices are the global standard for secure communication and collaboration, keeping sensitive medical information available only to authorized users."
    04-15-14 12:51 PM
    On this BlackBerry/NantHealth new smartphone project.

We reached out to BlackBerry for confirmation on this story and they had the following comment:

“This investment and planned collaboration aligns with the reliability, security, and versatility of BlackBerry’s end-to-end solutions – from the embedded QNX operating system powering complex medical devices to secure cloud-based networks to instantaneous information sharing over BBM Protected and will include a device as well.”
    From: BlackBerry and NatHealth to Jointly Develop New Smartphone - N4BB
    kfh227, La Emperor, sidhuk and 8 others like this.
    04-15-14 01:26 PM
    On this BlackBerry/NantHealth new smartphone project.

From: BlackBerry and NatHealth to Jointly Develop New Smartphone - N4BB
    Please be available to consumers!

And if it views cat scans, doesn't all the data need to be on the device in order to navigate through the image? Isn't that data intensive and CPU intensive?
    Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 01:44 PM
    OT ALERT!!

There aren't any positive indicators right now, we did make a new Index low and bounced off that to go positive today, it implies that we might have a bottom in Biotechs. We still need to regain the 200-dma for both the $ IBB and the $NBI, both are closing near those marks this afternoon. The Biotech Sector has been crushed lately and it is time to move onto some other Sector now. As for HALO, it is at it's resistance of the $ 7.43/shr mark or the 3-ema. It needs to close above $ 7.43/shr to start a rally in that stock.
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY, sidhuk and 9 others like this.
    04-15-14 02:23 PM
    People are forgetting that the markets in general are **** atm. People have a wait and see attitude.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 02:57 PM
    Roadmaps Updated: Looking Forward to BlackBerry 10.3 SDK OS | BlackBerry Developer Blog

Release roadmap - Runtime for Android apps - BlackBerry Developer

Note. "Android applications that require an access to an android account will now be supported with Blackberry 10 account integration".
    dusdal, morganplus8, jxnb and 9 others like this.
    04-15-14 03:29 PM
    What is android account?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 03:34 PM
    Looks to me like BlackBerry struck a deal with Google for its services on bb10 phones via this mysterious account. Hopefully it allows BlackBerry users to set app access permissions though.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    04-15-14 03:50 PM
    Looks to me like BlackBerry struck a deal with Google for its services on bb10 phones via this mysterious account. Hopefully it allows BlackBerry users to set app access permissions though.

Posted via CB10
    Read through the comments in the crackberry article. No one seems to know exactly what it means. The best approach is wait and see.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 04:04 PM
    Again, on this BlackBerry/NantHealth new smartphone project.

Soon-Shiong and BlackBerry's plans are ambitious, to say the least. By the end of the year, they hope to deliver a new BlackBerry smartphone with two features largely unknown to the general public: NantHealth's Clinical Operating System (cOS), which aims to improve doctor and patient access to patient health data, and NantMobile's iD Browser, a system for scanning and searching the "real world" via smartphone camera.

The Clinical Operating System was built to slurp up most types of medical data. Currently cOS can grab info directly from 1600 types of medical device, including ventilators, glucose monitors and IV drips. It can also mine and integrate most forms of electronic medical records, meaning that, for example, a physician will be able to see a patient's clinical history, their co-pay data and notes from previous visits, all in one place.

[...]

The combination of the iD Browser and the cOS in a smartphone will certainly make for a device unlike any other. The lingering question, of course, is why Soon-Shiong chose to partner with BlackBerry over more prominent smartphone makers like Apple or Samsung.

The answer, says Soon-Shiong, is that BlackBerry excels at security. Even in these iOS- and Android-heavy days, BlackBerry is still the smartphone of choice for the U.S. Defense Department for that reason. For health care workers, never mind patients who want to look at their own information, complying with medical privacy laws would be far easier on a BlackBerry device than any other smartphone.

BlackBerry's Next Move May Be A Phone That Keeps You Healthy

We need a steady dose of news like this over the coming months...
    zyben, rim4ever, 3_M4N and 7 others like this.
    04-15-14 04:29 PM
    I'd bet against Google allowing for easy integration with BB10. It would make the upgrade path for anyone who decides to switch from Android to BlackBerry too easy.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 04:32 PM
    I'd bet against Google allowing for easy integration with BB10. It would make the upgrade path for anyone who decides to switch from Android to BlackBerry too easy.

Posted via CB10
    Why would they care so long as the revenue stream is intact?

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and W Hoa like this.
    04-15-14 04:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    I am thinking it is for the apps that require in app purchase options from Google play store, for developer to easy hook those services with blackberry app store easily.
    georg4BB likes this.
    04-15-14 04:48 PM

Posted via CB10
    Do you remember the rumours about Google allowing their services (Google Maps, Play Store,...) on the anticipated BB10.2.1 a few months back? For me this has always been a possibility since BlackBerry exec(s) - I believe it was Alec Saunders - seemed to leave the door open at the time when people reached out for confirmation/clarification ..

In the forums I'm also reading the possibility of a 'dual OS'. If the ongoing security concerns do lead to such a demand, there's only one OS that has passed all tests.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 04:50 PM
    Every company that wants to get into health care IT paints a picture of healthcare information sharing utopia with all of that info at your doctors fingertips, going to the ER and they actually know something about you, etc. Health care providers know better. We've been hearing this for 20 years or more.
    04-15-14 04:55 PM
    I just can't see it, google are absolutely ruthless - they aren't going to give away access for the pitiful amounts of money we are talking about from users of bb10 devices - I am guessing this will be some form of loophole that google will quickly move to kill.

Leaving aside the fact there is no such thing as an 'android account'...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    04-15-14 05:21 PM
    From Hilary Kramer, president and CIO of A&G Capital

Why you should invest in Blackberry - CNBC
    Smart lady...thx for sharing.

Is that a Z30...yes, yes it is.
    04-15-14 06:30 PM
113,256 ... 25682569257025712572 ...