View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Does anyone have any idea regarding BlackBerry 10 sales in the UK ? I've seen a lot more devices here in London over the last few months, but it's hard to tell whether it's significant at all.

On a side note, the price of the Z10 has actually been steadily rising...? it's gone up by �40 since the initial big price cut. Would this be a Carphone Warehouse decision, or a BlackBerry one ? With the price of the S4 coming down, down, down, it seems a strange strategy to put the price of the Z10 up, up, up...

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    04-15-14 07:20 AM
    but in all my post i tried to give the actual information, not just a false hope/information some people try to make......sometimes i give incorrect information but people are always welcome to correct me, and i will apologize..
    Yep, thank you, Garnok. You have been a source of invaluable information and contribute greatly to the community.

How many other Indonesians are on Crackberry? And, of the ones that are around, few provide detailed market information like Garnok about competing devices, customer sentiment, or Blackberry's Indonesian operations. Without Garnok, Crackberry loses access to a trove of rare "on the field" info from a valued Blackberry market.

For example, several posts up, Garnok just posted the rumor from merchants that the Z3 will be between 200 to 225 USD. As an investor, shunning a source of this "insider" information is outright stupid.
    04-15-14 07:22 AM
    BlackBerry takes stake in a digital health startup.

BlackBerry Takes Stake in NantHealth | Re/code
    Thanks, leafs 123. On the same subject:
    BlackBerry Joins Soon-Shiong in Health-Care Venture - Bloomberg
    zyben, sidhuk, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    04-15-14 07:25 AM
    I see...Thanks Garnok.

Then specs and pricing are very important.

In the worst case, if it is true that the Z3 has a 540 screen - it will be very difficult to compete now.
    The current 720 apps will look blurry on this screen. In the worst case the Z3-launch will be a fiasco and Foxcon will not give BB10 a second try. Then Chen needs to focus on high-end / classic devices for regulated industries only - his first defeat as a CEO. In the long run a few millions devices are not enough to maintain the ecosystem

In the best case the Z3 has a 720 screen and is very competitve in pricing. Flanked by an extremely good marketing campaign, BB/Foxconn are selling millions, then developers are willing to migrate from OS7 to BB10 and Foxconn is willing to sell this phone in India and other markets as well. A few million more users of BB10 devices will stimulate the BB10 platform as a whole which results in good headlines and better perception in the other markets as well - a good setting for the launch of new devices at the end of the year.

I hope one of both cases will happen and nothing in between. I'm tired of the current Schroedinger's cat situation.
    i doubt BB will bring 540p screen on Z3 it will bring trouble to app compabilty...but every rumour i read always telling Z3 will be 540p screen...best pricing for Z3 if they selling it lower than $180 (Rp 1.999.000) . sweet price for many indonesians

Marketing is a must....other thing BB must do is in their own store is BB offer free help support to download popular apps or free help to port android apps (samsung have this in every store they have)
    georg4BB and LibertyPhone like this.
    04-15-14 07:25 AM
    Does anyone have any idea regarding BlackBerry 10 sales in the UK ?
    I've seen a lot more Z10s (after they were reduced), a few q10s, never seen a q5 and one z30 - as for significance - hard to tell - we do know the overall sales so we have a maximum number but that requires sales of zero in other countries so given the number of regions they are in and writing on the back of a *** packet, I would think that Z10s number in low 100,000-200,000 regions, q10 - sub-100,000 or maybe sub-75,000 and the q5 sub 50,000 and the z30 would surely be sub-10,000.
    04-15-14 07:33 AM
    Well, I certainly support BlackBerry, and I also buy shares. I don't think that is the issue. This has been a great place for sharing ideas, but I don't think it helps any of us if we throw the toys out the pram when things become a bit negative.

It's incredibly dangerous to allow prior commitment and emotional wishes to blind us to possible problems. I for one was quite impressed with Chen for a while, but refuse to surrender my common sense long enough to think that he isn't potentially making errors. For me, it was thinking that 'Classic' was a good idea for a new phone. At least the marketing people at BlackBerry seem to have told him it is nuts. I really hope they prevail there.

In general, I think we all should toughen up a bit and use this forum to share thought, both positive and negative. I think there is more value for all of us in that to be honest.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    i have different opinion than yours...

i think JC have move BB to right direction...but not as people in here hope...BB future will be their BBM and BES ..2 things from BB people still appreciate..and if BB can make a comeback im sure it will be because of that...

ps : i'm not trying to pleased bungaboy, i have make same post in another thread, (see im not always negative person)

while for Hardware i have very very bearish opinion..i dont think BB should keep their hardware, it take to much money to producing, distribution, marketing, r&d cost are very high, saturated market and next it is will following other electronic industry race to the bottom...that is why i think jhon chen are in right direction he move the focus to software, not completely abandon the hardware but move the hardware to the background..(that is why there are no proper marketing for Z30 and Z3)...from MWC rather than talking about Z3 he is focus on talking about monetize BES and BBM
    04-15-14 07:55 AM
    New BlackBerry phone in the works?

“BlackBerry’s capabilities align closely with NantHealth’s,” said Chen in a statement on Tuesday.

The two companies are now working together to develop a new smartphone tailored to the needs of the healthcare sector. The device is likely to get launched late in 2014 or early in 2015, said Jim Mackey, BlackBerry’s head of corporate development and strategic planning, in an interview.

“We do plan to make the device available for all, but it will be optimized for viewing 3D images and CT scans,” said Mackey, adding that the device will also be usable as a regular smartphone, allowing users to view movies, play games or access consumer applications.
    BlackBerry buys minority stake in health care IT firm - The Globe and Mail
    04-15-14 07:59 AM
    From Hilary Kramer, president and CIO of A&G Capital

Why you should invest in Blackberry - CNBC
    Superfly_FR, zyben, sidhuk and 8 others like this.
    04-15-14 07:59 AM

http://recode.net/2014/04/15/blackbe...in-nanthealth/
    I like what Chen is doing. I might double my share count today.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 08:01 AM
    From Hilary Kramer, president and CIO of A&G Capital

Why you should invest in Blackberry - CNBC
    At 2:17

"Wall Street is just like a bunch of kids. There's popular companies and some that are not..."
    jxnb, W Hoa, Superfly_FR and 5 others like this.
    04-15-14 08:10 AM
    OT: HALO

Really quick OT post but Citigroup rated HALO a buy today, I would still be cautious to see if the sell off in bio has flattened, if I had the spare capital i'd be jumping in at $7 but thats me personally. GL!

http://247wallst.com/investing/2014/...mart-and-more/
    04-15-14 08:12 AM
    I am really looking forward today: maybe the stock will react positively to the news ;-)

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 08:14 AM

BlackBerry Takes Stake in NantHealth | Re/code
    Heins may have set the wheels in motion for this deal

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-thorsten-heins-patrick-soon-shiong-phoenix-f4orff3acd9l.jpg
    Superfly_FR, jxnb, sidhuk and 8 others like this.
    04-15-14 09:03 AM
    I am really looking forward today: maybe the stock will react positively to the news ;-)

Posted via CB10
    Even on good news this thing cant stay green there is no support what so ever left
    04-15-14 09:11 AM
    The two companies are now working together to develop a new smartphone tailored to the needs of the healthcare sector. The device is likely to get launched late in 2014 or early in 2015, said Jim Mackey, BlackBerry�s head of corporate development and strategic planning, in an interview.

�We do plan to make the device available for all, but it will be optimized for viewing 3D images and CT scans,� said Mackey, adding that the device will also be usable as a regular smartphone, allowing users to view movies, play games or access consumer applications.
    For viewing 3D images and CT scans, you need at least an 11 inch tablet. Trying to do this on even a six inch phone is worse than useless, it's dangerous. This is a non starter.
    04-15-14 09:12 AM
    New BlackBerry phone in the works?
    We do plan to make the device available for all, but it will be optimized for viewing 3D images and CT scans
    Sounds familiar ?
    Amazon Phones Could Pack Four Cameras for 3D Effects

on time, maybe ?
    04-15-14 09:14 AM
    their BBM money pilot project in indonesia result are a failure...they cant find big name bank to back them up and there are no store merchat accepting BBM money payment...
    BBM money is peer to peer transfers, AFAIK.
    dusdal, sidhuk, La Emperor and 2 others like this.
    04-15-14 09:16 AM
    For viewing 3D images and CT scans, you need at least an 11 inch tablet. Trying to do this on even a six inch phone is worse than useless, it's dangerous. This is a non starter.
    Thank you for bringing all your industry knowledge to bear on this issue. The CEO of NantHealth has a net worth of $8 billion and has, obviously, not quite the keen understanding of the business that you do. I shudder to think what may come of his wealth, that he is, unwittingly, putting into peril with his partnership with that devious John Chen.
    dusdal, zyben, La Emperor and 9 others like this.
    04-15-14 09:53 AM
    yes....many of my post are mostly negative..

but in all my post i tried to give the actual information, not just a false hope/information some people try to make......sometimes i give incorrect information but people are always welcome to correct me, and i will apologize..

my reason for post in this thread...because investor always need to know information good or bad, and make their own decision...it is not helping if they always hear "it is ok dont worried". BB focus in the future will be business/ corporate and emerging market especially indonesia, i lived in indonesia..i know information about BB in indonesia more than people in here...

if you always want to hear the good side story about BB then good luck for you and your investment..but i know some investors need to know another side even if it is bad
    I also read your previous posts and thought you are negative. There is nothing wrong with being negative.
    All of us live or lived in certain countries but most of the bulls failed to see their own country's buying appetite of BlackBerry. Bears are right because bb10 sales are low, not because thy judged it right. So now, based on the market trends it is very easy to predict dead cat bounce.
    Companies/business or friendships/relationships are about people. Blackberry has different team now. They all joined on JC's request, they all joined a marked "dead" company. They didn't have too put their name on blackberry.
    There are people who are very good players in general. They have all the right moves and shots under normal conditions. But when comes the crunch time, they are no where to be seen and they surrender.
    Previous BlackBerry team just did that. But PW didn't and still keeping the game alive. No matter how.
    I believe this new team, will come up with the right strategy. Every one makes mistakes. Some more some less. A good management team makes less mistakes and learns quickly from it. This new team has done same in the past and have shown that they know how to win.
    It is very hard to be blackberry bull these days. People calling manipulators and pumpers. You can call what ever you like but being bulls on blackberry, one needs balls of steel. I appreciate your services that you are trying to save us or trying to save other people from us cause according to you we can not see the negatives and you may be right if blackberry goes out of business.
    So for, I have heard low speck bashing about z30 and z10 and other currently available devices in market. They are not selling in the market for various reasons. However, I have used z30 and z10 and these devices do not perform as low speck at all. Z30 is the best device that I have ever used, I don't think that JC will allow a blurry screen device on the market and foxcon will invest money knowing that screen is not readable.
    There is a school yard bullying. Which is done by one or two kids but others joins them because they don't wanna get beaten by being on the wrong side, soon these side kicks start part time bullying of there own.
    Same thing is with media bullying the minority.
    Leaders in other countries have won elections by bashing the minorities. It is an old formula which almost always works. But with education it is loosing it's popularity.
    But in business world, it is any ones game with majority on their side . Media will only make money if they praise the majority because more and more people will like to be assured by the media that they made the right choice. And many will feel obligated to support the cause of the majority like school yard bully's side kick mentality.
    The turn around at blackberry has started and it is in it's infancy.
    The countries that you are talking about, I have seen and lived/worked there too. The most sure way to be successful in those countries is having distributors at national levels then regional and local levels. These distributors put up large some of money upfront to secure their areas. Which makes them work hard to sell their own products.
    Blackberry does have good products. All they need is people who have vested interest in blackberry product sales. They will spend time convincing local people that the product is good.
    Last couple of interviews that I have seen, JC is been talking about distribution deals in these countries.
    Now this is just the hardware side where blackberry has minimized their risks by making deal with Foxconn.
    Switching bbos to bb10 is catch 22. On one side blackberry gets a nice monthly fee by selling old bbos devices and is being looked/bashed at that bb10 devices are not selling. But if bb10 devices gets successful then BlackBerry will loose monthly fees.
    To me there is nothing wrong with selling old devices at loss or break even until blackberry comes up with personal cloud/bes12 services to make money from the subscribers.
    I can go on and on for pages here as to why I am bull on blackberry and knowing that blackberry could go out of business. But it will never convince bears because they have already made up their mind.
    Majority will join the bulls when blackberry reports 3 to 4 quarters with solid numbers and that is understandable.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    04-15-14 10:09 AM
    Thank you for bringing all your industry knowledge to bear on this issue. The CEO of NantHealth has a net worth of $8 billion and has, obviously, not quite the keen understanding of the business that you do. I shudder to think what may come of his wealth, that he is, unwittingly, putting into peril with his partnership with that devious John Chen.
    I am not sure about 'in the field' situation, but in my classes I use my Z10 and my students use their iPads and iPhones to view CT scans and X-ray images during our simulated case sessions. Worked fine to me, at least in classroom setting.
    dusdal, sidhuk, Corbu and 9 others like this.
    04-15-14 10:10 AM
    An appeal to authority is not an argument. I urge you to find out for yourself - do you know any medical professionals you can ask? Have you tried to look at any medical images on a smartphone? I have spoken to an opthalmologist and dentist regarding this. This topic has come up and they say that even the 11 inch iPad is at the margins of usability for this use case.
    04-15-14 10:24 AM
    Since this kind of press release is for the technology press, the investment community, and consumers - when people think of healthcare technology, they usually think of scans and heart monitors even though that kind of activity probably represents less than 2% of health care technology. They want you to think of someone looking at a scan on a Blackberry device. You are right, though, nobody is actually going to be interpreting scans on a mobile phone.

What comes to mind, for Blakberry, is those phones that nurses carry around in the hospital to communicate. They are usually candybar phones. I imagine they could be upgraded to slabs, though. It takes a ton of integration work to get any particular hospital IT system to send good information to a mobile device. I would be surprised if anything but the most common mobile platforms were supported.

By the way, most healthcare professionals use consumer phones just like we use ordinary PCs to do our work. It doesn't have to be antimicrobial, non-ferrous, more locked-down (VPN will do), shielded or whatever. And, we take our smartphones home and use them like everyone else.
    Last edited by early2bed; 04-15-14 at 10:35 AM.
    04-15-14 10:24 AM
    Lol...more opinion and no facts and of course nothing but BlackBerry hate.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-15-14 10:40 AM
    An appeal to authority is not an argument. I urge you to find out for yourself - do you know any medical professionals you can ask? Have you tried to look at any medical images on a smartphone? I have spoken to an opthalmologist and dentist regarding this. This topic has come up and they say that even the 11 inch iPad is at the margins of usability for this use case.
    You just defended "an appeal to authority is not an argument" by urging that he appeal to an authority?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-15-14 10:42 AM
    You just defended "an appeal to authority is not an argument" by urging that he appeal to an authority?
    No, quite the opposite. I urged him to do his own research. You should look up "appeal to authority" in Wikipedia, it's not what you seem to think it is.
    04-15-14 10:58 AM
113,250 ... 25672568256925702571 ...