Voters
1110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    04-02-14 08:46 AM
    Time to dust this one off again?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-1396446526333_940030.jpeg

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    04-02-14 08:49 AM
    I'm really looking forward to seeing how much money the BBM Shop can make. I think it might surprise some people. I think they look great. There is loads of potential if they can some top brands and characters involved.

I'd love to see sports team stickers asap - NHL packs with a selection of favourite players, along with a NHL Legends pack. Same for other sports, including European football. This WILL sell if they can make it happen.

Corbu, sidhuk, plasmid_boy and 5 others like this.
    04-02-14 08:52 AM
    I'm really looking forward to seeing how much money the BBM Shop can make. I think it might surprise some people. I think they look great. There is loads of potential if they can some top brands and characters involved.

I'd love to see sports team stickers asap - NHL packs with a selection of favourite players, along with a NHL Legends pack. Same for other sports, including European football. This WILL sell if they can make it happen.

I am personally not into stickers, but bought some to send to my 6 yo daughter. I would buy more if they have Hello Kitty and My Little Pony stickers...LOL
    04-02-14 08:56 AM
    I am personally not into stickers, but bought some to send to my 6 yo daughter. I would buy more if they have Hello Kitty and My Little Pony stickers...LOL
    Good morning Gang.
    Yes I purchased too the other day.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    04-02-14 08:59 AM
    Good morning Gang.
    Yes I purchased too the other day.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    Surely, we will see some more added soon. It would take time to design and produce sports team stickers packs, but a Manchester United sticker pack, for example, would be massive. Many teams have huge worldwide support and having sticker packs for them would be a guaranteed success.

04-02-14 09:06 AM
    OT - Hey M8, what are your thoughts on the change in mgmt of HALO today and what implications you think the sp will have with the approval of MNKD? Thanks in advance
    04-02-14 09:12 AM
    I'm waiting for the Pron ones.
    sidhuk and plasmid_boy like this.
    04-02-14 09:20 AM
    Viber, with over 100 million monthly active users, introduced stickers and within 3 months users had downloaded 100 million sticker packs.

Rakuten acquisition reveals Viber has 100M active users
    morganplus8, Corbu, sidhuk and 5 others like this.
    04-02-14 09:24 AM
    I am starting to feel more positive.

I think the hardware side will surprise to the upside because of the way it is structured now. Can still sell low volume but have positive Goss profit.

I still think BES is the big one. They need to smash this out of the park. If they can keep service revs flat until BES12 then incrementally grow revs with BES12 that would be great.

QNX is nice but I think it will play out over 5 years. BES, BES, BES. I am sure Chen knows this aswell.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 09:27 AM

I think the hardware side will surprise to the upside because of the way it is structured now. Can still sell low volume but have positive Goss profit.

I still think BES is the big one. They need to smash this out of the park. If they can keep service revs flat until BES12 then incrementally grow revs with BES12 that would be great.

QNX is nice but I think it will play out over 5 years. BES, BES, BES. I am sure Chen knows this aswell.
    On the hardware question. From Chris U's blog entry:
    Stock Talk: BlackBerry’s situation for the next year | CrackBerry.com

One of the things most good analysts do in their forecasts is estimate gross margin for the hardware and software business on a quarterly basis. The company actually discloses it annually, so when this disclosure is given at the end of each year you’ve got to go re-calibrate your model to make the numbers fit in order to reasonably estimate the quarterly numbers. Kaushal estimates that BlackBerry had -19% gross margin in the hardware business last quarter, an improvement from -35% in prior quarter.

My thinking: It’s scary to see hardware margins so firmly in the negative, but it’s great to see the big quarter over quarter change. It really helps me get my head around the possibility of zero to slightly positive margins in the hardware business sometime this year. If Kaushal’s Q4 estimates are right and we assume BlackBerry gets hardware margin to 0% while keeping hardware revenue flat then it implies about a $70M increase in gross profit. That would go a long way towards putting the company closer to cash flow break even.
    As well as other interesting bits in there.
    04-02-14 09:31 AM
    OT - Hey M8, what are your thoughts on the change in mgmt of HALO today and what implications you think the sp will have with the approval of MNKD? Thanks in advance
    Regarding HALO news, I think we are seeing the company broaden its ability to market its products in a way that precludes a sale of the company itself. The news today should drive home the idea that HALO wants to stay independent and develop its own products and take them to market. I like the news as it implies that they see enough broad appeal in their existing product line to take on top staff. I also believe there is a surprise coming in all of this, a rapid approval or extended approval coming that merits the expansion (box labelling etc.). As for MNKD, I think the stock is way too high based upon their news, the FDA still has to approve of the drug and there will be limits on its marketing and sale. In addition, the market for that inhaler is limited so sales will have to ramp up over many years. How can you justify a market cap of $ 2.5 Billion plus for a drug with limited scale? Finally, it doesn't affect HALO so much as the two methods of delivery will be chosen based upon their unique ability to service, per individual patient. I wouldn't buy MNKD at today's price as it could crash if the FDA thinks the powder inhaled is too intrusive for a patient's lungs. There is little doubt that this news is holding HALO back today though. I'm not a medical expert, I do my research and try to understand the competition but I don't do research in this field nor is my PhD in science. So please understand that I'm much better equipped to review companies based upon their financial backdrop! GL
    MasterMoe, rarsen, jxnb and 4 others like this.
    04-02-14 09:57 AM
    I got in at $8.10 this AM and am hoping we keep going in the POSITIVE direction today!

After the last few days I figured it was time for BBRY to turn around.
    Superfly_FR, rarsen, gg22 and 2 others like this.
    04-02-14 10:11 AM
    After the last few days I figured it was time for BBRY to turn around.
    Same here, but substitute few days with few years in my case.
    04-02-14 10:17 AM
    Same here, but substitute few days with few years in my case.
    bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    04-02-14 10:18 AM

PS - $1.99 for a sticker pack? I guess, but I would have imagined $.99 would have made sense at this point. Hopefully it isn't yet another amazing BlackBerry pricing fiasco. I love the idea, but really want it to fly. Popularity is more important than profit in the very short term. Perhaps they should have set the price at $1.99, but offered a 30-day $.99 introductory sale...
    Ah! But these are "Prosumer" sticker packs, thus they command a higher premium....;-)

Flicked out via Zed10
    04-02-14 10:26 AM
    Haha I am in that camp, except in at 13 now

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-02-14 10:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    There's a very important point Bears omit to value.
    While BES12 may/will delay several BES5 companies upgrade right now (skipping BES10), this won't affect the conquest targets (see my post about it above). So, as Morgan, I felt a little deceived with BES12 schedule ... at first.
    But, if I stand on an operational POV, they can push hard on the conquest (hit the road, salesDudes !) and focus 100% on that action.

Remember : the EZtrade program is the (free) full path from Competitors -> BES10 -> BES12 so that actual companies with no BlackBerry devices who want to enter the EMM will likely install BES10 as BES12 will only add capabilities later this year.

edit: And, of course, NEW consumers will generate greater revenues than upgrades ...
    04-02-14 10:27 AM
    Ladies and gents, we have something happening here ... twice this week ?!?
    We went from $7.25 to $8 within the quarter (if I remind correctly), 63% is quite stable (+/- 2%) for a year or such.
    Note : this indicator has no real value as such. Yet its fluctuation is - to me - quite insightful.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-capture.png
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    04-02-14 10:37 AM
    There's a very important point Bears omit to value.
    While BES12 may/will delay several BES5 companies upgrade right now (skipping BES10), this won't affect the conquest targets (see my post about it above). So, as Morgan, I felt a little deceived with BES12 schedule ... at first.
    But, if I stand on an operational POV, they can push hard on the conquest (hit the road, salesDudes !) and focus 100% on that action.

Remember : the EZtrade program is the (free) full path from Competitors -> BES10 -> BES12 so that actual companies with no BlackBerry devices who want to enter the EMM will likely install BES10 as BES12 will only add capabilities later this year.

edit: And, of course, NEW consumers will generate greater revenues than upgrades ...
    I can see them delivering on BES12 early, imagine the price of the stock if Chen starts handing out Apple like guidance and beating every time. I don't see them taking that long to bring it to a market somewhere.
    sidhuk, W Hoa, _dimi_ and 11 others like this.
    04-02-14 10:47 AM
    I can see them delivering on BES12 early, imagine the price of the stock if Chen starts handing out Apple like guidance and beating every time. I don't see them taking that long to bring it to a market somewhere.
    I don't remember which of the post earnings interviews it was but when asked about BES12 Chen said something like "October, no wait I better say November. Everytime I talk to the engineers I keep moving the deadline up a month on them..."
    04-02-14 11:02 AM
    Hey Morgan!

I forgot to thank you for last week's reply.

The thing is, I've made it a habit to plan small trips around earnings releases. It takes my mind off the day-trading while I just focus on the highlights and long term targets. Plus, it's fun! :-) So as I spent a long weekend in Madrid, I barely spent time online. Anyway, thanks!!!

What I've been wondering about is this: for the past few quarters BlackBerry have not acknowledged revenue for a considerable part of the handsets that were sold to end consumers as they had previously already been reported. Do we have any idea when this will stop, and when actual sell-though figures will be reflected into their hardware revenue? Is this question even relevant for shareholders? Because it would have a BIG impact in just nominal figures if you ask me?!

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 11:03 AM
    Superbly I see your point.

The question is are there really so many conquest targets for BES10. So far from. What I have seen there is not so much traction here. Although I note it is still early days.

Just trying to be realistic about the whole thing.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 11:03 AM
    Hey Morgan!

I forgot to thank you for last week's reply.

The thing is, I've made it a habit to plan small trips around earnings releases. It takes my mind off the day-trading while I just focus on the highlights and long term targets. Plus, it's fun! :-) So as I spent a long weekend in Madrid, I barely spent time online. Anyway, thanks!!!

What I've been wondering about is this: for the past few quarters BlackBerry have not acknowledged revenue for a considerable part of the handsets that were sold to end consumers as they had previously already been reported. Do we have any idea when this will stop, and when actual sell-though figures will be reflected into their hardware revenue? Is this question even relevant for shareholders? Because it would have a BIG impact in just nominal figures if you ask me?!

Posted via CB10
    _dimi_!!

Good lord, I hope I said something worthwhile for ya! Ha!

Let's look at BBRY, we dropped below $ 8.00/shr based upon a miss of $ 218 MM bucks in revenue. That's one heck of a discount don't you think? I had to buy more below $ 8.00 as this is stupid cheap down here. So imagine what you are paying if you wrote some naked Puts for the May 17th expiry and a strike of $ 8.00/shr, today, you can get $ .54/shr for those options entitling you to get the stock Put to you for under $ 7.50/shr!!!! What a bloody gift that is and that's available as I type. Think what those options were going for when the stock was testing $ 7.90/shr this week. They just sell this one down and walk away from what could be a huge story in 6 months time. If the Z3 does reasonably well, if anything improves in the slightest, we are going for a pleasant "trip" ourselves. Peace out!
    04-02-14 11:17 AM
    M+8. Peace out.....love it

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    04-02-14 11:22 AM
106,800 ... 25442545254625472548 ...