View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.77%
  • No

411 37.23%
    "Only a few enterprise said : we're holding off and waiting for BES12 & Classic".
    yet :
    "I believe most custumers will wait for BES 12."
    jxnb and bungaboy like this.
    03-28-14 08:46 AM
    Chen's optimism is being tempered by reality and cautious approach. He is positive but not knocking it out of the park as he did last time. Peter Misek up.
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    03-28-14 08:46 AM
    Misek : MDM market ? Competitors, concentrations. What's your differenciation ?
    + Cash question.

J.C : MDM (I built it with SAP) . It is mature, bigger and bigger with high prices. EMM is a much bigger market but have to be built on MDM.
    => on premise + cloud + mixed is our idea, not compte on MDM only but anything related.
    Regulated may believe that security isn't that big, but it's because some aren't aware of what a real problem would be (hearthquake California //)
    Identity security is very importenat

We have deep technology and know-how.
    jxnb and bungaboy like this.
    03-28-14 08:51 AM
    Cash in hand will always stay above $2 billion before breaking even.
    03-28-14 08:52 AM
    Cash in hand will always stay above $2 billion before breaking even.
    He hopes or plans that, but its not fact.
    03-28-14 08:54 AM
    Did I miss something - did we actually get solid BES numbers?
    03-28-14 08:55 AM
    Chen's optimism is being tempered by reality and cautious approach. He is positive but not knocking it out of the park as he did last time. Peter Misek up.
    Misek is such a let-down. At least we learned that the base for cash-flow is above $ 2.0 B, that's fantastic news. There are mixed results here but you can see where we are going now, the next Q should contain positive results. The stock might not accomplish much today as the shorts aren't getting their feet burned on anything today, but, there is a clear effort on the part of BB to right size the business and I can see that happening now. Not a bad day.
    03-28-14 08:55 AM
    Glad that got worked out. Cash 2.7B - Debt 1.25B = net 1.45B
    03-28-14 08:56 AM
    Didn't Chen sound hesitant when asked about the hesitation enterprises have to migrate to BES12? First time he sounded a bit disorganised to me.

Great one on the survey for the Q20 name: We did a survey of one, me, and I won! That was funny.
    03-28-14 08:57 AM
    Shorts are hard at work

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 08:59 AM
    Chilling out ... yet still positive ...
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-capture.png
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-28-14 09:00 AM
    Misek lobbed in a softball. Poor showing. Chen just handled the cash/bond issue very poorly in my book. He shows he doesn't understand, or at least appreciate that if Prem converts his bonds at 10, the stock suffer. Granted it is "non-cash" right now but to disregard the required accounting rules to allow for the conversion as being nonsense is uninspiring.

Only 85M active BBM users is very disturbing to me, growth slowed dramatically.
    03-28-14 09:01 AM
    J.C : I don't have the intention to lose money on handset. Volumes are nothing. Margins alone matters.
    Dealing hard with FC for that.

approx quote
    zyben and bungaboy like this.
    03-28-14 09:02 AM
    I wish a leading media group would conduct a simple survey:

1) have you ever heard of BlackBerry 10?
    2) are you aware that the new BlackBerry phones have the fastest browser in the world?
    3) Etc.

I think the results would surprise even some Crackberry folks. I have no idea if they would surprise BlackBerry HQ... marketing is an area I still have no faith in them in. I'm afraid we will see another year of completely hopeless advertising followed by puzzled looks over sales figures, or talk of simply giving up on regular consumers.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    03-28-14 09:02 AM
    Misek lobbed in a softball. Poor showing. Chen just handled the cash/bond issue very poorly in my book. He shows he doesn't understand, or at least appreciate that if Prem converts his bonds at 10, the stock suffer. Granted it is "non-cash" right now but to disregard the required accounting rules to allow for the conversion as being nonsense is uninspiring.

Only 85M active BBM users is very disturbing to me, growth slowed dramatically.
    It was 80 million in Oct - so 5 million in six months is pretty slow relative to key performers in market.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    03-28-14 09:03 AM
    Sees hardware breakeven in '16.
    03-28-14 09:03 AM
    Glad that got worked out. Cash 2.7B - Debt 1.25B = net 1.45B
    They took a $ 438 MM non-cash charge to cash related to that debt offering which I would refer to as a convertable bond issue. Chen said that money comes back in when the stock closes above $ 10.00/shr/ He is saying that FairFax would convert and wipe out the debt which analysts should accept as true. Accounting is getting in the way of some decent results.
    zyben, rarsen, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    03-28-14 09:04 AM
    It was 80 million in Oct - so 5 million in six months is pretty slow relative to key performers in market.
    Meh, he threw out 115 (ballpark) sign ups, but with 85 million actively using.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-28-14 09:04 AM
    QNX markeshare ?

Half of the cars, with more players becoming compatible (appleCar) ... we might hit near 100% (did I hear right ?) ... => quite dominant.
    zyben, rarsen, jxnb and 1 others like this.
    03-28-14 09:05 AM
    Meh, he threw out 115 (ballpark) sign ups, but with 85 million actively using.
    Nobody cares about sign-up, active users is the only metric that matters.
    Superfly_FR and rarsen like this.
    03-28-14 09:05 AM
    I would love to see what they consider active and would also like to see whatsapps active user i doubt it close to 500 million
    Corbu and bungaboy like this.
    03-28-14 09:06 AM
    When they reported "total subscribers" instead of "active users" (the metric they had been using, and most use for comparison) they became the TH lead BBRY again and you knew it was a bad sign.
    03-28-14 09:07 AM
    "Only a few enterprise said : we're holding off and waiting for BES12 & Classic".
    yet :
    "I believe most custumers will wait for BES 12."
    Afraid that those customers are not waiting..... they have already moved on. Of the five companies that I was aware of, that were totally BlackBerry and had BES and BESX four years ago... all have gone to other platforms, one just dropped mobile management totally. This has not been a process of just the last year, people have been looking for options for several years now as BlackBerry had been in a holding pattern for almost three years waiting on their new platform. The fact that it dropped and no one cared was a wake up call. Thinking a year later that there are still a lot of companies out there just "waiting".....
    techvisor likes this.
    As for BBM user base, while they mention 85 millions, which would seem a slow increase from last ER, at 80, which they did confirm "apple to apple", they did mention however the number of subscriber is at 125/135 millions. Is it possible it was number of "registered" users they refer to in the last ER in December? And are other IM using active users or registered users?
    yes, but was 130 millions
    bungaboy likes this.
104,897 ... 25272528252925302531 ...