View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.77%
  • No

411 37.23%
    Anyways, hugely off-topic.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled stock discussion.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, OMGitworks and sidhuk like this.
    03-20-14 07:25 AM
    No thanks Google. I think I will stick to my even better BlackBerry keyboard, and skip the data mining:

Google Keyboard's autocorrect gets better if you let it mine your data

Man! I hope the stock pops again tomorrow. Wonder what the reason for a near 5% gain was today? Couldn't be Z30 being sold direct(!?)
    Well, I don't think it was the Z30 being sold direct. There seem to have been a few things happening. First, $9 support was tested twice and each time it held like a boss. Then the downtrend broke after a steep and daily decline for 8 straight trading sessions. Then, the uptrend line from back in early December met with the stock price, which happened to be a support, which happened to break the downtrend. Seems like a perfect storm. Of course, had it broken down below $9 like I was worried about, this could have been a dirty mess right now but I think it will trade between here and $10 getting tighter until the ER. Then it's anybody's guess.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-screen-shot-2014-03-20-7.20.22-am.png
    03-20-14 07:28 AM
    Thanks, that makes sense. Was wondering if yesterdays Jabil ER said anything about better BlackBerry sales. But I think they are already out.
    What do you guys think about the giant square screen that leaked? Though I do not believe this could be a form factor for the masses, it should be great for text editing. Could Foxconn be successful with producing high specific devices in limited number of units?
    03-20-14 08:03 AM
    Thanks, that makes sense. Was wondering if yesterdays Jabil ER said anything about better BlackBerry sales. But I think they are already out.
    What do you guys think about the giant square screen that leaked? Though I do not believe this could be a form factor for the masses, it should be great for text editing. Could Foxconn be successful with producing high specific devices in limited number of units?
    The SP isn't run by device rumours anymore. That ship has sailed and may, or may not, come back to port in coming quarters/years. The big boys are looking at the software possibilities over hardware.
    03-20-14 08:08 AM
    The SP isn't run by device rumours anymore. That ship has sailed and may, or may not, come back to port in coming quarters/years. The big boys are looking at the software possibilities over hardware.
    Absolutely....Big news going forward will be BES uptake. If during the ER they report accelerated take rate (which I am going out on a limb and say this is doing very well for them), then watch for a good day at ER

CB10'n it via da Z
    cjcampbell and sidhuk like this.
    03-20-14 09:09 AM
    Absolutely....Big news going forward will be BES uptake. If during the ER they report accelerated take rate (which I am going out on a limb and say this is doing very well for them), then watch for a good day at ER

CB10'n it via da Z
    I also think that guidance on operational cost going forward will be a big piece of news on ER day
    03-20-14 09:17 AM
    Please keep in mind we are in survival and recovery mode. Don't expect any "Hail Berry" passes at this ER.
    03-20-14 09:19 AM
    03-20-14 09:28 AM
    My hunch is that the stock will be flat after ER, as this will certainly kill a lot of calls and puts. I expect a lot of people will be betting for a big move as with most Blackberry ERs. Personally I will buy a few ATM puts going into ER just as a gamble.

Please keep in mind we are in survival and recovery mode. Don't expect any "Hail Berry" passes at this ER.
    03-20-14 09:54 AM
    My hunch is that the stock will be flat after ER, as this will certainly kill a lot of calls and puts. I expect a lot of people will be betting for a big move as with most Blackberry ERs. Personally I will buy a few ATM puts going into ER just as a gamble.
    i wouldnt might it being flat im getting sick of this pump and dump roller coaster
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-20-14 09:58 AM
    This ER won't be about sales or revenues.

It will be purely about confidence.

I would be very bewildered if it stayed flat though.
    Superfly_FR, Corbu, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    03-20-14 10:25 AM
    Hold the volume up and down keys simultaneously until the phone goes black and starts to reboot. Could be 20-30 seconds or so

Posted via CB10
    Best to hold until the purple squarish thing show up. About 35 seconds.
    sidhuk and Bacon Munchers like this.
    03-20-14 10:27 AM
    Well, flat is decidedly better than historic ER activity (last one excluded) LoL
    OMGitworks and sidhuk like this.
    03-20-14 10:30 AM
    Best to hold until the purple squarish thing show up. About 35 seconds.
    Yeah. Once I see "BlackBerry" pop up on the screen, I know that the reboot has started so that's when I let go. Doesn't hurt to be safe though.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-20-14 10:30 AM
    Alibaba is about to go public, they have a lot of funny money to play with or soon will after the IPO.

EDIT: They may raise as much as $15B at the IPO.
    Last edited by OMGitworks; 03-20-14 at 10:48 AM.
    03-20-14 10:32 AM
    This is the bipolar Mr.Market that we know and love.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 12:53 PM
    Interesting post by Bob Taniguchi, senior director product management at QNX.

Gnarled two week IoT veteran speaks

I have been in my new gig for just over two weeks and have spent a lof of this time reading up on the Internet of Things (IoT) and Machine to Machine (M2M) landscape, Clearly, the tech industry hype machine is in overdrive. I guess these two weeks now makes me an industry veteran, at least given the rapidly shifting market landscape and the divergent approaches that exist today.

Maybe its my old PC systems management background or even my recent mobile MDM bias, but a lot of whats being built in the market appears to be modeled upon these pioneering systems. I think this is the wrong approach, The Internet of Things is all about the device and its unique functional characteristics. Period. Hence, any product built to address IoT scenarios must take a device first approach.

It should not be a surprise for me to say given the institutional knowledge @QNX that this is the design approach were taking. Now youre asking, What does that mean?. I will from time to time share more thoughts as we make our way to market and what it means to be truly device first.

ecosystemville | Bob Taniguchi's Technology and Technical Evangelism Insights
    rarsen, bungaboy, sidhuk and 8 others like this.
    03-20-14 01:09 PM
    Good faith on a green day today!

OT: nice leak of the monster qwerty coming up...

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=916445

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 01:40 PM
    Guys check out the apr. 19th $11 and $12 calls. 40,000 contracts have been traded.
    03-20-14 01:44 PM
    Another entrant into the handset business. I wonder if they're developing their own OS, or working with Google or MS?
    The Rumored Amazon Phone Is Coming, And It's Going To Have 6 Cameras - SFGate
    Saberhagen likes this.
    03-20-14 02:56 PM
    So option sellers can now keep the price below $11 till next month and pocket a nice chunk of change.

Guys check out the apr. 19th $11 and $12 calls. 40,000 contracts have been traded.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    03-20-14 03:08 PM
    Another entrant into the handset business. I wonder if they're developing their own OS, or working with Google or MS?
    The Rumored Amazon Phone Is Coming, And It's Going To Have 6 Cameras - SFGate
    [dreamtime]
    Or BB10 with a full featured and supporting Amazon store and online distribution channel ?
    ... pinch me please...
    [/dt]

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, sidhuk, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    03-20-14 03:11 PM
    End of day fight for the line lol.

Posted via CB10

EDIT - and it seems the bears just wanted it more this time.
    03-20-14 03:52 PM
    Anyone who thinks this stock isnt manipulated on a daily basis then you really need to open your eyes lol. 20-30 cent gaps up and down lol
    03-20-14 03:59 PM
    WSJ source: White House testing Samsung, LG smartphones for internal use. Threat to BlackBerry
    03-20-14 04:01 PM
104,888 ... 25082509251025112512 ...