View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    They say, the user interface of BB10 is not at the level of Android and IOS. It is different, but not at this level? First time I've heard something like that. Is this already the general perception? What is wrong with the UI?

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry haven't done a thing to help people love the new OS. They just do not know how to tell a story, and so everyone else has been writing the BlackBerry narrative for over a year now.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    bungaboy, Corbu and sidhuk like this.
    03-15-14 07:35 AM
    BlackBerry haven't done a thing to help people love the new OS. They just do not know how to tell a story, and so everyone else has been writing the BlackBerry narrative for over a year now.

The statement came from someone who used a Z30 every day. This puzzles me. The company will drop BB10 because it's not the level of IPHONE regarding UI.
    This guy doesn't love his Z30. What is wrong with him or us? Is the look and feel of BB10 Already outdated?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 07:48 AM
    The statement came from someone who used a Z30 every day. This puzzles me. The company will drop BB10 because it's not the level of IPHONE regarding UI.
    This guy doesn't love his Z30. What is wrong with him or us? Is the look and feel of BB10 Already outdated?

Posted via CB10
    No, the OS is great. People care about more than quality and efficiency though. BlackBerry 10 just isn't 'cool' yet. Some people laugh or hiss if you mention the importance of 'cool', but it makes a big difference in perception. Try this experiment...

Grab a box of any old orange juice or apple juice or whatever. Pour it into a glass and ask some friends to taste it without letting them see what brand it is, BUT, as 'genuinely' as possible, mention that it's the best stuff you've ever tasted and that it's a bit expensive but you found it at some organic farmer's market or something.

Then, offer the same stuff to a few others and somewhat sceptically ask them whether they think this juice you picked up is really worth the somewhat high price you paid for it.

This is a very basic and well-proven phenomenon. Perception and priming matter. People are currently primed not to be impressed by BlackBerry, and if nothing is done about that it will take a long time for things to change, if BlackBerry have that much time.

Corbu, rarsen, ibpluto and 4 others like this.
    03-15-14 08:05 AM
    CJ,
    We love it when you talk dirty.

Sorry for the cheese fellas.
    Am just a bit excited on this one.
    Don't get too excited just yet. It was an exciting day, but it's still just one green day in a pretty strong downtrend. Monday needs to be up again to break that.
    03-15-14 09:18 AM
    Don't get too excited just yet. It was an exciting day, but it's still just one green day in a pretty strong downtrend. Monday needs to be up again to break that.
    At your age, I would have thought that you don't have problems keeping it up everyday

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 09:57 AM
    At your age, I would have thought that you don't have problems keeping it up everyday

Posted via CB10
    Somehow it always starts off strong in the morning.....
    03-15-14 09:59 AM
    Somehow it always starts off strong in the morning.....
    10:30 dip then up up and away.

Is that a Z30...yes, yes it is.
    rarsen, sidhuk, Corbu and 2 others like this.
    03-15-14 10:07 AM
    10:30 dip then up up and away.

Oh..you have a secretary too?
    03-15-14 10:25 AM
    Hello gang, back under heavy work load (good !), nice to see all this green !
    Let's keep calm, we will have earth shakes (and hopefully no heart breaks) before and after the E.R.
    Still long, still confident: QNX balls !!!

Have a great weekend, all !
    03-15-14 12:02 PM
    Amen

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and Superfly_FR like this.
    03-15-14 12:10 PM
    For those who missed it : Talking Stocks: How BlackBerry, Apple, Google and Microsoft performed the past year | CrackBerry.com

My favs:

And BlackBerry has clearly made the right move in deciding to focus heavily on the enterprise. The market seems to think so too. Just look how the direction of the stock chart changed course in December. BlackBerry fans need to remember that BlackBerry is less than a $5 billion company (market value) today compared to over $300 billion for the smallest of the other three competitors. Winning in the device market is absolutely not required for BlackBerry to be a solid performer going forward. But staying relevant in the enterprise is relevant.
    And there is always BBM. It’s clearly one of the best cross-platform IM applications out there, and aside from being an enterprise player BlackBerry should stand a chance at being a communications application company. There’s a lot of money to be made in displacing SMS over the next decade. Just look at Facebook’s $19 billion acquisition of WhatsApp as proof of what the big boys believe.
    yeah, have a nice weekend folks !
    03-15-14 12:38 PM
    Since we are talking emerging markets a lot - Nokia just tweeted that the X has hit one million preorders in china alone - have to wonder if MS kill it or decide it is worth keeping simply to draw users into their ecosystem via office, onedrive, bing apps.
    03-15-14 01:18 PM
    That's what the z3 is built to do woukd be nice to get it in China

Posted via CB10
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    03-15-14 01:50 PM
    That's what the z3 is built to do woukd be nice to get it in China

Posted via CB10
    I think the Z3 is priced more towards the XL the next model up?
    03-15-14 01:51 PM
    Tech ‘arms race’ unfolds in car industry | Toronto Star

Tech ‘arms race’ unfolds in car industry
    Ideas once viewed as the stuff of fiction are just around the bend

Apple’s iPhone in the auto grabbed the spotlight at the 2014 Geneva Motor Show, but the CarPlay operating system was hardly the most startling innovation at the 84th annual event that wraps up this weekend.

That distinction belongs to the Renault Kwid concept car with its own flying drone — a tiny “quadracopter” that can scout traffic obstacles, hunt down parking spaces and display images of the landscape in 3-D.
    Launched from the rotating rear portion of Kwid’s roof, the “flying companion” is controlled through either a tablet computer built into the dashboard or by saving fixed “waypoints” to a GPS receiver.

While the exotic prototype may never actually hit the highway, it appears other ideas once viewed as the stuff of fiction are just around the bend as the high-tech arms race accelerates in the car industry.

The most potentially disruptive concept, the autonomous vehicle, is being tested by several major automakers who vow to make the technology commercially available by the end of the decade.

Relying on a computer to do the driving while the owner is free to text, watch streaming video, read or even recline and nap, the concept is also being explored by tech companies, Google in particular, along with the U.S. military.

A sensor-based technology demonstrated at the motor show, for example, is being called a major step on the road to convoys of unmanned tactical ground vehicles.

The autonomous mobility appliqu� system aims to “reduce the dangers of driving in a combat zone by giving drivers an automated option to alert, stop and adjust, or take full control under user supervision,” said Lockheed Martin.

A spokesman for the defense contractor, which developed the technology for the U.S. Army and Marine Corps., said algorithms on AMAS also control Lockheed’s unmanned ground vehicle recently used by soldiers in Afghanistan.

And on the commercial front, Google’s fleet of sensor and radar-fitted Toyota hybrid and Lexus passenger vehicles running its chauffeur software has already logged more than 500,000 test miles on U.S. roads.

In Britain a fleet of slow-moving autonomous “pod” cars developed by a government-backed consortium is on track to debut on public roadways in the English town of Milton Keynes next year, with a full complement of 100 due by 2017.

The miniature cars will accommodate two and run on designated routes at a top speed of 12 mph, using sensors to avoid pedestrians and other “obstacles”.

Apple’s announcement that its CarPlay will be loaded into future vehicles by most major auto manufacturers, meanwhile, gave a boost to in-car infotainment systems that could presage a self-driving world.

Requiring an iPhone, the iOS system uses Siri voice commands or a touch screen on a vehicles’ dashboard to perform functions including voice calling, text messaging, downloading maps, music and streaming video content.

“CarPlay has been designed from the ground up to provide drivers with an incredible experience using their iPhone in the car,” said Greg Joswiak, Apple’s vice president of iPhone and iOS product marketing.

CarPlay is offered in strategic partnership with BlackBerry’s QNX, said a spokesman for the Ottawa company.

Apple announced plans last June to make its mobile operating system more compatible with cars with “minimized distraction,” but auto safety experts are questioning the claim.

The debate will continue but in the meantime, electronics’ vendors and car makers are looking to technology such as sensors and cameras to ease the problems of distracted driving their new products may be creating.
    03-15-14 01:58 PM
    I wasn't lying....

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-z30.jpg
    03-15-14 06:50 PM
    I wasn't lying....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	z30.jpg 
Views:	3131 
Size:	419.4 KB 
ID:	255365
    Never thought you were. Congrats on the new Z30. A great phone.:thumbup:
    03-15-14 06:58 PM
    Congratulations on the Z30! Looking forward to a review. Btw, how did you get Dark Theme on CB10? I don't see an option for that under settings on my Z10...

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 07:07 PM
    Bullocks! Disregard.
    techvisor likes this.
    03-15-14 07:08 PM
    Congratulations on the Z30! Looking forward to a review. Btw, how did you get Dark Theme on CB10? I don't see an option for that under settings on my Z10...

Posted via CB10
    Me either: lol

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140315_180857.png

The Z30 auto converts everything over by default...you can change to Light Theme in settings if you prefer.

zyben, bungaboy and Reed Richards like this.
    03-15-14 07:09 PM
    Tech ‘arms race’ unfolds in car industry | Toronto Star

Tech �arms race� unfolds in car industry
    Ideas once viewed as the stuff of fiction are just around the bend

Apple�s iPhone in the auto grabbed the spotlight at the 2014 Geneva Motor Show, but the CarPlay operating system was hardly the most startling innovation at the 84th annual event that wraps up this weekend.....

That distinction belongs to the Renault Kwid concept car with its own flying drone � a tiny �quadracopter� that can scout traffic obstacles, hunt down parking spaces and display images of the landscape in 3-D.
    Launched from the rotating rear portion of Kwid�s roof, the �flying companion� is controlled through either a tablet computer built into the dashboard or by saving fixed �waypoints� to a GPS receiver.

CarPlay is offered in strategic partnership with BlackBerry�s QNX, said a spokesman for the Ottawa company.

Apple announced plans last June to make its mobile operating system more compatible with cars with �minimized distraction,� but auto safety experts are questioning the claim.

The debate will continue but in the meantime, electronics� vendors and car makers are looking to technology such as sensors and cameras to ease the problems of distracted driving their new products may be creating.
    Here in Vancouver, we get tickets for texting at red lights. Could you image the look on the cops face when he caught us launching drone copters seeking a parking spot?

If cars go fully automated, I'll look for the one running QNX; can't afford a virus, or what-have-you crashing my ride.

Well, while we are waiting to see what happens this week, I'll leave you guys for now with a ballad:

Man! Sometimes I feel like poor Beaker, while holding onto my BB.TO stock.
    03-15-14 07:13 PM
    Another day, another government IT ****-up as minister admits writing off MoD's �46m anti-hacking system�
    http://n.mynews.ly/!MB.BNoWR

From my Z30 via CB10
    zyben, sidhuk and rarsen like this.
    03-15-14 08:36 PM
    BlackBerry in Indonesia
    [PR] BlackBerry Raih Roy Morgan Customer Satisfaction Award 2013 | Jagat Review

Google Translate:

March 13, 2006, Jakarta – BlackBerry, the world leader in mobile communications, has been awarded the Roy Morgan Customer Satisfaction Awards 2013 for the category "Mobile Phone Handset of The Year". Maspiyono Handoyo, Managing Director of BlackBerry Indonesia was present and received prestigious award at a party held at the Lippo Financial Hall Tower on Wednesday, March 5, 2014.

"The BlackBerry is much beloved and our loyal fans have made the BlackBerry smartphone a popular brand in Indonesia. BlackBerry has changed the way millions of people around the world always stay connected to each other. BlackBerry believes that technology is important not only for business but also is essential in supporting our daily activities while enhancing the quality of life as well as moving the communities in society. BlackBerry award received is the mandate that we'll return to society in the form of innovative products and services of the highest quality,"said Handoyo, Managing Director Maspiyono BlackBerry Indonesia.

"With that vision, 56 BlackBerry Expert Center (BEC) have been opened throughout Indonesia, where 31 of them are equipped with technicians with the ability to fix the device. Not only that, BlackBerry has recently unveiled the BlackBerry Innovation Community – a portal into a means for fans and observers of the BlackBerry to deliver their input (feedback) of BlackBerry products and services related directly and openly. BlackBerry push users to provide input through the portals of this community in order to ascertain what BlackBerry presents can continue to provide the best experience for our users. "

The Roy Morgan Customer Satisfaction Award is not done with judging in general or "mystery shoppers" but rather a collection of direct experience of the customers of a product and a service. Customer experience collection period is 12 months Roy Morgan Single Source uses, the method of survey of Indonesia's largest customers. Every year, the interviews done to 26,000 respondents with vulnerable age from 14 years upwards in 22 major cities, small towns and rural areas of the largest province of Indonesia.
    03-15-14 10:11 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-133190308_13949643079491n.jpg

Well done!
    03-16-14 08:26 AM
    Whatsapp will be offering voice calls soon. What's interesting about the article is that the they seem to think this new feature will help justify the price tag paid for it. As more places report this or as the new feature becomes available, could this help or hurt BBRY's stock price? BlackBerry needs to get in gear and get voice and video online for all.

http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/SB10001...=e2bb&mobile=y

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-16-14 09:45 AM
113,256 ... 24992500250125022503 ...