View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Guys. Which country never paid BlackBerry last or prior ER? Argentina or Venezuela?

The reason I ask is I just got an alert "APA: Apache gets paid by YPF in Argentina oil deal".
    It was Venezuela

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-12-14 03:21 PM
    So I have been posting a good news and followed by a bad one.. here is another bad.

BlackBerry 10 OS Vulnerable to Crypto Attacks

The latest version of the BlackBerry 10 OS uses TLS 1.0 while competitors are using an updated version: TLS 1.2. According to security researchers, this outdated protocol leaves BlackBerry devices running BB10 vulnerable to BEAST, a cryptographic attack developed in 2011. BEAST is capable of decrypting sensitive web traffic that is supposedly protected by the universal secure sockets layer protocol. Supported protocols for devices running the BlackBerry operating system include "cipher suites containing dangerous, treacherous or weak algorithms" including RC4, ECDSA (NIST curves, owned by BlackBerry), and SHA1 according to a CrackBerry forum member. Protocols that are not supported include ciphers such as AES GCM and SHA2. The CrackBerry forum member who posted these claims argues that this leaves business and consumer users of BlackBerry vulnerable, particularly to government snooping.
    03-12-14 03:22 PM
    So I have been posting a good news and followed by a bad one.. here is another bad.

Wait.... what? They wrote an article and based it's findings on what they read in an online forum? Wow.... Now there's some credibility right there.
    Corbu, bigbadben10, zyben and 9 others like this.
    03-12-14 03:28 PM
    Wait.... what? They wrote an article and based it's findings on what they read in an online forum? Wow.... Now there's some credibility right there.
    I read it twice and as you say it appears to be literally "some dude on crackberry said" - which unless I've missed something isn't research....
    03-12-14 03:36 PM
    I read it twice and as you say it appears to be literally "some dude on crackberry said" - which unless I've missed something isn't research....
    In case anyone is interested it comes from here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=909342

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    03-12-14 03:40 PM
    What's even more sad, is that it's not even the writers own stuff. He stole it from the Register, so I guess we have them to thank for giving credibility to posts by online forums.

BB10's 'dated' crypto lets snoops squeeze the juice from your BlackBerry – researcher • The Register
    03-12-14 03:41 PM
    I have just completed my research and have the following theory . . .

The closer we get to ERs . . . . the number of negative and trash threads and comments on CB escalates.

Attachment 254363
    Priceless
    03-12-14 03:57 PM
    What's even more sad, is that it's not even the writers own stuff. He stole it from the Register, so I guess we have them to thank for giving credibility to posts by online forums.

BB10's 'dated' crypto lets snoops squeeze the juice from your BlackBerry �€“ researcher �€� The Register

OK, I've looked further into this - and I'm worried. First my credentials - my PhD is in mobile information systems and is based around secure systems used by certain govt organisations (wink wink) - I therefore consider myself an expert. In my experiments, I've found that you *can* crack a BB10 device. First you take a hammer, you run at the device and smash at the screen with all your strength and you will find you have cracked it!

I am happy for any reading journalists to turn this into a scoop.
    03-12-14 04:10 PM
    OK, I've looked further into this - and I'm worried. First my credentials - my PhD is in mobile information systems and is based around secure systems used by certain govt organisations (wink wink) - I therefore consider myself an expert. In my experiments, I've found that you *can* crack a BB10 device. First you take a hammer, you run at the device and smash at the screen with all your strength and you will find you have cracked it!

Haha...LOL

I have away, just got back and saw this post - Awesome!
    morganplus8, sidhuk and rarsen like this.
    03-12-14 04:38 PM
    Nicely said!

03-12-14 04:49 PM
    I think we all need a glass (or two) of this...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-mhfcv_st_81.jpg

"Blackberry Gluten Free beer" from Big Rip Brewing (North Kansas City).

03-12-14 04:58 PM

This was already discussed in the forums as in the links posted above and BlackBerry's implementation patches the TLS 1.0 vulnerability already.

Bottom line.

NO, BlackBerry 10 OS is NOT vulnerable to crypto attacks.
    03-12-14 05:05 PM
    Hey, how about these tax deductions /returns that were mentioned in the fall. What was that about again and any chances they are factored in the next ER?

I vaguely remember the amount being in the neighborhood of 600 million at the time... if that was indeed the case, that could help turning an otherwise pretty bad quarter into something not as bad?

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk likes this.
    03-12-14 05:20 PM
    Real state sales should be included in this er, cash should increase

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 07:38 PM
    OT:

Just got an email from HTC advising they are now selling their "flagship" phone unlocked direct from them $100 off.

Struggling?
    sidhuk and Ribes Nigrum like this.
    03-12-14 07:39 PM
    Hey, how about these tax deductions /returns that were mentioned in the fall. What was that about again and any chances they are factored in the next ER?

I vaguely remember the amount being in the neighborhood of 600 million at the time... if that was indeed the case, that could help turning an otherwise pretty bad quarter into something not as bad?

Posted via CB10
    Don't you have to start making a profit to use tax credits?

Posted via CB10
    03-12-14 07:42 PM
    03-12-14 07:47 PM
    What if, since BBRY is moving written down inventory into enterprise, selling real estate assets, reducing spending on marketing, getting sizeable tax rebates from the government, adding in the BES10 adoption and no longer spending excessively on inventory due to the Foxconn deal...

BBRY ends up with close to 5 billion in the bank.

Any thoughts on what might happen if BBRY ended up with more money in the bank than their market cap and no more signs of bleeding revenues?
    03-12-14 08:08 PM
    You'd be in for one hell of a short covering ride

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR, Mr BBRY and bungaboy like this.
    03-12-14 08:19 PM
    OT:

Just got an email from HTC advising they are now selling their "flagship" phone unlocked direct from them $100 off.

Struggling?
    Most likely that's due to their new model being announced on March 25th.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    03-12-14 08:50 PM
    Don't you have to start making a profit to use tax credits?

Posted via CB10
    I believe what they're doing is carrying the loses over to previous years, so the taxes they paid on profits in previous years would be refunded.

What if, since BBRY is moving written down inventory into enterprise, selling real estate assets, reducing spending on marketing, getting sizeable tax rebates from the government, adding in the BES10 adoption and no longer spending excessively on inventory due to the Foxconn deal...

BBRY ends up with close to 5 billion in the bank.

Any thoughts on what might happen if BBRY ended up with more money in the bank than their market cap and no more signs of bleeding revenues?
    You'd expect as least a 1B increase in cash due to the debt deal with Prem Watsa. So I think everyone is expecting their cash to go up. However, they are burning cash, so they might be down in cash. In the end, people are looking for a turnaround. A small loss and maintaining a high cash level. That isn't going to rocket the stock or anything. It will stabilize. The only thing to rocket the stock is to somehow come out saying they have thousands of companies installing full BES10 servers and business is booming. Which is not likely to happen.
    03-12-14 09:10 PM
    Hi all:

Here's a quick take on the BBRY charts from me.

- The 3/12/2014 trade results in a doji, after a few bearish days on the daily chart. Some would call it a morning doji star. Doji in this situation appears to indicate a possible reversal, because neither buyers or sellers could drive the SP up or down, so something has to give. Let’s look forward for a confirmation of the reversal tomorrow. We have been riding on the down cycle since a few days ago. It will return with an up cycle eventually.

- $9.20 (we meet this price range again) has shown a good support.

- MA50 has crossed MA200. As mentioned in the previous post, MA200 still has 23 days of SP in the $14 range. Once these are cleared, then MA200 will drop further.

- The 30 minute chart shows a hint of bullish come back with divergence between the SP and the indicators.

Daily:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2014-03-12-9.59.10-pm.png

30 minute:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2014-03-12-9.59.35-pm.png
    03-12-14 09:15 PM
    Man.....he must have said the word "really", like a million times. lol
    03-12-14 09:43 PM
    Man.....he must have said the word "really", like a million times. lol
    Really?
    bungaboy, q649 and sidhuk like this.
    03-12-14 10:01 PM
    Really?
    Really

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    03-12-14 10:11 PM