View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    He breathes confidence naturally!
    Corbu, rarsen, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    03-06-14 05:48 PM
    After hours reading. At some point the issue of smartphone security is going to force itself onto the consumer:

Smartphones becoming prime target for criminal hackers
    As mobile devices become more popular, hackers take a greater interest

Smartphones becoming prime target for criminal hackers - Technology & Science - CBC News
    On Sale Now: Merkel’s BlackBerry for Regular Folks.

On Sale Now: Merkel’s BlackBerry for Regular Folks - Bloomberg
    morganplus8, Corbu, zyben and 2 others like this.
    03-06-14 06:10 PM
    Battery-short iPhone users are 'wall huggers,' quips Blackberry CEO | The Exchange - Yahoo Finance

It seems new BlackBerry (BBRY) chief executive John Chen can give as good as he gets, adding a breath of fresh air in an era when too many corporate leaders stick to bland talking points.

Chen, who got into a tiff with famously outspoken T-Mobile (TMUS) CEO John Legere last month, was at it again at the Oasis Montgomery conference in Santa Monica, California, on Thursday.

Asked about Apple’s (AAPL) popularity, Chen belittled iPhone users whose batteries run down before the end of the end of the day, forcing them to search for power outlets. “I call you guys wall huggers,” he quipped.

He was also in a joking mood when asked why he left private equity firm Silver Lake to take the difficult turnaround job at BlackBerry. “I wanted to do something where I could wake up every day and worry,” he answered, adding “and I have fulfilled my dream,” as the room burst into laughter...
    zyben, rarsen, cjcampbell and 5 others like this.
    03-06-14 06:33 PM
    Battery-short iPhone users are 'wall huggers,' quips Blackberry CEO | The Exchange - Yahoo Finance

This bit:

"He was also in a joking mood when asked why he left private equity firm Silver Lake to take the difficult turnaround job at BlackBerry. “I wanted to do something where I could wake up every day and worry,” he answered, adding “and I have fulfilled my dream,” as the room burst into laughter"

theRock1975, bungaboy and Corbu like this.
    03-06-14 07:03 PM
    Slightly longer version of that JC Bloomberg interview:
    BlackBerry CEO Says He Briefs White House on Phones: Video - Bloomberg

Plus an account from John Erlichman:
    BlackBerry CEO Briefs White House to Cultivate User Obama - Bloomberg

Good stuff.
    03-06-14 07:04 PM
    03-06-14 07:15 PM
    Fargen Wall Huggers. ROFL made me backdraft my water.
    sidhuk, jxnb and rarsen like this.
    03-06-14 07:36 PM
    iphone users are the most ignorant people in the world. They are just stupid but I don't want to offend the word stupid to describe those that use iPhones. They are wall hugging idiots who use the most outdated products and brag like they have the most advanced phones which in reality are the most outdated phones and OS on the market today .

Posted via CB10
    counseling might help
    cjcampbell and CDM76 like this.
    03-06-14 08:23 PM
    Morganplus8

"To take it one step further, BBRY will, in all likelihood, gain at least 20% this year, that's not a stretch is it? I'm not sure Netflix will do that."[/QUOTE]

BBRY - Jan 2 to March 6, 2014
    +31.24 %

Are you saying we might see an additional +20 % before years end or a fall -11.24% from its current level by years end? Just curious. I'm up since $8.01 BB.TO not sure what to do with ER coming. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-06-14 09:03 PM
    'Marketwatch' in channels now
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20140306_221900.png

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, dusdal and Korepab like this.
    03-06-14 09:23 PM
    Personalized PINs may be on the way. I like it :

BlackBerry Plans To Pimp Your PIN

BlackBerryOS.com - BlackBerry Plans To Pimp Your PIN
    03-06-14 10:27 PM
    Personalized PINs may be on the way. I like it :

BlackBerry Plans To Pimp Your PIN

BlackBerryOS.com - BlackBerry Plans To Pimp Your PIN
    That's awesome.

I'm almost embarrassed to say that I would pay top dollar for my personalized PIN.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, bungaboy and zyben like this.
    03-06-14 11:03 PM
    I'll pay for Morgan's "TAB4LL3RP1MP" PIN
    bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    03-06-14 11:23 PM
    iphone users are the most ignorant people in the world. They are just stupid but I don't want to offend the word stupid to describe those that use iPhones. They are wall hugging idiots who use the most outdated products and brag like they have the most advanced phones which in reality are the most outdated phones and OS on the market today .

Posted via CB10
    Tone it down there skooter. Try being notahateboy too.
    03-06-14 11:40 PM
    Sorry, but if I was making an automobile I would not limit my vehicle sales to people using a certain flavor of device...I think the secret is the OS "allowing" these smart devices to work on the vehicle platform.

Is that a Z30...yes, yes it is.
    FYI
    Apps are granted by car makers, not apple, not QNX. This rule has been set in the connected car consortium.
    It's not enough your app is mirrolink enabled.

Guys, I'm sorry but we (I included) went far OT whith carplay, there's a bunch of threads about it, join them !

Have a nice day,
    Cheers,
    SF
    BigBadWulf and Bacon Munchers like this.
    03-07-14 01:40 AM
    I'll pay for Morgan's "TAB4LL3RP1MP" PIN
    15UPP0R88RY for me
    03-07-14 01:44 AM
    FYI
    Apps are granted by car makers, not apple, not QNX. This rule has been set in the connected car consortium.
    It's not enough your app is mirrolink enabled.

Guys, I'm sorry but we (I included) went far OT whith carplay, there's a bunch of threads about it, join them !

Have a nice day,
    Cheers,
    SF
    That's what that said...reread it.
    Cheers

Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-07-14 06:02 AM
    Some trader noise...but it's positive:
    BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) edged lower by 0.59% yesterday to end up at 10.04.
    Despite the declines we note the outlook for BBRY is positive, provided the share price does not deteriorate to 8.8 and extend a breach below this level.
    A note on the matter issued by trading provider IG shows that, "the upside prevails as long as 8.8 is support. The downside breakout of 8.8 would call for 7.7 and 7."
    Regarding the technical setup, IG say, "the RSI is above its neutrality area at 50. The MACD is positive and above its signal line. The configuration is positive. Moreover, the stock is above its 20 and 50 day MA (respectively at 9.71 and 8.97)."

http://dofonline.co.uk/index.php/str...nok-bbry-53453

bungaboy, rarsen and lcjr like this.
    03-07-14 06:18 AM
    golden cross any day now....extremely bullish event
    bungaboy, rarsen, Mr BBRY and 1 others like this.
    03-07-14 06:25 AM
    Morganplus8

"To take it one step further, BBRY will, in all likelihood, gain at least 20% this year, that's not a stretch is it? I'm not sure Netflix will do that."

+31.24 %

Are you saying we might see an additional +20 % before years end or a fall -11.24% from its current level by years end? Just curious. I'm up since $8.01 BB.TO not sure what to do with ER coming. Thanks

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]

Oh no! I meant that as of today's price of around $ 10.00/shr/US, BBRY should easily go up another 20% this year but I'm not convinced that Netflix will be able to do the same. For me it is the "law of large numbers", $ 90.00 seems like a huge (20%) gain ..... even though the stock has out performed everyone's expectations so far. There are more investors that can buy 100 shares of BlackBerry if it becomes the thing to own again. Of course Netflix can always do a 5:1 stock split and make itself more affordable.
    Corbu, rarsen, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    03-07-14 06:52 AM
    +31.24 %

Posted via CB10
    Oh no! I meant that as of today's price of around $ 10.00/shr/US, BBRY should easily go up another 20% this year but I'm not convinced that Netflix will be able to do the same. For me it is the "law of large numbers", $ 90.00 seems like a huge (20%) gain ..... even though the stock has out performed everyone's expectations so far. There are more investors that can buy 100 shares of BlackBerry if it becomes the thing to own again. Of course Netflix can always do a 5:1 stock split and make itself more affordable.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I thought that's what you meant.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 07:06 AM
    Love it:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20140307_062120.png

03-07-14 07:22 AM
    Golden crosss Should happen monday
    rarsen, Mr BBRY and Shanerredflag like this.
    03-07-14 07:54 AM
    Golden crosss Should happen monday
    I have the beer on ice until Thursday, we are $ .21/shr away as of yesterday's close, today we are going to gain $ 2.50/shr / 50 = $ .05/shr so that's $ .16/shr away at the close today. So we need 3 more full days of trade and the following day it will pop above the 200-dma. Now none of this math includes what's happening to the 200-dma because I am too lazy to figure that one out!!! So let's say Wednesday for a party?
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY, Corbu and 12 others like this.
    03-07-14 08:00 AM
    Decent read...and no, I'm not tempting fate:
    http://www.thestreet.com/story/12521...ned-twice.html

03-07-14 09:29 AM
107,094 ... 24782479248024812482 ...