View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    By trimming down to only what's necessary to support the M2M and enterprise, BBRY can afford to let companies like Apple and MS continue to market aging UI paradigms while they provide the underlying functionality and security... for a price. They're not building and marketing the devices themselves, just locking them down and making sure they work as expected.

What's more important in terms of the long term viability of a platform, robust and secure software architecture or rubber band effects?
    Depends where the money is. If Apple is making $275 a device and QNX is getting $15 a car then I'd rather be Apple. I have no idea what the actual numbers are for QNX, does anyone have any idea what QNX /BBRY gets for each vehicle install?
    03-06-14 09:49 AM
    Thank you Morgan!!!
    That is an amazing chart pattern, good news today, the stock float is light and they have cash!! I think it has some legs left as they are making 52 week highs and pulling back to rest.

This is exactly what we want BBRY to do in the coming months, to march steadily higher, pause to refresh, and move again on some positive news. Great investment that you have there!

I would say that this chart pattern is one of the best ones out there today, we should be so lucky to eventually have this pattern for BBRY, and it just might happen. BBRY is about to see a [B]Golden Cross on Wednesday [/B ]of next week, from that time on, the stock will officially become bullish to everyone in the free world. When the "old months" of trading drop off in the months ahead, the chart for BBRY will develop into a wonderful one year chart too. It is worth stating that BBRY can also have a great chart pattern and it can happen in the latter half of 2014. Thanks
    03-06-14 09:51 AM
    Depends where the money is. If Apple is making $275 a device and QNX is getting $15 a car then I'd rather be Apple. I have no idea what the actual numbers are for QNX, does anyone have any idea what QNX /BBRY gets for each vehicle install?
    I can't find the thread but this came up when QNX was first bought and from what I remember we worked out that due to volume licensing, that it is cents rather than dollars they get from each install - I'll try and find the thread.
    03-06-14 09:56 AM
    did I call $10.10 resistance a while back ?
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-capture.png
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-06-14 10:01 AM
    I can't find the thread but this came up when QNX was first bought and from what I remember we worked out that due to volume licensing, that it is cents rather than dollars they get from each install - I'll try and find the thread.
    Point is we were referring to that period and licences fee are not now what they were by then. The added value of QNX is not anymore only into in-car media, but also about the whole connected infotainment and car control. I'm not sure we can compare those; a straight projection may lead in very approximative results ...
    Yet, next ER will be interesting in that matter since QNX is now a division, we'll surely have some dedicated figures.
    03-06-14 10:05 AM
    BlackBerry receives patent for tactile keypad overlay with touch-sensitive display

textile keyboard 615x327 BlackBerry receives patent for tactile keypad overlay with touch sensitive displayBlackBerry has just registered a new patent for a tactile keypad, something very similar to the Windermere with the featured gesture-based keyboard that we reported on a few weeks ago. Sounds like BlackBerry’s CEO John Chen wants to take the already impressed BlackBerry QWERTY keyboard that everyone loves an enhance it with some features we never seen before.

The document describes the structure and operation of the keyboard, which apparently is pretty standard overlay for the phone and the screen, some have seen already on the market. More information on the patent description:

BlackBerry receives patent for tactile keypad overlay with touch-sensitive display - BlackBerry Empire
    Isn't this what Typo overlay keyboard for the iphone is all about....?? I wonder what patent they have on hand.
    I'm no patent lawyer but this should bolster BB's case against Typo.
    Last edited by La Emperor; 03-06-14 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Made a typo on Typo. It should have been first letter caps as Typo is a proper noun. :)
    zyben and bungaboy like this.
    03-06-14 10:06 AM
    Point is we were referring to that period and licences fee are not now (connected infotainment and car control) what they were by then (limited infotainment). The added value of QNX is not anymore only into in-car media, but also about the whole car control. I'm not sure we can compare those and a straight projection may lead in very approximative results ...
    Yet, next ER will be interesting in that matter since QNX is now a division, we'll surely have some dedicated figures.
    I've seen POC for whole car control but where is that actually happening now or in the last four quarters for QNX?
    03-06-14 10:07 AM
    Hopefully soon.
    03-06-14 10:17 AM
    Thought XOMA might bounce back a little today. Looks like it's just tanking more.
    Mr.Conviviality likes this.
    03-06-14 10:18 AM
    I've seen POC for whole car control but where is that actually happening now or in the last four quarters for QNX?
    You're right, it's for next quarters/years (Car to car to be especially monitored as high value IMHO).
    Yet, even on the sole infotainment/navigation part, we're pretty far from acquisition days.
    03-06-14 10:22 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-1394122378200_379141.jpeg

What a stupid ad. The cookie jar makes sense, but what on earth are these BlackBerry marketing people doing with their time? What does a rap concert have to do with anything? Besides possibly offending people, but is this ads use? Great, so the Z30 offers more security for your data than a rap concert...and according to the ad a rap concert is halfway between the security of a cookie jar and a mobile phone? These BlackBerry marketing people are a bunch of 'fauxtrepreneurs' lol...what a joke...

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    Corbu, morganplus8, zyben and 5 others like this.
    03-06-14 10:26 AM
    QNX isn't making the car, just the software.

As systems like these become ubiquitous, the hardware margins eventually vanish, as Samsung has discovered and Apple will soon find out.

Software margins on factors like security and reliability can be small, but they represent almost 100% per profit once the r&d costs have been covered. Those kind of margins are what the Internet of Things will be all about for QNX and BBRY. Hundreds of millions of per implementation licenses based on providing secure and reliable devices and communications between devices. This kind of market is what Microsoft dreamed of but could never aspire towards due to being tied to a bloated and inefficient codebase.
    03-06-14 10:27 AM
    Another good article from bloomberg

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/201...tml?cmpid=yhoo

Posted via CB10
    La Emperor, bungaboy, jxnb and 3 others like this.
    03-06-14 10:47 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1394122378200_379141.jpeg 
Views:	2528 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	253221

What a stupid ad. The cookie jar makes sense, but what on earth are these BlackBerry marketing people doing with their time? What does a rap concert have to do with anything? Besides possibly offending people, but is this ads use? Great, so the Z30 offers more security for your data than a rap concert...and according to the ad a rap concert is halfway between the security of a cookie jar and a mobile phone? These BlackBerry marketing people are a bunch of 'fauxtrepreneurs' lol...what a joke...

The level of security required when opening a cookie jar.. attending a rap concert.. or when there's national security at stake. I know. Pretty ********

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-06-14 10:49 AM
    I feel bad bashing folks who must be trying their best (?), but it's the sheer cluelessness of BlackBerry ads that worries me. They keep pumping out the same terrible and embarrassing ads over and over. The worrying thing is that Chen seems to be okay with this stuff...

georg4BB likes this.
    03-06-14 11:02 AM
    Why is it "rap concerts"? Some weird racial undertones with that ad.

However having said that... check out this effort from LG:

They should flood their marketing department and hope that nobody survives.
    Superfly_FR and georg4BB like this.
    03-06-14 11:23 AM
    Why is it "rap concerts"? Some weird racial undertones with that ad.

However having said that... check out this effort from LG:

They should flood their marketing department and hope that nobody survives.
    I totally agree. Imagine BlackBerry actually DID release that ad where the masses could see it? #bbaccusedofracistadvert lol just gormless...

03-06-14 11:26 AM
    OMG that was painful! Can't write what I first thought of when he pulled that thing out of the box. lol
    03-06-14 11:28 AM
    Yeah, the LG ad is dreadful...are we sure that's a real LG ad?

Can't Chen just may some top Apple marketing person $1 million a minute to come to Waterloo and sort out BlackBerry marketing strategy? It would probably only cost him $10 million...

georg4BB likes this.
    03-06-14 11:34 AM
    Hey guys. Quick question. A friend wants a Z10 from Kijiji and found a factory unlocked one she wants to pick up. Which variant is for use on Virgin Mobile. I want to make sure she gets the right one. I'd search it out but finding things on this site can be painful at times.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr likes this.
    03-06-14 11:42 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1394122378200_379141.jpeg 
Views:	2528 
Size:	56.1 KB 
ID:	253221

I don't comprehend what the ad is trying to get accross.

Bottom should be the local police. Middle the FBI. And top, the z30.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr, Korepab, timberdc and 1 others like this.
    03-06-14 11:50 AM
    So I've deleted WhatsApp...i think? why is the symbol still in my hub? I've tried a reboot, but it's still there...

03-06-14 11:51 AM
    I don't comprehend what the ad is trying to get accross.

Bottom should be the local police. Middle the FBI. And top, the z30.

Posted via CB10
    That would've have made the ad much more powerful...
    03-06-14 12:09 PM
    You know, the more I look at that ad the dumber it gets. Shouldn't the idea be to show how secure BB is comparison to other things that claim to be secure?

A cookie jar doesn't even have a lock on it lol...all the ad is saying is that the Z30 is more secure than a couple things that are aren't secure at all...? AWFUL.

zachgeo likes this.
    03-06-14 12:11 PM
    Hey guys. Quick question. A friend wants a Z10 from Kijiji and found a factory unlocked one she wants to pick up. Which variant is for use on Virgin Mobile. I want to make sure she gets the right one. I'd search it out but finding things on this site can be painful at times.

Posted via CB10
    CJ: It should be STL100-3 as my Z10 is on Bell and Virgin is the same network, sims are interchangable. Hope that helps some?
    cjcampbell likes this.
    03-06-14 12:12 PM
106,816 ... 24752476247724782479 ...