View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I can't remember making that post because I was obviously heavily intoxicated......

Wow. Deja Vu indeed. Don't expect Chen to perform miracles. He's just one man against incredible challenges. Blackberry needs all the good news that they can, sandbagging is not a good thing.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bbry-f3...ml#post8403331
    lcjr and bungaboy like this.
    03-05-14 01:41 PM
    I can't remember making that post because I was obviously heavily intoxicated......
    We've all encountered that in here! hahaha
    03-05-14 02:09 PM
    I listened to the FT interview and nowhere does Chen say '50/50' chances. Near the end a question is asked about Blackberry becoming a mass market company again. There Chen indicates a tough slough (giving Apple and IBM as examples). Where was the '50/50' comment made?
    bungaboy and dusdal like this.
    03-05-14 02:44 PM
    I listened to the FT interview and nowhere does Chen say '50/50' chances. Near the end a question is asked about Blackberry becoming a mass market company again. There Chen indicates a tough slough (giving Apple and IBM as examples). Where was the '50/50' comment made?
    Hello Anamar_97, would you mind providing me with a link to this interview? I'd love to see it. Thanks.

Posted via swift BlackBerry Z30!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-05-14 03:11 PM
    03-05-14 03:44 PM
    From Corbu's post:
    >>
    John Chen realistic about BlackBerry turnround - FT.com

Pretty good 5' interview with JC.

Video link: Changing BlackBerry's fortunes - FT Business - Companies & Management Video - FT.com
    <<

Hello Anamar_97, would you mind providing me with a link to this interview? I'd love to see it. Thanks.

Posted via swift BlackBerry Z30!
    bungaboy, Corbu, zyben and 3 others like this.
    03-05-14 03:47 PM
    There you go:

Video link: Changing BlackBerry's fortunes - FT Business - Companies & Management Video - FT.com

Original FT Interview: John Chen realistic about BlackBerry turnround - FT.com

My comment from yesterday:
    That "50:50 chance" quote is nowhere to be found in the video interview itself, which is too bad since I would have liked to see in what context he did say that. The interview itself is quite upbeat (on top of giving us a close-up view of the Z3 at 2:59). I urge everyone to watch it. Nothing beats hearing John Chen directly.
    Turns out the interview is quite candid and upbeat. The title of the article is quite reasonable. This "50-50" business has taken a life of its own... I wonder why...

You beat me to it, anamar! Thanks!
    Last edited by Corbu; 03-05-14 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Added comment
    03-05-14 03:47 PM
    John Chen will eventually find a way. Right now the fair value is around 9.5. justification if needed
    03-05-14 05:13 PM
    OT: Morgan, do you have any insight into Spartan Energy Corp (CVE:SPE). Thank you! ...looking to diversify a little.
    03-05-14 05:32 PM
    Love it!!
    What a frustrating day... unknown sources complain about a BlackBerry outage and 5 early adopters decided to dump their BlackBerry Storm for iPhones which then leaked in an 'internal note' at T-Mobile

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 05:43 PM
    OT. Hi M+8, bought some OMER shares last year, the share is looking very good know, do you think the share still has room to go up or should I exit now (I already took some profit). THANK you as always for your insight.
    03-05-14 05:48 PM
    Deleted...nonsensical anyway lol
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-g3.jpg  
    03-05-14 06:15 PM
    Deleted...nonsensical anyway lol
    So isn't that part of the fun around here? :-)

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    03-05-14 06:32 PM
    I posted this on the Bbm group but thought i should mention it here too.

A gent has started a channel for his trades. Here C00415090

He seems quite active and interactive. Also seems to be pretty transparent with his wins and losses.

I have no idea of his abilities or success rates and would never recommend basing trades on anyone else's picks.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-14 06:38 PM
    Dusdal and Bungaboy, you get your Koodo Q5's yet
    dusdal and bungaboy like this.
    03-05-14 06:45 PM
    Yup!

Gifting it today, haha.

Awaiting that $20 unlock code.

Should've grabbed a few of these. Cool little device, particularly for $150.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, bigbadben10 and smart548 like this.
    03-05-14 06:56 PM
    Dusdal and Bungaboy, you get your Koodo Q5's yet
    Should have my second one tomorrow. Will be gifting it after I unlock it.
    bigbadben10 likes this.
    03-05-14 07:17 PM
    Apple CarPlay in the 2015 C Class:

MHO....QNX Car 2 is far superior.
    rarsen likes this.
    03-05-14 08:17 PM
    Yup!

Gifting it today, haha.

Awaiting that $20 unlock code.

Should've grabbed a few of these. Cool little device, particularly for $150.

Posted via CB10
    Could not agree more, my daugther loves hers!. BB; you must have more BB10 devices than all of us put together I have been thinking about getting a spare for my daugther but she is looking at my idle Z10 with envy....
    dusdal and bungaboy like this.
    03-05-14 08:37 PM

Hang on a minute, the major fail for me was....why make a point of having the mobile device plugged in with a wire!! Oh wait a minute, its an iPhone so the battery must be almost dead

All this tech is wireless....
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-05-14 08:42 PM
    Hang on a minute, the major fail for me was....why make a point of having the mobile device plugged in with a wire!! Oh wait a minute, its an iPhone so the battery must be almost dead

All this tech is wireless....
    I'm anti apple....but for long drives the phone would have to be plugged in to power if wireless, lightning connector doubles as a charger. But myself, I'd like the choice at least.
    03-05-14 08:46 PM
    I'm anti apple....but for long drives the phone would have to be plugged in to power if wireless, lightning connector doubles as a charger. But myself, I'd like the choice at least.
    Yeah I get what you are saying but there was no need to show that. On long trips I never have a need to plug in my Z30!

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-05-14 08:59 PM
    Yeah I get what you are saying but there was no need to show that. On long trips I never have a need to plug in my Z30!

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    Generally I agree but it depends what apps and functions you are going to be using. I could see draining any battery on most phones streaming music, GPS and an app or two over a long trip.
    03-05-14 09:20 PM

LOL! you have to plug in the lightning connector.
    03-05-14 09:29 PM
    A quick response regarding XOMA, they beat on revenues, they lost (- $ .18/shr) as expected on EPS and they dropped a Phase III on EOA and decided it was a specialty drug and not for the masses. They did the right thing here as Phase III launches take a couple of years to complete and a pile of money. That drug had less than a 5% chance of making it to Phase III as EOA type proposals are rarely followed through to the end successfully. I sold it early on its price run above $ 8.00/shr, support is at the 50-dma which is $ 7.70/shr and I would be a buyer again if it heads toward $ 7.00/shr as the price of the stock was over-bought going into the Q report. This company is one of the best business models in the sector and this is a very small setback for it now. We are going to get a chance to buy it back again here so that good for investors like me. I think so few people actually know anything about their pipeline or business model, so many buy these plays because the Baker Brothers own them too. The BB's own a basket of biotech stocks (87 of them) because they are so volatile you really can't hold just a couple of them. If you see a big gain for no apparent reason, it doesn't hurt to sell the stock and buy it back later, the BB's can't do this, but you can. Again, the report was neutral, the reaction is not normal and creates a great buying opp for us now. Good luck.

PS. When I trade stock it is because my basket of stocks become cheap at different times. I sold a couple of biotechs that I want to own because they got ahead of themselves, I simply buy the cheap one which in this case was HALO. HALO dipped far enough to cause me to rethink a couple of other excellent plays and this was one of them. No luck involved here, just a simple plan to rotate into better value plays all the time. So now I hold a huge amount of HALO today and less of the others.
    Thank You and appreciated very much for your insight detail and the advised. I just bought 1000 more today at $6.80. Hope SP will pick up it abit tomorrow.
    morganplus8 and LibertyPhone like this.
    03-05-14 09:29 PM
113,250 ... 24732474247524762477 ...