View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    Green Mountain still has a healthy short float. I was quite surprised to see that many left after the news.

Posted via CB10
    Gluttens for punishment. Look at Herbalife.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    02-27-14 07:50 PM
    Could it not be ahead of the market bc of short covering ? and realistically how can a stock get ahead of itself if it trading under book value. The more the light we see at the end of the tunnel blackberry will trade closer and closer to book value and i dont see that as getting ahead of itself. Anything after book value with no eps then you can say itself getting ahead of itself aka TWITTER
    Short covering hasn't happened to any real extent and I don't think it has moved the stock price at all.

I guess you agree with me then, because BBRY's book value is little under $8 and it trades at 10+ these days so I think that "value" argument is misplaced as well.

I do want to see BBRY do well, but its reasonable to think BBRY is a little ahead of itself here. Any stock that rises this quickly, with negative EPS usually is and when that happens the vulture shorts take notice. That was my only point and I stand by it...for now.....

EDIT: Last time BBRY traded below Book Value was +/- Jan 6th. It currently trades about 1.3 times BV which is around $7.80/share
    Last edited by OMGitworks; 02-27-14 at 08:14 PM.
    02-27-14 07:55 PM
    Morgan, JLagoon, and others who enjoy technical analysis... thought this perspective from Marketwatch would be of interest.

Could the Stock of the Year be BlackBerry?

No comment on my part, as I know extremely little about Technical Analysis beyond the rudiments, but would like to hear any thoughts.
    Hi Reed,

No analysis from me a-la sans qualification.
    I just wanted to point out that some genius analyst (sorry, no link) from SA stated that the SP pop that we are seeing is nothing more than a dead-cat bounce for a doomed BlackBerry.

He is wrong.
    Reed Richards likes this.
    02-27-14 08:11 PM
    I'm same as you. Even the highest end tablet is still very much limited as a mobile computer (exception of MS surface pro ....but it's really pricey), so I see no reason to spend the money on it. I also like the 7-8" form factor better. There are still some Galaxy tab3 7.0's hanging about (at Best buys as an eg.)that you can grab for $150. Perfect little toy to play around with IMO
    As tablet use grows, Wal-Mart offers its own, cheaper brand

As tablet use grows, Wal-Mart offers its own, cheaper brand - The Globe and Mail
    sidhuk likes this.
    02-27-14 08:13 PM
    As per N4BB article, BlackBerry is considering PlayBook 2 : http://n4bb.com/blackberry-consideri...-anytime-soon/

Posted via swift BlackBerry Z30!
    I just finished a survey from BlackBerry that asked the same question about how I feel about the linking of my bb10 device to a tablet.

if we compare Chen's method-of-operation with bringing back classic features, it stands to reason that we will be looking at some sort of PlayBook device.
    I'm a bit torn on this one....
    02-27-14 08:15 PM
    It looks like that Ford deal is not quite finished, if at all as per this article : http://arstechnica.com/information-t...next-sync-yet/

I'm actually shocked that Bloomberg would have printed something that's not quite true, not!

Posted via swift BlackBerry Z30!

Who's the idiots that keep putting out all these bullsh!t stories about BlackBerry!?

Oh! We're green!... Nevermind.
    Last edited by Bacon Munchers; 02-27-14 at 08:38 PM.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-27-14 08:21 PM
    Edit[/B]: ... Correction, they're not evaluating, this is in full production and they have a paid support contract with Blackberry.]

That's a bummer.

So, when you buying more stock?
    02-27-14 08:30 PM
    This, from the interview, will not be well received:

When asked whether a desktop BBM client could be in upcoming plans, Sims suggests that BlackBerry's priorities and key markets are very much focused on mobile.
    dusdal, zyben and jxnb like this.
    02-27-14 08:48 PM
    BlackBerry to finally increase BBM’s 6MB file sharing transfer limit

BlackBerry to finally increase BBM's 6MB file sharing transfer limit - BlackBerry Empire
    sidhuk likes this.
    02-27-14 09:17 PM
    I sold 3 major blocks at 11.6, 10.9, 10.6 (CAD), still holding a bit to see if it'll go higher. Waiting for a big dip to play this one again.

That's a bummer.

So, when you buying more stock?
    OMGitworks and Bacon Munchers like this.
    02-27-14 09:32 PM
    What is a major drop in your eyes

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 10:09 PM
    I'll know it when I see it. Looking for a significant drop either on news or rumor. Otherwise if the stock simply fades on low volume then I will repurchase the blocks lower than they've been sold (typically near support lines) as a way to average down (keeping a trade log with notes helps here).

What is a major drop in your eyes

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 10:21 PM
    What if it continues to go up from here, where will u jump back on

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 11:29 PM
    Blackberry has a bright future ahead of itself as highlighted in this vid:
    02-27-14 11:54 PM
    I've seen that video posted in a couple of places, 'Investary group' doesn't actually exist, it's just a teenager in his bedroom so I'm not quite sure why it's advice is being taken so seriously? (especially as it is so thin).
    02-28-14 02:42 AM
    Very detailed write-up on Blackphone . . . not the Boeing one, the other phone taking the "Black" approach A Closer Look At Blackphone, The Android Smartphone That Simplifies Privacy | TechCrunch

I found this part of the article particularly interesting "Of course the Blackphone is not ‘NSA proof’, as Weir-Jones reiterated. “Bad guys wanting to talk to each other probably shouldn’t be using a phone at all,”
    02-28-14 03:24 AM
    I've seen that video posted in a couple of places, 'Investary group' doesn't actually exist, it's just a teenager in his bedroom so I'm not quite sure why it's advice is being taken so seriously? (especially as it is so thin).
    Investary group does exist : investarygroup.com
    But I must admit - this company doesn't look very significant lol.
    02-28-14 04:08 AM
    Hi all:

Here are my updated BBRY charts.

It looks like we have a short term resistance line (red line on the 30 minute chart). I haven't recognized any pattern for this yet. It could be a falling wedge, but it is too early for me to tell. If it bounces around $10.25 in the next 2 trading days, then it would be a falling wedge, which would be good. On the 30 minute chart, we can see the gap up. The SP would go down to around $10.10, should it fill the gap, which is what Morgan says about having an order in that price range. Should it fill the gap, I hope, it bounces fast above $10.25, because staying below $10.25 means that the SP is still contained in the downtrend channel. The SP has escaped the downtrend channel since 3 trading days ago. Should it go below $10.25, then we have the green line as the main uptrend line as support ($9.50 - $9.60).

On the daily chart, I have the extended view, and the shorter view. It is interesting to observe that the previous golden cross in December 2012 occurred around the 3rd week of the month, which was very close to the December 2012 ER. Morgan estimated that the one that is about to happen will happen in mid-March, if I recall correctly. I think, this is quite realistic for us to see. The timing of the golden cross in a month with ER is also interesting. There is also a very similar movement of breaking above MA200, and having MA50 as the overall trajectory. On this note, I won't be surprised to see $12, before March 2014 ER.

The difference here is that in December 2012, we have the anticipation of the BB10 launch in January 2013, so the stock rallied. What do we have, after March 2014 ER? The Z3 launch is what I can think of.

On the shorter daily chart view, it looks like we have a W pattern (double top and double bottom). This is pretty bullish combined with the way MA50 is about to cross MA200, which is why I don't want to see the SP to go below $10.25. It would mean the W pattern fails to continue with a break above the top range--$11.00

Extended daily:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-dlong.jpg

Daily:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-screen-shot-2014-02-28-4.57.28-am.jpg

30 minute:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-30m.jpgz
    Last edited by JLagoon; 02-28-14 at 04:54 AM.
    02-28-14 04:37 AM
    Investary group does exist : investarygroup.com
    But I must admit - this company doesn't look very significant lol.
    I'm going to go with CGK on this one. Yes, the website does exist, but to call it a company is a bit far fetched. lol
    georg4BB and cgk like this.
    02-28-14 05:21 AM
    OT:

Bitcoin inventor grants interview, urges calm, disappears

Bitcoin inventor grants interview, urges calm, disappears — The Dandy Goat
    02-28-14 06:10 AM
    On pull back or after few days of consolidation assuming my remaining blocks have made enough profit to safely add without risking the principal too much. Otherwise will trade other stocks until an opening presents itself.

What if it continues to go up from here, where will u jump back on

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell likes this.
    02-28-14 06:58 AM
    I have some crypto currency too. Bitcoins, Litecoins and Primecoins. I've mined some other alt coins that I've since sold for Bitcoin.

OT:

Bitcoin inventor grants interview, urges calm, disappears

Bitcoin inventor grants interview, urges calm, disappears €” The Dandy Goat
    02-28-14 07:04 AM
    Bob Tanaguchi now director at QNX.

Here's the description of his new job from his LinkedIn profile.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_20140228_083255.png

Posted via CB10
    02-28-14 07:35 AM
    Look at all the volume lol
    02-28-14 09:56 AM
    These guys badly need their 10:30 coffee and cookies, anyone near WS ?
    Cheers gang, sorry but 110% busy with office work these days ...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-capture.png
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-28-14 10:07 AM
106,814 ... 24622463246424652466 ...