View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    With that size of battery and those specks it may last couple of days.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    Some of those specs are almost a throwback. But fairly reasonable for a low-end device.
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    02-17-14 08:50 AM
    For your Security File, guess people haven't suffered enough pain yet to wake up and react:

The U.S. is a credit fraud wonderland - SmartPlanet

Of note in their text: ACCA suggests that U.S. financial institutions should accelerate their adoption of anti-skimming solutions, which, along with fraud investigations, should become a part of daily operations. Cooperation with law enforcement will also be necessary to keep pace with the ingenuity of skimmers. Lastly, ATM cards must be phased out in favor of contactless cards, biometric security, and smartphone withdrawals. Those are some nice recommendations, but there’s still no real incentive to act on the ACCA's advice. No single company can be punished by consumer sentiment, because there are bad actors across the board.

Would be a nice impactful subject for a Marketing campaign for a certain company known for its security !!
    02-17-14 09:50 AM
    Important move; it is rumored that BB could drop Webkit in favor of Chromnium ... waves ahead.
    (sorry for crappy translation)

BlackBerry manufacturer could max out several other editors and adopt the Chromium project for its mobile Internet browser.

Currently, the BlackBerry browser based on the WebKit rendering engine. The builder had reviewed the application thoroughly for its new generation system and judging by the results of HTML5Test.com, it would be the browser that provides the best support for elements of HTML5/CSS3 before Chrome 32 .

However, the company may soon announce a migration to Google's platform. In fact, in the official mailing list developer WebKit, the manufacturer says that the company has very little updated its source code and removes the directory browser for BBOS OS, PlayBook and BlackBerry 10 . These remarks were made ​​by Eli Fidler which was previously founder of Torch Mobile, BlackBerry redeemed in August 2009 and is currently responsible for developing the BlackBerry browser 10.

Meanwhile, the company has released a patch within the Chromium project, the open source directory of Google Chrome. This work promises compatibility with QNX Neutrino microkernel around which precisely BlackBerry PlayBook OS 10.

This information tend to think that BlackBerry could therefore propose a variant of Chrome in BlackBerry 10. Last year the publisher Opera Software had also migrated to Chromium and by Hakon Wium Lie CTO, this would allow a significant reduction of internal costs.
    02-17-14 09:57 AM
    Is it a holiday in the US today?
    02-17-14 10:35 AM
    Is it a holiday in the US today?
    Yeah. President's day in the US and family day in Canada. Both markets closed.
    bungaboy and Bilaal like this.
    02-17-14 10:40 AM
    Slow day at this forum!
    02-17-14 10:43 AM
    Isn't Family Day provincial? Ontario only.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Mr.Conviviality like this.
    02-17-14 10:54 AM
    Important move; it is rumored that BB could drop Webkit in favor of Chromnium ... waves ahead.
    @Superfly Could you elaborate why that could be an important move? I understand it's an open source project from Google (Wikipedia) . Thanks!

Edit: from a technical point I'm seeing some advantages.
    Last edited by Ribes Nigrum; 02-17-14 at 11:07 AM.
    02-17-14 10:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yup.

Family Day in BC, for example, was last Monday.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-17-14 11:05 AM
    @Superfly - the post above is confusing - the jist of the article as I read it is that BlackBerry may be moving towards Chromium but if you read the link attached to "says" and the 2nd paragraph above the last post by Eli Fidler on Jan 10, 2014 says they cannot devote the manpower necessary to remain up to date and they support the removal of the project:

"We haven't been able to commit the effort needed to actively maintain our port upstream, so in the interest of unburdening the project we'll support the removal."

I would have been very interested to see this continue. One of the complaints I have about the BlackBerry browser is its lack of multi device support the likes of Safari and Chrome support. Inclusion in the Chromium project might have been a way to once again piggy back on Google's hard work for the benefit of BlackBerry.
    02-17-14 11:10 AM
    02-17-14 12:42 PM
    Yeah. President's day in the US and family day in SOME PARTS OF Canada. Both markets closed.
    FIFY
    02-17-14 03:23 PM
    02-17-14 08:53 PM
    Hi guys (is there any gals now?) we had a couple days to trapes around the Inland area here is Central America and thought you all would find this interesting...clones are huge sellers here, (still expensive enough to be locked behind a glass case) but key-pad is king... make no mistake this is a "challenged" market to sell into, but EVERYONE has a smartphone of one type or another and most have a keyboard clone...positive times coming. ..I hope.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140217_115003.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140217_114956.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140217_114946.jpg

Z30 - Das Phone.
    02-18-14 01:02 AM
    Looks like BBM just passed 500k followers on twitter.
    https://twitter.com/bbm
    jxnb, bungaboy, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    02-18-14 03:21 AM
    They've nearly got that number of subs on bbm channels.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140218_021340.png

Posted via CB10
    jxnb, doctor gonzo, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    02-18-14 04:14 AM
    I'm sure some of you have seen the version of this sent around by WhatsCrap fans bashing BBM. I thought I'd have a bit of fun back...I'll do a BBM one after lunch.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-batman-picture-password.jpg

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 06:18 AM
    Do feel free to spread these around the social media universe...it's high time we started fighting back...

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, georg4BB, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    02-18-14 06:28 AM
    heavy volume pre-market, lets see how today goes
    02-18-14 06:37 AM
    Looks like we'll pop back above 10 today.

Posted via CB10
    bermie2000 likes this.
    02-18-14 06:49 AM
    Okay, I know this is OT, but this is where we all hang out. If you like this one, I suggest we all set it as our WhatsApp profile pics for a couple days, as well as spread it around via social media. I'll keep the cartoon ads coming in a separate social media thread as well. Have a good day folks
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-batman-whatcrap-sucks.jpg

Posted via CB10
    02-18-14 07:00 AM
    General security related and increasing needs of security including electrical vehicles:

Tesla Motors Snags "Hacker Princess" From Apple | CleanTechnica
    As electric vehicles continue to become more popular in the market, it will face many of the same security concerns, as IT and cleantech fuse together.

Wishing all a good rise of the BB share today.
    jxnb, Shanerredflag, Corbu and 4 others like this.
    02-18-14 07:18 AM
    FBR Capital upgraded BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) from Underperform to Market Perform with a price target of $10.00, saying while it is too early to model the new business with any degree of certainty, they expect the company's liquid assets and early positive momentum could limit downside in shares in the near term.

Analyst Scott Thompson sees several themes and trends playing in favor of BlackBerry: (1) a refreshed management team that appears focused on forging a reasonably direct path to profitability; (2) a slow, yet decisive and strategic shift away from the competitive consumer smartphone business into four more promising divisions: mobile device management (MDM), BBM, QNX, and a devices business focused on more profitable business; and (3) rapid execution against cash-generating initiatives, including the potential sale of real estate assets and recently revalued inventory ($4.6B adjustment).

"While we find it probable that a true turnaround could take several additional quarters to take form, we see potential for more upside well before needing to focus on potential downside in shares," Thompson said.
    FBR Capital Upgrades BlackBerry (BBRY) to Market Perform
    02-18-14 07:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    It is provincial, but Toronto is in Ontario and since it's the Toronto stock exchange, trading in Canada is also closed.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    02-18-14 08:29 AM
    Well Guys its sad to say this but i had to sell off some of my BB. I really needed the money and had to do it. On the bright side i am now the proud owner of 30 call options with a 12 dollar strike price for Jan 15 2016.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    02-18-14 08:46 AM
113,256 ... 24272428242924302431 ...