• Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    02-16-14 12:50 PM
    Bit of a nexus vibe to it

CB10'n it via da Z
    02-16-14 01:22 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-facebook-20140216-111801.png

Associated with a National Post article. Shame he has a case on it.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, rarsen, sidhuk and 5 others like this.
    02-16-14 01:24 PM
    Most reviews and battery tests would disagree with you. The bottom bezel is awesome on the G2, not sure how is cuts your finger and I have had it since it's launch.

I consistently get 24-30 hours per charge with 4 hours of screen time and 36+ hours on light use.

Sent from my LG-D803 using CB Forums mobile app
    I find reviews not to be accurate on battery life. First hand experience wins all the time. Sounds like sid put it through its paces.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    02-16-14 01:30 PM
    Bit of a nexus vibe to it

CB10'n it via da Z
    Not really. More of a lumia or xperia.
    sidhuk and _dimi_ like this.
    02-16-14 01:40 PM
    I got news from a guy that works at Bombardier, that tells me Bombardier is upgrading to BB10 with BES10. He tells me that Higher level managers can choose between Z10 and Q10 and everyone else can only get Q5. Bombardier has 70,000 employees in more than 20 countries.

Play Starcraft? Join our Channel: C001242DE
    sidhuk, rarsen, jxnb and 14 others like this.
    02-16-14 01:40 PM
    Well, it looks like a Z10 obviously. I think it's great. I'm waiting on the actual price; PLEASE let it be cheap. BlackBerry needs to think of a fair price for it, specs wise, and then knock a bit extra off to counter the rubbish in-store salespeople, and the lingering BlackBerry is dead toxins in the air. I also hope they sell it in the UK. This is but nicer looking than the Q5, which I think should never have been made. If this is the Jakarta, then I'm happy with it.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, sidhuk and rarsen like this.
    02-16-14 02:15 PM
    Square like a lumina I agree. I was more referring to the appearance of the texture

CB10'n it via da Z
    02-16-14 03:37 PM
    Purported Jakarta/Z3 specs here:
    Exclusive: The next 5-inch BlackBerry Z3! Specs and more : BBin – India 's Best BlackBerry Community

Display
    5 inch 540 x 960 pixels, 24-bit color LCD display
    Memory
    8 GB application storage and 1.5 GB RAM
    Processor
    1.2 GHz dual-core processor
    Battery
    2650 mAh non-removable battery
    Rear-facing camera:
    5 MP
    Autofocus and flash
    5x digital zoom
    Front-facing camera:
    1.1 MP
    Fixed-focus
    3x digital zoom
    02-16-14 04:25 PM
    Exclusive: The next 5-inch BlackBerry Z3! Specs and more : BBin � India 's Best BlackBerry Community

Display
    Memory
    Processor
    Battery
    Rear-facing camera:
    5 MP
    Autofocus and flash
    5x digital zoom
    Front-facing camera:
    1.1 MP
    Fixed-focus
    3x digital zoom
    With that size of battery and those specks it may last couple of days.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    rarsen, Corbu and bungaboy like this.
    02-16-14 04:45 PM
    My ex took my daughter to the Hedley concert last night and this is what happened. Suffice to say most had iPhone's!

Funny thing is, after the concert last when we were outside, a woman had no cell battery and wanted a picture of her daughter so I took it and texted it to her. Then there were 2 young girls and one of their cell phones died and I could see she was looking worried so I asked if she and her friend had a cell phone between them and the other girl said she had an ipod so needed wifi. So I gave them my phone to call her mum to pick them up. It was almost midnight and ice raining.

I think I was the only one with battery at the end of the night.

My ex has a Z30. End of story!

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    rarsen, theRock1975, Corbu and 7 others like this.
    02-16-14 05:05 PM
    02-16-14 06:10 PM
    My ex took my daughter to the Hedley concert last night and this is what happened. Suffice to say most had iPhone's!

Funny thing is, after the concert last when we were outside, a woman had no cell battery and wanted a picture of her daughter so I took it and texted it to her. Then there were 2 young girls and one of their cell phones died and I could see she was looking worried so I asked if she and her friend had a cell phone between them and the other girl said she had an ipod so needed wifi. So I gave them my phone to call her mum to pick them up. It was almost midnight and ice raining.

I think I was the only one with battery at the end of the night.

My ex has a Z30. End of story!

This seems more and more like this will be the next innovation battleground.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk likes this.
    02-16-14 06:43 PM
    I got news from a guy that works at Bombardier, that tells me Bombardier is upgrading to BB10 with BES10. He tells me that Higher level managers can choose between Z10 and Q10 and everyone else can only get Q5. Bombardier has 70,000 employees in more than 20 countries.

Play Starcraft? Join our Channel: C001242DE
    I bought a new Koodo (Telus) Q5 for $250 CAD the other day. (Just to see what they are like and will save it for a spare for one of my daughters) They couriered it to me no charge.

Not a bad little phone.

Also bought a HTC One as well. It can't be included in the same class as the Z30. It does have nice sound. But that's about it. No HDMI out, no SHDC card slot.

There isn't a phone out there right now as good as the Z30 as far as I am concerned. (For proof . . . I have bought most of them and still have them. LoL )
    Corbu, bigbadben10, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    02-16-14 06:50 PM
    Not true, the LG G2 has fantastic battery life (longer than the Z30) and has a 5.2" 1080p screen with 424 ppi resolution (and is physically smaller\lighter than the Z30).

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3...&idPhone2=5543

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    Well I haven't looked at that phone yet. But it is funny that you linked to something that showed the Z30 getting longer battery life while using a smaller battery. So it kind of supported my position which is that Android can't do efficient battery.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-16-14 06:59 PM
    A note about battery amps hours and capacity. Not all batteries are created equal given the same ratings.

I have been in the power business for over 25 years and have seen that first hand! Glossy brochures only tell part of the story. It is the detail that counts, most people never scratch deep enough to reveal the real facts and truth.

You can't get two pints out of a pint pot even though some manufacturers might have you believe that!!

Corbu, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    02-16-14 07:37 PM
    Well I haven't looked at that phone yet. But it is funny that you linked to something that showed the Z30 getting longer battery life while using a smaller battery. So it kind of supported my position which is that Android can't do efficient battery.

Posted via CB10
    Not necessarily. To be fair, the type of screen used on the phone has a huge impact on the battery drain. With a 720p screen, both the Z30 and the Moto X (Android) have tremendous battery life. The Nexus 5 that I'm currently using, for example uses about 30-40% of the battery for the screen.

Most Android OEMs uses high res screens which contribute to the battery drain and some people are willing to sacrifice battery life for high res screens.
    rarsen and Randeman like this.
    02-16-14 09:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    Which part shows this? The stand by time was much longer on the G2 and the talk time was pretty much the same on 3G.

Do a search on smartphone battery life and the G2 consistently comes out as the winner.

Note which phone comes in first and which one comes in eleventh and take a look at the battery results.

http://cell-phones.toptenreviews.com...ones/index.htm

Last edited by Hilman76; 02-16-14 at 10:43 PM.
    techvisor likes this.
    02-16-14 10:33 PM
    Which part shows this? The stand by time was much longer on the G2 and the talk time was pretty much the same on 3G.

Do a search on smartphone battery life and the G2 consistently comes out as the winner.

Note which phone comes in first and which one comes in eleventh and take a look at the battery results.

I was looking at talk time for the original link you gave me. Z30 dominated at 25 hours on 2g talk time. And it edged out your G2 on 3g talk time as well. I don't care about standby time because except when I'm asleep my phone never goes longer than two hours without being used.

But I haven't looked as closely as you, so you are probably right about this LG. I know two people who have had Samsung Galaxy phones, the 3 and the 4 and both have had laughable battery life.

So funny story. My group is trying to get into a club in South Beach last week. We have a contact so this should happen despite us being all middle age guys. But our contacts number is on a guys Galaxy. He has left it at the hotel because it is dead. Bouncer is quoting us 2 grand to get in. But we don't have the contacts number to call. Eventually the bouncer calls the guy, gets through, and we go in for free and get comped drinks. But it would have been easier if the galaxy had been functional.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, rarsen and Randeman like this.
    02-16-14 11:16 PM
    Exclusive: The next 5-inch BlackBerry Z3! Specs and more : BBin � India 's Best BlackBerry Community

Display
    Memory
    Processor
    Battery
    Rear-facing camera:
    5 MP
    Autofocus and flash
    5x digital zoom
    Front-facing camera:
    1.1 MP
    Fixed-focus
    3x digital zoom
    Only for developing markets right? For ?150 unlocked this Z3 could actually take some market share from the cheap Nokia phones.
    02-17-14 01:01 AM
    Exclusive: The next 5-inch BlackBerry Z3! Specs and more : BBin – India 's Best BlackBerry Community

Display
    Hell no. Hope it's not true . Not another screen resolution please.
    The developers was told that ALL new phone will have 720 x 1280 or 720 x 720 and I dont have different information until now.
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-17-14 03:16 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	facebook-20140216-111801.png 
Views:	1913 
Size:	458.8 KB 
ID:	248526

Associated with a National Post article. Shame he has a case on it.

Posted via CB10
    Looks like a "KerryBerry". LoL
    snejpa, dusdal, jxnb and 2 others like this.
    02-17-14 05:11 AM

Hilman,

From my real life experience I haven't seen one of my friends that has a battery life even comparable to the Z30. I think real world is a better measure than these reviews.

Similar to laptop battery life.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    02-17-14 07:34 AM
    Holy crap had a terrible dream last night. Dreamt that BlackBerry dropped down to 5.96!!

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 08:10 AM
    Holy crap had a terrible dream last night. Dreamt that BlackBerry dropped down to 5.96!!

Posted via CB10
    Holy Crap, had a great dream last night that I bought 1 million Blackberry shares at 5.96!!!
    02-17-14 08:44 AM
113,256 ... 24262427242824292430 ...