View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.66%
  • No

413 37.34%
    A quick BBM story:
    " I think you can get BBM on those phones too". What? What?

I took about 20 seconds to recover
    Oh my god. I can't imagine what you might have gone through. Just reading your post, I had to read couple of times to make sure that I was reading it correctly, as you might have guessed English language is not my native language and was the fourth language that I have learned. So, I had to really make sure, how can Canadians not know what BBM is and where it comes from. That is illiteracy (I mean ignorance) at its best.

I am sure they they were under the impression that Apple has invented BBM.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 08:33 AM
    A quick BBM story:

Yesterday I was out with some execs from one of Canada's largest commericial real estate developer companies and we ended up in their boardroom for about a half hour. I'm sitting there with five guys and a woman and she pulls out their standard issue iPhone 5S and says that she is impressed with the companies' new BBM experience. So I asked them what they are doing with BBM and they jumped on it and showed me their setup for BBM and how they have created "Groups" and how they can bulk communicate and how each Group has its own identity and custom pics etc.. They said they love BBM.

So I pulled out my BlackBerry just for the fun of it and showed them my phone and at first they asked what it was, and I said, "it's the newest BlackBerry", ..... when one of them said, " I think you can get BBM on those phones too". What? What?

I took about 20 seconds to recover and told them, "that BBM was invented by BlackBerry and that with a BlackBerry phone you can do all of this", and showed them Voice, Video and Channels. They were totally aghast like they had seen a ghost!!! None of these top dogs knew that BBM or BLackBerry Messenger was part of BlackBerry or R.I.M. and could not believe what I could do with my phone. I assured them that BlackBerry will be bringing all of this to their iPhones soon enough.

WOW! BlackBerry needs to get their story out there, Enterprise has forgotten them and now former users are clueless too. Then I mentioned security .........................
    That's a fantastic story!
    Thanks for sharing it.
    02-07-14 08:37 AM
    $10 seems like a huge resistance.
    Superfly_FR, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    02-07-14 08:37 AM
    Good Morning Gang,
    Yesterday I called my wireless provider to ask if my new data plan permitted in country tethering and if their US roaming travel plans allowed the same thing.
    I ended up spending more than 15 minutes on the phone because of their slow system response as always. She wanted to have her supervisor on record with answer.
    At the end of the conversations I started saying "I think your mic is too close to your ........ "
    And before I could finish my sentence she said," you know what, all day long, customers been saying that they can't hear me, so I have my mic almost tucked against my mouth and you are the first customer who said it is too loud"
    Then she pulled the mouthpiece away and asked me if I could hear her? I said loud and clear mam. Then she said you have blackberry 10 phone? I said yeah z30 and started explaining why this phone can hear you better. Lol.
    Any ways. Rogers local data 3gb is fine for tethering but us travel packs not.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    Last edited by sidhuk; 02-07-14 at 08:57 AM.
    02-07-14 08:39 AM
    Nooooo, the Canadian dollars is rising again...
    I want my BB.TO to keep going up!!

Edit: Oh and also, BBRY is dropping right now.. so doubly bad for BB.TO

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Andrew4life; 02-07-14 at 08:55 AM.
    02-07-14 08:40 AM
    Nooooo, the Canadian dollars is rising again...
    I want my BB.TO to keep going up!!

Edit: Oh and also, BBRY is dropping right now.. so doubly bad for BB.TO

Posted via CB10
    Just hold on till afternoon and will rise again..

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 09:07 AM
    A quick BBM story:

Yesterday I was out with some execs from one of Canada's largest commericial real estate developer companies and we ended up in their boardroom for about a half hour. .........
    Hi Morgan, Glad to hear that you are out and about and from that i think you are feeling better.

LoL, otherwise, i was still picturing you typing your messages hiding in the hospital,
    Sorry.

Wanted to ask you about your health lately, but then avoided to put you on the spot.
    02-07-14 09:07 AM
    I have spent the last 24 hours in the hospital my father had heart surgery, hopefully will get discharge in an hour.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 09:10 AM
    I have spent the last 24 hours in the hospital my father had heart surgery, hopefully will get discharge in an hour.

Posted via CB10
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery. The heart is one of the organs that heal well after surgery. My sister had an open heart surgery 10 years ago and she is doing well.
    zyben, sidhuk, Superfly_FR and 6 others like this.
    02-07-14 09:26 AM
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery. The heart is one of the organs that heal well after surgery. My sister had an open heart surgery 10 years ago and she is doing well.
    Thank you.. he is doing fine now. Waiting for the nurse to remove all the accessories from him and then we are good to go..

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 09:38 AM
    Looks like QNX Infotainment system is finally getting it's legs.. http://n4bb.com/qnx-powers-next-audi...-system-video/. I'd like to see more of this type of news coming in.

Posted via swift BlackBerry Z30!
    bungaboy, jxnb, zyben and 3 others like this.
    02-07-14 10:20 AM
    A nice little tid-bit (mmmm, Timbits), for this morning to counter the stock droop:

http://berryflow.com/blackberry-ente...ure-valuelabs/
    02-07-14 10:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    Sending positive waves and good vibes your way.

Stand Sure!
    Corbu, sidhuk, zyben and 2 others like this.
    02-07-14 10:23 AM
    Looks like QNX Infotainment system is finally getting it's legs.. http://n4bb.com/qnx-powers-next-audi...-system-video/. I'd like to see more of this type of news coming in.

Posted via swift BlackBerry Z30!
    Watched the video. And
    Wow. Impressive

bungaboy, zyben, lech31 and 1 others like this.
    02-07-14 10:35 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-c0001f622_9e716710-9012-11e3-9cfd-0200ac11f428.jpeg

zyben, bungaboy, sidhuk and 10 others like this.
    02-07-14 10:36 AM
    Watched the video. And
    Wow. Impressive

Very nice . . . but there is a USA Senator trying to restrict the social network stuff in cars for safety issues.
    sidhuk likes this.
    02-07-14 10:40 AM
    Oh my god. I can't imagine what you might have gone through. Just reading your post, I had to read couple of times to make sure that I was reading it correctly, as you might have guessed English language is not my native language and was the fourth language that I have learned. So, I had to really make sure, how can Canadians not know what BBM is and where it comes from. That is illiteracy (I mean ignorance) at its best.

I am sure they they were under the impression that Apple has invented BBM.

Posted via CB10
    You have that so right. All I can say on behave of them is that they are fed by their IT Team and that message must have been that BlackBerry is dead. They learned so much last night, it was like seeing someone come out of a coma! LOL

The one guy had a BlackBerry less than a year ago so he should have known better. To think that all of them hold new iPhones and have been missing out on the wonders of true BBM! They even liked my phone and I felt great showing them it now that BB 10.2.1 is out. They couldn't shoot holes in the product and the topic of security was a whole new experience for them too. I hope one of them talk to their failed IT Team members.
    sidhuk, bungaboy, zyben and 5 others like this.
    02-07-14 10:43 AM
    New app from Refocus Labs. Here's a super quick teaser.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=gIC61KKcbBg
    Corbu, bungaboy, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    02-07-14 10:48 AM
    Hi Morgan, Glad to hear that you are out and about and from that i think you are feeling better.

LoL, otherwise, i was still picturing you typing your messages hiding in the hospital,
    Sorry.

Wanted to ask you about your health lately, but then avoided to put you on the spot.
    Thanks for calling me out! We had a scare there, a very high fever and an infection but I pulled through that one and now I feel we have better control on the situation. I'm making a number of plans for the future now as I do see this resolving this year. I believe we are one or two operations from killing off this virus; as of today we are able to limit its movement. I changed out one Doctor and suddenly the others are talking to each other now! He was the alpha Doctor of the group and no one would challenge him. now, they are thinking outside the box and I see improvements and more confidence in everyone. As soon as this is cleared up, we are hitting an island somewhere for a couple of weeks. I think we need to go to the Canary Islands where I'll spend less time getting into trouble! Thanks!

Now, why can't we close above that 200-dma ( $ 9.90/shr/US) and rally hard from here?
    Corbu, cjcampbell, sidhuk and 13 others like this.
    02-07-14 10:53 AM
    New app from Refocus Labs. Here's a super quick teaser.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=gIC61KKcbBg
    Good stuff. We need some of this... but from BBRY!
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-07-14 10:57 AM
    Good stuff. We need some of this... but from BBRY!
    I forgot to add that this is launching on the 11th I believe.
    bungaboy and Corbu like this.
    02-07-14 10:58 AM
    A nice little tid-bit (mmmm, Timbits), for this morning to counter the stock droop:

http://berryflow.com/blackberry-ente...ure-valuelabs/
    This was yesterday. I have posted a link, but still positive news.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 11:01 AM
    I forgot to add that this is launching on the 11th I believe.
    Indeed. Thanks. I meant to say that it would be nice to see BBRY start promoting what it does... in a cool and agressive way. Not just to us, insiders, but to everyone else. Anyways, beating a dead horse here... sorry!
    02-07-14 11:07 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C0001F622_9e716710-9012-11e3-9cfd-0200ac11f428.jpeg 
Views:	1041 
Size:	27.4 KB 
ID:	245859

This is a better ad. I've criticised many of the others for being cheesy as hell, but this is better. Does anyone else actually get to see these besides us? I haven't seen a single ad anywhere in public.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-14 11:13 AM
    This is just ignorance of a proper evaluation for IT needs.

They probably didn't evaluate Android because of the perception of malware and bottom drawer security.

They choose Apple because everyone else is. US ignorance and isolation is heaviest in the world. They don't see outside their border bubble.

A quick BBM story:

Yesterday I was out with some execs from one of Canada's largest commericial real estate developer companies and we ended up in their boardroom for about a half hour. I'm sitting there with five guys and a woman and she pulls out their standard issue iPhone 5S and says that she is impressed with the companies' new BBM experience. So I asked them what they are doing with BBM and they jumped on it and showed me their setup for BBM and how they have created "Groups" and how they can bulk communicate and how each Group has its own identity and custom pics etc.. They said they love BBM.

So I pulled out my BlackBerry just for the fun of it and showed them my phone and at first they asked what it was, and I said, "it's the newest BlackBerry", ..... when one of them said, " I think you can get BBM on those phones too". What? What?

I took about 20 seconds to recover and told them, "that BBM was invented by BlackBerry and that with a BlackBerry phone you can do all of this", and showed them Voice, Video and Channels. They were totally aghast like they had seen a ghost!!! None of these top dogs knew that BBM or BLackBerry Messenger was part of BlackBerry or R.I.M. and could not believe what I could do with my phone. I assured them that BlackBerry will be bringing all of this to their iPhones soon enough.

WOW! BlackBerry needs to get their story out there, Enterprise has forgotten them and now former users are clueless too. Then I mentioned security .........................
    02-07-14 11:29 AM
105,940 ... 24102411241224132414 ...