View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    So Yahoo is a 39 billion dollar company. I can't wait for BlackBerry to become one too ;-)

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 04:41 PM
    Icahn is asking the same . . .

Hey Apple, what have you done for us lately?

NEW YORK — Reuters Breaking views
    Published Tuesday, Jan. 28 2014, 12:17 PM EST
    Last updated Tuesday, Jan. 28 2014, 12:17 PM EST

"Apple’s cart could use refilling with some fresher products. The tech giant’s modest quarterly results highlight the risks of relying on just a few aging mega-hits. The iPhone and other top offerings have made the firm worth more than any other in the world. But eroding market share and $40-billion (U.S.) in vaporized value suggest things are growing a bit stale. . . . "
    01-28-14 04:48 PM
    Ahhhh you remind me of me when I was in my 20's.
    Funny, I AM in my 20s haha.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, Corbu, Korepab and 2 others like this.
    01-28-14 04:57 PM
    Funny, I AM in my 20s haha.

Posted via CB10
    Enjoy it to the fullest.

But, be safe!
    sidhuk, Corbu, Kid Vibe and 3 others like this.
    01-28-14 05:07 PM
    01-28-14 05:16 PM
    Two more months and my 20s is gone forever.

Posted via CB10
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    01-28-14 05:24 PM
    We can only hope that in 2 more years, our BB shares will be in the 20s.
    Superfly_FR and georg4BB like this.
    01-28-14 05:26 PM
    Two more months and my 20s is gone forever.

Posted via CB10
    Look forward to the thirties . . . they are a blast too!
    01-28-14 05:26 PM
    We can only hope that in 2 more years, our BB shares will be in the 20s.
    Hopefully sooner . . . much sooner!
    sidhuk likes this.
    01-28-14 05:28 PM
    I think the latest it will be February 2015 and we will have our shares in 20s

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-28-14 05:36 PM
    An article for you Superfly. Nothing we don't already know but it's nice to see some positive words from France. Some cool stuff in the video as well:

BlackBerry et sa filiale QNX, un �lan nouveau ? | Blackberry 10

Google translate:

BlackBerry and its subsidiary QNX, a new momentum?

BlackBerry is known worldwide for its mobile phones and smartphones as well as for its excellence in the field of data protection. BlackBerry has several subsidiaries including QNX - gained 100% in 2010 - which is designed for the embedded systems market operating system ( automobiles, trains , astronomy ... ) .

Last Thursday , John Chen - BlackBerry CEO - announced on the Inside BlackBerry blog the launch of a new cloud service that fits in the era of connected objects . This new " Business Cloud " division will emerge within the subsidiary QNX Software Systems. Mr Chen explained intention to diversify activities QNX has a lot of experience to develop solutions. Its objective is clear : he wants to create an ecosystem around the BlackBerry and QNX products. According to John Chen , the sector represents a market of "5 billion devices in the world" and that could represent in the future " to 500 billion ."

Today , it is true that we have objects that we use everyday , more and more connected . However, the connection between these objects - the machine-to- machine (M2M) - is not developed enough (especially in France where automation is not really become the norm ) . QNX has the expertise to create a solution and propose it directly in embedded systems , but also in smartphones and tablets like the PlayBook . The objective is to deploy the QNX microkernel - based on UNIX - in a very large number of devices such as televisions , refrigerators or directly into the dashboard of our car , for example , as in the new Audi TT:
    Source: Clubic.com

Thus, BlackBerry and QNX gain market share in an industry that is booming and has a huge potential for exploitation.

The CEO of the Canadian company named Alec Saunders - former vice president of developer relations and ecosystem development BlackBerry - as vice president of the subsidiary. This is a homecoming since worked for QNX as vice president of marketing from 2001 to 2002 .
    Corbu, bungaboy, jxnb and 5 others like this.
    01-28-14 06:28 PM
    Watched the video very promising.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-14 07:13 PM
    Interesting, on the CNBC interview with Sculley, they were discussing how mobile payments will be a huge thing.

I agree! BBM Money, where is it, this could be huge. Any chance of it going cross platform?

Idea off the top of my head, for security make it operate similar to BES, all data for payments transferred through NOC, people either card companies or consumers pay a monthly fee for this access?

Like a BES account. Make it cross platform, link with BBM.

Profit?

Posted via CB10
    BBM Money is used in one country only right now. Partnership using NOC & local banks' token ring (?) I maybe wrong there bit a system like Moneris here in Canada and USA payment terminals uses this works. Small roll out and for those that don't even have cheque in accounts in a brick and mortar bank.

I had jn formation in this on my blog but cannot recall when.

Waiting for ? BlackBerry Q10 ? & Full Metal CB10!
    01-29-14 02:28 AM
    About EMM (Enterprise Mobility Management) market, competitors and growth ...

VMware will purchase AirWatch for $1.54 billion, making it the largest acquisition in its history.
    The purchase will include $1.175 billion in cash and $365 million in installment payments.

Industry watchers expected VMware to make this type of acquisition to shore up its mobility portfolio.

The move is a good sign for the continued growth of the EMM market after recent acquisitions such as IBM's purchase of Fiberlink Communications and Oracle's buy of Bitzer Mobile, according to Chris Hazelton, research director for mobile and wireless for 451 Research in New York.

"This does signal very loud and clear to the rest of the market that EMM is an important component for enterprise IT," Hazelton said.
    VMware's executive vice president and general manager for end-user computing (EUC) Sanjay Poonen said he'd had his eye on AirWatch for several years, dating back to his tenure at SAP AG. Many VMware View users rely on AirWatch for EMM, he said.
    This, indeed, is a good sign : when competitors rally to fight where you are one step ahead ... stimulation and volume are expected.
    P.S: Did someone laughed when I said several years ago that SAP was a major influencer in the Enterprise market ?

"MDM is dead as a product," Katz said. "Out of the ashes of MDM, EMM is rising."
    It's not about devices, it's about value (services) ... oh, well ... Did I ear this lately ?

And finaly, MobileIron ...
    At this point, the EMM market is mature and the amount of consolidation has been predictable, Gold said. He recalled similar trends with laptops and email providers.
    "It's not uncommon when markets mature," Gold said. "New markets come with lots of activity and they consolidate over time. It's the way of the world."
    MobileIron of Mountain View, Calif., is the largest independent EMM vendor left and the AirWatch move puts the company in an interesting position.
    "MobileIron's interest in going IPO may drive a price that approaches AirWatch's price," Hazelton said. Prior to the news of the AirWatch acquisition, MobileIron said it is interested in remaining an independent company.
    Allright, ladies and gents, players aboard:let the show begin !!!

Have a nice day, gang !

source : VMware leaps into enterprise mobility management with AirWatch buy
    jxnb, Shanerredflag, Corbu and 9 others like this.
    01-29-14 03:21 AM
    01-29-14 07:55 AM
    Ok, 10 minutes before the bell ...
    PM volume is nowhere. Let's see what happens at the gong !

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    01-29-14 07:56 AM
    Been playing around with the latest release and love it. I know i should of got a leak but I like official releases for some reason. i guess its my software background. Snap works perfectly to download up to date android APK's. App gap??? what is App gap you speak of
    01-29-14 08:02 AM
    For the technically curious:

M2M and the Internet of Things: A guide | ZDNet
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-machina-chart-620x450.jpg
    Last edited by rarsen; 01-29-14 at 08:29 AM.
    01-29-14 08:02 AM
    "That's not to say that Britain's GCHQ didn't have the targeted tools against individual smartphones, such as iPhones, Android devices, and other platforms if needed."

I have always wondered how much of the headline or story doesn't mention BB devices, not because they aren't vunerable but because for the main stream media and based on the low number in use, they are trivial. I think iphone and android devices suffer from the same issue Windows did, it is so popular, it is just more efficient to target systems in widest use.

Sadly I was watching CNCB yesterday and they posted a graphic on smart phone usage and BB wasn't even on the graphic. I did not realize Lenovo was higher with 4.x than BB...if the graphic was correct.....

That deal is going to get funded. They/we extracted another 20 basis points and some more covenants and so it is going to get done. I hate working on syndicate deals too many bankers and lawyers involved......
    Corbu, Randeman and plasmid_boy like this.
    01-29-14 08:06 AM
    Edwar Snowden nominated for Nobel Peace Prize - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/w...w/29560259.cms
    01-29-14 08:18 AM
    Good morning.. Let it begin.
    01-29-14 08:30 AM
    Google ordered to pay hundreds of millions for stealing patented tech

Chalk up another win for the patent trolls � and this time is was a big one. A United States District Court judge for the Northern District of Virginia in 2012 found Google guilty of stealing protected intellectual property and using it in the flagship AdWords advertising platform. On Tuesday evening, the judge finally decided on the penalty: a 1.3585% royalty rate on all U.S.-based AdWords revenue. According to Ars Technica�s math, that figure amounts to as much as $250 million annually on U.S. AdWords revenue of between $15 billion and $18 billion each year.

Who is the big winner in the deal? A patent troll � sorry, a firm that is �engaged in the innovation, development and monetization of intellectual property� � called Vringo, which sued Google back in 2011 using patents it did not invent, but rather acquired from Lycos. The patents expire in 2016 and Google is reportedly liable for damages from November 2012, when the judgement in this trial was first handed down.

When all is said and done, this judgement could cost Google more than $1 billion.

http://bgr.com/2014/01/29/google-pat...ruling-vringo/
    01-29-14 08:35 AM
    01-29-14 08:56 AM
    Still a battle for that 10 dollar mark as options expire on Friday
    01-29-14 08:58 AM
    Alright, back in the green. Go BaBe

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    bungaboy, plasmid_boy and sidhuk like this.
    01-29-14 09:01 AM
113,256 ... 23942395239623972398 ...