693 62.77%
  • No

411 37.23%
    Well ****, looks like I'll be making a call next week

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 06:45 PM
    Well ****, looks like I'll be making a call next week

Posted via CB10
    You can find the papers in your account, at least with RBC I can. Print off, sign, and mail in. That's it.
    sidhuk likes this.
    01-24-14 06:46 PM
    I don't think you can buy options in a tfsa

Posted via CB10
    I'm trading options in tfsa with Questrade. I was thinking are we allowed to trade options in tsfa?I understand you can but are you allowed?

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 06:55 PM
    morgan that is very impressive! Just out of curiosity did you jusy buy options in the tfsa? I only put in 15k in mine but i only hold common stocks, usually speculative and some Bac back from 2011. Takes a long time to grow it!

Posted via CB10
    You can buy options in a TFSA account, it is no different than a regular account but you can't get margin. I bought her ACAD Pharma and then rolled it into HALO and used some of the profits to buy $ 35,000 worth of ECA along the way. It was done purely with stock and there was no sign of BBRY in all of that! So all you need is a great stock like BBRY in that account and go nuts! I did the same thing for much of her regular account and you should see that one. Needless to say, if I blew out my kidneys she would have me on a machine in a matter of seconds! LOL

This was done in 2 1/2 years and would have been much higher if we didn't buy ECA, that one slowed us down.
    01-24-14 07:01 PM
    . . .This was done in 2 1/2 years and would have been much higher if we didn't buy ECA, that one slowed us down.
    ECA is slowing me down too. Now Penn West is another "Bowser".
    01-24-14 07:12 PM
    01-24-14 07:13 PM
    Alright Morgan -Madoff, here are the keys to my TFSA...Have at it and beat your wife's percentage.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 07:13 PM
    Morgan, you almost make it sound easy! It reminds me of watching Nadal on TV and thinking: okay I get it, let's see if I can do that on a court, the problem ending up that I never can't, not overnight anyway.

I think that we can all strive to get to Morgan'expertise, but it's not just going to happen overnight, and without putting in the effort: no pain, no gain!

Anyway here I am reading the forum having a drink while the kids are watching a movie... It's funny how one can grow attached to a thread. They could almost make a movie out of it
    ..anybody with connections?!

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 07:45 PM
    I'm on an airplane, spotty signal. Just wanted to confirm. SF, you are a virgin and a what? LOL

Posted via CB10
    a cow, a Spanish Cow !!!
    bungaboy, jfguay2, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    01-24-14 07:52 PM
    Morgan, you almost make it sound easy! It reminds me of watching Nadal on TV and thinking: okay I get it, let's see if I can do that on a court, the problem ending up that I never can't, not overnight anyway.

I think that we can all strive to get to Morgan'expertise, but it's not just going to happen overnight, and without putting in the effort: no pain, no gain!

Anyway here I am reading the forum having a drink while the kids are watching a movie... It's funny how one can grow attached to a thread. They could almost make a movie out of it

Posted via CB10
    ... or a book ...
    bungaboy, jfguay2, Corbu and 2 others like this.
    01-24-14 07:53 PM
    Anyone worried about the overall market situation? its all "omg the repeat of 2008 crash is upon us" I for some reason see us moving back up next week but im reading more into these emerging markets so i'm a little on the fence
    01-24-14 07:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    I heard that CJ has connections in the "Adult Movie" sector. LoL
    01-24-14 07:57 PM
    I heard that CJ has connections in the "Adult Movie" sector. LoL
    What would it be called? I support ***Y and I get my share?

Sorry, I could not resist, yes I know it's a bad one!

Posted via CB10
    rarsen and sidhuk like this.
    01-24-14 08:04 PM
    Anyone worried about the overall market situation? its all "omg the repeat of 2008 crash is upon us" I for some reason see us moving back up next week but im reading more into these emerging markets so i'm a little on the fence
    Just buy gold instead.
    01-24-14 08:27 PM
    That's the main reason why I sold out of all of my Pharmas, well not all of them, but, .... I think I can buy them back much cheaper. Next week could be rough. BlackBerry could get dragged down in all of this and I'll be there to buy some more.
    01-24-14 08:45 PM
    Yah i'm a lil worried for next week... a lot of news/earnings that will make the spot light :/ i'll just have to put some cushion cash into account so I don't get a margin call at least
    morganplus8 and Randeman like this.
    01-24-14 09:04 PM
    Hey M-8,

Thinking about playing a long option play on BlackBerry. I'm looking at 15 and 17 strike price what are your thoughts

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 09:09 PM
    Well, the last couple of days didn't affect me as I've been hanging out in a few cheap buggers that are pure speculation so market trends tend not to affect them as much. None the less..... I thought, seeing it's after hours and Friday (and I've (go figure) had a few) I'd touch base on gold... lol.

The channel has been broken and to the upside. Not sure if everyone remembers the charts I put up a week ago but the second chart is the only one I'm considering right now. Gold has tested resistance a couple of times now and is almost through. It got tossed back down today but seemed to come back and challenge again. Yesterday, I said today would be telling and it was... the cross of the moving averages happened, the channel broke, and now there's a mighty resistance left. My play is, if this can make it through 1275 or so, and hold, I'm going in for at least a short play. There are other levels of resistance that are tightly packed in this area but that's a huge hurdle....

Now, if it doesn't want to break through here, I still see the high 1100's a very real possibility but this red market does play into gold's favour.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-screenshot-17-.png
    Last edited by cjcampbell; 01-24-14 at 09:30 PM.
    m0de25, Corbu, jxnb and 10 others like this.
    01-24-14 09:20 PM
    You can find the papers in your account, at least with RBC I can. Print off, sign, and mail in. That's it.
    TD too. But they can put restrictions if they think that account holder has no options experience.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    Last edited by sidhuk; 01-25-14 at 10:27 AM.
    01-24-14 10:18 PM
    TD too. But they can put restrictions if they thing that account holder have no options experience.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    Which is fair. In the paper work I had, it asked outright if I had any options experience. I'm guessing you can really **** yourself, and the bank, by screwing up so for me, restrictions are fine as I don't even know when/if I'll be doing it as I still haven't got the foggiest as to how to do it.
    01-24-14 10:34 PM
    A recap of the last 12 months. You won't miss anything if you don't read it, though:
    BlackBerry, one year later | Toronto Star
    01-25-14 10:10 AM
    01-25-14 11:45 AM
    Slow day today. Everybody must be licking their wounds from the last 2 days. I am!
    01-25-14 12:21 PM
    QNX in Times Square via EB Automotive Ad:

https://twitter.com/EB_Automotive/st...751041/photo/1
    01-25-14 12:54 PM
    01-25-14 01:11 PM
104,878 ... 23862387238823892390 ...