View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I am thinking of buying, should I do it today?
    I have this feeling it is going to dip down a little more today.
    Buy it and hold it for 3 years and you won't be worried about whether it dips today.
    01-24-14 07:40 AM
    Buy the dip

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 07:47 AM
    Trust me I bought it against all the odds when everyone told me the company was going down, this and that, but I bought it and was in the red zone for 10 months. Finally I have a little more to invest and was wondering if today is the right day.

Thanks guys for the reply.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    01-24-14 07:48 AM
    Pre market trading is looking down... should be a buying opportunity! Or is this the beginning of the next downward trend?

SP Order book on TSE: 11.00 CAD
    Last edited by Ribes Nigrum; 01-24-14 at 08:10 AM.
    01-24-14 07:58 AM
    It's not like we arn't use to this but seeing all the new negative news reports on the DoD report is really annoying. I thought in order to be a journalist a requirement would be that you need to be able to read and comprehend simple sentences. No where in the report did it say they will be purchasing 80K new devices, simple fact is that it instill confidence in what people thought would be a dead company. Sorry had to rant after reading CNBC article
    But don't forget the SP got a nice bounce on the original misleading report. When I saw it, I wondered knowing what had been posted here way back when. So now the "truth" comes out and a little air comes out of the stock. Look on the bright side, at least the first report was misleading IN BBRY's favor and not against them. FWIW - I don't think it is a positive or negative and doesn't show confidence yet, only that they aren't about to discard all legacy BBRY devices. That just makes sense for now and a zero sum game for the SP.
    bungaboy and jxnb like this.
    01-24-14 08:09 AM
    Just remember last year on are way to 18 we jumped to 14 then pulled back to 11 then rocketed to 18
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-24-14 08:16 AM
    Yes I remember, but also remember that back then we had a different CEO who was saying BBRY is selling by the millions until we found out the truth. John Chen on the other hand, is a different guy, he is very open about what he is doing and what is happening. He will not brag about something to make the stocks go up temporarily, he is more calculated and more focused on future of the company than just short term. So, in my opinion it is going to be very rare to see the stock jump so much up and down.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 08:28 AM
    Yes I remember, but also remember that back then we had a different CEO who was saying BBRY is selling by the millions until we found out the truth. John Chen on the other hand, is a different guy, he is very open about what he is doing and what is happening. He will not brag about something to make the stocks go up temporarily, he is more calculated and more focused on future of the company than just short term. So, in my opinion it is going to be very rare to see the stock jump so much up and down.

Posted via CB10
    Well if it so rare you better buy on this dipp wont happen again right?
    01-24-14 08:29 AM
    Added to my position ...Order got filled at 10.00
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-24-14 08:33 AM
    Easy with the advice to buy here guys. He needs to decide on his own

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 08:44 AM
    This just in:!
    Busted Beiber Balls Before Bail.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-images.jpg

Zee Z30 pozted thiz
    01-24-14 08:49 AM
    Poor Justin.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-brucex24-20rgb_16.jpg
    01-24-14 09:00 AM
    Seems like today is a good day to BUY BBRY... I expect some recovery throught the day.
    01-24-14 09:10 AM
    I'd say we have a trend today

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000903.png

Zee Z30 pozted thiz
    01-24-14 09:33 AM
    I'll be buying back today. Pretty much the whole market is down so picking up below $10 is an opportunity IMHO.

Posted via swift BlackBerry Z30!
    01-24-14 09:48 AM
    So according to my awesome analysis... BB's book value indicates that shares are priced at around $17. It's been around this I believe for quite some time. Hopefully you guys will hit it and make BANK. Whoever had the balls of steel to withstand the last few months, I commend thee.

Morgan, I quoted you as saying "Chen will make a $ 250 million dollar gain out of BBRY and he won't sleep until he has accomplished that." Where did you find this information and how did you determine Chen's profits? I'm assuming there was a statement published somewhere in regards to Chen's share price/holdings?

Hey Kid Vibe!!!

Good to see you are still tuning into this channel! Because of the latest Q3 numbers, I would place the BV at closer to $ 14.50/shr and that is a number that could grow over time as their real estate value on the books is way too low. What you paid for real estate 20-years ago and what it is worth today is going to surprise many. They have amazing real estate in downtown Waterloo and around their offices and the University.

As for my comment on the generated wealth of Chen since he joined BlackBerry, please read this:
    Chen is Now BlackBerry's $135 Million Man - Canada Real Time - WSJ

The $ 135 MM figure was calculated with the stock at $ 9.75/shr so that will show you the type of leverage this man has with BBRY. I would think that a run to our 52 week highs will place him at $ 250 MM so I did so some math before I made that comment.

In the future, don't be afraid to post one of your "social pics" to the board as partial payment for asking me a question, you are the only person I make this request to my friend. LOL
    Last edited by morganplus8; 01-24-14 at 10:07 AM.
    01-24-14 09:49 AM
    OT...but not much else going on...and its funny

Zee Z30 pozted thiz
    01-24-14 10:02 AM
    In the future, don't be afraid to post one of your "social pics" to the board as partial payment for asking me a question, you are the only person I make this request to my friend. LOL
    Yup, and I give you (KV) a special pass for that. We want "our" Morgan to feel the very best.
    So, if ever a mod is going bad with you because of that, let me know, I'll take the infraction on me !

P.S: I'm still virgin in this area (OMG, I feel like a counter-sense is possible here), so ... don't abuse either
    01-24-14 10:04 AM
    Thanks.
    Well, maybe it is my first post on this thread but I have been following it for at least more than a year. I have previously bought BBRY at different prices ranging from 6.50-16.50 at an average of 9.23.

I had sent a message to Morgan and wanted his opinion on the matter but have not received a reply.

Anyway, I guess if it drops to somewhere 9.5 I will buy, if not I will just decide then.

Posted via CB10
    Hi tatial!!

Welcome to the board!! The best way to reach me is by posting to this thread. I read it every day but rarely see my mail as it is too over-whelming for me right now. If you ask a question here, I'm 99% likely to answer it within a day. As for your question about BBRY and whether now is a good time to get into it. Only you can decide what's best for you. I have no idea what your background in investment is, your tolerances are, or, your financial situation is.

I do tell the board what I'm up to but everyone needs to know from my profile that I own a ton of BBRY stock at all times, I can live with this investment forever, and, I like to do a bit of technical based trading once in awhile and I CAN be wrong! Having said all of that, I sold out of BBRY this very week (retirement fund only) at $ 10.82/shr and I remarked that I would be out for a 10% drop back to roughly $ 9.80/shr where I would take all of the proceeds and buy BBRY again. So we are down here and as you might guess, I'm about to go back in! None of this means I'm suggesting that you do the same. My choice is due to the breaking of the very long downtrend line and what was resistance is now support. That doesn't mean that the DOW Jones won't drop another 1,000 pts. this time around which was one of the reasons I sold out of most of my holdings in other stocks, I felt the DOW was running too high in here.

I'll let you get back to your decision and I'll post my trade to the board when it happens. GL
    01-24-14 10:06 AM
    Yup, and I give you (KV) a special pass for that. We want "our" Morgan to feel the very best.
    So, if ever a mod is going bad with you because of that, let me know, I'll take the infraction on me !

P.S: I'm still virgin in this area (OMG, I feel like a counter-sense is possible here), so ... don't abuse either
    Okay, will you people stay on topic here, I'm trying to buy some BBRY right now!!!!!

(I had to say that as I'm on probation big time with BergerKing, I could be removed for just saying this, I don't mean any harm to you though, just sayin; ....)
    01-24-14 10:17 AM
    Seemed a shame not to pick up more BB after two days of down market.

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    01-24-14 10:38 AM
    Beat you to it at 9.85. Gosh I missed this board.
    dusdal and bungaboy like this.
    01-24-14 10:39 AM
    01-24-14 10:40 AM
    Okay, I bought back all of my BBRY shares from earlier this week, got them at $ 9.80/shr and because I did this trade, I'm the proud owner of 10% more stock!!! There is a certain rush that you get when you pull these things off. I will, of course, do this again if the RSI of the stock gets ahead of itself. None of this means that I caught the bottom of the drop this time around. I'm personally happy to have increased my holdings by 10% in 3 days, that's the motivation for me, not picking the lows. Best of luck to all!
    01-24-14 10:42 AM
    $10.94 on TSX here.

As good a time as any for 10.2.1 and bbm 2.0 to launch now haha.

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    01-24-14 10:48 AM
113,256 ... 23832384238523862387 ...