View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Back from sons hockey game. You are the classiest bunch of people I have never met. I am a 50 plus year old tech challenged farmer-dump truck owner, that stumbled on this thread, with not a lot to offer you, sorry to say. Reading here has been a real education for me, as well as an inspiration. My stock market experience is very limited, but am trying, and you are the inspiration. I feel its an honor to be here. Holy cow Morgan, you have been going through a nasty time. Sincerely wish you a speedy and complete recovery. And wholeheartedly appreciate the help, guidance and info you have given here. Wish I knew how to help. Thank you Superfly for starting it all. Hope this post didn't sound to sappy, it's late and I am tired, but the sentiments come from my heart. Thanks.
    Hi errby,
    if anything, we try to keep this thread a warm place.
    In the name of "residents", I'd like to thank you for you kind words and wishes.
    You are very welcome here to share with us your fist steps and questions, feel very free to do so (even if, occasionally, I or a team mod may re-target to the main subject of the thread ) !

As we currently slightly O.T and now that we have some fresh air ahead, I would like to join errby to congrat everybody here for the overall high level of respect you maintained on this crazy-long-lasting thread. In a few weeks, we'll hit the 3rd anniversary; that's 1,096 days ! Credits must go where they're deserved : and without a to the long list of loyal contributors, whatever their approach was. I feel like we ran these 1K+ days in a breathe. It'll be unfair to claim any credit for that on my own, I'm just a part of it - and, yes, I'm kinda proud - but nowhere "own" this thread. Should you believe I do, please break my "ownership" apart in as many contributors and take your own. 1 voice = 1 share.

We developed a relationship that is kinda unique; where giving is more than taking.
    And that, my friends (if I dare), is pretty rare in stocks' world.
    errby, you were expressing with your heart, and this was inspiring. Thank you for that.

let 2014 be our year, on all fronts, starting with health and love.

Cheers
    SF
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 01-14-14 at 08:30 AM. Reason: countersense, sticked
    01-13-14 10:43 AM
    01-13-14 12:49 PM
    Read it earlier and I am pretty happy with what JC is trying to do here. On a side note there is talk of a possible take over from SAP because JC is hiring alot of his former SAP buddies but i think he just wants people around him he can trust and he knows will do a great job
    01-13-14 01:00 PM
    Read it earlier and I am pretty happy with what JC is trying to do here. On a side note there is talk of a possible take over from SAP because JC is hiring alot of his former SAP buddies but i think he just wants people around him he can trust and he knows will do a great job
    Coup e'tat anyone? lol

But I think it would be conflict of interest if it were the case.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 01:05 PM
    Coup e'tat anyone? lol

But I think it would be conflict of interest if it were the case.

Posted via CB10
    Well i think Prem has already done a Coup e'tat and basically took over the company. The only question is if Prems end game is a SAP take over
    01-13-14 01:13 PM
    01-13-14 01:25 PM
    01-13-14 01:40 PM
    Halo dropping a bit too, will read into it when i get home

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 02:12 PM
    Morning Morgan,
    Just hoping you can enlighten me about this but when you use stock charts how do you determine what parameters to use? especially with the moving averages, how would you know which # to use because it varies so much. Before I was using the 50 MA but didn't know when to change it to get a better outlook. Greatly appreciate it! thank you
    As far as the moving averages go, you look at the long term averages, the 50, 100 and the 200 for breakouts and major support. But if you are trying to time the entrance or exit of a stock you look at the 3, 5, 7, 10, 13 and 20 for a hint. I call up a chart, I try out Simple Moving Averages like the 3,5,7,10 etc., and then I look at the 'expo" averages, same group, the 3,5,7,10 etc., until I figure out what the MM's are using for that particular stock. For BBRY, the 7-ema seems to work very well. The stock can drop below it but it bounces back fast and stays above it.

Today we have a big hit in the general market, bad news for BBRY in the form of a downgrade to sell, and yet, the stock is still holding onto that 7-ema. The volume is great and the stock is trying to maintain its uptrend momentum. You can't ask for more than that given the current level of the DOW today. Give it a try, find a stock, and try out a variety of moving averages until you find one that just touchs the bottoms or lows of the stock on almost every day of trade.
    01-13-14 02:16 PM
    I find it funny how shorts start to cover and now the financial post finally updates the image in there articles about blackberry to bb10 phones and not the old ones lol.

BlackBerry Ltd CEO John Chen hires SAP colleague for top sales job | Financial Post
    01-13-14 03:05 PM
    Lol, don't tempt me...

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 03:13 PM
    I find it funny how shorts start to cover and now the financial post finally updates the image in there articles about blackberry to bb10 phones and not the old ones lol.

BlackBerry Ltd CEO John Chen hires SAP colleague for top sales job | Financial Post
    Was about time !

Posted via CB10
    rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    01-13-14 03:14 PM
    Lol, don't tempt me...

Posted via CB10
    Tempt you to do what
    01-13-14 03:18 PM
    Tough day but pretty easy to accept after the run we've been on.

To the hold-outs and those that had the trust in their own analysis to buy at the ~ $6 lows. Kudos!

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    01-13-14 03:53 PM
    Interesting read on why NOT to trust some platforms:
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-1...g-dropout-jeep

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 04:06 PM
    Tempt you to do what
    To spread my crazy free thoughts about it

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 04:42 PM
    Interesting about Link... we might have some nice surprises, very soon
    http://crackberry.com/latest-blackbe...ts-bbm-desktop

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 04:45 PM
    Just read some of the comments at the bottom of the Financial Times article. Does anyone actually understand what people mean when they say BlackBerry are just copying Samsung and apple phones? What exactly would not be copying? Should BlackBerry be making phones with antlers or something? I'll stop because this isn't really know thread, but I've not seen anything like this anti-BlackBerry craze in my life. It's become hysterical, even though it is certainly dying down.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 05:04 PM
    Super fly please go ahead and share your thought or you can PM me and we can share are theories

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 05:41 PM
    Interesting read on why NOT to trust some platforms:
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-1...g-dropout-jeep

Posted via CB10
    "How ironic would it be if Blackberry, left for dead by virtually everyone, began marketing its products as the only smartphone that does not allow the NSA access to one's data (and did so accordingly). Since pretty much everything else it has tried has failed, we don't see the downside to this hail mary attempt to strike back at Big Brother and maybe make some money, by doing the right thing for once."

I feel like a lot of people have been saying this, but we have yet to see any kind of advertising or statement from BlackBerry to capitalize on this. Wouldn't it be a smart play, or would it not make sense strategically?

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    01-13-14 05:52 PM
    Thought I would post a quick chart on today's trade:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-chart-january-13-2014.png

We need to rally tomorrow in order not to have a prolonged correction. The uptrend line is steep and we need to keep it that way. That long downward channel is still intact for now.
    bungaboy, Randeman, zyben and 13 others like this.
    01-13-14 06:54 PM

It's actually a Bloomberg story carried by the National Post.

Bloomberg must have read our posts about them last week and have smartened up! LoL
    01-13-14 07:17 PM
    In the next 3 months we have a few Catalyst to move us higher.

1. Bbm 2.0
    2. 10.2.1 launch
    3. New phone launch for emerging markets

Anyone else see any possible catalyst

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 09:28 PM
    In the next 3 months we have a few Catalyst to move us higher.

1. Bbm 2.0
    2. 10.2.1 launch
    3. New phone launch for emerging markets

Anyone else see any possible catalyst

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully some major MDM accounts announced.

Posted via CB10
    zyben, rarsen, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    01-13-14 09:46 PM
    Yes I'd love to see that as well as some big qnx contracts

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    01-13-14 09:48 PM
113,252 ... 23452346234723482349 ...