View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Don't you guys feel that BlackBerry 10 devices once new 10.2.1 released officially, BlackBerry native apps + all android apps will mean better android than android, and plus more marketing, will be killing devices?

This single fact will scare the shorts and bring in more investors?

Posted via CB10
    I think that now all the bad new has come out and there is nothing but good new coming now the shorts are covering and will continue to do so
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-02-14 09:47 AM
    I think that now all the bad new has come out and there is nothing but good new coming now the shorts are covering and will continue to do so
    This and the fact there are other more profitable shorts opportunities out there.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, Corbu, plasmid_boy and 2 others like this.
    01-02-14 09:49 AM
    And let's look back 1 month in the mirror ...
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    #IlikeThat !
    01-02-14 09:50 AM
    Happy if this is finally shorts covering..they profited nicely off BBRY they probably will find a new target now, im hearing that shorts are piling onto twitter right now. If we can get the shorts to a reasonable level BBRY can trade regularly again imo and get back to atleast a decent valuation
    01-02-14 09:53 AM
    Weird day on SP this morning.

Attachment 235384
    LoL, looks like it is showing a finger.
    01-02-14 09:59 AM
    BlackBerry Focus on Software, Services, Support BBOS 7 Until Dec 2015

In the last earnings report, BlackBerry revealed that a whopping 3.2 million BlackBerry 7 devices were sold, versus only 1.1 million BlackBerry 10 smartphones.

It was clear that either the lack of certain core features or price points for BlackBerry 10 smartphones were not garnering the shift the company expected.

Managing Director of BlackBerry India, Sunil Lalwani, recently gave an interview discussing the company’s future. Lalwani acknowledged the company’s fault with BlackBerry 10′s release, saying “The inherent new features of BB10 had to be clearly articulated to end-users, which wasn’t done well, leading to issues like inventory build-up of the Z10, but after cutting the price, sales have picked up again.”

Software and services accounted for 60% of BlackBerry’s revenue last quarter, according to Lalwani. This is why BlackBerry will primarily focus on such ventures and leave little focus to devices.

BlackBerry will seek to cutting costs of current BlackBerry 10 devices, with the Q5 expected to receive a price cut by January in India. Lalwani says the company will no longer focus on the entry-level market with its next devices and has no future plans to re-enter the tablet space after the PlayBook.

With BlackBerry 7 smartphones still selling better than BlackBerry 10 devices, the company plans to support BlackBerry 7 until December 2015. “Then we will discontinue sales of older BB devices, and provide exchange offers and upgrade offers for existing BB 7 users, to move to BB 10 platform,” said Lalwani.
    And this:
    Devices will cease to be BlackBerry's focus area: Managing Director - Money - DNA

BlackBerry is an aspirational brand and we want to cater to that segment that values what BlackBerry brings to the table. We are not in a mass market share or price war game. Our focus is on profitability, on how much we are generating from every device sale and software and services revenues.
    01-02-14 10:57 AM
    Nice steady rise today...

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 11:00 AM
    Great news...leave that to others,(i.e.Foxxcom) it's a race to the bottom as devices comodasise.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 11:03 AM
    OT...looks like a decent storm coming to you east coasters, stay warm and safe.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 01-02-14 at 12:18 PM.
    01-02-14 11:32 AM
    I hate to sound negative.. but it's a bit frustrating to see how BlackBerry is (at least) 6 months late in everything they do.

I'm glad they finally "licensed" (kinda) BB10 to Foxconn. But it took a +5 billion dollar loss before anything was announced.

Where are the BES cloud services at the price of 1 cup of coffee per month? Where is cross platform BBM video call and Channels? I'm willing to bet that daily downloads of BBM are well behind Whatsapp right now, perhaps even Viber as it's a very popular service in countries such as Brazil.

I seriously hope they announce / launch something concrete at CES. I'm not sure I can handle another concept car right now. Show me the money!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Posted via CB10
    Korepab and austriker like this.
    01-02-14 11:40 AM
    OT...looks like a decent storm coming to you east coaters, stay warm and safe.

Posted via CB10
    Snowing outside my office right now, the worst is supposed to come between midnight and 7 A.M., should be an interesting commute in the morning. Expected to be at least 12 inches...

I ******* love the snow and would never trade to live year-round anywhere else.
    01-02-14 11:48 AM
    Agree to a point, however it's been a whole week since the ER, Today they announced end of life for some devices...it's all leading in the rite direction (I think)...certainly more encouraging than in the past.
    I'm Also hopeful for CES...CHEN did more than a subtle hint, that's encouraging too.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, sidhuk and Corbu like this.
    01-02-14 11:48 AM
    Agree to a point, however it's been a whole week since the ER, Today they announced end of life for some devices...it's all leading in the rite direction (I think)...certainly more encouraging than in the past.
    I'm Also hopeful for CES...CHEN did more than a subtle hint, that's encouraging too.

Posted via CB10
    I do like Chen's actions so far. But we need to see increased revenue from BES and QNX, which means their service offerings need to expand, and fast. As we all know, it takes time to optimize software, or before it gains any considerable traction among enterprise or prosumers. So if it's ever the right moment, I believe now is.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and rarsen like this.
    01-02-14 12:17 PM
    Snowing outside my office right now, the worst is supposed to come between midnight and 7 A.M., should be an interesting commute in the morning. Expected to be at least 12 inches...

I ******* love the snow and would never trade to live year-round anywhere else.
    LoL you must be in the Maritime Snow Belt . . . Moncton.
    bergeron37 and Randeman like this.
    01-02-14 12:17 PM
    . . . . Show me the money!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Posted via CB10
    John Chen has suggested you check back in at end of 2015.
    01-02-14 12:19 PM
    Also, I'm not happy with the way they announced that they would stop supporting BB7 at the end of 2015.

There's already some confusion on these forums whether they will stop selling, or stop supporting BB7 through BIS at this point. The first is probably true, but it's creating unnecessary noise for the company - after Chen had laid out his plan.

The article on N4BB mentioned that the MD stated the 'company would no longer focus on the entry-level market'.

Now is this his way of saying Foxconn will take care of this segment, will they not be targeting the Indian entry-level segment or is it just really bad (vague) reporting by N4BB?

In my view it doesn't matter. Because now it's BlackBerry's problem.. management should have learned their lesson by now.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    01-02-14 12:32 PM
    John Chen has suggested you check back in at end of 2015.
    I have no problem waiting - as long as these concepts start selling at some point! ;-) End of rant, going out for a beer!

Good night y'all.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    01-02-14 12:36 PM
    [joke] Did Geller get a bunch of BB10 devices ? [/joke]
    Looks like they read some lines around . Thanks, and welcome aboard M. Reed !
    About the shorts:

Seeking Alpha writer Bill Maurer notes that short sellers, those devious investors whom BlackBerry fans regularly attack for helping drive down the company’s stock, have eased their positions in the company, likely because they figure that they’ve already drawn as much blood as they can from it.
    [...]
    Full story on BGR's site : BlackBerry short selling analysis: less than in 2013 | BGR
    01-02-14 12:50 PM
    LoL you must be in the Maritime Snow Belt . . . Moncton.
    Just a little bit south...Boston
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    01-02-14 01:06 PM
    01-02-14 01:18 PM
    Just a little bit south...Boston
    Suburb of Moncton. LoL

More Maritimers in Boston than Fort McMoney.
    Shanerredflag, sidhuk and Randeman like this.
    01-02-14 01:21 PM
    Well boys I thought it was a good time to increase my position by 25 percent and brought my average down to $9.36
    01-02-14 01:27 PM
    Did she really ever do anything at all?

Posted via CB10
    austriker likes this.
    01-02-14 01:43 PM
    Did she really ever do anything at all?

Posted via CB10
    I think she collected a check :/

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, jake simmons3 and bungaboy like this.
    01-02-14 01:58 PM
    What is with the share price? Double camel or a lion? LoL
    And blackberry basher s kind of disappearing from this thread? I think so.
    Cyber bullying/manipulation/media trying to destroy a fine company who want to survive. Can it be done?

Yes, I just witnessed with my own eyes.
    I am not sure if today's media has the right to complain about NSA?
    Oh well. Who am I to complain? After all, it is business and bullying is a part of it.
    Lol.

Posted using Z30. Best phone in the world.
    01-02-14 02:19 PM
113,256 ... 23132314231523162317 ...