View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    A hypothetical question.
    If Foxconn take the Samsung approach (copy and flood the market) using BB10 with BlackBerry backing the innovation, will it succeed?

Posted via CB10
    The average consumer can't think for themselves. With good advertising it will work.

Posted via CB10
    jfguay2, bungaboy, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    12-23-13 07:10 AM
    Who the heck wants to work or listen to stuff like that for Christmas? You announce good news before Christmas so people get the idea that maybe they can go buy something instead of biting their nails.
    My mentioning the 25th was meant as a joke, in the context of a "JC" referenece... I guess I've still got to work at my one-liners!

And a good day to all!
    12-23-13 07:11 AM
    Who the heck wants to work or listen to stuff like that for Christmas? You announce good news before Christmas so people get the idea that maybe they can go buy something instead of biting their nails.
    LOL
    This was in reference to me referring to John Chen as the savior, or Jesus C. , with the same initials, hence the comment that the earnings call would have been better on the actual day the christ was born. Meant to be funny, but apparently wasn't.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 07:14 AM
    A hypothetical question.
    If Foxconn take the Samsung approach (copy and flood the market) using BB10 with BlackBerry backing the innovation, will it succeed?
    Posted via CB10
    If the price is right, I think it will. Especially with BBM and xBBM.

Besides, they're starting in Indonesia, where theyare huge BlackBerry fans. Just not fans of high-priced BlackBerry's. Saw it on T.V. and, as we all know, T.V. doesn't lie.
    12-23-13 07:28 AM
    My mentioning the 25th was meant as a joke, in the context of a "JC" referenece... I guess I've still got to work at my one-liners!

And a good day to all!
    I enjoyed your one liner

My beauty Z30
    bungaboy, sidhuk and Corbu like this.
    12-23-13 07:29 AM
    If the price is right, I think it will. Especially with BBM and xBBM.
    Just think it could be possible for tens of millions of them could sell. Plus tens of millions pre-loaded phones with bbm and tens of millions download on their own. We can have 200+ million bbm users in one year. How much would that be worth? Even at half or a quarter of twitter value.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Randeman and sidhuk like this.
    12-23-13 07:33 AM

And a good day to all!
    No. I got it right off. But one had to read several prior posts to get the full context.

Keep on with the one liners.
    sidhuk, BergerKing and Corbu like this.
    12-23-13 07:39 AM
    LOL
    This was in reference to me referring to John Chen as the savior, or Jesus C. , with the same initials, hence the comment that the earnings call would have been better on the actual day the christ was born. Meant to be funny, but apparently wasn't.

Posted via CB10
    And it was funny!
    Corbu, Randeman and sidhuk like this.
    12-23-13 07:41 AM
    A hypothetical question.
    Good question. Anybody's guess, I suppose... What I do like is the geographically-targeted approach, starting with Indonesia where, presumably, BBRY is still strong. So let's tackle that market and make it work there. Then, use the same approach elsewhere, etc. I think JC mentioned they had 6 or 7 countries in mind. Start from what is a relatively solid base rather than try and tackle the traditional markets such as the US, etc.

I am not very clear yet on FOXCONN's capabilities and goals but I seem to understand that they want to design, manufacture and market their own products. I'll post a China Post article from this weekend next.
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    12-23-13 07:43 AM
    Hon Hai eyes markets in Mexico, Indonesia - The China Post

Hon Hai eyes markets in Mexico, Indonesia

TAIPEI, Taiwan -- With a five-year contract recently signed with BlackBerry, Hon Hai Precision Industry (鴻海精密) is expected to build more budget smartphones for emerging markets in Mexico and Indonesia.

Foreign news wires on Friday cited BlackBerry's statement that Hon Hai Precision Industry, better known as Foxconn outside Taiwan, will make products for BlackBerry at plants in Indonesia and Mexico.

BlackBerry will own all of its intellectual property and handle quality assurance through Hon Hai Precision, the world's largest contract electronics manufacturer and still the chief manufacturer of Apple's latest iPhones and iPads. The deal lets BlackBerry offload some of the costs of its unprofitable manufacturing operations, helping it focus on corporate software and service.

After years of losing market shares to Apple and Google Inc.'s Android, BlackBerry is trying to make a comeback by zeroing in on business customers. “The Foxconn deal is also more practical now that BlackBerry is a shadow of its former self,” Bloomberg cited an analyst at Societe Generale in London.

Prior to BlackBerry, Hon Hai had announced partnership with InFocus and launched an InFocus brand smartphone in China, the first of many planned InFocus-brand products.

Also in June, Hon Hai Precision announced its plan to expand a recruitment program by hiring as many as 3,000 workers to support the development of new devices based on Mozilla's Firefox operating system.

While Apple is looking to Pegatron (和碩科技) to assemble its budget smartphone models, Hon Hai Precision is continuing to diversify its offerings beyond the iPhone and other Apple products.
    Hon Hai received 79 percent of Apple's iPhone orders in 2013, with the remaining 21 percent allocated to rival Taiwanese contractor Pegatron, according to the Deutsche Bank's estimates.

Hon Hai Precision to be Sole Supplier of 4.8 Inch iPhone

Hon Hai's share of the iPhone business will fall to 74 percent in 2014, however, compared with a 23 percent share for Pegatron and the remaining 3 percent share for a new entrant, Taiwan-based Wistron (緯創), the bank predicted.

For iPad assembly orders, Hon Hai's current 69 percent share is expected to drop to 63 percent next year as another new entrant, Taiwan's Compal Electronics (金寶電子), gets a 7-percent share, according to the bank.

Pegatron's 31-percent share of iPad orders will hold at about 30 percent in 2014, the bank said.

Nevertheless, Hon Hai Precision and Apple has taken their partnership to new depths. Hon Hai Precision Chairman Terry Gou (郭台銘) has recently announced robots and research-related investment plans in Arizona and Pennsylvania, a move believed to be responsible for building the bulk of Apple's products.

Foxconn Technology Group in China will be the sole assembler of Apple's next iPhone model, helping its total iPhone shipments grow by 13 percent in 2014, according to Deutsche Bank.

Exclusive production of the new iPhone, expected to have a 4.8-inch display and be launched in the third quarter of 2014, will help Hon Hai increase its total iPhone shipments, including the iPhone 5S and 5C, by 13 percent next year to 140 million units despite Apple's multiple-supplier strategy, the bank said.
    bungaboy, sidhuk, Randeman and 2 others like this.
    12-23-13 07:47 AM
    I am not very clear yet on FOXCONN's capabilities and goals but I seem to understand that they want to design, manufacture and market their own products.
    Among the companies that used to manufacture products for other companies before doing their own: Lenovo, Samsung, HTC. Blackberry is the perfect brand for a company like Foxconn to acquire since it still has a lot of cache in developing markets. The partnership with Blackberry accomplishes what Canadian law would not allow. By the time any sale is put forth, Foxconn will be designing, making, and distributing all of the hardware anyway.
    Corbu likes this.
    12-23-13 08:32 AM
    And the games continue. . . . .

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bb-dec-23-open.jpg
    12-23-13 08:37 AM
    Green

BB
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-23-13 08:50 AM
    And the games continue. . . . .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB Dec 23 open.JPG 
Views:	564 
Size:	58.6 KB 
ID:	232692
    A period of consolidation around $7-7.25 would be helpful here so no worries....... yet.........
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    12-23-13 08:58 AM
    12-23-13 09:04 AM
    Happy Monday all...me thinks we bounce around here for a while...and nothing has really changed concerning the sell side pressures. Let's see if CHEN has a couple more surprises yet unannounced to spike us higher.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 09:05 AM
    Happy Monday all...me thinks we bounce around here for a while...and nothing has really changed concerning the sell side pressures. Let's see if CHEN has a couple more surprises yet unannounced to spike us higher.

Posted via CB10
    Forgive the OT.

12-23-13 09:33 AM
    Lots of volume...
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-23-13 09:43 AM
    I always jump in here to check out the comments when the SP moves like this and can't believe its so quiet!

So let me say.... GREEN! HERE WE GOOOOO!!!!
    12-23-13 09:55 AM
    Good morning gang! I've been out for a bit setting up our new house and haven't had time to keep up with everything here. I'll be checking in as I can though throughout the Holiday season and want to wish everyone a safe and pleasant Holiday Season.
    12-23-13 10:02 AM
    I am quite surprised at the share price movement. I really expected some profit taking today.

This is very good news. The shorts must be bailing out a bit?

Matters not as I will take a steady rise. Thanks Santa (JC)

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    I always jump in here to check out the comments when the SP moves like this and can't believe its so quiet!

So let me say.... GREEN! HERE WE GOOOOO!!!!
    It's quite in here because everybody's busy fueling a rocket.
    Corbu, lcjr, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    Stupid stock market bbry was at fair market value after Fridays close. Great I said bbry was grossly undervalued and now I have egg all over my stupid know it all face.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 10:03 AM
    This comment is from last Monday:

Ryan Detrick Senior Technical Strategist of Schaeffer's Investment Research is optimistic on BlackBerry.

"I'm seeing some positives here," says Detrick. "We know this year's a terrible year – lots of people try to pick the bottom and they've been burned repeatedly. But, one thing I like: We think there could be something called a 'bear trap' happening right now."
    12-23-13 10:05 AM
    We've all been practicing meditation.
    12-23-13 10:09 AM
113,256 ... 22992300230123022303 ...