View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    From a general article with the list of companies which participated knowingly in spying PRISM operation:
    The year's top stories: Oracle crapware, Windows 8.1, the NSA, and more [2013 in Review] | ZDNet "
    I like this part.

The real story in the NSA scandal is the collapse of journalism

The story alleges that the NSA is “reaching deep inside the machinery of American companies that host hundreds of millions of American-held accounts on American soil.” It specifically names nine companies: Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Facebook, PalTalk, AOL, Skype, YouTube, Apple. And the story alleges, “From inside a company's data stream the NSA is capable of pulling out anything it likes.”

Within hours after the story broke, it had been amplified by other news agencies and tech websites and had inspired expressions of outrage over this invasion of privacy. And seven of the nine companies named issued categorical denials that they knew of or participated in any such program.

And then a funny thing happened the next morning. If you followed the link to that story, you found a completely different story, nearly twice as long, with a slightly different headline. The new story wasn’t just expanded; it had been stripped of key details, with no acknowledgment of the changes.
    Corbu, rarsen, zyben and 3 others like this.
    12-21-13 06:43 PM
    Well you hose heads. I'm outta here for the night. See you all tomorrow.

Did, like, all the trolls take off, eh?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbm_bob_doug_mckenzie.jpg
    12-21-13 09:09 PM
    Well you hose heads. I'm outta here for the night. See you all tomorrow.

Did, like, all the trolls take off, eh?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBM_Bob_Doug_McKenzie.jpg 
Views:	1362 
Size:	144.7 KB 
ID:	232240
    All quiet on the Western Front. Funny eh! Just like John Chen said. We are not taking *hit from anybody anymore...trolls beware...lol

Night night buddy!

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    12-21-13 09:15 PM
    All quiet on the Western Front. Funny eh! Just like John Chen said. We are not taking *hit from anybody anymore...trolls beware...lol

Night night buddy!

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    Yuppers!

Chen stated “And then I have certain areas where I would like to really beef up. We talked about it already a lot. And we have a good relationship on the manufacturing side of the equation that takes away the biggest chokehold on the company in the last two or three years. And now we’re ready to fight back.”
    12-22-13 10:16 AM
    Yuppers!

Chen stated “And then I have certain areas where I would like to really beef up. We talked about it already a lot. And we have a good relationship on the manufacturing side of the equation that takes away the biggest chokehold on the company in the last two or three years. And now we’re ready to fight back.”
    Too bad there is no "Love" button... Love this!
    12-22-13 10:58 AM
    Too bad there is no "Love" button... Love this!
    Sure sounds like you gotta case of . . . . .

Corbu, sidhuk and BergerKing like this.
    12-22-13 01:18 PM
    OT: On a similar theme . . . . GREAT Band! "the 70's, when music was great, and bands really played and sang"

Corbu, sidhuk and Superfly_FR like this.
    12-22-13 01:22 PM
    Sure sounds like you gotta case of . . . . .

Yeah! That's what I am talking about!

Love-Itis... for this new BBRY fighting spirit! Enough with the bullying already. Let's see them claw back and then get a bit of this:

bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    12-22-13 01:53 PM
    A moment to send out some positive waves and good vibes to our pal Morgan+8.

From my Z30 via CB10
    _dimi_, zyben, Corbu and 13 others like this.
    12-22-13 02:10 PM
    12-22-13 05:20 PM
    How do BlackBerrys do in the Chinese market? Are physical keyboards useful in a language like Chinese that contains so many characters?

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10!
    12-22-13 05:30 PM
    What are some predictions for tomorrow. You think we'll see some red after such a good day Friday?

My beauty Z30
    12-22-13 09:28 PM
    How do BlackBerrys do in the Chinese market? Are physical keyboards useful in a language like Chinese that contains so many characters?

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10!
    in China BBRY marketshare is close to zero....maybe they have better position in Hong kong or Taiwan but no more than 3% i believe
    3_M4N likes this.
    12-22-13 09:36 PM
    What are some predictions for tomorrow. You think we'll see some red after such a good day Friday?

My beauty Z30

Profit taking is a distinct possibility.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 09:37 PM
    I doubt it. The writing is on the wall for shorts. Bbry is grossly undervalued. Look what happened to NOK sp once they got rid of hardware. I think BlackBerry is now in a much better position then NOK. I like many here would love to hear M+8 thoughts after he is feeling better. Get well soon M+8

Posted via CB10
    12-22-13 10:17 PM
    Apple is going no where with their outdated and old iPhones. Cheap androids will continue to crush the outdated overrated and over priced iphones.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    12-22-13 10:20 PM
    I doubt it. The writing is on the wall for shorts. Bbry is grossly undervalued. Look what happened to NOK sp once they got rid of hardware. I think BlackBerry is now in a much better position then NOK. I like many here would love to hear M+8 thoughts after he is feeling better. Get well soon M+8

Posted via CB10
    Really no such thing as undervalued. That is an opinion, the stock market prices things to the tenths or hundreths of a cent and that is the value of the the stock. Friday was a nice stabilization day and Chen deserves all of the the credit in the world for that. Finally a plan and some urgency! Hopefully it is the beginning of a new phase for BBRY, but just take a look at a 6 month, 1, 5 or 10 year chart and you will see how much work BBRY has left to do. It does seem much more doable after hearing Chen on Friday, but it still very far from certain that BBRY will actually bounce back.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    12-22-13 10:39 PM
    Really no such thing as undervalued. That is an opinion, the stock market prices things to the tenths or hundreths of a cent and that is the value of the the stock. Friday was a nice stabilization day and Chen deserves all of the the credit in the world for that. Finally a plan and some urgency! Hopefully it is the beginning of a new phase for BBRY, but just take a look at a 6 month, 1, 5 or 10 year chart and you will see how much work BBRY has left to do. It does seem much more doable after hearing Chen on Friday, but it still very far from certain that BBRY will actually bounce back.
    I can't even respond to such a ridiculously made up opinion. It looks like the dark clouds are angry and bitter tonight.

Posted via CB10
    kfh227 likes this.
    12-22-13 11:03 PM
    I am not criticizing, just trying to understand. Are you suggesting that the market price is always correct or are suggesting that it needs not have any relation with real valuation?
    I'm also puzzled by your usage of stock price as a measure of the amount of work BlackBerry needs to do.

I personally really liked what Chen said, he seems very methodically. A puppet master, if you will.

Most investors see themselves as risk takers, but most are in fact risk adverse (jumpy investors). Chen calmed their nerves by effectively saying 'hey, we are not doing anything uncertain, we're simply focusing on things that we are already doing best, MEM, security, QNX, BBM, productivity, devices for productive people. No uncertainty here. '
    Awesome!

But I believe that in order for BlackBerry to succeed (as the BlackBerry we like it to be), it needs to win the handset business (I believe that it will). But for now, let's pretend that we are focusing only on things that we are good at.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 04:48 AM
    I can't even respond to such a ridiculously made up opinion. It looks like the dark clouds are angry and bitter tonight.

Posted via CB10
    This is a market view.
    In this perspective I believe it's pretty accurate.
    My POV differs but we must refrain from excessive expectations

Visit my BBM Channel !
    OMGitworks and rarsen like this.
    12-23-13 05:55 AM
    Plasmid Boy. I am saying the market picks value. The OP said the SP was "grossly undervalued" which means the market is inefficient and that he or she knows more than the market. I was just saying that the market sets value, not what you and I think it is worth. The gold bug people are a perfect example. They believe gold has some magical, historical intrinsic value, yet the price continues to fall. Things don't "have to be" sometimes they are just that way because they are. The market does establish what the value of BBRY is, try selling it for $15 today because the OP believes it is grossly over valued. That isn't going to work. The market may get it there, maybe even soon, but for now it's value is about $7/share. I suppose we could argue value v price, but hopefully we don't go down that road.

The good thing is that different opinions make a market and opportunity for people to make (and lose) money. The best thing is that Chen seems to really get it and has given BBRY a fighting chance.
    bungaboy and plasmid_boy like this.
    12-23-13 06:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not angry at all, just saying your opinion, which you are 100% entitled to, that the stock is grossly undervalued is much more opinion than the actual stock price. You can think whatever you want, but why you think what I said was a ridiculously made up opinion is perplexing. Was it more ridiculous or made up than your opinion that the SP is grossly undervalued? Mr. Market says otherwise, at least for now. Why you chose to get so angry over it is equally perplexing. Happy Holidays!
    12-23-13 06:04 AM
    The Earnings Call should have been scheduled for the 25th!
    Who the heck wants to work or listen to stuff like that for Christmas? You announce good news before Christmas so people get the idea that maybe they can go buy something instead of biting their nails.
    12-23-13 06:09 AM
    Things don't "have to be" sometimes they are just that way because they are.
    Yep. I agree.

The market does establish what the value of BBRY is, try selling it for $15 today because the OP believes it is grossly over valued. That isn't going to work. The market may get it there, maybe even soon, but for now it's value is about $7/share. I suppose we could argue value v price, but hopefully we don't go down that road.
    I think that was what OP was suggesting - that there is more value in BBRY than the market is pricing it.

The good thing is that different opinions make a market and opportunity for people to make (and lose) money. The best thing is that Chen seems to really get it and has given BBRY a fighting chance.
    Indeed!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, sidhuk and notafanboy like this.
    12-23-13 06:53 AM
    A hypothetical question.
    If Foxconn take the Samsung approach (copy and flood the market) using BB10 with BlackBerry backing the innovation, will it succeed?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    12-23-13 07:06 AM
113,256 ... 22982299230023012302 ...