View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Have they mentioned any details on the Foxconn deal? Are they basically giving them the hardware side for free or is it just a manufacturing deal?

Go Jets go!
    12-20-13 10:07 AM
    I think Morgan once said the stock would shoot up 10%+ JUST on a hardware partnership. So many this big rally isn't all that out of whack.
    12-20-13 10:07 AM
    Cramer is slightly misleading, I think.
    Corbu, rarsen, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    12-20-13 10:08 AM
    Well that is a lot of cash on hand. The write downs don't bother me too much. We knew the book asset value was way too high since the stock price was so low. This write down was built into the stock price already. The cash on hand gives BBRY lots of room to implement lots of stuff. The devices will still get made and that is key. They will just get made at the right level to get sold through. There will be no more massive inventories piling up. Two nice BB10 devices, one qwerty and one screen only can still be made. A few BB7 qwerty devices that are small, light and have great battery life while just sipping data will be available and at prices that even Google won't be able to beat. I like it.

Also I think security will continue to be a big selling point. How many more security breaches are people going to take before they recognize that this is key?
    ibpluto, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    12-20-13 10:09 AM
    My English no good.
    Can someone please let me know the antonym for 'bloodbath'?
    Bubble bath....especially the champagne variety.
    12-20-13 10:11 AM
    7.26 +1.01 (16.16%)
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-20-13 10:12 AM
    I'm lost. I was waiting to buy a whole bunch more cheap shares lol. What the hell does one do now? Do I just buy, or wait for the price to cool off later today, or next week???

I'm tempted to use half my spending money now and half next week...thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 10:13 AM
    Short squeeze happening ?? Up $ 1.00.....
    12-20-13 10:14 AM
    didn't see this coming. Up almost 6%!!! ....not complaining, but seriously WTF?

Whats causing this? Some shorts covering? Or did the street really like the Foxconn deal and what Chen had to say that good? Because not to be a debbie downer here, but the ER was s#*t ...LOL
    It makes sense to me. They just said they aren't going to sink billions more in purchase commitments into the hardware business. Foxconn is effectively taking on that responsibility and potential liability.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    dusdal and pantlesspenguin like this.
    I'm lost. I was waiting to buy a whole bunch more cheap shares lol. What the hell does one do now? Do I just buy, or wait for the price to cool off later today, or next week???

Posted via CB10
    Averaging in is not a bad idea. I personally wont be adding anymore because i have got my average down low enough. But If i was going to add more. I would add half now and half after new years
    Its so great to see upward trajectory on the stock. Really rooting for Blackberry!! Go BBRY!
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-20-13 10:17 AM
    Cant wait to see the short numbers on 1/12/2015
    12-20-13 10:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    That's what I'm doing I picked up some today at $6.57 sold a little at $7.70 now I'm just waiting till this all settles. If not it's still good since I still have some.
    This is my opinion not suggesting you do the same

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 10:19 AM
    $8.00 could save my calls..........

This rally is all about Chen and the conf call. He glossed over the terrible handset sales and revenue numbers and losses and told us about the plan for the FUTURE and how they plan to execute on it. He instilled some hope into the future and my guess is that was worth about a $1.00 or so today. We are still coming off of terribly low numbers, but at least it is headed in the right direction. Shorts still have plenty of room to cover so I don't see a big squeeze coming, though it is nice to see them be on the wrong side of an ER for the first time in many q's.

Perhaps someone can plan for a $10.00 party.
    dusdal, Corbu, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    12-20-13 10:20 AM
    How about a little Miley Cyrus for this rally? We can't stop and we won't stop...

www.youtube.com/embed/2mjvfnUAfyo?autoplay=1

lol

Go Jets go!
    12-20-13 10:21 AM
    Lol.... I feeling sick with a cold and so after I bought at $6.10 I went to sleep. No joke had a nightmare about bbry down 50%. Let's say I'm very happy.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-13 10:23 AM
    Perhaps someone can plan for a $10.00 party. [/QUOTE]

Haha $10 party... Woohoo almost even baby!

Go Jets go!
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-20-13 10:25 AM
    Just finished a great BBM video call with Antoine (Super Fly-Fr) while in his car on his way home. God I love BBM, wait til our xplatform friends get it. BBMx the real Trojan Horse! What a day!!!!!
    12-20-13 10:25 AM
    Lol.... I feeling sick with a cold and so after I bought at $6.10 I went to sleep. No joke had a nightmare about bbry down 50%. Let's say I'm very happy.

Posted via CB10
    More cold medicine or Jack will improve your dreams.
    12-20-13 10:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    You are timing the market and you blew it. Not a big deal, but this is the risk of timing the market and staying in cash on the eve of a big announcement. If the stock price "cools off" it will probably be due to bad news. But you can't undo this mistake. For a volatile stock like BBRY days like this will happen. Don't feel bad about missing this or at least no worse than all the other stocks that move one way or another and we miss out on them. Just enjoy that BBRY has a ton of cash on hand and looks like it has a chance of continuing as a viable company.
    bungaboy likes this.
    12-20-13 10:27 AM
    Just finished a great BBM video call with Antoine (Super Fly-Fr) while in his car on his way home. God I love BBM, wait til our xplatform friends get it. BBMx the real Trojan Horse! What a day!!!!!
    Sure it is great, but iOS has the same features. Apple will keep those iOS and OSX focused. So BBRY has the chance to be the cross platform communication App. But don't expect BBM to be light-years ahead of Message, iChat, Facetime, etc. from Apple. Apple is focused on bringing the same functionality, just like it now has Delivered and Read as part of Messages.
    12-20-13 10:30 AM
    Damn imagine if Chen was in 18 months ago. Sigh
    Posted via CB10
    He wouldn't have the tools he's got in hands.
    Just FTR : http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...months-878365/
    Stop that nonsensical 100% Heins bashing.
    12-20-13 10:31 AM
    Sure it is great, but iOS has the same features. Apple will keep those iOS and OSX focused. So BBRY has the chance to be the cross platform communication App. But don't expect BBM to be light-years ahead of Message, iChat, Facetime, etc. from Apple. Apple is focused on bringing the same functionality, just like it now has Delivered and Read as part of Messages.
    IOS can do wi-fi calling?
    IOS can do Facetime cross platform? (future feature but we know it will be here soon for BBM)
    IOS can do voice call cross platform? (future feature but we know it will be here very soon for BBM)
    IOS can do screen share?

Just to name a few IOS cannot do by nature of its closed platform.
    12-20-13 10:36 AM
    BBRY Dec 21 2013 8.0 Call 800 11/01/13 0.6502 520.19 -- 0.01 8.00 -512.19 -98.46%
    HALOZYME THERAPEUTICS, INC. 115 09/06/13 9.1359 1,050.63 -- 14.79 1,700.85 +650.22 +61.89% Short-term
    Totals: 1,570.82 1,708.85 +138.03 + 8.79%

How much fun can you have for 3 months and still make a whopping $138.03.........

Time to close it all out and enjoy the holidays and get ready for next year. I am glad for the longs that today is a very good day, not quite good enough for me, but I would have never been in BBRY or HALO but for the people here so at +100 or so and hours of entertainment, I think this thread is great in my book.
    12-20-13 10:36 AM
    My English no good.
    Can someone please let me know the antonym for 'bloodbath'?
    ChampagneBucket ?
    12-20-13 10:38 AM
113,250 ... 22942295229622972298 ...