View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    let's go !
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-19-13 03:31 AM
    Today is the day. I feel it. Up and to the right.
    I am hopeful but not expecting it...the premarket is pretty dead.
    02-19-13 05:41 AM
    A flood of bad news on Google today...expect the bears to be our in full force.
    02-19-13 06:18 AM
    I am hopeful but not expecting it...the premarket is pretty dead.
    Maybe they "unplugged" the computers to avoid snowball effects wake up, traders !
    02-19-13 06:19 AM
    BBRY related? I just see the same stuff we've been seeing there since mid week: Jim b dumps shares, UK may or may not actually be successful, etc. So far no actual news.

I'm still hoping for some good announcements this week.
    02-19-13 06:27 AM
    A flood of bad news on Google today...expect the bears to be our in full force.
    BBRY related? I just see the same stuff we've been seeing there since mid week: Jim b dumps shares, UK may or may not actually be successful, etc. So far no actual news.

I'm still hoping for some good announcements this week.
    Have a nice read ... more than positive ... extremely positive (optimistic ? You'll tell me !)
    Crunching The Numbers: BlackBerry Severely Undervalued - Seeking Alpha

edit : up $14.22 in pre-market right now
    bungaboy and flyingsolid like this.
    02-19-13 06:29 AM
    Hey, the opposite of what I said might happen actually did...that must qualify me to be an analyst! lol
    Tinomane, neteng1000, q649 and 3 others like this.
    02-19-13 06:46 AM
    Have a nice read ... more than positive ... extremely positive (optimistic ? You'll tell me !)
    Crunching The Numbers: BlackBerry Severely Undervalued - Seeking Alpha

edit : up $14.22 in pre-market right now
    Meh. Seeking alpha

Interesting though.
    02-19-13 06:59 AM
    Hey, the opposite of what I said might happen actually did...that must qualify me to be an analyst! lol
    lol : granted !
    $14.37 up 1.52% smooth start, but in the right direction.
    02-19-13 07:00 AM
    looking at a solid start. We should have some good news coming in the next few weeks (sales numbers maybe, opening US, earnings report) and we might see some 'buy the rumours' action from now on, pre-market high 14,52
    02-19-13 07:09 AM
    looking at a solid start. We should have some good news coming in the next few weeks (sales numbers maybe, opening US, earnings report) and we might see some 'buy the rumours' action from now on, pre-market high 14,52
    News That Wasn't News: Samsung's Enterprise Move Against BlackBerry - Seeking Alpha
    Quite simply every bear raid is an opportunity to chase the reversal; in Wall Street parlance, "Sell the rips and buy the dips." As this continues the market should naturally grow weary of the 'Headline' noise emanating from known news outlets quoting Bearish analyst. The headlines will lose their effect just as those outlets lose credibility, and the arbitraging of rips and dips should end.
    AlexejKir likes this.
    02-19-13 07:14 AM
    Thanks for the article, I try to avoid reading articles from seekingalpha etc, unless there is some tangible evidence used.

We all know that this BBRY trashing is purely manipulation to buy lower. However as seen in the charts, the bottom is higher and higher, and tougher to break which of course is beneficial for us, who are here for the long run.
    02-19-13 07:26 AM
    News circulating as if it's new that Canaccord Genuity cut price target (10 to 9) - but this was done on Feb 8. Couple of places picking it up without providing a date, makes it looks like today...

Premarket says it's not fooled, but volume is still pretty low (370k)
    Markymark 23 likes this.
    02-19-13 07:31 AM
    Thanks for the article, I try to avoid reading articles from seekingalpha etc, unless there is some tangible evidence used.

We all know that this BBRY trashing is purely manipulation to buy lower. However as seen in the charts, the bottom is higher and higher, and tougher to break which of course is beneficial for us, who are here for the long run.
    Absolutely manipulation. If BBRY was truly a dead horse it wouldn't be getting any attention.
    Mr.Conviviality likes this.
    02-19-13 07:31 AM
    Absolutely manipulation. If BBRY was truly a dead horse it wouldn't be getting any attention.
    Also, I would like to note that the stock is being influenced by overall market performance, which last week was also volatile and redish.
    _dimi_ likes this.
    02-19-13 07:36 AM
    That's not strictly true. As long as various investors/hedge funds/etc see money to be made (whether short or long) they'll keep trying to do just that.

Consider: If you really believe you're right and the firm is headed for liquidity, and are investing for a medium time range... shorting now is a really good idea because you think it's going to be sold for parts at somewhere between 6 and 9 dollars per share. And if it goes to bankruptcy the stock will sell for pennies - practically a wet dream.

Whether or not that's what will happen (obviously most of us believe that it won't) is something we'll need a crystal ball to decide. Until someone brings out that crystal ball, analysts and large investors will continue to have their fun.
    02-19-13 07:40 AM
    That's not strictly true. As long as various investors/hedge funds/etc see money to be made (whether short or long) they'll keep trying to do just that.

Consider: If you really believe you're right and the firm is headed for liquidity, and are investing for a medium time range... shorting now is a really good idea because you think it's going to be sold for parts at somewhere between 6 and 9 dollars per share. And if it goes to bankruptcy the stock will sell for pennies - practically a wet dream.

Whether or not that's what will happen (obviously most of us believe that it won't) is something we'll need a crystal ball to decide. Until someone brings out that crystal ball, analysts and large investors will continue to have their fun.

I'm long and buy more on the dips. I was doing the buy low sell high thing but found it to be too time consuming with a stock this volatile.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-19-13 07:49 AM
    I'm long and buy more on the dips. I was doing the buy low sell high thing but found it to be too time consuming with a stock this volatile.
    I've also found it's usually not worth it monetarily if you're buying/selling at low volume (less than a thousand shares or so) - too much gets eaten up in commissions. (Though on those days where we swing 20% in one direction or the other... still worth it ... if you can time it right.)
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-19-13 07:55 AM
    I guess its only beef up version than S3. No physical home button, more battery life,
    better camera and so on. No revolution or shocking effect. Its gonna be miserable.

yeah, the 5in form factor means a different market. I personally dislike the galaxy because it is a bit excessively large. Great screen and features, but you need big pockets to hold it. at almost 25% smaller, the Z10 carries a sleeker look
    02-19-13 07:56 AM
    I've also found it's usually not worth it monetarily if you're buying/selling at low volume (less than a thousand shares or so) - too much gets eaten up in commissions. (Though on those days where we swing 20% in one direction or the other... still worth it ... if you can time it right.)
    I was buying and selling 5000 shares
    02-19-13 08:03 AM
    News circulating as if it's new that Canaccord Genuity cut price target (10 to 9) - but this was done on Feb 8. Couple of places picking it up without providing a date, makes it looks like today...

Premarket says it's not fooled, but volume is still pretty low (370k)
    The part about their "channel checks" with limited supply cited as the reason for early post-lauch stock-outs and only modest sales levels, along with their cutting of shipment estimates from 1.75 million to 300K units in February... again aren't hard figures from BB, but they are something to at least consider.
    02-19-13 08:23 AM
    The part about their "channel checks" with limited supply cited as the reason for early post-lauch stock-outs and only modest sales levels, along with their cutting of shipment estimates from 1.75 million to 300K units in February... again aren't hard figures from BB, but they are something to at least consider.
    Problem is it's all just noise. Those that have a buy rating are finding great sell-through. Those that have a sell rating are finding poor or modest sell through.
    02-19-13 08:28 AM
    Canaccord Genuity cut price target was just mentioned on bloomberg.. of course they dont mention the 19,50 predictions by many others..
    02-19-13 08:29 AM
    BBRY is stable with pretty low volumes this morning.

Edit: So much for being stable, it's up and down and now it's up! Hopefully it stays up.
    Last edited by Andrew4life; 02-19-13 at 09:01 AM.
    02-19-13 08:44 AM
    any valuations under $10 at this point are nonsense. if blackerry sold or went bankrupt today, that would be what it might get. however, its not doing thst, and is selling a hot new phone with a new OS. theres zero reason for the stock to not run far higher.

there seem to be a lot of bearing news that is outdated or pointless. (such as the samsung "SAFe" servers which is simply a stupid acronym and has nothing to gloat over blackberry besides a mimicing
    Marc_Paradise and bungaboy like this.
    02-19-13 08:48 AM
113,250 ... 223224225226227 ...