View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    So the drop in SP from $8's was more a cause of shorts then long term holders selling? The SP makes no sense to me as it seems to be trading below cash and assets and valuing the company at zero or less. I invested because of bbm and the cash and assets plus the company is a huge freebie to me.

Posted via CB10
    It was a mixture of both.
    11-26-13 07:38 PM
    I am so sick of the shorts already. I'm also convinced that an employee or employees at BlackBerry were/are feeding earnings details to shorts. For example, prior to the Q1 conferences call, bearish analysts were already conceding that Q1 would likely surprise to the upside. Shorts didn't blink. Instead, they continued to add to their positions. Q1 results came in and BlackBerry missed expectations. This still haunts me. Either the shorts have people "in the know" at BlackBerry, or they know some very important people at the carriers.

Posted via CB10

PS. Posting this from my new Z30. It is absolutely stunning. I always thought I'd have trouble converting from a physical keyboard to a touch screen. BlackBerry has proven me wrong.
    jxnb, cjcampbell, Corbu and 11 others like this.
    11-26-13 07:45 PM
    11-26-13 07:51 PM
    Anyone else notice that BB took off on the TSX before close?
    11-26-13 08:52 PM
    Wow... that's quite the spike there.
    11-26-13 08:52 PM
    Wow... that's quite the spike there.
    Looks like someone picked up 3 quarters of a million shares in the last 2 minutes.

That's close to half the average daily volume.

Strong signals for tomorrow.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-26-13 08:56 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-bb-tsx-nov-26.jpg
    Superfly_FR, rarsen, jxnb and 2 others like this.
    11-26-13 08:57 PM
    Looks like someone picked up 3 quarters of a million shares in the last 2 minutes.

That's close to half the average daily volume.

Strong signals for tomorrow.
    Cover those shorts!

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    11-26-13 09:02 PM
    M8...you're going to be a rock star if a big deal gets announced soon.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    11-26-13 09:19 PM
    Historically shorts have been right for many years and as I suspected inside information had to do with their confidence. They will have to cover at some point but just matter of when. As I said many times that shorts have been trading for months and longs that did not exist will not exist now. Will they be right again for December call. Most likely yes. But as sp drops bit more not much left to skin the cow and they will start covering slowly.

Posted via CB10
    fedakd and bungaboy like this.
    11-26-13 09:33 PM
    The companies success has zero relationship to short interest.

Posted via CB10
    11-26-13 10:32 PM
    http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/11...GottaBeMobile)

Fair...nothing new, but fair.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-26-13 10:36 PM
    BlackBerry Messenger Aims for More Devices in New Deal

Fair...nothing new, but fair.

Posted via CB10
    I'm hoping this was a typo as he doesn't seem like he knows what he is talking about. lol

"However, this deal isn’t with leading US partners like Samsung, LG, or HTC, "
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-26-13 10:44 PM
    Mind you some of these own deals are old news. Samsung, micromax was done long time ago

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-26-13 10:59 PM
    Yea, the price cuts are necessary. But if BlackBerry can't keep holding on till the next update release and new phone launchs, I don't see why they can be like apple with their iPhone 4s's and 5's. They have 2 gigs of ram, and idk if that's enough because I know 4's and 4s's kinda suck with iOS7, but it could last....more than the life cycle of iPhones atleast. You don't think their C-Series is supposed to be a low priced phone? (from the sound of it I can tell it's not high-end). I think they'd be foolish to over price this one unless it really is a beast.

Posted via CB10
    I'd guess that between the ram and efficiency improvements in BB10 OS as it matures that the current phones could have solid life. But that is if there is money to continue to develop BB10 and there is no unforeseeable tech problem.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 12:14 AM
    Well, this is sure interesting

BlackBerry Messenger, WhatsApp Dominate Messaging Market Downloads on Apple Devices

Read more at BlackBerry Messenger, WhatsApp Dominate Messaging Market Downloads on Apple Devices | TruTower

sidhuk, Superfly_FR, W Hoa and 9 others like this.
    11-27-13 12:23 AM
    So the drop in SP from $8's was more a cause of shorts then long term holders selling? The SP makes no sense to me as it seems to be trading below cash and assets and valuing the company at zero or less. I invested because of bbm and the cash and assets plus the company is a huge freebie to me.

Posted via CB10
    The reason this can make sense is if the company is going to spend that cash and those assets are deteriorating. But yes this is a very pessimistic stock price. I certainly think there is some future here for bbry.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-13 12:25 AM
    For the record, my thoughts last night : "what will happen within the next 6 months has to be credited to former C-level team".
    bungaboy, jxnb and lech31 like this.
    11-27-13 02:53 AM
    oh ... just found randomly that it is not limited to physical KB ... this is my Z30 under 10.2.1.1055 (settings within the phone app: keypress speed dial)
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_00001228.png
    11-27-13 04:29 AM
    Superfly,

Unless the plans have been completely rewritten.

I have to say I don't think the previous management did a bad job, it was a different job.

Heins' main focus was to cut costs and make it more efficient.

Boulben's job, I don't think, was ever to create some lavish marketing. It was to consolidate the branding and marketing under one umbrella.

Now the new management have a different job, different tools for different jobs.

Now it is time to market, sell, change public perception etc.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and rarsen like this.
    11-27-13 05:02 AM
    For the record, my thoughts last night : "what will happen within the next 6 months has to be credited to former C-level team".
    So when they shut down BB10 - you will be crediting this to the former C-team?
    11-27-13 06:27 AM
    I SERIOUSLY hope not or BBRY may well be doomed.....
    gg22 likes this.
    11-27-13 06:56 AM
    So when they shut down BB10 - you will be crediting this to the former C-team?
    Forgot to mention that here, but I did in the dedicated thread.
    Of course, yes, unless drastic changes or suicide occurs in this time frame (very unlikely to happen)

I SERIOUSLY hope not or BBRY may well be doomed.....
    It's only about decision life cycle.
    What's happening now and next months will be the direct result of past management actions.
    Icing and promotion enhancement can (hopefully will) be done, yet the fundings are former team results :
    - OS 10.2.1
    - BBMx
    - BES 10.2
    - BES in the cloud
    - Z30
    edit : I forgot Scroon (this one is for F.B)

I hope (believe) Chen's team will deliver (faster) new success keys.
    Again, I don't play the contrarian just for the pleasure. I do agree 100% with Komoto's post above (sry, out of thanks).
    11-27-13 07:21 AM
    But, not the share price.
    plasmid_boy and peter9477 like this.
    11-27-13 07:33 AM
    Happy Thanksgiving people.
    11-27-13 07:54 AM
107,414 ... 22332234223522362237 ...