View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    Fwiw, picked up a q5 for work use to add to my Z10 personal phone. Took Bell 2 weeks to receive some Q5's. Rep said they sell quite a few. I'm loving the change. Never again will I use a Samsung.
    11-15-13 09:57 AM
    11-15-13 10:12 AM
    I am hoping that BlackBerry will make an announcement saying "Hey Android developers, you are welcome to deposit your APKs into BlackBerry World without any changes. If you want to test it out before hand, we will give a Z10 to do so."

Posted via CB10
    This won't append. Only signed stuff (read: bars).
    As I answer to this before I read below it might have been posted before - sry - but if not, check it out :
    Talking OS 10.2.1 and Android apps on BB10 FAQ, w/ BlackBerry's Alec Saunders | CrackBerry.com
    These were essential points (A. Saunders' responses):

1. Why apk direct ?
    It's offering "more choice for more customers because that's what customers have asked us to do."
    (those ranting now, may remind they asked BB to listen ... well, they did)

2. Android Security (for Enterprises)
    As for IT departments that are weary of Android, the good news here is that the management of running apps on BlackBerry 10 doesn't change. You cannot run an .apk file within the work perimeter.
    3. Leaks : Good or bad (Kevin speaking)
    And look - this is one of those times where I'm going to personally go out on a limb here and say installing leaks is good. Very good. The loyal CrackBerry members out there are the best damn beta testers BlackBerry has. And we'll be trying out Android .apks galore. So download like mad, test everything, and post about everything in the forums - whether you're finding great success, issues, etc. Your posts will not go unnoticed.
    Gang, I may say I don't give a $[_]17 for these Android apps. Now I've got them installed on my Z30 (CandyThing, InstaThing and Shazoom), the point is ... it's not for ME. But my young lady girl is now - sometimes - looking at my screen and ask "do you have xxxxx ?". Then I dive into 1mobile.com, perform a search and say : "yes". Anf this is a game changer, I can feel it in her eyes ... yet, the hype is 5s ... hard to fight against that with a 14yo girl ...
    Korepab, jxnb, Randeman and 5 others like this.
    11-15-13 10:52 AM
    Fwiw, picked up a q5 for work use to add to my Z10 personal phone. Took Bell 2 weeks to receive some Q5's. Rep said they sell quite a few. I'm loving the change. Never again will I use a Samsung.
    Hey ontariomystic ! Welcome to the CrackBerry Community !
    we're honored to get your very first post here and congrats for your BB10 devices !
    Just take a few minutes to set your profile and maybe jump here for a short intro : Introductions - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    Once you go CrackBerry ... you know the tune

Cheers !
    SF

P.S: PK; you too know what I mean (/privateJoke)
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-15-13 10:59 AM
    Sure, but can't it be converted on the way to BlackBerry World?
    I mean devs upload their APKs, BB converts them into bars and deposit into BB World.
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-15-13 11:05 AM
    Sure, but can't it be converted on the way to BlackBerry World?
    I mean devs upload their APKs, BB converts them into bars and deposit into BB World.
    Converting is not only transforming APKs into BARs.
    It's also signing the code.

This signature is a unique key that will grant the user that the dev himself has produced the app.
    AND
    Will provide evidence of ownership if ever the app was found - say - problematic. Cannot say "it's not me"!

2ways trust ...
    11-15-13 11:49 AM
    Blue Ridge Capital Hedge Fund buys BB
    "John Griffin initiated holdings in BlackBerry Ltd. His purchase prices were between $7.95 and $11.53, with an estimated average price of $9.73. The impact to his portfolio due to this purchase was 0.22%. His holdings were 2,345,000 shares as of 09/30/2013."
    Nice to see a big boy putting money into BB without getting a sweetheart deal.
    The same brain surgeon also bought 500,000 shares of Tesla at an average cost of $193.77. 52 week high and all time high $194.50. Currently down 35% on that one too.

I guess his skills in catching falling knives and capturing rising stars are about equal.

EDIT: In other news, HALO hits an all time high today. Trying to figure out how to lock in HALO profits is much more fun than trying to figure out how to manage the BBRY. losses.
    Last edited by OMGitworks; 11-15-13 at 12:56 PM. Reason: HALO
    11-15-13 12:48 PM
    Our favourite Greek writes about BlackBerry. Musings about BBM...

BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): One Small Step For BBM, One Giant Leap For BlackBerry - Seeking Alpha
    sidhuk, plasmid_boy, jxnb and 3 others like this.
    11-15-13 12:53 PM
    EDIT: In other news, HALO hits an all time high today. Trying to figure out how to lock in HALO profits is much more fun than trying to figure out how to manage the BBRY. losses.
    Thanks for this.

I, for one, am grateful to morganplus8 and others, here, who have opened my eyes to some other interesting stocks. I am not forgetting about the main object of this thread, though.
    11-15-13 01:23 PM
    Our favourite Greek writes about BlackBerry. Musings about BBM...

BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): One Small Step For BBM, One Giant Leap For BlackBerry - Seeking Alpha
    Thanks. You beat me to the punch!

I would like to propose that someone (Bueller? Bueller? Anyone...?) here that can reach out to George, to invite him to this thread. We (I especially), would like to thank him for his efforts, and reasonable thinking skills that he contributes when times are tough for us.

Alternately, we should also invite the other bloke Mark McQueen, that has been a BlackBerry fan for ages, who sold his shares, and replace d his Q10 due to frustration (back when). I say this, because he just recently put out a fair article explaining his thoughts, and gave BlackBerry a solid hand clamp for making good progress in the newer OS release. I think we owe him an apology when we ragged him out for complaining about BlackBerry, as he ended up being correct.

Mark's reply Article for anyone interested:
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/1816...t?source=yahoo
    Randeman, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    11-15-13 01:27 PM
    Ok, night gang !
    11-15-13 01:41 PM
    In Nigeria, Airtel to provide a BBM 'bundle' on Android and iPhones by offering unlimited data usage for BBM for less than US $2 a month

Lagos Leading Telecommunications service provider, Airtel Nigeria, has become the first service provider to create a special Blackberry Messenger (BBM) bundle for the teeming number of Nigerians who now use the Blackberry Messenger (BBM) for Android and iPhones.This bundle provides great opportunity and access for Airtel customers to chat with friends, family and loved ones, as much as they want with the monthly plans, which allow unrestricted data usage for BBM-related activity within a 30-day subscription window.

Weekly and Daily plans respectively.The Airtel special BBM daily plan attracts N100 charge; the Weekly plan goes for N200 while customers can activate the Monthly plan for N300.

All these plans enable customers enjoy a full month BlackBerry Messenger access.According to the Chief Operating Officer and Executive Director of Airtel, Deepak Srivastava, the newly introduced BlackBerry Messenger Bundle for Smartphone, which is coming less than a month after global launch of service, affirms the companys innovativeness and customer-centricity.

The demand for BlackBerry Messenger on smartphones is unprecedented and as a company that thrives on innovation and customer satisfaction, we had to be swift in providing our customers with added value and further delight their BB service experience with the BBM bundle plans. In addition, the offering will enable our customers to experience the efficacy and robustness of Airtels 3.75g service, he said. -

See more at: Airtel unveils BBM bundle for smartphones - Vanguard News
    11-15-13 01:58 PM
    In Nigeria, Airtel to provide a BBM 'bundle' on Android and iPhones by offering unlimited data usage for BBM for less than US $2 a month
    Just wait until BlackBerry adds the voice and video to xBBM. They may have to modify the price of their unlimited data plans.
    sidhuk, rarsen, zyben and 4 others like this.
    11-15-13 02:08 PM
    11-15-13 02:15 PM
    As I answer to this before I read below it might have been posted before - sry - but if not, check it out :
    Talking OS 10.2.1 and Android apps on BB10 FAQ, w/ BlackBerry's Alec Saunders | CrackBerry.com
    These were essential points (A. Saunders' responses):

1. Why apk direct ?

(those ranting now, may remind they asked BB to listen ... well, they did)

2. Android Security (for Enterprises)

3. Leaks : Good or bad (Kevin speaking)

Gang, I may say I don't give a $[_]17 for these Android apps. Now I've got them installed on my Z30 (CandyThing, InstaThing and Shazoom), the point is ... it's not for ME. But my young lady girl is now - sometimes - looking at my screen and ask "do you have xxxxx ?". Then I dive into 1mobile.com, perform a search and say : "yes". Anf this is a game changer, I can feel it in her eyes ... yet, the hype is 5s ... hard to fight against that with a 14yo girl ...
    I miss run keeper for tracking my runs. I can't wait to get it on my z10.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 03:19 PM
    Wow, a few gurus are buying.

Luis bacon Moore (has large number of stocks)

And two with concentrated portfolios are buying john griffin with fifty stocks and Irving kahn who has fourth three.

Posted via CB10
    Randeman likes this.
    11-15-13 03:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    I just installed 10.2.1.1055 on my Z10. So far I installed Amazon Android store app. From the store I installed Candy Crush Saga (I don't play it, but just for testing). Seems to be working ok, but needs more testing. Amazon store is kinda slow right now.
    Maybe this could be a way for you to get your app sooner?
    Randeman and bungaboy like this.
    11-15-13 03:25 PM
    I just installed 10.2.1.1055 on my Z10. So far I installed Amazon Android store app. From the store I installed Candy Crush Saga (I don't play it, but just for testing). Seems to be working ok, but needs more testing. Amazon store is kinda slow right now.
    Maybe this could be a way for you to get your app sooner?
    Forget the apps... how do you like the OS features? Anything of note?
    sidhuk likes this.
    11-15-13 03:35 PM
    Fairfax now has a 17.7% stake in BlackBerry.

http://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/da...135dsc13da.htm

Sent from my Nexus 5 using CB Forums mobile app
    11-15-13 03:41 PM
    Just restoring backup right now - taking a long time.
    Will report back...
    cjcampbell, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    11-15-13 04:24 PM
    Remember when you switched from HDready to full HD ? Feel the same. Was fun on my Q10, but on my Z30... it's just... wait, I've not finished to track all the good out !

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-15-13 04:34 PM
    Just restoring backup right now - taking a long time.
    Will report back...
    Hum... I for one never restore. Full clean install... but reportedly shouldn't be a problem... GL !

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and plasmid_boy like this.
    11-15-13 04:36 PM
    Btw if you plan to install APKs my advice is clear. Don't question: go 1mobile.com with your browser. What else ? If you know how to read: nothing. So easy it's indecency !

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Randeman and plasmid_boy like this.
    11-15-13 04:38 PM
    Just wait until BlackBerry adds the voice and video to xBBM. They may have to modify the price of their unlimited data plans.
    Don't compare Nigerian rates with U.S
    In Kenya I had a prepaid 1GB data plan and 1H international calls for less than $20 at the airport. Guess it was tourist rates...

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Randeman like this.
    11-15-13 04:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    2 taps later...
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_00000003.pngThe BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_00000002.pngThe BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_00000004.png
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 11-16-13 at 02:57 AM.
    Korepab, bungaboy and kfh227 like this.
    11-15-13 04:49 PM
106,814 ... 21982199220022012202 ...