View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Just got an email from Verizon "The BlackBerry Z30 Has Arrived".

- Called AT&T to inquire about them carrying the Z30. If they won't, I will switch to Verizon.
    - Operator/rep did not see in her system.
    - Moved up the chain of command.
    - Confirmed AT&T will carry the Z30. But no indication of when it will be. Operator/rep personally suggested that it might be around the holiday season.
    - I said that I have been with AT&T for a long time and like the service, so I am willing to wait, but not for too long.

Hope that this is helpful to anyone here that uses AT&T.
    I bet they are in a tizzy to get the Z30 now.

What is going on, all kind of good news and BBRY remains flat.
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 11-14-13 at 02:30 PM.
    11-14-13 02:18 PM
    The z30 exclusive for Verizon was always simply "no-one else as this moment wants it" - might be a web only deal if it comes to AT&T?
    11-14-13 02:29 PM
    Now that we have unlocked Android run time to close the app-gap, what's next?

How about increasing awareness. The fact that no one knew that BB has a new OS was bad for sales, but looking forward it's good thing because we can say that 'hey, we have a new phone!'

Here is an idea for a commercial:

A young 30 something professional guy in fashionable business clothing holding a Z30 going up against a snobby kid with pimped out clothing holding a gold iPhone 5s and a nervously giddy kid with black-framed glasses holding an Android for a typing competition.
    Alex Trebek opened a category "What's your favorite smartphone?"
    Ting-Ting (red light flashes) - Z30 screen shows "The new BlackBerry Z30 Smartphone"
    On the iphone screen "ipho "
    On the Android phone "The quadcore Samsung S "

Alex points at the Z30 "The BlackBerry Z30 - the fastest keyboard on a smartphone!"
    In the background the iphone kid playing candy crush, the android kid installing a new skin, the Z30 dude just approved a design for a new graphic on a skateboard.

BlackBerry - get things done!

Alright, back to work...
    11-14-13 02:38 PM
    Now that we have unlocked Android run time to close the app-gap, what's next?

How about increasing awareness. The fact that no one knew that BB has a new OS was bad for sales, but looking forward it's good thing because we can say that 'hey, we have a new phone!'
    That would require them to actually spend some serious cash and they don't seem to want (or be able) to do so...

Anyone know how many units were with Pfizer?
    11-14-13 02:39 PM
    They updated BBM for Android today. It's definitely faster and now you can share your pin on any platform with one function. I would love to see them redesign it though in order to go in line more with newer Android/iOS UIs.
    plasmid_boy, Randeman and sidhuk like this.
    11-14-13 02:40 PM
    That would require them to actually spend some serious cash and they don't seem to want (or be able) to do so...

Anyone know how many units were with Pfizer?
    Emailed my contact there (Scientist, not IT guy). His answer "no idea, but I am keeping mine, and everyone in my team!"
    11-14-13 02:52 PM
    "chat �chaud� craint l'eau froide" (since there's no hot news, it gives you time to translate, I'll collect copies within 5 minutes.
    Background on this here: chat échaudé craint l’eau froide - Wiktionnaire
    11-14-13 03:12 PM
    Not good, Pfizer asking employees to move away from BlackBerry.

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/201...-of-maker.html
    11-14-13 04:25 PM
    Not good, Pfizer asking employees to move away from BlackBerry.

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/201...-of-maker.html
    What kind of a bull**** statement is that??

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 05:22 PM
    What kind of a bull**** statement is that??
    The official statement or the memo?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    11-14-13 05:26 PM
    BlackBerry Pushes Out OS 10.2.1.1057 SDK Beta for Developers (Crippled OS) http://www.berryreview.com/2013/11/1...s-crippled-os/
    bungaboy and Bacon Munchers like this.
    11-14-13 06:10 PM
    Let me go on a bit of a rant...

Reading the latest news and headlines (Pfizer Ditching BlackBerry, Citing Its ‘Volatile’ State - Bloomberg / The BBM Honeymoon Ends (but a New Phone Is on Sale) - Canada Real Time - WSJ), I am getting irritated by the fact that BBRY can't seem to do anything right or get any credit for such (e.g. the new OS is not even a year old and, quite frankly, it has evolved considerably). BBRY is getting kicked around by the media, the markets, everyone...

We have been through the Strategic Review. That boat seems to have sailed, for better or for worse. I, for one, am anxious and impatient for the new CEO to set a new vision for BBRY and start being both proactive in delivering the company's message and hitting back to counter the negative perception that seems to be associated to BBRY, rightly or wrongly. Let's establish a clear strategy, start communicating it and do whatever is required for BBRY to stop being bullied around by most everyone.

Granted, BBRY has its large share of the blame: it's been through some self-inflicted turmoil, it can't seem to market anything (I have the uncomfortable feeling that it may well fumble the ball with BBM-x which should be a formidable asset), it's communication strategy is inexistent, etc.

The new CEO says he is committed to "Reclaiming our Success". We obviously have to give him time but concrete measures and announcements won't come too soon. Referring back to his message, a nice starting point could be getting to determine precisely what he means by: "We have begun moving the company to embrace a multi-platform, BYOD world by adopting a new mobility management platform and a new device strategy".

It may well be that these guys know what they are doing and that things will start to unfold. Who knows? One thing is for sure: it's about time!

Sorry for the rant, guys... had to get it off my chest. Thanks for reading. I think I'm ready for a drink. Cheers!
    11-14-13 06:34 PM
    ^^^ Yes^^^
    This is the feeling for "Allot", (thanks) of folks...uncertainty breeds bad press...CHEN's first order of business better be cleaning this aspect up....fast. We know the OS is great, we know it's world class....CHEN's job is to convince the markets, the rest will look after itself.
    11-14-13 07:43 PM
    Shares of BlackBerry Ltd. (BBRY) are down .05 to 6.47 today. The stock is trading near the 52-week lows.

Today paper bought 6867 BBRY Jan 2015 5 puts for .17. The ADV is 112,656 contracts. The OI is 39,000 contracts.

The volume went up in one block and it looks like closing paper. Check the OI tomorrow but the decay has come out of the puts since the big drop from $8.

30-day implied volatility is 60%. 10-day implied volatility is 90%. 30-day implied volatility is trading the below 10-day historical volatility.

BlackBerry Limited, formerly Research In Motion Limited, is a designer, manufacturer, and marketer of wireless solutions for the worldwide mobile communications market.

Read more: Big Buy of BBRY Puts | The Options Insider
    The Options Insider: Your Inside Source For Options Information
    11-14-13 09:33 PM
    This idea was floated when the Touchpad bombed - any board who has a plan of "then when we write it down..." should be sacked... it's only credible if they spend a lot of time with the Mayor of toronto.
    I'd applaud the contingency plan. It's an if, not a when though.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 11:50 PM
    I'd applaud the contingency plan. It's an if, not a when though.

Posted via CB10
    Ah but the the idea advanced was not that this was a contingency plan that this was the plan all along - which has to be either nonsense or the board were more incompetent than we thought.

Are we going below 52 week lows on friday?
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    11-15-13 01:06 AM
    Re APK downloading, what will the impact be on security? Unless the experience is limited when comparing it the Android experience (some features won't work / apps won't work at all), surely it will have implications for security? I'm very curious why they decided to enable this feature as of now, and having the answer to the question above could lead me there..

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 06:31 AM
    Re APK downloading, what will the impact be on security? Unless the experience is limited when comparing it the Android experience (some features won't work / apps won't work at all), surely it will have implications for security?
    The standard answer will be that the apps are running in a sandbox. This ignores the fact that a malicious app can still do a lot of damage in a sandbox. For example, it would be trivially easy to phish people's banking credentials by faking one of the banking apps that people really want and putting that on some dodgy site.

"OMG, look what I found, with 10.2.1 I finally have the Citi app! It hangs after I login for some reason, but don't let anyone say we don't have banking apps!"

Of course with a little more effort, you could hack the actual Citi app, add your work to collect passwords, and distribute that app.

I'm very curious why they decided to enable this feature as of now...
    Because apps matter, and they are desperately trying to save BB10.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by app_Developer; 11-15-13 at 07:14 AM.
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    11-15-13 07:03 AM
    Blue Ridge Capital Hedge Fund buys BB
    "John Griffin initiated holdings in BlackBerry Ltd. His purchase prices were between $7.95 and $11.53, with an estimated average price of $9.73. The impact to his portfolio due to this purchase was 0.22%. His holdings were 2,345,000 shares as of 09/30/2013."
    Nice to see a big boy putting money into BB without getting a sweetheart deal.
    morganplus8, sidhuk, jxnb and 8 others like this.
    11-15-13 07:04 AM
    Blue Ridge Capital Hedge Fund buys BB
    "John Griffin initiated holdings in BlackBerry Ltd. His purchase prices were between $7.95 and $11.53, with an estimated average price of $9.73. The impact to his portfolio due to this purchase was 0.22%. His holdings were 2,345,000 shares as of 09/30/2013."
    Nice to see a big boy putting money into BB without getting a sweetheart deal.
    Assuming they didn't sell in the meantime, that "big boy" lost 33% of their investment in about three months. Whoever made that call must be kicking themselves.
    11-15-13 07:35 AM
    Ah but the the idea advanced was not that this was a contingency plan that this was the plan all along - which has to be either nonsense or the board were more incompetent than we thought.

Are we going below 52 week lows on friday?
    How many other tech companies have gone through an OS transition where their entirely new OS didn't run on any of their old devices?

Doesn't really happen in the PC world.
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-15-13 07:44 AM
    How many other tech companies have gone through an OS transition where their entirely new OS didn't run on any of their old devices?

I'm not sure how PCs are relevant? It's not really a point about specific tech, it's a point that no sensible business starts from a place of saying "we are going to launch a product that we then will write down in six months" - they might have contingency plan for when that happens, they might have done scenario plans for the cost if and when it occurs, they have know it's a risk and might likely happen but no business I have ever heard of start with that as the deliberate plan.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-15-13 08:01 AM
    I'm not sure how PCs are relevant? It's not really a point about specific tech, it's a point that no sensible business starts from a place of saying "we are going to launch a product that we then will write down in six months" - they might have contingency plan for when that happens, they might have done scenario plans for the cost if and when it occurs, they have know it's a risk and might likely happen but no business I have ever heard of start with that as the deliberate plan.
    The "emergency stop" scenario I've mentionned earlier tends to demo that. Not a dime on promotion for Z/Q 10 ... because it'll have dig more or at least dry the cash reserve. And they had - and still have - only one shot in the bank ...
    11-15-13 08:13 AM
    "Are we going below 52 week lows on friday?"

This sure won't help:
    "BlackBerry downgraded to Underperform from Neutral at Macquarie
    Macquarie believes a break-up of BlackBerry is unlikely and reduced subscriber estimates. Price target lowered to $5.50 from $7."

Man, I am so tired of BBRY in the role of the doormat.
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-15-13 08:21 AM

I am hoping that BlackBerry will make an announcement saying "Hey Android developers, you are welcome to deposit your APKs into BlackBerry World without any changes. If you want to test it out before hand, we will give a Z10 to do so."

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, sidhuk, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    11-15-13 08:30 AM
113,256 ... 21972198219922002201 ...