View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Especially with not much news coming in the next month or so.
    they fabricated bad news yesterday, so they can do that as much as they feel like it.....
    bungaboy likes this.
    02-14-13 09:05 PM
    yeah, im quite heavily invested in this play as well but i dont let my emotions get the best of me. Its one thing for people to ask for advice, but another to come here and just complain about the stock. Also im not trying to patronize anyone im just telling it how it is.
    Just don't treat those in this thread as though they have any common viewpoints on this. You've seen some people despairing, and others hyping it up, but probably very rarely if ever was it the same person doing both. Even if you can identify individuals who swing that far, don't paint the whole crowd with the same brush with the "you guys" thing. ... most of us have never even met.
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    02-14-13 09:07 PM
    they fabricated bad news yesterday, so they can do that as much as they feel like it.....
    I meant "not much good news" to help swing the stock up.
    02-14-13 09:10 PM
    So...I'm thinking up into the 16.50 realm tomorrow...nice finish for the week.
    Tom689 likes this.
    02-14-13 09:14 PM
    I meant "not much good news" to help swing the stock up.
    oh, they can make that up as well.....
    02-14-13 09:34 PM
    While the hedge fund media outlets were screaming for investors to hold and or keep buying AAPL they were selling it to retail. LOL when will retail learn not to trust these liars?

Big hedge funds fueled fourth-quarter dive in Apple shares | Reuters
    Tom689 and bungaboy like this.
    02-14-13 09:37 PM
    I just did a retail check at Pacific Centre in Vancouver; Six locations.

All had stock, all had a huge launch day, and it was a top seller last week. One said it was bigger than the iPhone launch. Still solid sales but interest has died down noticeably.

Most had a pretty good idea of what makes the z10 unique.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-14-13 09:43 PM
    1. Nice low volume pullback on no real news over the last week of trading
    2. Strong reversal on high volume bounce from bottom of uptrend channel
    3. RSI and Stochastics show plenty of room to run, and MACD still positive

My money is on a move to $20 - $21 if we can break through resistance at $18.

Here's the real BOOM...if US release gets pushed up to early March then that news would probably hit the wires towards end of Feb.This would coincide with the MACD crossing into positive divergence, sprinkle in some positive App news, and we have lift off to $24 - $25 pre-earnings.

I missed a golden opportunity this morning because I'm not allowed to trade at work, but I backed the truck up at $12.70 during the post launch massacre, so I'm not too mad. Perhaps soon I won't have to worry about work rules if I can trade this $12.70 block. Then I just ride my core position from July and Sept into early retirement!!
    02-15-13 12:01 AM
    Originally Posted by gp656
    Great article! Maybe that's why they hired Bert Nordbergand and are pulling out of Japan me thinks there's a deal brewing with Sony.

Charles Martin1;
    Wouldn't that be wonderful?!

Licensing BB10 with Sony would be huge! Great hardware, tablet and laptop integration, PlayStation, etc...win win! Two giants in their respective industries that would benefit from a positive shake up like this. I hope that things are actually brewing between them!!!
    Would sony really cover the low end of the market, I always thought of them as a bit of a premium brand? Unless the idea here is to specifically target the Japanese market?
    fedakd and Superfly_FR like this.
    02-15-13 01:30 AM
    Would sony really cover the low end of the market, I always thought of them as a bit of a premium brand? Unless the idea here is to specifically target the Japanese market?
    I don't necessarily see Sony entering a partnership at the low end (but I suppose they would be capable, given their huge supply chain clout)

The excitement would be in Sony's high end hardware specs/capabilities and cross platform opportunities (tablets , laptops, gaming console, tvs, mp3 players, cameras, *car stereos, etc). BlackBerry and BB developers would benefit huge in terms of flourishing its ecosystem across Sony hardware, and Sony stands to gain from a unique, trusted and *secure* OS that can tie everything together . (As it stands right now, Sony is getting drowned out in the iOS and Android noise - only Apple and Samsung are truly making money on hardware sales, so BB10 can help them differentiate)

Sony's world leading hardware combined with BB's rock solid software and embedded infrastructure would be a perfect match... A lot of pros and not many cons - ie, I wouldn't foresee much negativity on the security front, versus a deal that was previously rumored with Lenovo.
    Last edited by m0de25; 02-15-13 at 02:25 AM.
    02-15-13 02:09 AM
    Just remain calm [...] DONT PLAY WITH MONEY YOU ARE NOT WILLING/ABLE TO LOSE!
    ^THIS we manage to repeat again and again, 'cause we are passionate noobs, not masochists.

You guys are hilarious, and its funny how the sediment of this thread is just as volatile as the stock. One day you guys are complaining/moaning, and next you guys are jumping for joy. Just remain calm, and if you sincerely believe in the product/company than why panic!? Seems like a hand full of people in this thread are not in the position to be investing in BBRY, since they are not ready/able to lose they money they have invested, and are over extending themselves.
    ^THAT is a bit harsh and mostly inaccurate; "people in this thread" that are not very comfortable with trading have (for most) adopted a simple position; acting with this stock as if BlackBerry was private.

Yes we do overreact on dips and highs and we can shout hoos and haas like watching a football game ... but - excepted the few of us that have noticeable knowledge - we stand (and stay calm) in that long position; we do not sell. Maybe some will buy more, or try a risky sell high / Buy low maneuver but I believe those "hilarious people" are not idiots (maybe my limited English is why I believe this is the understatement of your post). Just go back to history and read all the bitter and mockery we received at first ... we're not traders; just Joes. We put money here because we believe (for over 2 years now) that Thorsten Heins plan is accurate and BB10 is the future. That's our mantra and I believe we, the lucky idiots-amateurs, have now a performance (150% in my case) many, I mean every trader will love to print on his pedigree. My (5) restaurants (equivalenced value) only turned into a nice bicycle right now, but I do expect them to become a pretty nice used car before my daughter is 18 (< 4 years).

This long tirade wouldn't have any sense (provided it's understandable lol) without noticing also all the friendly advices, explanations, warnings, laughs, smiles and good time this thread has provided to most of us. I'm the clown here and have never pretended doing anything but experimenting with fire, at my own and measured risks.

Across these 5370+ posts, I believe we've learned a lot and that alone worth the tiny amount of bucks I've placed in the stock. So please, feel very welcome to participate and share with us your knowledge but please avoid blind judgment and obscure technical points of view. Instead, join the bunch of wise contributors who share their knowledge with patience and noticeable pedagogy thus help us to set the borders we should not cross or lead to actions we might consider. Again, I thank them here.

Thank you
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 02-15-13 at 08:23 AM.
    02-15-13 02:34 AM
    and Sony stands to gain from a unique, trusted and *secure* OS that can tie everything together
    And we ALL know too well that Sony could do with a guaranteed secure OS backing them, after they were breached... TWICE in 2011

BBC News - Sony warns of almost 25 million extra user detail theft
    Sony suffers second data breach with theft of 25m more user details | Technology | guardian.co.uk
    02-15-13 03:32 AM
    Correct me if Im wrong but dont the options expire today
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    02-15-13 03:53 AM
    Honestly, if BB wants to succeed in Japan, just get Maria Ozawa or Saori Hara as your spokesperson.

*Don't google those names if you are under 18 or at work BTW.

Ready for some more curveballs tomorrow... I predict BB goes down to $1.50 then last minute sky rockets to $32 near close.
    robtanz, bungaboy and Tom689 like this.
    02-15-13 03:55 AM
    Honestly, if BB wants to succeed in Japan, just get Maria Ozawa or Saori Hara as your spokesperson.

Ready for some more curveballs tomorrow... I predict BB goes down to $1.50 then last minute sky rockets to $32 near close.
    Lol, those are familiar names but there are better candidates if you like some names.
    02-15-13 04:00 AM
    Correct me if Im wrong but dont the options expire today
    Yes. Will there be much upward momentum from it I wonder...
    gp656 likes this.
    02-15-13 05:00 AM
    Sitting at $15.35 in the premarket. Should cap off the requirements for a key reversal, according to morgan.

I'm expecting a busy day for the high frequency trading algos.
    02-15-13 05:39 AM
    Just ordered my phone, I'm excited, had to tell someone.

My main issue now is will it continue up now all the way to a new high, or will we see another drop in between.

I dont want to be greedy and try to sell at top to buy at bottom, but it is tempting when the volatility is so high. I think i could have tripled my money by now if i had done that and still got in at 13 which is my average atm on one account.
    02-15-13 06:02 AM
    Smiles everyone, Smiles!
    No matter what happens today, its going to be a fun ride!
    02-15-13 06:15 AM
    BlackBerry's Return Means No More King Of The Hill

BlackBerry's Return Means No More King Of The Hill - Seeking Alpha
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    02-15-13 06:19 AM

I am going to save those names on my phone and look them up tonight when I'm alone.
    morganplus8 and Kid Vibe like this.
    02-15-13 07:29 AM
    seems like ok PM volume and some steady gains for the last half-hour, tapering off a bit now though.

Maria Ozawa - oh my!
    02-15-13 07:29 AM
    BBRY is the most active stock this morning in pre-trading and is holding the gains from last evening.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-15-13 07:48 AM
    Rogers conference call just said z10 strong sales
    cjcampbell, Corbu, q649 and 3 others like this.
    02-15-13 08:05 AM
    Rogers conference call just said z10 strong sales
    I'd like to know what "strong" means though.
    02-15-13 08:06 AM
113,252 ... 214215216217218 ...