View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    if they parcel off BBM to Facebook, that might be all they need.
    But what is BBM??

Is it simple an standalone application that can be "parceled" out to someone else?

Right now it (and most things BlackBerry) rely very heavily on BlackBerry Network, without that network what is BBM? How easily could a buyer build their own network? What patients and license would they need from BlackBerry to do that?

I didn't realize just how many messaging platform there are there today, but there are over 50 major messaging apps out there. Some like LINE that I have never heard of before, but they have over 200 million users. And already have many of the features that BBM "plans" to offer.
    • Multiplatform (truly multiply)
    • Optional address book syncing
    • Real-time confirmation when messages are sent and delivered
    • Share photos, videos, music and more with people
    • Send current or any specific location
    • Send stickers and emoticons to friends
    • Create and join groups where you can chat and share media
    • Bulletin boards (up to 100 people at once) for groups
    • Add friends through the use of QR code
    • Add friends by shaking their phones simultaneously
    • Direct Pop-out message box for easier reading and replying
    • New Timeline and Home page features on iOS and Android
    • Additional access via multiple personal computers (Windows or Mac OS)
    • Personalized Themes
    • Web Based App

And it is FREE... them make money off of social games that can be played within the app and charging for business accounts.

I'm not saying that LINE is better or will even appeal to the same group of people as BBM. Just that it is a VERY crowed market already and that BBM is going to face a number of obstacles in growing and maintaining their user base beyond the launch.
    BBdotTO likes this.
    10-29-13 03:01 PM
    Wasn't there some quote from some guy a week or so ago who said that there was something too convoluted about this deal and that it was structured in a way that made it very difficult for anyone to put together a bid for this company?
    10-29-13 03:02 PM
    But what is BBM??

Is it simple an standalone application that can be "parceled" out to someone else?

Right now it (and most things BlackBerry) rely very heavily on BlackBerry Network, without that network what is BBM? How easily could a buyer build their own network? What patients and license would they need from BlackBerry to do that?

I didn't realize just how many messaging platform there are there today, but there are over 50 major messaging apps out there. Some like LINE that I have never heard of before, but they have over 200 million users. And already have many of the features that BBM "plans" to offer.
    • Multiplatform (truly multiply)
    • Optional address book syncing
    • Real-time confirmation when messages are sent and delivered
    • Share photos, videos, music and more with people
    • Send current or any specific location
    • Send stickers and emoticons to friends
    • Create and join groups where you can chat and share media
    • Bulletin boards (up to 100 people at once) for groups
    • Add friends through the use of QR code
    • Add friends by shaking their phones simultaneously
    • Direct Pop-out message box for easier reading and replying
    • New Timeline and Home page features on iOS and Android
    • Additional access via multiple personal computers (Windows or Mac OS)
    • Personalized Themes
    • Web Based App

And it is FREE... them make money off of social games that can be played within the app and charging for business accounts.

I'm not saying that LINE is better or will even appeal to the same group of people as BBM. Just that it is a VERY crowed market already and that BBM is going to face a number of obstacles in growing and maintaining their user base beyond the launch.
    it is social media and social media tends to be free and yet not exactly Free when it comes to the stock market just go ask Facebook and Twitter. and so give the experts of social media control over BBM and see what happens...
    bugs2011 likes this.
    10-29-13 03:26 PM
    it is social media and social media tends to be free and yet not exactly Free when it comes to the stock market just go ask Facebook and Twitter. and so give the experts of social media control over BBM and see what happens...
    Yes...this! On a personal note, if I see too many more ad's (from Me) (that I never sent or authorized) going out over MY Twitter account I will be deleting them for good...what a sneaky distastefull way to market!
    Randeman, bungaboy and jxnb like this.
    10-29-13 05:15 PM
    http://www.streetinsider.com/Rumors/..../8821806.html

Not sure if this has been posted. Too lazy to check back...

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 05:21 PM
    Yes...this! On a personal note, if I see too many more ad's (from Me) (that I never sent or authorized) going out over MY Twitter account I will be deleting them for good...what a sneaky distastefull way to market!
    Wait... what? they send Spam tweets in the name of account owners?

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 05:26 PM
    Well, haven't posted in a while, been sitting back. Saw many postings from the regulars today and that got me going. In the last little while, I average down from 11.80 to 10.44, but off course, average down means you have more of it. My 1000 share gives me control over 0.00019% of the company, so I wanted to assure you 9$was not going to cut it!

I may have to do SEC filing as soon as I am over 10%, which I am getting closer to!

Kidding aside, my Z30 is on the way people, so I am one excited monkey.

Keep it real!

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 05:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    Interesting...

A buddy of mine warned me the other day that he thought my Twitter account had been hacked into since he received spam like that from me. Cant believe it is Twitter's doing...

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Shanerredflag and sidhuk like this.
    10-29-13 05:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yaa but...
    10-29-13 05:33 PM
    Yaa but...
    I think it was a serious question. Or, if not, consider me to have just asked the same thing, seriously.

I don't want anything going out looking like it's from me, advertising something. Holy carp batman...
    10-29-13 06:50 PM
    BlackBerry (BBRY) Might Be One Smart Buy for Facebook (FB), Here's Why...

Not sure if this has been posted. Too lazy to check back...

Posted via CB10
    FaceBerry or BlackBook...
    Randeman, sidhuk and JLagoon like this.
    10-29-13 06:53 PM
    I think it was a serious question. Or, if not, consider me to have just asked the same thing, seriously.

I don't want anything going out looking like it's from me, advertising something. Holy carp batman...
    lol...my statement above was serious, I will be deleting if they continue down that path.... I do not go on Twitter often but have been using a bit more frequently lately to search trends, that's how I noticed the spam. There are some decent info finds searching Twitter but alas, most are kids...or worse
    10-29-13 07:04 PM
    10-29-13 07:49 PM
    I think you're looking at two metrics here - downloads and active users.
    The 10million in 24 hours is downloads.
    The article mentions 20million active users.

So in reality there could be tens more millions of downloads but we don't have that metric (yet).

Posted via CB10
    Technically correct but I'm sure BBRY is being very generous on what it considers an active user. If their definition of active is if you sent a message in last week then all recent downloaders are active since they tested the service. They also might be talking to a crackberrian who insists on using bbm. But if it is just that one relationship it is hardly a big deal.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-13 08:47 PM
    We are expecting news any day now via partnerships in Europe, they were to happen on Friday of last week but there was no date set in stone. Pharma stocks are weak at the moment and this news will definitely move the stock. I'm holding onto HALO, selling my IAG on the next pop and looking to buy some XOMA on any dip. Not much else to say on HALO for now, shouldn't have to wait much longer and the news will come out of Europe soon. GL
    PS BlackBerry is so quiet, I'm sure most of us expected to hear BBM numbers today!!! Where are they?
    As always good to read your post Morgan. Thanks for your info. These passed few day HALO as well as ACAD been down and it made me wanted to give up, but after I read your post, I decided to hold on till ER. I also have IAG and today was big drop. Is there any reason you are selling it. Thx
    Randeman likes this.
    10-29-13 09:16 PM
    OT was just watching White Collar newest season, main character is using a Z10 =D...ok back on topic
    bungaboy, Randeman and zyben like this.
    10-29-13 09:40 PM
    OT was just watching White Collar newest season, main character is using a Z10 =D...ok back on topic
    I watch that show too. It is a great show, and the featured phones are Blackberry mostly. I was surprised to see the Z10 in the new season.
    bungaboy and slipstream89 like this.
    10-30-13 04:08 AM
    NCG Banco Chooses BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 to Manage BYOD Environment
    NCG Banco Chooses BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 to Manage BYOD Environment - MarketWatch
    10-30-13 05:54 AM
    Here is a cautionary tale as to why a firm's fate should not be decided by government:

Ottawa rejects Telus€™s second attempt to buy Mobilicity - The Globe and Mail

Let the market decide Mobilicity's and BlackBerry's future not some bureaucrat on the hill.
    10-30-13 06:39 AM
    Here is a cautionary tale as to why a firm's fate should not be decided by government:

Ottawa rejects Telus€™s second attempt to buy Mobilicity - The Globe and Mail

Let the market decide Mobilicity's and BlackBerry's future not some bureaucrat on the hill.
    I can appreciate that but these are two different scenarios. One is dealing with domestic competition and the ease of introducing new competition to the market place, the other would be dealing with both keeping technology and business within Canada, and national security for Canada and other partner nations. I'm all for the gov stepping in if, for example, a Chinese gov owned company makes a bid for the company. This would be one of the few times I'm for them stepping in.
    10-30-13 07:07 AM
    Kidding aside, my Z30 is on the way people, so I am one excited monkey.
    Posted via CB10
    Forgot to rub it in: I am getting this baby through the employee purchase program, for 399$, through someone I know that works at BBRY.
    I am surprised that that friend is letting me in on this since I have been bothering him everyday since I bought shares, to ensure he gives his 100% to his job (protecting my investment) I haven't even allowed breaks for him for the last six months. Consider me lucky to get the Z30 through him!!

Cheers again,
    10-30-13 07:29 AM
    As always good to read your post Morgan. Thanks for your info. These passed few day HALO as well as ACAD been down and it made me wanted to give up, but after I read your post, I decided to hold on till ER. I also have IAG and today was big drop. Is there any reason you are selling it. Thx
    bbnation!!

You might be following each of these stocks too closely. ACAD dropped during the Obama-scare shut-down and then rallied hard along with all other biotech stocks. It is currently setting up for a push back above $ 25.00/shr with higher lows on each cycle and will be much better off in the weeks ahead. Look for it to close above $ 25.00/shr to resume its march North from here.

As for HALO, it is making 52 week closing highs, correcting on no news back to it's 20-ema and rallying hard again, setting itself up for another push to 52 week highs. Support this time around is at a higher low at $ 11.29/shr and we bounced off that number yesterday and will rally now. We hit it yesterday so look for a rally above its 3-ema and new closing highs trying to take out $ 12.50/shr.

IAG has rallied from $ 4.35/shr to $ 5.50/shr, it has pulled back to it's 50-dma yesterday and now is ready to move higher as well. In every case, these stocks are recovering from the Obamascare/Government shut-down which has nothing to do with their prospects for the future.

BlackBerry is sitting on its 20-ema as of yesterday's close and looks to begin its first rally since the official Q2 numbers came out. With Nov. 4th a matter of days away, we will see it start to rally hard from here. I don't know how many of us would hate to see Prem make an official offer at this stage. I like the company as a going concern and a partnership. There must be a dozen companies looking at BBRY but no one is going to move on a deal until Prem loses his rights to the breakup fee. So we wait for him to come back to us with a formal offer. I would hope that he extends his due diligence period minus the breakup fee with BBRY, not sure if that will happen though, I can dream can't I?

The next few days are going to be really exciting so good luck and be patient in all of your investments sir!!
    10-30-13 07:39 AM
    Thanks for the update Morgan, I actually got back in on HALO yesterday at exactly $11.29.
    BlackistheBerry and abouthsu like this.
    10-30-13 08:07 AM
    What's everyone's opinion on Facebook looking at BlackBerry books? are you ok with Facebook buying? Do you think Facebook will even bid?

Posted from My all in one beauty Z10
    10-30-13 08:20 AM
    Btw everyones favorite patent troll Wi-Lan might be putting itself up for sale.
    bungaboy and Randeman like this.
    10-30-13 08:25 AM
107,104 ... 21392140214121422143 ...