View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    THIS!!!!
    They really screwed themselves by announcing they are for sale. Now everyone believes the "blackberry is going bankrupt" spin. Consumers will not buy the handsets so hardware is going to be a bigger liability moving forward. The write down of hardware in Q2 means they can recoup some of that writedown in Q3 from those sales which will add revenue from 'no cost' of the product, but Q3 numbers will be dismal.

They need a hardware division sale or partnership ASAP. Then they can focus on enterprise and BBM and not sell the entire company. I would give the hardware division to Lenovo for $340M which will mean the Guv can't even stop that sale (under the threshold for government 'review).
    10-27-13 01:09 PM
    Glad y'all appreciated the humor as it passed by. It has been an intense month with the daughter's wedding, several other events, and finally getting a decent set of wheels for my wife that I haven't had a lot of time to visit. I've seen a report here and there, but otherwise, looks like y'allhave been up to tthe usual.
    10-27-13 01:10 PM
    They really screwed themselves by announcing they are for sale. Now everyone believes the "blackberry is going bankrupt" spin. Consumers will not buy the handsets so hardware is going to be a bigger liability moving forward. The write down of hardware in Q2 means they can recoup some of that writedown in Q3 from those sales which will add revenue from 'no cost' of the product, but Q3 numbers will be dismal.

They need a hardware division sale or partnership ASAP. Then they can focus on enterprise and BBM and not sell the entire company. I would give the hardware division to Lenovo for $340M which will mean the Guv can't even stop that sale (under the threshold for government 'review).
    I like that idea...lease the OS/ patents on top of sale price.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk likes this.
    10-27-13 01:12 PM
    Or a couple of woody peckers?

Lol

Posted via CB10
    ummmm.... ouch?
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-27-13 01:33 PM
    Thanks Morgan!!!
    morganplus8 likes this.
    10-27-13 02:25 PM
    In the event BBM had channels, voice, and video calling cross-platform, it should easily garner half of the valuation Microsoft paid for Skype ($8.5B for 170M users). If we do have 100M users by Monday, BBM can easily be said to be worth Billions. There is no way with such a large institutional ownership, they tender their shares to Prem for $9! Especially considering the AMAZING success of BBM-X.

Personally, I think they are preparing for a joint venture to get rid of their hardware costs. The success of BBM-X must have many suitors' mouths watering . Way undervalued here.
    Users are different than downloads. Hopefully a large percentage of the downloaders are users 30 days from now, but that is yet to be determined. Possibilities are definitely there, but it's not even close to a sure thing yet nor is it fair to compare xBBM downloads to active Skype or whatsapp users.
    10-27-13 05:04 PM
    Users are different than downloads. Hopefully a large percentage of the downloaders are users 30 days from now, but that is yet to be determined. Possibilities are definitely there, but it's not even close to a sure thing yet nor is it fair to compare xBBM downloads to active Skype or whatsapp users.
    Note: "active" whatsaap or skype users are quite difficult to determine too. I have both accounts and barely use them 10 times per year, mostly to communicate with foreigners.

That's from my awesome Z30.
    10-27-13 05:13 PM
    Not to be a wet blanket, but BBRY cannot avoid a national security review by the government even if it gifts the hardware to Lenovo. The government holds all the power on this one; there is no technical maneuver available to BBRY except lobbying...

Secondly, to "give" any division, be it hardware and software right now, would require the transaction to pass muster under the relevant corporate laws -- likely meaning it has to be at market value -- because otherwise it would be oppressing a lot of shareholders

10-27-13 06:13 PM
    Note: "active" whatsaap or skype users are quite difficult to determine too. I have both accounts and barely use them 10 times per year, mostly to communicate with foreigners.

That's from my awesome Z30.
    I have both whatsapp and Skype on my Z10 since they were made available. Neither one has ever been used to date. In fact I will be removing whatsapp now that xBBM is out.

Different strokes . . . . .
    10-27-13 06:15 PM
    I have both whatsapp and Skype on my Z10 since they were made available. Neither one has ever been used to date. In fact I will be removing whatsapp now that xBBM is out.

Different strokes . . . . .
    I use Skype periodically to conference will collaborators, only used Whatsapp once.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and BergerKing like this.
    10-27-13 06:26 PM
    I use Skype periodically to conference will collaborators, only used Whatsapp once.
    I still use Skype, for about 4 people (formerly ~25). One has an iPhone and will be trying the BBM app now that the waiting line is gone. One has Android and should have BBM by now. Two have PCs and once BBM is on the PC (that's not merely a rumour, is it?) then Skype will be completely unnecessary for me.
    10-27-13 07:50 PM
    I certainly hope they don't let this momentum slip away and get channels, voice, videos whatever they got and throw them on xbbm.
    10-27-13 08:03 PM
    I've used Skype once and had whatsapp on my Z10 and 9700 but deleted both times due to never using them.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 08:10 PM
    I use skype 5-10 times a year and have never installed whatsapp. I also have never used BBM. Nobody should have paid anything for my free, very occasional use of Skype, but perhaps they did? I am not sure how they measure users. I remember the days of website visitors then unique visits and so on. For every metric, there is a work around....
    10-27-13 08:28 PM
    I would think this should be an interesting week. Lots of positive BBMx downloads, last week before FF's self imposed deadline.

Posted via CB10
    Randeman, sidhuk, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    10-27-13 08:46 PM
    Just in the process of converting my last WhatsApp contact to BBM then away it goes.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 08:48 PM
    Just in the process of converting my last WhatsApp contact to BBM then away it goes.

Posted via CB10
    Already got rid of it. Haven't used Skype in a year and half. I am sure they will consider me as a user.
    And now this is Confirmed on CBC that bbm. Channel coming to x platforms
    http://feedly.com/k/1a9davN
    10-27-13 08:50 PM
    Already got rid of it. Haven't used Skype in a year and half. I am sure they will consider me as a user.
    And now this is Confirmed on CBC that bbm. Channel coming to x platforms
    BBM Channels Exiting Beta Shortly – Voice and Video Calling Coming to Android and iPhone “Within Months” - BerryReview
    I can't quite ditch it yet, I have contacts on Windows Phone.

By the way, guys, a couple of you responded earlier with countershots towards insults posted. I'm not naming names, you know who you are. Report and leave it alone, as someone else did, make life easier on yourselves.
    10-27-13 09:02 PM
    I can't quite ditch it yet, I have contacts on Windows Phone.

By the way, guys, a couple of you responded earlier with countershots towards insults posted. I'm not naming names, you know who you are. Report and leave it alone, as someone else did, make life easier on yourselves.
    Bungaboy raises his hand . . . .:-) Sorry Coach . . . . lost my head.
    10-27-13 09:17 PM
    My bad but plead delusional amnesia lol.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, sidhuk, fedakd and 3 others like this.
    10-27-13 09:19 PM
    No worries bro. I am right there with you.
    Coach probably support it behind the scenes. LOL
    bungaboy and plasmid_boy like this.
    10-27-13 09:21 PM
    Searching bbm on Twitter. I can't believe how many giving away their bbm pins and beg to talk. Majority females. And trolls have focus on. This thread.
    bungaboy and Randeman like this.
    10-27-13 09:33 PM
    Could bbry run a mainstream ad on TV for the Bbm app? Does anyone spend money to advertise apps on TV? I feel like bbry could advertise the security and the free communication aspects of bbm. Whatsapp is great but if bbry did a $50 million ad campaign can whatsapp counter that?

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, fedakd and rarsen like this.
    10-27-13 09:47 PM
    Searching bbm on Twitter. I can't believe how many giving away their bbm pins and beg to talk. Majority females. And trolls have focus on. This thread.
    Actually more ladies than usual on our BBM threads, too.
    10-27-13 09:50 PM
    Could bbry run a mainstream ad on TV for the Bbm app? Does anyone spend money to advertise apps on TV? I feel like bbry could advertise the security and the free communication aspects of bbm. Whatsapp is great but if bbry did a $50 million ad campaign can whatsapp counter that?

Posted via CB10
    How about a Z/Q 10/30 ad featuring BBM, video/voice and xBBM? Maybe even a clever ad, maybe a poke a little fun at the "new" iphones.... Maybe BBRY is trying to help Apple be innovative? How about a little offense instead of defense all the time.
    10-27-13 10:04 PM
113,256 ... 21342135213621372138 ...