View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    You really believe bbry can become a successful social medial company? That chance would be even lower than BBRY sold at 9+.
    No, please take the time to actually read what I wrote, esp the part about not thinking BBM will move the needle/value much. I think I was pretty clear on that point and have been for a month or two now?

I do think I might be willing to GAMBLE a grand or two that the takeout price exceeds $9 a share come Dec or Jan. Still thinking about it.
    10-22-13 10:04 AM
    No, please take the time to actually read what I wrote, esp the part about not thinking BBM will move the needle/value much. I think I was pretty clear on that point and have been for a month or two now?

I do think I might be willing to GAMBLE a grand or two that the takeout price exceeds $9 a share come Dec or Jan. Still thinking about it.
    not a good idea to buy DEC call, once the dust settle down, the option value will drops like rock.
    I would believe the picture would be clear at most around Nov.4 week.

If you want to bet, Nov calls is more than enough. JMHO
    10-22-13 10:10 AM
    Morgan, for 10.2, I contacted Rogers and was told by the end of the month so, with them at least, I expect next week.

Posted via CB10
    Bingo! That's what we need, we have a great OS in BB 10.2, not many know about that, we offer BBM-Premium if you purchase a BB product (voice and video) and BES10.1 has some great advantages over BYOD if you go BB. I just want them to clean up their work-in-progress and develop BBM-X from here on in. Is that too much to ask? Come on partnership!
    10-22-13 10:11 AM
    Just got my first iPhone BBM add request.
    10-22-13 10:13 AM
    Just got my first iPhone BBM add request.
    Those on iphone are waiting for activation email can use this work around and it works.
    http://feedly.com/k/17GzD3p
    abouthsu, Randeman and bungaboy like this.
    10-22-13 10:32 AM
    Bingo! That's what we need, we have a great OS in BB 10.2, not many know about that, we offer BBM-Premium if you purchase a BB product (voice and video) and BES10.1 has some great advantages over BYOD if you go BB. I just want them to clean up their work-in-progress and develop BBM-X from here on in. Is that too much to ask? Come on partnership!
    I would also like to see a partnership rather then a take over
    10-22-13 10:44 AM
    not a good idea to buy DEC call, once the dust settle down, the option value will drops like rock.
    I would believe the picture would be clear at most around Nov.4 week.

If you want to bet, Nov calls is more than enough. JMHO
    For and extra 10.00 a contract you can get an extra month. Options will not drop if the SP is OK by then, perhaps there will be a little leak but not much. My experience is that IF (big IF) a bidding war starts, the price is not going down in that month. Nov 4th should be the beginning of the end, but hopefully just that, not the end of the end. Still not sure and unfortunately actually have client matters to attend to and have to work..... Maybe the "BIG" APPL announcement will push BBRY down so I can jump in later today when I have a few minutes to sort this out. It's a gamble, pure and simple so YMMV....
    Shanerredflag, fedakd and bungaboy like this.
    10-22-13 10:44 AM
    Nov 4th should be the beginning of the end, but hopefully just that, not the end of the end.
    Or as Churchill once put it:

"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." - Winston Churchill
    Randeman, jxnb, sidhuk and 7 others like this.
    10-22-13 10:55 AM
    Bbm is #1 in the app store.

Attachment 212757
    Thanks for the info.

It would have been cook if Batman was #2 right under the BBM logo (to make it look like a word ballon).
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    10-22-13 11:02 AM
    Or as Churchill once put it:

"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning." - Winston Churchill
    Or as my mother said:

"the end of one thing is always the beginning of another"
    10-22-13 11:02 AM
    What are the chances of each of the following:

1) BBRY is sold
    2) Partnership
    3) Hardware is sold
    4) Nothing
    10-22-13 11:06 AM
    Or as my mother said:

"the end of one thing is always the beginning of another"
    Wait a second. I was told that " beginning of something is starting of an end of another" or something like that in another language. These mothers and the way they raised us. Lol
    plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    10-22-13 11:09 AM
    Time to see what revolutionary changes Apple has made to the iPad
    10-22-13 12:02 PM
    Now that my BBM list has grown by over 30+ people I feel like BBM Music would be perfect to relaunch.
    10-22-13 12:11 PM
    They're going over the new Mac OS.... didn't they do this in detail in their last presentation?
    bergeron37 likes this.
    10-22-13 12:13 PM
    They're going over the new Mac OS.... didn't they do this in detail in their last presentation?
    But it's "new" if they say it again.
    10-22-13 12:45 PM
    But it's "new" if they say it again.
    An hour in and it's been all Mac related. Nothing to do with the iPad yet. And ALL of this was covered a month or so ago. I'm only interested in seeing what's coming to the iPad that's new, or at least called new.
    10-22-13 12:55 PM
    Interesting details in this news release:

Coller Capital Said to Be in Talks to Join BlackBerry Bid - Bloomberg

The patents of interest to Coller cover technologies ranging from push notifications to messaging, according to the person. BlackBerry’s intellectual property accounts for as much as 20 percent of the company’s total value, the person said...

BlackBerry’s patents are valued at $1.6 billion to $3 billion, depending on how many of them have already been licensed out, according to analysts’ estimates. The patents cover similar ground as Apple Inc. (AAPL)’s intellectual property, and much of the portfolio is only a few years old.
    Now, I may not be a rocket scientist, but even if the patents are valued at the low end of analyst estimates of $1.6B, and if they are worth 20% of BlackBerry's total value, the current value of BlackBerry is $8B or $15.26/share.

If the individual that gave Bloomberg the story this morning is correct, then this seems reasonable. Thoughts?

Oh, and fin2007, this excludes you.
    Last edited by fedakd; 10-22-13 at 01:31 PM.
    _dimi_, W Hoa, cjcampbell and 12 others like this.
    10-22-13 01:05 PM
    Just an observation. Was monitoring BBM using Twitterfall. Put it on pause and about 2 hrs later came back to over 12k tweets.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-twitfall.jpg
    10-22-13 01:06 PM
    lol... so much better and newer, they gave it a new name.... the iPad Air. Thinner and lighter.
    bungaboy and Soumaila Somtore like this.
    10-22-13 01:08 PM
    The question now is whether this will affect the company's attempts to go private and stay alive. The initial $4.7 billion buyout offer from Fairfax was only tentative, and it might not even get the financing lined up. There are reports that China's Lenovo Group (OTCMKTS:LNVGY) has signed a non-disclosure agreement to buy the company. Security analysts say that the US military sees the BlackBerry as the only phone that the Chinese haven't hacked yet, so US and Canadian officials will probably block a Lenovo acquisition.

Read more: Coulda' Been A Contender? BlackBerry Messenger A Hit In Apple And Android App Stores | Technology | Minyanville's Wall Street
    Randeman, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    10-22-13 01:11 PM
    lol... so much better and newer, they gave it a new name.... the iPad Air. Thinner and lighter.
    iPad Air - sounds like some mystical flying carpet transportation company.
    10-22-13 01:16 PM
    Interesting details in this news release:

Coller Capital Said to Be in Talks to Join BlackBerry Bid - Bloomberg

you really an **. I never replied your post before, but you keep replying my message.

Please ignore me, You are on my ignore list, I do not care for another delusional fan. I am here for trading.

Now, I may not be a rocket scientist, but even if the patents are valued at the low end of analyst estimates $1.6B, and if they are worth 20% of BlackBerry's total value, the current of BlackBerry is $8B or $15.26/share.

If the individual that gave Bloomberg the story this morning is correct, then this seems reasonable. Thoughts?

Oh, and fin2007, this excludes you.

you really an **. I never replied your post before, but you keep replying my message.

Please ignore me, You are on my ignore list, I do not care for another delusional fan. I am here for trading.
    fedakd likes this.
    10-22-13 01:17 PM
    Just noticed on Google Play:
    ---------------------------------------
    Installs
    1,000,000 - 5,000,000
    10-22-13 01:22 PM
    They are going to run it through a belt sander and then call it iPad helium.
    10-22-13 01:25 PM
113,250 ... 21202121212221232124 ...