View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Petronas from malaria just made a 36 bln investment in Canada, so not all foreign investment is banned
    The government doesn't mind investments

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 07:17 AM
    Nice. I like the name of their session...

BlackBerry will be presenting "The Best Device is Debatable - The Best Security is Not"

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 07:17 AM
    Being a skeptic about BB strategy moving forward, I have to think this is a result of a less then steller take rate of the current BES set-up. Knowing their history, I hope this is not a half baked, rush to market to make it look like they had this cooking for a while.

Regardless, if BB can bring this to the cloud with no server costs for businesses and all the traditional BB enterprise magic, I have to think this would be a huge hit.
    Randeman likes this.
    10-07-13 07:42 AM
    Petronas from Malaysia just made a 36 bln investment in Canada, so not all foreign investment is banned
    Not forgetting CNOOC and Nexen.
    silversun10 likes this.
    10-07-13 07:48 AM
    High volume in PM. Nothing that would indicate pending news, though

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 07:51 AM
    Being a skeptic about BB strategy moving forward, I have to think this is a result of a less then steller take rate of the current BES set-up. Knowing their history, I hope this is not a half baked, rush to market to make it look like they had this cooking for a while.

Regardless, if BB can bring this to the cloud with no server costs for businesses and all the traditional BB enterprise magic, I have to think this would be a huge hit.
    Do not forget BES10 will also be tight to Office365 ...
    Still no news of a time-frame though. And I still believe they're 'on hold' until something happens.
    bungaboy, _dimi_ and sidhuk like this.
    10-07-13 07:52 AM
    https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/appeal-to-authority

Argument from authority. This fallacy is further undermined when the authority has been proven to be wrong on the subject at hand. To wit, Prem is responsible for Fairfax buying and eventually owning 10% one of the worst performing, spectacularly falling , and troubled companies in recent times.
    You cannot compare long time investment to speculation or day trading.
    When profits will not be anymore diluted in millions shares EPS but only a figure at the end of FY, returns can be huge.
    And yes, IMHO, even in a "niche" market like entrerpises and gov/institutions where volume has no sense but only regular/recurring incomes matters.
    Again, BlackBerry is going nowhere but on a narrower road. The one they may be alone to follow in the very near future.
    bungaboy and Randeman like this.
    10-07-13 08:02 AM

BBRY already runs Cloud-based BES5.x for Office 365, and has been for a while. Basically, any Office 365 clients gets free cloud-based BES5.x. It's been quite reliable for those that I know that have used it.

If they can do the same thing but with BES10, and then open it up to non-Office 365 clients as well, it will be a huge hit for sure.
    10-07-13 08:10 AM
    As long as BlackBerry is in the public eye, there will be short-term damage but they have to get the best deal here and shareholders will have an opportunity to vote on the proposed offer. I see the whole thing going on for many weeks, it can't be done by early November. Let's assume that Prem makes a formal offer, he has to garner votes to complete the deal and I believe he will fail at that price. His deal will die at $ 9.00/shr and it is likely that others will step in and improve the price and even consider buying shares in the company to take the price over $ 9.00/shr thus sealing the failure of Prem's offer. This will play out for months, and certainly not be over in the days ahead. A strong bid that has the agreement or approval of Mike L and Prem would close the deal at a moments notice. Will MSFT come along and offer $ 17.00/shr? That's what it will take to close the deal quickly, anything short of that type of offer will drag things out for months. Prem can't take the company away from shareholders for nothing and the board can't approve of a deal without a shareholder vote and I don't see BB going for $ 9.00/shr. Finally, the assets are worth too much for MSFT and the like not to make a bid. Prem's offer is merely there to get things rolling at $ 9.00/shr. Just my thoughts of course!
    Hi Morgan,

May I conclude that, if your prediction becomes reality and Q3 earnings turns out to be (much) better than expected.. the company (and shareholders) for once have time on their side? Meaning they don't NEED to close a sale before the next ER? Hmm, why does it feel like I'm jinxing us.. :-)

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    10-07-13 08:14 AM
    on a side note for good laughs take a look at this stock:

Tweeter Home Entertainment Group, Inc (TWTRQ) Interactive Chart Analysis - NASDAQ.com

Went up around 700% due to investors mistaking it for Twitter instead of TWEETER home entertainment! WOW wish i had gotten a piece of that pie
    10-07-13 08:24 AM
    BBRY already runs Cloud-based BES5.x for Office 365, and has been for a while. Basically, any Office 365 clients gets free cloud-based BES5.x. It's been quite reliable for those that I know that have used it.

If they can do the same thing but with BES10, and then open it up to non-Office 365 clients as well, it will be a huge hit for sure.
    learn something new everyday. I did not know they offered that
    bungaboy and koroshiyax like this.
    10-07-13 08:39 AM

Tweeter Home Entertainment Group, Inc (TWTRQ) Interactive Chart Analysis - NASDAQ.com

Went up around 700% due to investors mistaking it for Twitter instead of TWEETER home entertainment! WOW wish i had gotten a piece of that pie
    Sadly, there are many that got in and are now stuck. Price is still at .05 and they can't get out. I suppose it serves them right for thinking they were getting Twitter for mere pennies, but I still feel for them.
    10-07-13 08:41 AM

Sneaky Alfalfa reports they were mostly iPhone users.
    jmehta22, sidhuk and rarsen like this.
    10-07-13 08:43 AM
    OK. Now I'd like some more of this!
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000812.png

It's a beautiful stock price red Q5! Buy one! Help us go green!
    Randeman likes this.
    10-07-13 08:48 AM
    learn something new everyday. I did not know they offered that
    Yup, here's more information: BlackBerry Business Cloud Services for Microsoft Office 365 - Canada

It's limited to Office 365 Enterprise customers so far.
    10-07-13 08:51 AM
    I think this has been in their road map for quite some time.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 09:13 AM
    Why the heck is the SP only 8 and not at least $9. I still don't understand why nobody believes in the PW offer and/or that other companies are coming in to bid.
    10-07-13 09:35 AM
    Nice. I like the name of their session...

BlackBerry will be presenting "The Best Device is Debatable - The Best Security is Not"

Posted via CB10
    LoL, noticed how this service will be available end of november? Prem's date is nov 4th. I am thinking that xBBM may be around that time. Share holders vote may be before end of november IMO.
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-07-13 09:39 AM
    Why the heck is the SP only 8 and not at least $9. I still don't understand why nobody believes in the PW offer and/or that other companies are coming in to bid.
    Are you itching to jump back in?
    Remember that Google paid $17 Billion for Motorola, for what? Patents and manufacturing.
    Blackberry has so much more to offer than Motorola did.
    sidhuk, Randeman, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    10-07-13 09:41 AM
    Blackberry shareholders law suit.
    http://www.berryreview.com/2013/10/0...BerryReview%29
    I remember TH did say in Florida that Blackberry is on a very very solid ground. Now few moths later he is telling the world that we need to be sold.
    bungaboy and anon(4086547) like this.
    10-07-13 09:53 AM
    I'm hoping for another halt today, but this time with some damn good news.
    10-07-13 09:56 AM
    Petronas from Malaysia just made a 36 bln investment in Canada, so not all foreign investment is banned
    Of course not all investment is banned, but note some of the history: Canada blocks Petronas' bid for Progress Energy That's from a year ago: "Canada has blocked the Malaysian state-owned oil firm Petronas' US$5.2 billion (CA$5.17 billion) bid for gas producer Progress Energy Resources, saying the proposed investment would not provide a net benefit to Canada. Federal Industry Minister Christian Paradis did not explain his decision in a statement released just before midnight Friday, saying only that it was made after a careful and thorough review of the proposed transaction."

The point isn't that they outright ban investment because that's certainly not the case. The point is that it requires a review with uncertain outcome and a history of sometimes non-transparent objections, and that would certainly tend to depress the stock price relative to what it would be if this were not the case.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    Are you itching to jump back in?
    Remember that Google paid $17 Billion for Motorola, for what? Patents and manufacturing.
    Blackberry has so much more to offer than Motorola did.
    wrong, first it is not 17B.

Then you need understand the context of google buying. At that time, google really did not have many patents on mobile tech and they want at least try Apple's path. Now they already have the patents and hardware, bbry is not a must for them. Even for security, many Andriod phones already get certified by DOH and others.
    That tells how big a problem BBRY has. '

BBRY will be sold in piece if a PE(like Fairfax) takes over, it just does not have a way to live by itself, The BYOD is just everywhere, I could not see any reason why an enterprise would limit their employees to use some specific brand of mobile phone, needless to say it is bb phone.

For product like BES/BBM, what is really so special when dealing with other platforms? Nothing, Other competitors can do the same.

The only way for BBRY to make some kind of existence is to be sold to a company like Google/Samsung.
    10-07-13 10:03 AM
    Blackberry shareholders law suit.
    BlackBerry Sidetracked By Class Action Lawsuit - BerryReview
    I remember TH did say in Florida that Blackberry is on a very very solid ground. Now few moths later he is telling the world that we need to be sold.
    These guys seems sketchy to me. In addition to BBRY they are also doing the same thing with J.C. Penny and Bioscript. Appears to be their way of making money is by taking advantage of pissed off shareholders. These law suits usually don't go anywhere.
    10-07-13 10:03 AM
113,251 ... 20842085208620872088 ...