View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Can we stop going on about this and close once and for all.

We welcome opposing view points. Delivery of your view point is the key.

I have had some great discussions with the bears, we throw ideas around.

People coming here and blaming Morgan is ridiculous. We and especially Morgan And superfly have consistently made clear, invest at your own risk, do your own due diligence, don't use money you can't afford to lose, news trumps ta, ta only shows probabilities in periods of little to no news, it is not gospel.

Even some of the bears here have admitted that BBRY has value. Whether we will ever see that value is part of the risk of investing in the company!

Shall we leave it at that and actually talk about the stock. We are in a period of no news. We could really do with 10.2 release and Xbbm to get some positivity out there.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 02:33 PM
    So if you disagree or post positive information in a thread that is based on negative BlackBerry news, you are rude and a troll now. Or does your analogy only apply to this thread? Sorry for off topic, please continue stock discussion.
    If there is a thread which has as its topic "negative BlackBerry news" or, perhaps, "I hate BlackBerry and want to whine all day about it", then by all means anyone who forces themselves on that thread with constant posts about cheery and positive BlackBerry news (ignoring that it's often hard to come by), is probably both trolling and rude. They're definitely being off-topic, and likely are very, very annoying to the people who started the thread and want to participate in on-topic (i.e. "BlackBerry sux") types of discussion. Whether they're actually trolling depends on whether they're posting there with the intention of stirring up anger and trying to lead the thread off topic.

I strongly encourage those who are relentlessly posting only negative BB info in here to go and start such a thread, if you can't find an existing one. I promise that none of the regulars from this thread will be as intrusive, objectionable, rude, or trolling as the haters have been in this one.

If by chance rude people do post there frequently, you would be quite correct to call them trolls, and rude, and ask them to leave. I would hope for your sake that they would do so.

I'm amazed it takes a post like this to clarify this for anyone. This should be obvious, but apparently is something that does have to be explained as with basic concepts to a child.
    10-04-13 02:33 PM
    A call to the broker is probably the best but most ITM usually get automatically closed or exercised/assigned depending on the firms rules book. Its the fees that might be different if you were to provide instructions.
    10-04-13 02:35 PM
    Yah im thinking it will have another small pop next week which I planned on selling either way the calls i bought were Oct 19, 9 Strike at $1.10 a contract. But what im reading from you and morgan is that if its already in the money TD would just sell it and convert it to cash? :/

I really appreciate the info guys this is actually my first option trade that im trying to close
    Hey man, I'm always willing to help a brother out. I don't deal with options, but if you get stuck, I'm willing to take 54000 worth of HALO off your hands at 9 per share. That's just the kind of guy I am - helpful.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 02:37 PM
    Can we stop going on about this and close once and for all.

We welcome opposing view points. Delivery of your view point is the key.

I have had some great discussions with the bears, we throw ideas around.

People coming here and blaming Morgan is ridiculous. We and especially Morgan And superfly have consistently made clear, invest at your own risk, do your own due diligence, don't use money you can't afford to lose, news trumps ta, ta only shows probabilities in periods of little to no news, it is not gospel.

Even some of the bears here have admitted that BBRY has value. Whether we will ever see that value is part of the risk of investing in the company!

Shall we leave it at that and actually talk about the stock. We are in a period of no news. We could really do with 10.2 release and Xbbm to get some positivity out there.

Posted via CB10
    Well said...and for those that don't get it may I suggest :
    https://www.waxvac.com/

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    10-04-13 02:42 PM
    With the recent drop in pricing of the Z10 in the Phillipines. We can estimate the number of BB10 devices they have in stock.
    Interesting. Since the write down is about $250 per phone, this means the write down of $1 Billion, translate to about 4 Million BB10 phones worth of inventory.

Posted via CB10
    Wouldn't the write down be $1b divided by change in z10 unit value

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 03:12 PM
    Sorry Morgan im not completely understanding it all. I currently have the sell order at $3.10 a contract it traded at this when we had that pop up to $12 but in regards to volume if no one is buying that particular call would my calls stay at its current price of $1.80? im just trying to understand what people usually do when your in the money and trying to sell but no one is buying that call anymore because its too high. The only way I can think of selling is to exercise my 60 contracts but that will cost me $54K

Much appreciated morgan!

Oh yeah im with TD Waterhouse and I do have a margin account
    I don't know what TD requires for margin on HALO, likely 30% of the underlying price which means your call options aren't deep enough to carry the stock later on. The value of those options are simply the current amount of in-the-money value plus what premium others are willing to pay. The stock is a long ways away from $ 12.10/shr so you sure are asking for a big premium! The options will trade at cash plus a bit and seeing as how the time premium is almost gone, you will be selling those Calls for something just over their intrinsic value which at this very moment, is $ 1.91/option plus a couple of pennies. You need to see a big jump in the stock as it will mirror the stock plus little premium at this time. As I said, I think the stock is two days away from another jump here. Good luck and let me know what you decide to do. I should also say, options always trade at cash value (in this case $ 1.91/shr) no matter whether or not they are trading at all today. If you put up 10,000 calls this minute, at the cash price of $ 1.91/shr magically they will trade in full. The arb is indifferent to whether they take your options or your stock at the same price. Hope this helps!!

As for margin, you need margin to open an option account, you might not use it but you need to do this in case you are put to in the case of Naked Puts, or, you forget to close your Calls . You can have restrictions on options, i.e., only approved to buy them and sell what you own, but you still need a margin account.
    10-04-13 03:41 PM
    AFAIK, they do automatically exercise if they are in the money. That's what my account does. If you don't have the $$ to cover it, don't they unwind the trade? I think they will cash you out on the contracts, but with 60 contracts and perhaps a small profit, I wonder what the fees could be? Sorry I am not being clear typing from a bad spot....
    I worked for RBC Capital and they require all option accounts to carry margin. If you have in-the-money options outstanding on the expiry date, they take up the underlying stock for you, without communication, and if you are very low on margin, they "might" close the options and pay you the net of cash. If you are close to the margin requirement, they will automatically take up the stock and send you a margin call for the balance. I know of some friends who left it in their hands and they received some poor fills on the transaction but all of it was on the up and up.
    10-04-13 03:48 PM
    10-04-13 04:12 PM
    Oh gang, what a week. Sorry, may seem away, but wasn't. Still reading and having fun. Found something quite efficient against trolling or exasperation (choose whatever you believe ok). I vocalize. Yup, clear and loud. A bit embarrassing sometimes as my desktop is in our room until my office is ready, but man, I urge you to test it out. Refreshing

On no real news, I had nothing to add that could be somehow valuable. Add a 18hrs+ work 7/7 and the efficiency of my shouting (ok, my wife killed me with a pillow twice ! ) ... and you know it all.

Cheers gang, have a nice weekend !

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00001107.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 05:12 PM
    Oh gang, what a week. Sorry, may seem away, but wasn't. Still reading and having fun. Found something quite efficient against trolling or exasperation (choose whatever you believe ok). I vocalize. Yup, clear and loud. A bit embarrassing sometimes as my desktop is in our room until my office is ready, but man, I urge you to test it out. Refreshing

On no real news, I had nothing to add that could be somehow valuable. Add a 18hrs+ work 7/7 and the efficiency of my shouting (ok, my wife killed me with a pillow twice ! ) ... and you know it all.

Cheers gang, have a nice weekend !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00001107.jpg 
Views:	795 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	207727

Posted via CB10
    Cheers!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000759_hdr.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 05:30 PM
    Cheers!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000759_hdr.jpg 
Views:	405 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	207729

Posted via CB10
    There's a small, yet major problem with this picture..... both bottles are sealed. Get on it man!!
    10-04-13 05:38 PM
    There's a small, yet major problem with this picture..... both bottles are sealed. Get on it man!!
    Yeah, was walking to get a wine glass when I snapped the picture. The beer is almost done.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    10-04-13 05:42 PM
    Yeah, was walking to get a wine glass when I snapped the picture. The beer is almost done.

Posted via CB10
    I knew there had to be SOME good reason behind it. lol
    plasmid_boy and sidhuk like this.
    10-04-13 05:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    Since the invention of the funnel . . . . . . . no longer a requirement for a glass.
    10-04-13 06:00 PM
    Since the invention of the funnel . . . . . . . no longer a requirement for a glass.
    Even for wine? Lol

I drank wine straight from a press before, but should I try it with a funnel?

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 06:13 PM
    Even for wine? Lol

I drank wine straight from a press before, but should I try it with a funnel?

Posted via CB10
    Just don't stick the funnel up your **** and you should be fine
    plasmid_boy, CDM76 and sidhuk like this.
    10-04-13 06:19 PM
    Yeah thanks for the heads up, I won't stick it up my nose.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, peter9477 and sidhuk like this.
    10-04-13 06:25 PM
    You can say arse here. LoL
    cjcampbell, Randeman and sidhuk like this.
    10-04-13 06:26 PM
    You can say arse here. LoL
    All I typed was but with a second t. Lol. Didn't think that would have been edited out

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 06:28 PM
    Love it love it!!
    have a good weekend gang!
    If there is a thread which has as its topic "negative BlackBerry news" or, perhaps, "I hate BlackBerry and want to whine all day about it", then by all means anyone who forces themselves on that thread with constant posts about cheery and positive BlackBerry news (ignoring that it's often hard to come by), is probably both trolling and rude. They're definitely being off-topic, and likely are very, very annoying to the people who started the thread and want to participate in on-topic (i.e. "BlackBerry sux") types of discussion. Whether they're actually trolling depends on whether they're posting there with the intention of stirring up anger and trying to lead the thread off topic.

I strongly encourage those who are relentlessly posting only negative BB info in here to go and start such a thread, if you can't find an existing one. I promise that none of the regulars from this thread will be as intrusive, objectionable, rude, or trolling as the haters have been in this one.

If by chance rude people do post there frequently, you would be quite correct to call them trolls, and rude, and ask them to leave. I would hope for your sake that they would do so.

I'm amazed it takes a post like this to clarify this for anyone. This should be obvious, but apparently is something that does have to be explained as with basic concepts to a child.
    10-04-13 06:30 PM
    Buy their freaking phones and their shares might have worth something!!!!!!!

Posted via my AWESOME Z10 on CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    10-04-13 06:59 PM
    Buy their freaking phones and their shares might have worth something!!!!!!!

Posted via my AWESOME Z10 on CB10
    abuh?
    10-04-13 07:06 PM
    abuh?
    Z30 baby. ..

Posted via CB10
    peter9477, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    10-04-13 07:12 PM
    I bet you all that bbry is doing an android phone development.

Beer

Posted via CB10
    10-04-13 07:28 PM
113,252 ... 20782079208020812082 ...