View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I don't think that necessarily would happen any more than any of us would have our home reappraised every couple of years. Appraisals cost money, and unless there's a reason to think there's a material change (e.g. 3x?) in the value of a particular property, it seems to me a waste to do any official revaluation like that. And if it's not a real appraisal, there's no point restating the value based on a non-expert guess. Just IMHO.
    Yeah, unless they are in the business of buying and selling these buildings on a regular basis, it seems unnecessary to reappraise them regularly. Businesses sometimes claim depreciation on their buildings to cut taxes. So in effect, the value of buildings could be reported to decrease over time. I don't do that for my buildings because when they are sold the taxes will be on the difference between the sold price and the claimed tax value after depreciation. I have a couple buildings in the Waterloo region and have been told by realtors that this is a good time to sell (appraised value for these building are more 300% of the price that I paid 20 years ago). So, BlackBerry will probably make a profit on their buildings.
    10-04-13 08:17 AM
    Pretty sure that was Morgan's uncle. He's definitely thinking what I'm been thinking Nice to hear someone else say it, for a change.

Posted via CB10
    Randeman!,

LOL!!! No, I don't know that analyst personally, but there was bound to be someone speaking the truth about the MD & A statement. I don't know how he controlled himself when that du.mb.ar.se commentator asked him about the $ 300 million charge increase for CORE, as if BlackBerry knew how to fire 4.500 people for free. I would have hit him for being so stupid. BBN has several clowns who iSheep the whole story on BB and bash it just to have others think they know what they are talking about. I would personally challenge anyone to tell me what's negative about that MD & A report. So far, no takers and nor would anyone challenge the analyst in the video as he "gets it" too.

BlackBerry has some huge assets, when you hear analysts dropping the "zero" on their appraisals you should know they are full of it or paid to bash the company. I still say, along with others, be patient, let the company launch BB 10.2 and BBM-X and see what press we get. At least there is one analyst who understands an accounting statement!
    10-04-13 08:17 AM
    Within a few of days, HALO will be at 52 weeks highs again.
    Barely a few weeks ago, you were predicting that "BBRY is going to a new 52 week high." As it stands today BBRY is near the 52 week low. While all analysts are wrong half the time, I have rarely seen analysts, even the much maligned Faucette, have predictions that are 180 degree reversals from reality.
    10-04-13 08:22 AM
    jmehta22,

Read the comments below each of their TA comments on any stock, investors laugh at their computer-driven analysis every day. They used the RSI = 70 indicator as their sole reason for selling stock, can you imagine how many stocks rally into RSI = 70 or above and double, triple and so on, and they have you selling at the beginning of each rally? We have seen NFLX, TSLA and FB rally for days above RSI = 70 and you would have been out of each of them on the first pop.

Here is the chart on HALO:

Attachment 207584

Each time the stock rallies above RSI = 70, it pauses and moves slightly downward/sideways for a few days before popping hard again. There is a trend that has formed and now it is getting close to another buy op at $ 10.55/shr, yesterday the general market got hit again and the stock dropped along with every other one in North America. But its downside is limited to RSI = just dropping below 70. Within a few of days, HALO will be at 52 weeks highs again.
    Thanks Morgan! Appreciate your insight. Any idea why the short interest is high on this one? Any possibilities of bad news/approvals coming out?
    10-04-13 08:28 AM
    Thanks Morgan! Appreciate your insight. Any idea why the short interest is high on this one? Any possibilities of bad news/approvals coming out?
    They are running close to 10% plus, but this is average for pharma stocks. Look at the short position of ACAD, it is climbing in the same way, at the same percentage and the stock has gone form a $ 1.00/shr to $ 29.00/shr in 1 1/2 years. There is always a chance that a company can come out with some bad news. You wouldn't be able to make such huge amounts of money if there wasn't some risk. We try to lower the risk by doing our homework.
    10-04-13 08:42 AM
    Yeah with the cash on hand, the billion dollars plus in real estate assets, tax refunds coming, plus patents BBRY looks like a bargain at $9. I can tell you that I won't be tendering my shares if that becomes the true take over price.

Posted via CB10
    If its a bargain at 9$, it must be a steal at $7.60 which its trading at now.
    techvisor and anon(4086547) like this.
    10-04-13 09:09 AM
    They are running close to 10% plus, but this is average for pharma stocks. Look at the short position of ACAD, it is climbing in the same way, at the same percentage and the stock has gone form a $ 1.00/shr to $ 29.00/shr in 1 1/2 years. There is always a chance that a company can come out with some bad news. You wouldn't be able to make such huge amounts of money if there wasn't some risk. We try to lower the risk by doing our homework.
    Good Morning Gang,
    Hi Morgan, anything new on the radar? I have got some cash freed up and looking to "gamble" LoL. Thanks in advance.
    10-04-13 09:33 AM
    Good point. I believe some of the rude posters here probably didn't understand the risks involved. When they read your suggestions that based on TA, it will likely go up to xxx, they might have assumed that's going to happen and did not realized that was just a probability thus there is a risk that it could go the other way. So, now they are looking for someone to blame.
    But these uncertain or risky circumstances are where you will find the biggest returns (or losses). When I was about 15 years old, I watched the price of a 4-plex went from $250K - $200K - $150 - $100K. The restaurant in that 4-plex made the best burger in town, so I talked to the owner of the shop periodically, who also owns the building. He was going under due to personal issues. I borrowed $40K from my parents and bought the building for $70K. Before lending me the money, they asked "we have no idea about the real estate business, do you?" I responded "I have no idea either, but this will force me to learn it quickly." That was good enough for them to lend me the money without any conditions (if I make money I can repay, but if I loss it, it don't owe them anything). 6 months latter, I used the building to borrow $200K from the bank as down payment for another building. And I kept on moving, still going today. If you think about, it was a huge risk that could have got badly, but...
    I paid back to my parents, gave them part ownership, and been paying them $40K/year dividend.
    ummm....what's my point here...oh yeah, high risk high rewards and understand the risks. LOL
    10-04-13 09:37 AM
    Good Morning Gang,
    Hi Morgan, anything new on the radar? I have got some cash freed up and looking to "gamble" LoL. Thanks in advance.
    Yeah, I'm getting close to publishing another one but I need a bit more time to make certain they meet my criteria. We have some good ones in PSDV, ACAD, HALO and IAG/IMG, between all of these, you have some long term stuff and a great trade or two. I'll see if I can finish my review this weekend and put something out there! Be patient!
    10-04-13 09:38 AM
    Did you guys ever trade stock before?

Why would someone so stupid in the world to pay a breakup fee of 50cents to bid BBRY instead of paying 30cents for making bid before Nov.4? Does anyone really need 6 weeks+ to review Blackberry's book?
    No, I don't think any of the potential bidders need 6+ weeks to make their decision. However, I also don't think they want to "show their cards" too soon. Perhaps they recognize the value in BlackBerry, like that last analyst in the video. You remember him, Morgan's uncle I believe I called him. Perhaps, they are quietly accumulating millions of shares at these low levels. Then, when they ultimately make a firm bid, which will have to be higher, they have just saved tons of coin and will probably still make out quite well as nobody is going to pay full value.
    My part about xBBM and 10.2 grease, well, that's a little delusional, perhaps. That remains to be seen.
    10-04-13 09:46 AM
    Good point. I believe some of the rude posters here probably didn't understand the risks involved. When they read your suggestions that based on TA, it will likely go up to xxx, they might have assumed that's going to happen and did not realized that was just a probability thus there is a risk that it could go the other way. So, now they are looking for someone to blame.
    But these uncertain or risky circumstances are where you will find the biggest returns (or losses). When I was about 15 years old, I watched the price of a 4-plex went from $250K - $200K - $150 - $100K. The restaurant in that 4-plex made the best burger in town, so I talked to the owner of the shop periodically, who also owns the building. He was going under due to personal issues. I borrowed $40K from my parents and bought the building for $70K. Before lending me the money, they asked "we have no idea about the real estate business, do you?" I responded "I have no idea either, but this will force me to learn it quickly." That was good enough for them to lend me the money without any conditions (if I make money I can repay, but if I loss it, it don't owe them anything). 6 months latter, I used the building to borrow $200K from the bank as down payment for another building. And I kept on moving, still going today. If you think about, it was a huge risk that could have got badly, but...
    I paid back to my parents, gave them part ownership, and been paying them $40K/year dividend.
    ummm....what's my point here...oh yeah, high risk high rewards and understand the risks. LOL
    plasmid_boy!

Excellent story!! Thanks for sharing that.

One of the favourite things that trolls do is to quote a paragraph from my messages, they don't post the question that prompted the response from others who ask me "how high do you think BBRY can go over the next year and a half?", or, " if it breaks into new highs, how high can it go?" ........ of course they take the part where I have to speculate that "the stock could continue to go higher, perhaps double from here". We always talk about breakout points on this thread because 99% of investors in BBRY are long the stock. We always talk about the percentage chance of a stock going up/down too, and I always tell everyone that if you sold your holdings in BBRY when the stock dips below its 5-dma, and buy it again when it moves above the 5-dma, you will be rich. Finally, I qualify all of my TA (remember, I give a ton of info on the fundamentals of the company too and challenge anyone to prove me wrong on the financials) with the statement that NEWS trumps everything, bad news, good news, etc., but the trolls don't care about facts do they?

Great story, thanks.
    10-04-13 09:51 AM
    Good point. I believe some of the rude posters here probably didn't understand the risks involved. When they read your suggestions that based on
    Lol, i kind of agree with you.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-imageuploadedbycb-forums1380898708.064275.jpg
    10-04-13 09:58 AM
    You fans kept talking about other troll whenever someone was bashing bbry, not sure who were rude here.

LOL.
    10-04-13 10:04 AM
    plasmid_boy!

Excellent story!! Thanks for sharing that.

One of the favourite things that trolls do is to quote a paragraph from my messages, they don't post the question that prompted the response from others who ask me "how high do you think BBRY can go over the next year and a half?", or, " if it breaks into new highs, how high can it go?" ........ of course they take the part where I have to speculate that "the stock could continue to go higher, perhaps double from here". We always talk about breakout points on this thread because 99% of investors in BBRY are long the stock. We always talk about the percentage chance of a stock going up/down too, and I always tell everyone that if you sold your holdings in BBRY when the stock dips below its 5-dma, and buy it again when it moves above the 5-dma, you will be rich. Finally, I qualify all of my TA (remember, I give a ton of info on the fundamentals of the company too and challenge anyone to prove me wrong on the financials) with the statement that NEWS trumps everything, bad news, good news, etc., but the trolls don't care about facts do they?

Great story, thanks.
    troll again? Who is the biggest troll in this thread? LOL.

It is not your TA misleading other people, it is your wishful thinking(like bb10 selling well) did

TA has no way to avoid a 25% or 40% gap down right after open.
    10-04-13 10:05 AM
    Just checked out the meaning of TROLL. Please read this thread's heading. "I support blackberry". If you are bashing blackberry just for the sake of bashing then, in that case, you are a Troll in this thread iMO. A Genuine negative discussion is always welcomed and i would love to know about it before positives.
    Troll (Internet)
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    This article is about internet slang. For other uses, see Troll (disambiguation).

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[6]
    10-04-13 10:20 AM
    10-04-13 10:24 AM
    Just checked out the meaning of TROLL. Please read this thread's heading. "I support blackberry". If you are bashing blackberry just for the sake of bashing then, in that case, you are a Troll in this thread iMO. A Genuine negative discussion is always welcomed and i would love to know about it before positives.
    Troll (Internet)
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    This article is about internet slang. For other uses, see Troll (disambiguation).

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[6]
    Let's talk about "Paid Trolls", you know, the ones who come here to talk people out of their stock. You can find that definition under the Criminal Code Act. Cheers! LOL
    10-04-13 10:26 AM
    You fans kept talking about other troll whenever someone was bashing bbry, not sure who were rude here.

LOL.
    If you go into a church and try to present your argument that god doesn't exist and that the priest is misleading them. People there would probably tell you to go to h3ll.
    In this situation, regardless who is right or wrong, who do you think is the rude one?
    10-04-13 10:27 AM
    seems like he is related too. LMaO
    Randeman and bungaboy like this.
    10-04-13 10:28 AM
    If you go into a church and try to present your argument that god doesn't exist and that the priest is misleading them. People there would probably tell you to go to h3ll.
    In this situation, regardless who is right or wrong, who do you think is the rude one?
    Wow, i am impressed. LMaO
    10-04-13 10:34 AM
    Wow, i am impressed. LMaO
    Have a great day guys.
    10-04-13 10:34 AM
    Perfect analogy..!! If the trolls don't get this one, they don't even deserve to be paid. LOL
    10-04-13 10:47 AM
    Actually I looks a lot like a church, with a priest and many faith followers that believe everything the priest says no matter how obvious are the contradictions and inconsistencies. But no, It's not a church, It's just an open internet forum.
    techvisor likes this.
    10-04-13 11:31 AM
    Actually I looks a lot like a church, with a priest and many faith followers that believe everything the priest says no matter how obvious are the contradictions and inconsistencies. But no, It's not a church, It's just an open internet forum.
    Indeed and Thanks, the exist is that way and don't let the door hit you on the way out!
    10-04-13 11:43 AM
    You can't valuate some assets at Liquidation cost and other assets at 'Continuation' cost. Can BlackBerry sell all those land and buildings and keep the operation running? No. In the best case they can sell a portion of those assets and paying taxes for a big part of that value.
    10-04-13 12:06 PM
113,251 ... 20762077207820792080 ...