View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Samsung chief Mobile Product officer leaves the company.
    How can this be blame on blackberry? Let's brain storm. 5...4...3...2..1..
    Samsung's chief mobile product officer leaves the company
    Has Prem hired him?
    abouthsu, fedakd, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    10-03-13 03:02 PM
    "Blackberry patent portfolio is among the fourteen most valuable in the world, and Nokia is not on the list" BNN Video Player
    Iol...I like that guy, for an analyst he actually comes off as a up front decent guy.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 03:07 PM
    And politics may be off-topic, but the political landscape does affect the share price. Anyone who doesn't think this is true really needs to re-evaluate their perspective as they're being quite naive.
    I'd be extremely surprised if anyone in here would ever make the suggestion that government actions or even politics (two different things) have no effect on stock prices.
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    10-03-13 03:11 PM
    Probably some of those supply commitments were executed for production in Q2. So, $307 / $2292 is not accurate without knowing how much of $2292 was execute and how much was canceled.

Probably they will negotiate a way out with the suppliers. The negotiation would be easier if BlackBerry stays in the hardware business, but if suppliers expect BlackBerry will close the hardware unit, they have no incentives to help BlackBerry to stay in business and will try to get everything they can.
    do not believe bbry would use much of $2.3B supply as they already knew they had tons of unsold phones in Q1. If you look at new inventory number 900M in Q2 10Q, say 1/3 of them are supply value, then they would just use ~300M supply. so it is a 15% penalty.
    10-03-13 03:16 PM
    Iol...I like that guy, for an analyst he actually comes off as a up front decent guy.
    He probably doesn't deserve to be insulted with the label "analyst", in these parts.;-) He's a smart guy. I chatted with him after the AGM, and "up front decent guy" certainly applies. No idea how good his analyses have been, mind you, as I don't keep track of most of them, but he certainly echoes my thinking on a lot of this.

If you read the MD&A, for example, you would have to agree with him (and Morgan, incidentally, who has said as much) that the media "hysteria" about the supposed $400M cost of the layoffs is beyond ludicrous.
    10-03-13 03:22 PM
    I don't like the fact that rogers aren't stocking z30.

I guess BlackBerry has the option to sell direct now. is it a volume issue, ie a carrier needs A product that will sell x numbers for it to be viable.

Weren't they meant to be bed buddies?

Posted via CB10
    Randeman likes this.
    10-03-13 03:22 PM
    do not believe bbry would use much of $2.3B supply as they already knew they had tons of unsold phones in Q1. If you look at new inventory number 900M in Q2 10Q, say 1/3 of them are supply value, then they would just use ~300M supply. so it is a 15% penalty.
    I'm thinking they will use the wrote down devices as marketing bait for large BES 10.1 clients...what do you want to bet Morgan Stanley is sporting 60, 000 new BB10 devices before the end of the year?

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, jxnb, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    10-03-13 03:24 PM
    I'm thinking they will use the wrote down devices as marketing bait for large BES 10.1 clients...what do you want to bet Morgan Stanley is sporting 60, 000 new BB10 devices before the end of the year?

Posted via CB10

WHy would MS want that? It is not like they do not have enough money to buy the best config phones.
    10-03-13 03:31 PM
    Sharred,

Problem is it is at the cost if the share holders if it ends up going private

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    10-03-13 03:31 PM
    I don't like the fact that rogers aren't stocking z30.

I guess BlackBerry has the option to sell direct now. is it a volume issue, ie a carrier needs A product that will sell x numbers for it to be viable.

Weren't they meant to be bed buddies?
    I think we were sold a bit of a line about how grand the carrier relationship really was, or how important to BlackBerry. Perhaps even the company deluded itself into thinking it was a very worthwhile thing, but hindsight seems to be showing that, by and large, the carriers have done next to nothing to encourage more than two players in the market.

Maybe in some regions that's still a big thing, but not in North America. Rogers has been on board only to the extent that it costs them nothing to include a photo of a Z10 in some brochure somewhere... but by no means has it felt like they're actively marketing or supporting the product, since before launch day.
    10-03-13 03:32 PM
    Fin it definitely sweetens the deal.

CIO will have some sort of budget. If he comes under, I'm sure there is an incentive. Getting a whole fleet of phones free helps.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    10-03-13 03:34 PM
    Are rogers committed to large iPhone purchases, like some of the US carriers?

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 03:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    Probably, since they were the first out the big three to carry it probably deal made somewhere like spring lol.

Posted via CB10
    huwit likes this.
    10-03-13 03:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    Every carrier that sells IPhones is committed to a certain volume. That is why there have been issues in other parts of the world where they don't want to play Apple's game.
    10-03-13 03:43 PM
    I think we were sold a bit of a line about how grand the carrier relationship really was, or how important to BlackBerry. Perhaps even the company deluded itself into thinking it was a very worthwhile thing, but hindsight seems to be showing that, by and large, the carriers have done next to nothing to encourage more than two players in the market.

Maybe in some regions that's still a big thing, but not in North America. Rogers has been on board only to the extent that it costs them nothing to include a photo of a Z10 in some brochure somewhere... but by no means has it felt like they're actively marketing or supporting the product, since before launch day.
    Verizon wanted BlackBerry to be a success.... they had to force BlackBerry to build the STORM. The problem was BlackBerry didn't know what they were doing - they hadn't foreseen the need for a touchscreen device or a more modern OS. And Java while powerful, it was never meant to carry the load of a modern computer. BlackBerry failed Verizon.... and Verizon figured out pretty quickly that if you can not create the next iPhone killer, you better get the iPhone.

As for carriers pushing BB10.... it was a gamble at best, we ALL knew that. Carriers had a chance to see devices, and test the OS before they committed. I sure their internal reviews didn't see anything special or that would be a "game changer" in what the Z10 or Q10 had to offer. So I think carriers wanted BB to take the risks at this point. But Thor was keeping everyone on a very short leash when it came to spending his CASH.
    rodan01 and techvisor like this.
    10-03-13 03:45 PM
    WHy would MS want that? It is not like they do not have enough money to buy the best config phones.
    Here is a hint...BB10 are the best

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    10-03-13 03:46 PM
    Citigroup fined $30 million after analyst sent report to SAC, others | Reuters

We need some people in jail. Always a settlement which means pennies of billion dollar revenues.
    10-03-13 03:48 PM
    "Blackberry patent portfolio is among the fourteen most valuable in the world, and Nokia is not on the list" BNN Video Player
    Pretty sure that was Morgan's uncle. He's definitely thinking what I'm been thinking Nice to hear someone else say it, for a change.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 04:05 PM
    Thank You!
    JLagoon likes this.
    10-03-13 05:37 PM
    He even sounds like M+8 lol
    Pretty sure that was Morgan's uncle. He's definitely thinking what I'm been thinking Nice to hear someone else say it, for a change.

Posted via CB10
    Randeman and morganplus8 like this.
    10-03-13 05:42 PM
    He even sounds like M+8 lol
    Nah. M8 is way more handsome and he really knows how to take care of his friends.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 05:48 PM
    There was unusual options volume yesterday. Someone purchased 10,000 Dec 21 $9 Calls and sold 10,000 Dec 21 $10 calls:

10,000x $BBRY Call Vertical Hits the Tape - Market Reports - Blog - Articles - Livevol Community

This is a vertical call spread. Someone is placing a bullish bet on BBRY offer over $9.13.

Vertical Spreads
    10-03-13 05:52 PM
    Is it true that Watsa is supposed to renew his LOI tomorrow? Or is it on Nov. 4th?
    10-03-13 06:11 PM
    Is it true that Watsa is supposed to renew his LOI tomorrow? Or is it on Nov. 4th?
    Done today
    10-03-13 06:35 PM
    BNN had a guest reporting he (Watsa) has a long list of firms/investment houses throwing money at him for this deal...appears the 1B will not be an issue.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 06:36 PM
113,256 ... 20742075207620772078 ...