View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Wonder what Prem thinks about his investment. How much do you think his unrealized loss is?
    02-14-13 09:06 AM
    Thanks MP+8 . Many of us here appreciate your time and input.
    02-14-13 09:07 AM
    Damn the 2015 calls are still kind of expensive wtf. Was hoping they'd drop more.
    02-14-13 09:08 AM
    Or that he is getting out of a sinking ship. He wasn't at the launch. People know he has no involvement.
    Are you sure? I thought I saw him at the front... when Throsten was giving a nod to the company/announcement of the name change from RIM to BBRY.

I would have noticed for sure, but I was still in shock that they had Crackberry Kevin getting his ponytail cut at the offset of Blackberry's most important launch in its history. SMH
    02-14-13 09:10 AM
    lol I'm jumping in on those today too. What strikes you getting? You doing a spread?
    I had orders in. Got some jan 2015s at the 7 strike right at the open which was awesome. I think I caught the absolute bottom.

Had an order for some 35 strikes but didn't get them. Order is at 90cents for those.

That was my strategy for the open.
    02-14-13 09:12 AM
    Ok i have been long since $7 area and for the first time , i am starting to get REALLY REALLY worried. If no good news is coming out maybe because there aint none...and i fear we might sink until the earnings report. Which by the way will be the deciding factor for me to see if i stay long. I still believe tho.
    Don't worry to much. Bbry has $6 in cash per share. Don't worry to much
    02-14-13 09:14 AM
    Are you sure? I thought I saw him at the front... when Throsten was giving a nod to the company/announcement of the name change from RIM to BBRY.

I would have noticed for sure, but I was still in shock that they had Crackberry Kevin getting his ponytail cut at the offset of Blackberry's most important launch in its history. SMH
    The one one the left is Jim Balsillie, the one on the right is Mike Lazaridis.
    Lazaridis is the one who attended BlackBerry 10 launch. Balsillie was absent.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-rim-co-ceos.jpg
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-14-13 09:16 AM

They showed Lazaridis but I wasn't sure they showed Balsillie. Ah - the awkward shearing.

BlackBerry Needed "Wow" - Delivered "Pretty Good" (AAPL, MSFT, RIMM) (even I think this is a hatchet job), but this quote is worthwhile:

"First, the company revealed that it was renaming itself to BlackBerry and giving itself a new ticker symbol BBRY. This, it might be argued, was the biggest head-turning part of the event (other than cutting some random fan's ponytail off). A name (Research in Motion) that meant absolutely nothing to consumers and investors alike will soon be gone." Not my quote. It is from the article. Let the faithful go crazy now.
    02-14-13 09:16 AM
    Wonder what Prem thinks about his investment. How much do you think his unrealized loss is?
    I think his cost basis is in the mid to high 20s. He bought a bunch of rimm in the 40s initially. Then doubles his position either at 7 or 11. I forget exactly but can look it up later.
    02-14-13 09:17 AM
    I had orders in. Got some jan 2015s at the 7 strike right at the open which was awesome. I think I caught the absolute bottom.

Had an order for some 35 strikes but didn't get them. Order is at 90cents for those.

I loaded up on $20 strikes for January 2014. I figured by the December earnings, the stock is going to drop or pop. Might as well, go big or go home.
    02-14-13 09:18 AM
    As a small-time investor ($2k), I'm not sure if I should accept a $50 loss now and say "Good game" or just let it sit there and hope for the best. Either way, I'm buying this phone.
    02-14-13 09:21 AM
    Balls of steel
    02-14-13 09:22 AM
    morganplus8,

I know this sounds a bit conspiracy theory-esque, but what if no good news is being released by anyone because it suits most parties.

Current investors like Prem Watsa can double up on cheap stock.
    All the shorts can try and cover their positions at a lower price and get out without too much damage.
    and new players can get in early and ride a nice long wave up.

I am no expert on this, so what i said could be complete and utter BS! It seems possible: they hit the stock for a couple of weeks with bad news, get it low, shorts jump out, longs jump in. then all of sudden good news starts to flow, and they ride an apple-like wave for the next 5 years as bb becomes the next apple?
    02-14-13 09:22 AM
    morganplus8,

I know this sounds a bit conspiracy theory-esque, but what if no good news is being released by anyone because it suits most parties.

Current investors like Prem Watsa can double up on cheap stock.
    All the shorts can try and cover their positions at a lower price and get out without too much damage.
    and new players can get in early and ride a nice long wave up.

I am no expert on this, so what i said could be complete and utter BS! It seems possible: they hit the stock for a couple of weeks with bad news, get it low, shorts jump out, longs jump in. then all of sudden good news starts to flow, and they ride an apple-like wave for the next 5 years as bb becomes the next apple?
    If BB becomes the next apple, the price difference between $16 and $12 is irrelevant to the big players.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    02-14-13 09:23 AM
    this week he sold a big position in another company, so he should have cash, he might just be shopping BB shares, who knows....
    As a small-time investor ($2k), I'm not sure if I should accept a $50 loss now and say "Good game" or just let it sit there and hope for the best. Either way, I'm buying this phone.
    I would never invest in a company that I dont believe in their products or business model. You just answered your own question!
    I wish I have cash right now.
    (Finance Devil says : Hard to resist breaking some spares
    , eh ? <= BUT this is not going to happen, you hear me : DON'T do that (I won't either).)
    If BB becomes the next apple, the price difference between $16 and $12 is irrelevant to the big players.
    makes a big difference to the shorts though
    02-14-13 09:25 AM
    $50.00 as in 50 bucks? Lol this stock is incredibly volatile. If you're worried about a 50 dollar loss I dunno man you should probably look at dividend stocks or bonds.
    The one one the left is Jim Balsillie, the one on the right is Mike Lazaridis.
    Lazaridis is the one who attended BlackBerry 10 launch. Balsillie was absent.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rim-co-ceos.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	135914
    Gee, thanks... lol! I know who they are The guy on the left was flailing his arms trying to get his pet NHL team for hundreds of millions, the guy on the right has invested hundreds of millions on the development of the quantum computer.
    almost at yesterday close! I should have bought some at open but im holding a large pile already
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    Wow look at all this buying on the low.
    02-14-13 09:26 AM

Man awesome play. You did get it at the absolute bottom. I sent you a pm btw.
    02-14-13 09:26 AM
    Looks like the shorters who got in at $13 timed it perfectly. What they do is like an art.
    Tom689 likes this.
    02-14-13 09:27 AM
    Anyone else just get an email from blackberry.com? Looks like they're sending out mass emails advertising the z10. Pretty cool.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    02-14-13 09:28 AM
113,256 ... 205206207208209 ...