View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    what are yo talking about? Nov. 4 is pretty much the deadline.

If nobody else bid at No.4, why would they bid it after Nov.4?

1. Fairfax has the Nov.4 deadline to make a affirmative offer and once the BOD accepts it, the breakup fee would be 50cents a share.

Why would somebody rather make a bid and pay 50cents later than 30 cents a share to bid for BBRY now?

Oh , please do not tell me 6 weeks from now is not enough for anyone to make a decision?
    Right now there is just a LOI, there is no firm bid by FF.
    FF has till Nov to come up with a firm bid, then only BB and the shareholders can plan to approve the deal,
    and after Nov 4 competitive bidders will come out if any. No point bidding against a LOI.
    And then if an auction breaks out this process can get extended,
    Or if FF cannot get 90% shares, they could increase the bid a little and all that will extend the process.
    bungaboy, jxnb and Superfly_FR like this.
    10-01-13 07:12 PM
    Well this can be looked at in two ways:

1) Classic hubris on BlackBerry's part and plainly suffering from classic tech NIH (not invented here) syndrome. After all AirWatch partnership could be advantageous to consolidate MDM market share especially in U.S. market.

2) Or AirWatch is not serious about its overtures. But being opportunist, get a chance to see BB's confidential data, pricing, client data, and so forth to gain strategic advantage. Why would BlackBerry invite a trojan horse?

Randeman and JLagoon like this.
    10-01-13 07:13 PM
    PW and institutions control 35% of the shares and many small holders won't or can't vote their shares.
    The NASDAQ chart for that suggests it's 53%. Do you have different info, or did you accidentally swap the digits there?

As for the number... whether it's 35% or 53%, to me that doesn't seem like enough to swing a 90% vote with any degree of certainty. You think there aren't >10% worth of little guys/gals sitting at home thinking "No way I'm taking $9 for these shares!" ?
    10-01-13 07:14 PM
    Thanks Gesig,

I would LOVE to see a room full of suit-wearing business men flipping those silly childish, multi-colored windows on the front GUI of a Windows phone, in the attempt to get work done.

Oh man, I needed that. thanks again.
    10-01-13 07:21 PM
    Thanks Gesig,

I would LOVE to see a room full of suit-wearing business men flipping those silly childish, multi-colored windows on the front GUI of a Windows phone, in the attempt to get work done.

Oh man, I needed that. thanks again.
    But, but...delta gave all the ticket clerks and baggage formen a 90 dollar WP.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 07:32 PM
    How about this for scary, then?

Delta doubles down on Microsoft with Surface 2 tablets for pilots | PCWorld

But, but...delta gave all the ticket clerks and baggage formen a 90 dollar WP.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 07:41 PM
    but but lol

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 07:45 PM
    10-01-13 07:59 PM
    Funny you should say that. I was listening to the most recent Crackberry podcast and Kevin was pretty down on the BB10 UI, calling it old-looking, and he was not too happy with the gestures either. Maybe he's just already moved on in his mind.
    10-01-13 08:13 PM
    Th seems to be talking out of both sides of his mouth

Additionally, delays in the launch of certain functionality of the BES 10 platform and alternative competitor products in the market have resulted in a slower than anticipated rate of adoption of the BES 10 platform by enterprise customers, many of which look to deploy BlackBerry 10 hardware and software simultaneously to optimize security through the integrated BlackBerry end-to-end solution. These factors caused the number of BlackBerry 10 devices in the channel to increase above the Company’s expectations, which in turn caused the Company to assess and revise its future demand assumptions for finished products, semi-finished goods and raw materials. Based on these revised demand assumptions, the Company recorded a primarily non-cash, pre-tax charge against inventory and supply commitments of approximately $934 million, or $1.27 per share diluted, in the second quarter of fiscal 2014, which was primarily attributable to BlackBerry Z10 devices (the “Z10 Inventory Charge”).
    10-01-13 08:58 PM
    I could only see one thing clear:
    BES revenue is 63M, comparing to 60M in Q1, a 5% increase quarter over quarter, that is not bad considering all the bad news happening this Q.

Questions still unclear:
    How much revenue would the 2.2M bb10 phone add?
    How many Z10 phones are written off?
    Randeman and fedakd like this.
    10-01-13 09:05 PM
    I'm thinking M8's work on this is pretty close...so let's assume half all shipped devices written down and an average ASP of 300 either through additional write down or sales incentives to enterprise...lets also assume MDM has bottomed and in fact reversed trend...third Q should be very nice for PW and friends.

Posted via CB10
    Randeman and bungaboy like this.
    10-01-13 09:16 PM
    . The Company also announced that it is targeting an approximate 50% reduction in operating expenditures by the end of the first quarter of fiscal 2015. In light of this recent announcement, the Company expects to incur $400 million in pre-tax charges related to the CORE program throughout fiscal 2014 and the first quarter of fiscal 2015, up from its previous expectation in the first quarter of fiscal 2014 that it would incur approximately $100 million of such charges throughout fiscal 2014
    10-01-13 09:19 PM
    From MD&A, ouch:

The Company’s quarterly operating results have varied substantially in the past and may vary substantially in the future. Accordingly, the information below is not necessarily indicative of results for any future quarter
    How do you manage a company in one of these volatile situations?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-pd2984145.jpg

Ok, the picture is dramatic but you get the point: they're navigating blind.
    10-01-13 09:21 PM
    The NASDAQ chart for that suggests it's 53%. Do you have different info, or did you accidentally swap the digits there?

As for the number... whether it's 35% or 53%, to me that doesn't seem like enough to swing a 90% vote with any degree of certainty. You think there aren't >10% worth of little guys/gals sitting at home thinking "No way I'm taking $9 for these shares!" ?
    I quickly used the CNBC chart below for the top 10 holders. I will pretty much guarantee that if the vote happens at $9 and gets voted down the share price will be in the $7's the next day. You may move above 9 at some point, but odds will be against you. The market has been telling us for days now that they don't believe the $9 PW offer and that the true market value is $8. If PW gets voted down, he may feel spurned and will have to give serious consideration to liquidating his shares. I am not saying $9 is a great offer or maybe even the best offer we will see, but I do think if it gets voted on and gets voted down, the share price will suffer in the short term. We will know if the next month or so.

BlackBerry - BBRY - Stock Quotes
    peter9477 likes this.
    10-01-13 09:25 PM
    Thanks the_sleuth.

For anyone wondering where it is, the Management Discussion and Analysis (MD&A) section starts on page 36 of that 65-page PDF, following the previously released Q2 results.
    10-01-13 09:28 PM
    I will pretty much guarantee that if the vote happens at $9 and gets voted down the share price will be in the $7's the next day. You may move above 9 at some point, but odds will be against you. The market has been telling us for days now that they don't believe the $9 PW offer and that the true market value is $8. If PW gets voted down, he may feel spurned and will have to give serious consideration to liquidating his shares. I am not saying $9 is a great offer or maybe even the best offer we will see, but I do think if it gets voted on and gets voted down, the share price will suffer in the short term.
    I don't think almost anyone who would vote against it would disagree with your prediction. I also don't think the idea that the price may drop in the short term would necessarily be of enough concern for such people.

I also don't see anything in Prem Watsa's past or public statements that convinces me you've got him figured out accurately here. Everything he says is about taking a long-term focus, so a short-term drop leading to him liquidating? Sorry, that just doesn't fit what we know. Same as those who keep claiming he will retract his offer and make a lower one... these ideas just don't fit with the evidence available. They may be right... but they're purely speculative.
    10-01-13 09:33 PM
    Qnx revenue increasing?

Software revenue decreased by $11 million, or 8.2%, to $123 million or 2.7% of consolidated revenue in the first six months of fiscal 2014 from $134 million or 2.4% of consolidated revenue in the first six months of fiscal 2013. The decrease was attributable to decreases in CALs and BES revenue, substantially offset by an increase in revenue generated by the Company’s acquired subsidiaries.
    10-01-13 09:33 PM
    ..."exclude the impact of the Z10 Inventory Charge of approximately $934 million ($666 million after tax)"....

666? I should have know that the devil was working on Prem's behalf. That expalins a lot!

Say, can someone confirm the 46% 'Service' reduction is referring only to non-BES10?
    10-01-13 09:34 PM
    I quickly used the CNBC chart below for the top 10 holders.
    Why only the top 10 then? That accounts for only 33%, but institutional holdings are at least 61% according to that page.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    10-01-13 09:35 PM
    I don't think almost anyone who would vote against it would disagree with your prediction. I also don't think the idea that the price may drop in the short term would necessarily be of enough concern for such people.

I also don't see anything in Prem Watsa's past or public statements that convinces me you've got him figured out accurately here. Everything he says is about taking a long-term focus, so a short-term drop leading to him liquidating? Sorry, that just doesn't fit what we know. Same as those who keep claiming he will retract his offer and make a lower one... these ideas just don't fit with the evidence available. They may be right... but they're purely speculative.
    We will see. He's not willing to put more in at $9/share, at least not yet publically. That tells me something about what he really thinks. Maybe its a capital or diversification issue but what from I know he's looking for other people's money to do the deal at $9. If he really thought it was worth a lot more, he'll find a way to get it done. I believe him when he says he won't lower his offer. It will be interesting to watch.

I have to say again that I am perplexed at BBRY trading at $8 or below in the face of a $9 offer from someone of PW's reputation. Fascinating.
    peter9477 likes this.
    10-01-13 09:40 PM
    Stock Market Quotes | Stock Market Charts and Graphs Anyone have the balls of steel to play this... crazy fluctuations and volume... could have made everything back and then some in 10 minutes lol... or lose half again.
    cjcampbell and take99 like this.
    10-01-13 09:41 PM
    Stock Market Quotes | Stock Market Charts and Graphs Anyone have the balls of steel to play this... crazy fluctuations and volume... could have made everything back and then some in 10 minutes lol... or lose half again.
    Lol...and I thought BB was speculative

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell likes this.
    10-01-13 09:43 PM
    Look at the volume on that ****!! WOW!

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and Superfly_FR like this.
    10-01-13 09:59 PM
    Wow imagine if it went from here to the 62 cent yearly high lol
    Shanerredflag and cjcampbell like this.
    10-01-13 10:01 PM
113,250 ... 20652066206720682069 ...