View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Depends on what the current shareholders believe about current of business.

I personally would go somewhere in the 20s, but I don't own half the company

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Randeman, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    09-28-13 12:07 PM
    BlackBerry finally selling factory unlocked Z10s and Q10s at Shop BlackBerry.com

BlackBerry Unlocked Smartphones - ShopBlackBerry.com
    cjcampbell, jxnb, Jahcure and 9 others like this.
    09-28-13 12:08 PM
    You also have to consider the fee that will be paid to Fairfax if a better offer is approved by the board. I believe that was $0.30/share, which means that the board would not approve an offer below $9.31. Besides, they have to consider whether shareholders are likely to approve the deal. They don't want to approve a "superior offer" at $9.50 only to have shareholders turn it down.

What portion of the company is held by people who would vote against a slightly higher offer that would mean BlackBerry vanishes from the Canadian landscape? How many are employed there, or have some stake in seeing BBRY survive in a form more or less as it now holds?

I'd speculate that might be more than 10%, which is the magic number here.
    09-28-13 12:16 PM
    BlackBerry finally selling factory unlocked Z10s and Q10s at Shop BlackBerry.com

I wonder if/when they'll add the Z30 to that.
    sidhuk, bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    09-28-13 12:17 PM

Good decision by the management at Blackberry, they need some place to Firesale all that hardware, what better than your own store instead of giving already written-off margins to other stores
    09-28-13 12:18 PM

Prices are still pretty high though.
    Kid Vibe likes this.
    09-28-13 12:21 PM
    If an offer from a tech giant comes along for $9 then the FF offer goes out the window since the market is valuing the FF offer at $8. The only reason another technology company might get involved is to keep it out of the hands of the other. However, Blackberry is such a hassle to unwind that I don't think anyone else will want to bother with it. The assets simply aren't that compelling. I believe that they feel they can always get into a bidding war after FF dismantles the company and end up with a much cleaner acquisition.

Nobody thinks that FF wants to run a smartphone company laden with debt. Not when the individual assets can easily be liquidated.
    09-28-13 12:24 PM
    The Firesale prices won't be shown until the deal goes through, so need to wait till Fairfax can get control of the inventory.
    09-28-13 12:25 PM
    I would like to add this:

I can not think of a better ambassador for BlackBerry or this site than SuperFly...anyone who tries to twist his intentions into anything other than genuinely sincere can kiss my grits. Clear enough?

Posted via CB10
    Well ... *blush* touch�, merci . You're another one of the kind !
    09-28-13 12:26 PM
    Yes, but CrackBerry charges $45 to unlock so that should be considered in the consideration.
    cjcampbell and sidhuk like this.
    09-28-13 12:30 PM
    Let me make this clear. If the posts dont get back on the subject of BBRY then I dont see a purpose for this thread. Over 20 posts removed because none of you can just leave a post alone. You all have to respond. STOP RESPONDING
    Hit me first. My bad, sorry. Late at night yesterday ... Maybe I'm just human after all .
    Sorry for the extra-time wasted.
    09-28-13 12:30 PM
    Yes, but CrackBerry charges $45 to unlock so that should be considered in the consideration.
    I don't think so. Amazon has them for around 350$ unlocked.
    Edit: Z10 only
    Last edited by Lendo; 09-28-13 at 12:49 PM.
    09-28-13 12:31 PM
    BB can't undercut their wholesale customers without repercussions
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-28-13 12:34 PM
    If other offers come in, they won't come in just slightly higher like that. All that would do is spur a pointless bidding session in tiny increments.. If another suitor appears and wants the company, they'll want to avoid that and just put in a clear offer of intent to deter the lower bidders from outbidding. Just my opinion of course.
    From my limited comprehension skills about WS behavior; I believe if one or many extra bidders pop, then the SP may raise and implicitly fix the price. Before someone aim the Big Bertha to me, let me say I'm not expecting very big gaps. But increments of $1 with + $0.5 counter-offers seems legit to me. I've averaged to $10.5 with this scenario in mind.
    cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    09-28-13 12:34 PM
    Hit me first. My bad, sorry. Late at night yesterday ... Maybe I'm just human after all .
    Sorry for the extra-time wasted.
    Your time, your wisdom, your strength and your words are NEVER wasted here mon ami! Men of your caliber are a rare find.
    cjcampbell, Randeman, jxnb and 4 others like this.
    09-28-13 12:35 PM

Finally !!!! That's very good news.
    I hope they'll do the same right away with Z30.
    09-28-13 12:36 PM
    What did people make of the G&M story? Some interesting insights

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 4
    take99 likes this.
    09-28-13 12:39 PM
    I don't think so. Amazon has them for around 350$ unlocked.
    Z10 maybe. Not Q10s.
    09-28-13 12:46 PM
    What did people make of the G&M story? Some interesting insights

It had a lot of interesting points. I still need to revisit it as it was early when I saw it and man is it long. The fog in my head hadn't cleared yet.
    09-28-13 12:46 PM
    Z10 maybe. Not Q10s.
    Yep, I left that out.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-28-13 12:50 PM
    It had a lot of interesting points. I still need to revisit it as it was early when I saw it and man is it long. The fog in my head hadn't cleared yet.
    There is even a short interview with Heins at the end to check out.

cjcampbell likes this.
    09-28-13 12:52 PM
    Your time, your wisdom, your strength and your words are NEVER wasted here mon ami! Men of your caliber are a rare find.
    I'm voiceless ... and out of thanks already. So let's say this is a big Thanks&hug to you all guys & gals.
    The whole gang, "bulls", "bears", "clowns" and "dreamers"; those here for a while deserve the exact same.

Hey, let's quit the personal
    ... but really this was unexpected and over appreciated.

Have you read the article about the insider view of BB story ?
    Read the short take here : An inside look at BlackBerry - from the 'iPhone killer' to SMS 2.0 | CrackBerry.com
    But I strongly suggest you go deeper in the reading. Remember what I called the "human factor" ? Here's BB story : How BlackBerry blew it - The Globe and Mail
    09-28-13 12:52 PM
    There is even a short interview with Heins at the end to check out.

The more I learn about the story, the more I remember someone telling me [when Thor was hired] "he's here to do the dirty job, he's a fuse in case of troubles (implicit: there will be troubles). Wait 2-3 years before you see the big CEO coming with cape and fanfare to save the company"
    I have to figure who he (someone) was though ...

Reading Heins' interview, that's exactly what I feel right now.
    sidhuk, bungaboy, Randeman and 3 others like this.
    09-28-13 01:11 PM
    They should have been selling unlocked direct years ago. Good move.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-13 01:15 PM
    If other offers come in, they won't come in just slightly higher like that. All that would do is spur a pointless bidding session in tiny increments.. If another suitor appears and wants the company, they'll want to avoid that and just put in a clear offer of intent to deter the lower bidders from outbidding. Just my opinion of course.
    Yeah but that scenario depends on there actually being a number of bidders trying to outbid each other, that doesn't seem to be the case here.
    Also if the current $9 offer is really there just to stir up interest as the market seems to suspect BB might have to accept a concrete offer just above $9 even if it means paying the penalty to FF.

Sent from my ALCATEL_one_touch_995 using CB Forums mobile app
    09-28-13 01:24 PM
113,256 ... 20482049205020512052 ...