View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

694 62.52%
  • No

416 37.48%
    I'm prepared to lose my $100k now...
    Prob more I bought too much... depressed but.... this thread does give some emotional support!

Posted via CB10
    Well at this stage, people like me could be completely wrong and we might see another bid so you might see some light at the end of the tunnel soon.
    09-27-13 04:50 AM
    Well, yes, hopefully we are wrong for the second time! haha
    09-27-13 05:10 AM
    Well at this stage, people like me could be completely wrong and we might see another bid so you might see some light at the end of the tunnel soon.
    I hope we are all wrong and we see more bids but I fear that the news is even worst that the stockholders know. Just what is happening to Blackberry now is a nightmare.

I find the chance for another bid slim to none unless is is WAY lower than the $9 on the table now.
    09-27-13 05:14 AM
    All this pre-ER bad news could be a trap for the shorts. Thorsten might be setting them up for the mother of all short squeezes. Shorts, hold on to your pants!
    09-27-13 05:27 AM
    Holy f**K, $7.62 - even as pessimistic as I've been, I didn't think we'd go this low before the asset strippers moved in.
    09-27-13 05:33 AM
    What time does the ER come out?
    09-27-13 06:03 AM
    Revenue for the second quarter of approximately $1.6 billion; company
    recognizes revenue on approximately 3.7 million smartphones in the
    second quarter
    -- GAAP loss from continuing operations of $965 million, or $1.84 per share
    diluted; includes a primarily non-cash, pre-tax charge against inventory
    and supply commitments of approximately $934 million and pre-tax
    restructuring charges of approximately $72 million
    -- Adjusted loss from continuing operations of $248 million, or $0.47 per
    share diluted; adjusted gross margin of $570 million, or 36%
    -- Company sees increasing penetration of BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10
    (BES 10) with more than 25,000 commercial and test servers installed to
    date, up from 19,000 in July 2013
    -- Cash and investments balance of $2.6 billion
    Full details at:

BlackBerry Ltd. BlackBerry Reports Second Quarter Fiscal 2014 Results
    chr1sny likes this.
    09-27-13 06:05 AM
    old news, the after tax loss for the Z10's turns out to be $666 mln
    09-27-13 06:11 AM
    How many BB10 devices were sold? Any further information on that? I just want to know who won the guessing game.
    09-27-13 06:15 AM
    So $500M cash burn. Thought would've been $1B. Quite happy with that, If I dare.

Posted via CB10
    jxnb, Shanerredflag and rarsen like this.
    09-27-13 06:16 AM
    How many BB10 devices were sold? Any further information on that? I just want to know who won the guessing game.
    5.9 mln phones were sold
    09-27-13 06:16 AM
    5.9 mln phones were sold
    This doesn't help decide the winner of the guessing game.
    09-27-13 06:22 AM
    Blackberry Q2 Results Slightly Less Awful Than Expected - Jason Del Rey - Mobile - AllThingsD

No huge surprises here: Blackberry’s second-quarter fiscal 2014 earnings report is in and it’s just about as bad as Blackberry warned last week when it announced preliminary results and layoffs for 4,500 employees.
    jxnb likes this.
    09-27-13 06:23 AM
    This doesn't help decide the winner of the guessing game.
    that is the only number we have, so just use that
    BlackistheBerry and bungaboy like this.
    09-27-13 06:25 AM
    balance sheet looks pretty clean.

Do I read it right that there is still 900M in inventory AFTER the 900M Q2 write down of Z10? So if they didn't write down 900M and didn't change revenue recognition to be sell through + sell in it would be 1.8B?

Either way based on these financials I see more buyers emerging. No surprises. Wonder how the SP will close today. I bet they pin it to $8 that's the most pain for me so that will probably happen. It should go back to $8.23.
    anon1727506, bungaboy and gg22 like this.
    09-27-13 06:31 AM
    The entire company didn't make any money last quarter and you're going to reduce the gross margins on the products to zero and trash your brand by having the phones show up on Woot every other week and expect that to stabilize the company financially? SNIP.
    Hey, I like WOOT! leave them out of this debacle!
    09-27-13 06:40 AM
    balance sheet looks pretty clean.

Do I read it right that there is still 900M in inventory AFTER the 900M Q2 write down of Z10? So if they didn't write down 900M and didn't change revenue recognition to be sell through + sell in it would be 1.8B?

Either way based on these financials I see more buyers emerging. No surprises. Wonder how the SP will close today. I bet they pin it to $8 that's the most pain for me so that will probably happen. It should go back to $8.23.
    Why would more buyers emerge s a result of this ER? Any interested party would have had this info already. No real surprises, but the fallout from the pre-announcement was devastating. I doubt a company is suddenly going to wake up and take interest in BBRY because the announced results are in-line with the actual announcement. There may be other interested parties and an offer, but it won't be the result of this ER.

It should go to $9, not low 8's. PW is reputable and says he will do it at $9. It should be trading in a tight ranger just below 9 at this point.
    09-27-13 06:44 AM
    So management has cooked the books for the past 2 qtr no big deal so there buddy prem can take it private for next to nothing

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 06:52 AM
    Only risk now is due diligence and financing to make firm offer of $9.

I had this thought. Because of the Canadian Foreign Investment Review rules, perhaps Fairfax could bring in Microsoft as part of its consortium. Say below 10% of the equity, a strategic partner would help with fast tracking the financing of debt.
    09-27-13 06:55 AM
    << Me

So, they write down the inventory this quarter instead of transferring to next quarter, and had they not I assume we have a positibve EPS?

dirty ....
    bungaboy, sidhuk and gg22 like this.
    09-27-13 06:58 AM
    << Me

So, they write down the inventory this quarter instead of transferring to next quarter, and had they not I assume we have a positibve EPS?

dirty ....
    The inventory is still at a high isn't it? Is this an attempt to split the write-down in two and they will do another one next quarter?
    09-27-13 07:09 AM
    << Me

dirty ....
    While they do have a little discretion, once it became clear that the BB10 phones weren't selling and that they would have a huge inventory, they have an obligation to start writing it down. Not doing so is illegal and exposes them to a lawsuit. Until proven otherwise, I will assume the BOD and accountants at BBRY are following the rules and taking their medicine as the situation dictates. There could be more write downs. Again, remember the PlayBook. (This, sadly, could have been their motto for the BB10 launch and experience too)
    jxnb likes this.
    09-27-13 07:22 AM
    Not relevant, this will be last of financials, if Watsa gets his way. There is value in the assets, he's corporate raiding for the riches.
    09-27-13 07:24 AM
    Do the number for phones sold include the number of phones returned by either the user to the carrier or the carrier returning back to Blackberry?
    09-27-13 07:27 AM
    While they do have a little discretion, once it became clear that the BB10 phones weren't selling and that they would have a huge inventory, they have an obligation to start writing it down. Not doing so is illegal and exposes them to a lawsuit. Until proven otherwise, I will assume the BOD and accountants at BBRY are following the rules and taking their medicine as the situation dictates. There could be more write downs. Again, remember the PlayBook. (This, sadly, could have been their motto for the BB10 launch and experience too)
    They could have have waited after the holiday season where they could unload more phones, then write down next quarter where the cost would be less. Someone explain to me why they suddenly change the way they account for phone sales? Just seem like the report was done to make price cheap for prem.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    09-27-13 07:35 AM
107,100 ... 20392040204120422043 ...