View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Rectracting his offer before the end of the 6 weeks without any other bids ?
    If he cannot secure financing, it is entirely plausible.
    09-24-13 09:14 AM
    When do shareholders get to vote on the bid?
    After he removes all his conditions and offer is finalized.
    09-24-13 09:15 AM
    I respectfully disagree. For enterprise usage (split tablets apart) they are doing more than competitive (reliability, TCO, security) devices. The main break here is users willing to get a "free device" that fits their personal taste. Not the implicit value/quality of the device.
    90% of my friends sport iPhones (4s-5-5s); no one ever discussed the quality of my Z10, under any circumstances ... once they have it in their hands. There is the hidden benefit : put these damm devices into employees/consumers hands. And listen to the ohhhs And surprise them..
    It's just kind of disgusting how I feel the media (analysts, journalists, commenters on bloggers) have pretty much dragged blackberry through the S******. I excluded reviewers in my ( ) because they for the most part offered honest reviews of the products (as they usually do) and on the average was very well received.

But the pure negativity, hate and lack of fact based pessimism around the product has brought a great company and its products to the brim of extinction.

The fanboy-ism culture has really took a foot hold and there are camps everywhere bashing on eachother. But the most unanimous culture among them all is that Blackberry is a waste product.

It seems they lack vision, to really see the potential of the platform - a new way of navigating and more quickly using it as a communication device. A platform with a more efficiency in task management and integration of communication flow.

While I agree most platforms deliver media better especially with the greater apps library and developer support, if Blackberry had that same support, I feel it would have potential to be better than the big 2 currently.

I deeply saddens me that this race seems to be turning into only 3 runners with 1 unfairly being held back.

I wish everyone the best of luck going forward and hope the firm stays together, goes private and Blackberry can focus on rebuilding itself.

Cheers Everyone!

Have an amazing day. <3

-End Rant
    09-24-13 09:16 AM
    So why are we getting press releases bragging about 60 device deployments and Heins hiding behind 'Test servers'? I'd heard rumors from resellers that BES10 take-up was dreadful but I'd dismissed them and was confidant that the enterprise services side would take off but after seeing that Press Release I'm now starting to reconsider that position.
    Because enterprises have the foot on the break until the situation is sorted out. Not because of the implicit value of the BB10 platform/devices that no one in the enterprise world can afford to bash. Going private solves this problem.
    A quick note while we wait for more news.
    I talked with son (9 years old) about his investment in BBRY last night. Explained to him about Prem's $9 bid.
    He said "yeah, but no one offer their best price first, right?"
    Then he continued "Rick [from PawnStar] always offer people half of they asked and then cut the differences a few times, so I think that it [BBRY bid] will go much higher than $9 - I will hold!"

I can't argue with that.

This kid has selective-photographic memory with logics & computing speed faster than I can type into my calculator.
    Good morning class!

Both Prem and Mikey had plenty of time to sell their shares $ 2.00 higher than today's price. Why didn't they?
    Same reason you didn't sell yours at $18???
    mikeo007 likes this.
    09-24-13 09:17 AM
    Some levity for you here, they'll never know will they? And no I don't think bbry will benefit by me posting this for those of you who seem to care, just thought it was funny.

INSIDE SCOOP: Is your iPhone 5S vulnerable? Video
    CNET - 1 hour ago
    To play this video, you need Javascript enabled and the latest version of Flash installed. Install Flash now.
    09-24-13 09:17 AM
    If he cannot secure financing, it is entirely plausible.
    True, but unlikely before the "end".
    09-24-13 09:18 AM
    Prem has enough blackberry shares for downpayment. Company it self has enough cash for operation/downpayment. It is no brainer.
    09-24-13 09:19 AM
    I talked with son (9 years old) about his investment in BBRY last night. Explained to him about Prem's $9 bid.
    Then he continued "Rick [from PawnStar] always offer people half of they asked and then cut the differences a few times, so I think that it [BBRY bid] will go much higher than $9 - I will hold!"

I can't argue with that.

This kid has selective-photographic memory with logics & computing speed faster than I can type into my calculator.
    smarter than me, and a better investor fml... lol

Same reason you didn't sell yours at $18???
    I am certain I read a post once that M8 sold a big block of his shares at 18 when it hit... could be wrong though.
    09-24-13 09:19 AM

I can't argue with that.

Be it only a game for now, hopefully
    09-24-13 09:20 AM
    Prem has enough blackberry shares for downpayment. Company it self has enough cash for operation/downpayment. It is no brainer.
    Add to that the fact that it is not Prem and Fairfax alone.... there is other money in kitty here.
    09-24-13 09:22 AM
    Too bad the good news is not going to help the stock right now. It is going to be pinned to $9 due to the buyout.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe. Could always be another offer. Kinda sorta.
    09-24-13 09:22 AM
    On other news ... may sound familiar to some conspiracy addicts ...
    Nokia CEO Elop contract details: had big incentive to crash shares | BGR
    09-24-13 09:23 AM
    Anything is worth what someone will pay for it. Seems that many folks aren't sure about the price, given the current SP.
    09-24-13 09:27 AM
    Good morning class!

Both Prem and Mikey had plenty of time to sell their shares $ 2.00 higher than today's price. Why didn't they?
    How do we know that they did not sell some? Do they not have a period of time before they would have to report it?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 09:27 AM
    It's pretty straight forward, how do you add volume with something that nobody wants to buy?
    Ah I see what you mean, you misunderstand.

A fixes volume will always be there. These will be the industries and enterprises which cannot offer BYOD or choose not to. There are a number of these entities still around DOD being one of them.

This would be the fixed volume, even if it is 5 million units a year.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 09:28 AM
    National Bank Financial upgraded BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) from �underperform� to �sector perform.� The target price for BlackBerry has been raised from $5 to $9.
    I wonder what the heck made them do that? Duh!
    cjcampbell and sidhuk like this.
    09-24-13 09:28 AM
    smarter than me, and a better investor fml... lol

I am certain I read a post once that M8 sold a big block of his shares at 18 when it hit... could be wrong though.
    And I sold enough between $15 and 16. Did my swing trades at least 6 times between $12.30 and $16.10. But always kept holding another block for long term.
    Dont like the BS I am given by others that Longs dont know how to make money and shorts always make money.
    Sorry Kid Vibe, dont feel like replying to people on my ignore list.
    bungaboy and cjcampbell like this.
    09-24-13 09:30 AM
    Well I hope the second bid will be worth considering. Are you implying that shareholders who have sold for $9 got hustled? Anyway I miss the daily TA.

Posted via a laser focused BB10 device
    Ribes Nigrum!!

The current price is what it is, they offered $ 9.00/shr and if that looks good to you, it's a fair price. As you can see by the volume, the shares are being picked up at an alarming rate here. That's a run of 16 million shares in the first 1/2 hour. Shareholders are voting right now, they are giving Prem their shares at $ 8.63/shr currently, telling him to take over the company. If he gets to 90% it's a done deal. So someone interested in the company has to buy his shares at a price that he will accept. Time is of the essence here, if MSFT wanted to buy the company, they now have to deal with Prem and Mikey, its that simple, what would those two want to hand over their shares? MSFT could offer $ 13.50/shr and these guys might not go for it.

I keep reading that Prem doesn't have the financing, give your head a shake people!! We had 16 million shares trading in the first 1/2 hour, they are going to Prem and he is buying them with MONEY! He is invested in the takeover at a large risk and therefore he needs to receive something for the risk if the company goes with MSFT. Watch the volume to see if you think he will have enough shares to own the company. Whomever wants to be a part of BlackBerry needs to step up here and make themselves known, the sooner the better as they need to capture shares too. Prem is free to buy shares in the company at all prices, that includes a MSFT price of $ 13.50/shr, he can buy those too. This is the beginning of an interesting battle, rarely do we see an uncontested battle with no one interested in the prize. They don't make prizes like this one every day.

Thanks for the comment on the TA, as you know they will look at the chart and see that BBRY has rarely traded this low in 2013. Yet another factor in buying the company.
    09-24-13 09:31 AM
    LoL I Dont Drink coffee.
    Have a Jack on me then !
    sidhuk likes this.
    09-24-13 09:33 AM
    Bidding war...maybe?

With an official bid now on the table, and a November 4 deadline, Watsa�s bid creates a virtually risk-free trade for other influential investors to enter the trade. By stepping in today, an activist investor or group would have a floor in Watsa�s bid, and the power to influence shareholders to fight for a higher price for their shares.

Moreover, we have 42 days to see if another buyer, with a better bid, will come to the table. In Blackberry, we have the real opportunity for a bidding war. An activist investor that enters Blackberry may find himself owning shares in a company with an implicit floor, while composing a bidding war.
    Watsa's Blackberry Bid May Not Be The Last One - Forbes
    09-24-13 09:34 AM
    Ribes Nigrum!!

The current price is what it is, they offered $ 9.00/shr and if that looks good to you, it's a fair price. As you can see by the volume, the shares are being picked up at an alarming rate here. That's a run of 16 million shares in the first 1/2 hour. Shareholders are voting right now, they are giving Prem their shares at $ 8.63/shr currently, telling him to take over the company. If he gets to 90% it's a done deal. So someone interested in the company has to buy his shares at a price that he will accept. Time is of the essence here, if MSFT wanted to buy the company, they now have to deal with Prem and Mikey, its that simple, what would those two want to hand over their shares? MSFT could offer $ 13.50/shr and these guys might not go for it.

I keep reading that Prem doesn't have the financing, give your head a shake people!! We had 16 million shares trading in the first 1/2 hour, they are going to Prem and he is buying them with MONEY! He is invested in the takeover at a large risk and therefore he needs to receive something for the risk if the company goes with MSFT. Watch the volume to see if you think he will have enough shares to own the company. Whomever wants to be a part of BlackBerry needs to step up here and make themselves known, the sooner the better as they need to capture shares too. Prem is free to buy shares in the company at all prices, that includes a MSFT price of $ 13.50/shr, he can buy those too. This is the beginning of an interesting battle, rarely do we see an uncontested battle with no one interested in the prize. They don't make prizes like this one every day.

Thanks for the comment on the TA, as you know they will look at the chart and see that BBRY has rarely traded this low in 2013. Yet another factor in buying the company.
    May I understand MSFT does play this battle ?
    09-24-13 09:37 AM
    There is other weird scenario in which Heins, BoD and Watsa are trying to make things look as if they orchestrated all the bad news to favor a low offer from Watsa, but in reality the offer is not firm and they are praying for someone to fall in the trap with a higher offer.
    danprown likes this.
    09-24-13 09:39 AM
    I watched as much as I could, the 2 financial networks of note here in the USA (CNBC and Bloomberg - I do not watch Fox anything). The themes there contrast greatly with what I read here so much so I think it bears a post.

1. There was shock at the $9 price - but the shock was that someone wanted to pay "that much".
    2. As far as we know, Prem and Fairfax have only pledged the 10% holding to the deal. They have not named the members of their consortium, nor have they stated where the money will come from for financing the deal, leaving that suspect as well. They did name 2 banks, one US and one Canadian with whom they are discussing the transaction, but nothing is firm at this point.
    3. Because of the uncertainty of #1 and #2, this does not help BlackBerry to convince those they are chasing after to upgrade to BES 10 to do so because with Fairfax, there is no certainty as to what the company will look like once it's bought. If Fairfax needs a fair amount of the cash in BBRY to finance the transaction, that takes it away from the company for day to day operations. Some have stated that cash burn for the last quarter could be as high as 500 million dollars, and we have no indications yet on the more recent sales of BB10 as that's a number that BBRY have never formally released. Has cash burn been stabilized or was an accelerating burn the impetus to all this machinations over the last week?

Rather than bring certainty, as a merger with a tech giant such as MSFT or Sony might bring, this just brings more uncertainty.

The current stock price is telling you that Wall Street still has doubts about this going through in the end.
    09-24-13 09:43 AM
113,256 ... 20042005200620072008 ...