View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I'd like to know who the consortium is and how many shares they control? Is Mike L part of it?
    09-23-13 01:39 PM
    FAIRFAX DOES NOT HAVE FINANCING!!!!! CNBC reporting.
    09-23-13 01:40 PM
    How much a share?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 01:41 PM
    XBBM purposely pulled - to give bad news and move SP down
    1B writedown on product about 8 months old - take away from the SP price (shareholders) and give free inventory to the buyer upon purchase

Yes all deliberate to bring down the SP.

I saw this coming - but I also saw this happening so $11-13 would be more palatable for the stock owners. Let's hear $11 from Samsung. Maybe Prem is hedging his bets by saying he'll either take the company for super cheap at $9 and build from there, or put a floor at $9 and let the bidding begin.

Morgan - is that $0.30 per share termination fee reasonable? That's a 3% SP hit if another offer comes in? Not too bad I guess.
    Making a lot of sense imagine if launch went as planned and millions had signed on to Bbm that would drive the price over 9 dollars.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 01:42 PM
    1B writedown on product about 8 months old - take away from the SP price (shareholders) and give free inventory to the buyer upon purchase

Yes all deliberate to bring down the SP.

I saw this coming - but I also saw this happening so $11-13 would be more palatable for the stock owners. Let's hear $11 from Samsung. Maybe Prem is hedging his bets by saying he'll either take the company for super cheap at $9 and build from there, or put a floor at $9 and let the bidding begin.

Morgan - is that $0.30 per share termination fee reasonable? That's a 3% SP hit if another offer comes in? Not too bad I guess.
    I'd be extremely happy with a Samsung buyout.

Samsung already believed to be building their own OS, which they would have no difficulty in finding developers to create or port apps to added with BB features and security. Top of the line hardware with top of the line os and a great selection to apps. Sign me up.
    Terms were subject to DD and securing financing.

Posted via CB10
    peter9477 likes this.
    fairfax does not have financing!!!!! Cnbc reporting.
    you obviously didnt read the press release!!!
    peter9477 likes this.
    09-23-13 01:43 PM
    So if BlackBerry backs out of the deal, it would owe Fairfax a fee of 30 cents a share, or about $157 million.
    No, BBRY would owe them $150 million or about 30 cents per share.
    I am not trying to troll here, but if the core group in this forum truly believes there will be a lineup of competing bids... you've completely lost your minds. Might there be a better offer? Maybe. If there is though, it will not be substantially higher. Less than $10/share most likely.

What I like about the Fairfax offer is this: It is the best possible outcome for BBRY employees, the city of Waterloo and the technology sector in Canada as a whole. The Fairfax consortium is unlikely to break up the company for parts, and will most likely continue to execute their strategy away from the prying eyes of analysts and the stock market. Just what the company needs, IMO.
    Gekko, why are you wasting your and our time repeating what you have already said? I think everyone got it.
    You don't have to answer, just stop it.
    ahh dude, why did you need to say something? It was fvcking halarious reading him repeat himself and no one answering ....
    09-23-13 01:44 PM
    Where?

is Stymie and Heins in cahoots with Watsa?
    My thoughts on the deal in 6 seconds:
    danprown likes this.
    Terms were subject to DD and securing financing.

Posted via CB10
    Then it may still go much lower, right? The chance exists.
    crackerdoodle likes this.
    anamar_97[/B];9223606]Hi Morgan,
    Can you share your thoughts on how high a counter offer could come in at knowing that Prem would likely raise his offer?

thanks
    I can, its complicated because you have Prem, the guy who already owns shares, plus Mikey etc., so they control at least 17% of the company to begin with. Then you have him averaging down today with XXXX number of shares at sub- $ 9.00/shr.. And so his offer is based upon the shares they don't control now. But, because they are first movers, they are much closer to the 90% approval that needs to be accomplished at the vote, to declare the deal is approved.

So others, now have to offer cash for all of the shares, again, they too need at least 90% of the stock to compete against Prem. Let's say he averages down to $ 13.00/shr with this offer, and Mikey would have liked to get $ 13.00/shr himself, that's the level that MSFT or CSCO would have to come into bid for the company to get their needed block of stock. So the next step is, what is the company worth to you as a buyer less the cash? The answer is the sum of the parts analysis and that number could be around Book Value especially as now they have cleaned house. I could see a situation where the final offer tops BV here. But a lot of stock will trade on the way up here. Say MSFT wants Enterprise, they want the Patents and they want some other stuff, they bid for the company minus the things they don't want, and of course, less cash, and we see numbers climb. This is not the only offer, it is Prem announcing that he is going above 10% ownership, that's all it is. He is averaging down here. Be patient and enjoy this valuable lesson. It is far from over.
    09-23-13 01:45 PM
    you obviously didnt read the press release!!!
    Sorry, to busy listening to actual experts who are paid for their opinion vs SGOTI who has been completely wrong at every step.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    09-23-13 01:46 PM
    Then it may still go much lower, right? The chance exists.
    Or stay the same...or higher...who know lol... I'm in till the fat lady sings.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 01:47 PM
    Or stay the same...or higher...who know lol... I'm in till the fat lady sings.

Posted via CB10
    And I truly, sincerely wish you, and many others, the very best. I'm personally glad I got out on Friday.
    Shanerredflag and sr2w like this.
    09-23-13 01:49 PM
    Thanks, Morgan. Sorry everyone, I have to admit I'm still not following the process regarding the short sellers.

To me, it seems short sellers should have to bid on the open market to buy back the shares they borrowed. In that sense, they would be competing with Watsa, who is trying to acquire as many shares at $9 or lower as he can. But it sounds like someone is selling them shares at $9... who? Why?
    morganplus8 likes this.
    My guess is you will see it reopen slightly above $9 with an expectation the cash alone would bring a bid from another slightly above the Fairfax offer.
    The cash is a wash, it doesn't have any extra value. The market is telling us they don't think there are many other bidders out there. PW is going to take a huge hit on its 17 per share here. This offer is shocking to me. Sorry guys.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and sakin13 like this.
    OH ...someone didn't say it .....WE'RE GREEN

.....sorry, you have to keep your sense of humour or you'll go crazy I'm told.
    09-23-13 01:50 PM

Yeah, that's cheap, remember if the deal falls through, Prem will own a ton of stock that will go down in price. So he is gambling that the deal will go through, not trying to make money on it. Can you imagine what the price of the stock will be if the deal fails? LOL

I'm okay with the charge and see the risk. He is averaging down here and is in the game to conclude the nightmare that is BlackBerry. He sees a ton of value to do it, do others?
    09-23-13 01:51 PM
    OH ...someone didn't say it .....WE'RE GREEN

.....sorry, you have to keep your sense of humour or you'll go crazy I'm told.
    We need more cowbell!

Posted via CB10
    What the hell happened to options ? both calls and puts lost so much value.
    What the hell happened to options ? both calls and puts lost so much value.
    lots of uncertainty removed.
    09-23-13 01:52 PM
113,251 ... 19992000200120022003 ...