View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Kris Erickson[/B];9223323]Does this deal mean B is going private now?
    It is now officially up for sale. The first round has been played and we have eight more innings to go. Prem needs to get this approved and voted on, that's a long way to go but it is likely he could end up with the company becasue he is first mover here. He owns some shares, his buddies own some shares, they are collecting more at $ 9.00/shr here and the shorts are looking to cover. He still needs enough shares to go to the board and get approval. He might have to raise his price several times and he doesn't care because he is the lowest buyer of everyone out there now, being first mover is the best way to acquire a company. It's in MSFT's court, Lenovo etc., now.
    09-23-13 01:11 PM
    This is just "too bad to be true"
    Hahaha.
    First bid is very important. IMO.
    Plus every one knows that company had to be beaten by the insiders this bad but still offered $9.00.
    This is just too fishy. There is lots wrong with this picture.
    An attempt to rob the share holders. Timing of many things have white collar crime written all over it.
    LoL. Beats many hollywood scripts.
    09-23-13 01:12 PM
    One big condition is that Fairfax has six weeks to conduct due diligence first. Doesn't Prem already know what's there? Is he going to find a skeleton to scare him off?
    standard deal terms. but it gives him a possible out if needed.
    09-23-13 01:13 PM
    You mean Thorsten missed something on the to-do list that Prem W and Mike L. gave him? I think not.

One big condition is that Fairfax has six weeks to conduct due diligence first. Doesn't Prem already know what's there? Is he going to find a skeleton to scare him off?
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    Well, there you go, you can close this thread now. Your shares are worth $9 each and we're done here.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-image.png
    bungaboy and bigbadben10 like this.
    So, is this the end of technical analysis for BBRY? If so, then are the TA people now analyzing strategy and market position?
    So consensus view is 'wait and see' or 'sell at anything over $9'?
    The upside is a higher competing bid. The downside is that the deal may fall through for whatever reason and BBRY could be worth less when that happens.

I am inclined to believe this is a good offer for large BBRY shareholders and it will be approved.
    09-23-13 01:14 PM
    LOL, people here counting PW to save the shareholders.
    What a joke.
    Said who ?
    bungaboy and abouthsu like this.
    09-23-13 01:16 PM
    something in this whole thing just DOES NOT pass the smell test IMO ...........
    low today was 8.20. he offered 9.00 which is a 10% premium. sounds defensible.
    There is a battle going on between the "proprietors" and the common folk.

This is just "too bad to be true"
    Hahaha.
    First bid is very important. IMO.
    Plus every one knows that company had to be beaten by the insiders this bad but still offered $9.00.
    This is just too fishy. There is lots wrong with this picture.
    An attempt to rob the share holders. Timing of many things have white collar crime written all over it.
    LoL. Beats many hollywood scripts.
    So, is this the end of technical analysis for BBRY? If so, then are the TA people now analyzing strategy and market position?
    Yes. And you can relax now.
    Prem Watsa is gonna get the company for a nice price, get rid of the garbage and make a nice buck on the valuable pieces
    Did you think he was going to over pay and end up losing money?

At least when MS bought Nokia they were showing signs of turning things around and building towards a viable and profitable mobile platform. BB just showed the world that their whole hardware and mobile OS was almost worthless. What have they sold in 6 months.... 5M devices maybe?? And that is ONLY because people bought into the idea of BlackBerry making a turn around. Now that the truth is out, sales are going to dry up quicker that rain shower in the desert.
    09-23-13 01:17 PM
    It is now officially up for sale. The first round has been played and we have eight more innings to go. Prem needs to get this approved and voted on, that's a long way to go but it is likely he could end up with the company becasue he is first mover here. He owns some shares, his buddies own some shares, they are collecting more at $ 9.00/shr here and the shorts are looking to cover. He still needs enough shares to go to the board and get approval. He might have to raise his price several times and he doesn't care because he is the lowest buyer of everyone out there now, being first mover is the best way to acquire a company. It's in MSFT's court, Lenovo etc., now.
    he's not the first mover - he's the ONLY mover.
    09-23-13 01:17 PM
    Ok.... price dropping into the $8.80 range. Why would everyone not just vacuum up any shares under $8.99 unless they were sure the deal was going to fail?
    morganplus8 and anon(4086547) like this.
    09-23-13 01:18 PM
    Hi Morgan; why hasn't there been any short squeeze since it resumed?
    leafs123[/B];9223359]One big condition is that Fairfax has six weeks to conduct due diligence first. Doesn't Prem already know what's there? Is he going to find a skeleton to scare him off?
    No, he knows the company better than anyone else, they had to provide time in their offer or it would have been turned down immediately. They are now buying shares of BBRY for $ 9.00/shr, all of them, they are averaging down and he would sell out as soon as someone comes along and offers him what he personally wants for all of his stock. He has gone beyond 10% of the stock and holds control of the buyout. Sit back and enjoy this, learn something about the market and listen to the news. We are one more offer away from killing that "take under BS)".
    Ok.... price dropping into the $8.80 range. Why would everyone not just vacuum up any shares under $8.99 unless they were sure the deal was going to fail?
    that's the arbitrage. the 20 cents difference is what the market prices in as risk of the deal not going through at this moment in time.
    I'm laughing at the folks who think there will be "competing bids" and that somehow it's in question whether or not the BBRY and Prem's boards will approve.

It's $9 folks. The fat lady has sung. In Indian.
    Absolutely. In contrast to the first inning analogy, it's the bottom of the 9th and there are 2 outs and an 0-2 count.

Lest anyone forget, they started trying to sell in March of 2012. It wasn't just in August. At $6 a share with a load of potential in BBOS10, they couldn't get a taker. Now, BBOS10 is dead on the vine. Take the money and run.

Did none of you take note of the fact that BBM failed this weekend????
    mikeo007 and Etios like this.
    09-23-13 01:20 PM
    Hi Morgan; why hasn't there been any short squeeze since it resumed?
    There won't be a squeeze, there is an arbitrator trading the stock right now and they offer Prem's shares to shorts so that they can cover and send them right back to Prem. Unfortunately, this is how it goes, the short position will be taken up at the $ 9.00 level until they are all gone.
    09-23-13 01:21 PM
    everyone can take a deep breath now. $9.00 barring any bids will be what the price stabilizes at for the next few days. Lets see what shakes out. If we start hearing more reports of people sniffing around great, if all goes quiet, sell at $9, take your fvcking lumps and get on with it. I've made, I've lost. This isn't the first time I've lost a bit of scratch, won't be the last. In the end I'm still up in life ......is what it is.

Time to start searching out my next play.
    He's nine...your seriously dissing a nine year old....your mother must be so proud.

Posted via CB10
    Shane, 50 cal comin your way!
    I'd hope that with a $9 bid that opens the doors for previously interested buyers to re-evaluate their interest.

I mean for these other companies that were expecting to pay 14-15 maybe now is a time to re-evaluate their interest at 10-12. You never know
    09-23-13 01:22 PM
    I understand that first offer at $9 opens the doors for other bids, but it looks like any hopes of $15 are out the door.

Unless someone with more experience has seen a buyout where the offer is increased by that much...
    09-23-13 01:23 PM
    So, some of here must know more about this than the markets do. It certainly doesn't look the the Wall Street professionals are sitting back and anticipating higher bids, does it?
    09-23-13 01:23 PM
113,256 ... 19971998199920002001 ...