View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    we are all in that boat, with the probable exception of BThunderW, who probably did sell at $17 and bought back in at $14..lol
    StormieTwo likes this.
    02-13-13 01:24 PM
    This is I think the 5th time I've thought to myself "I wish I had sold at $17 and then re-bought today at $14ish"
    I am afraid that if I sell, it might not pull back again, and there might be a short squeeze and I'll end up missing on a huge rally. So, I continue to HOLD. But all these swings make me think ..what if I had sold 3 days ago and bought again today? It's crazy watching this stock!
    I hear ya there...me too. Just to volatile.
    02-13-13 01:31 PM
    (very friendly): let's end this apple complex for good. Samsung is nowhere in enterprises, yet they're number 1 and generate piles of revenues. apple in enterprises and governments ? Ok, let's cash some BES10 CALs, no drama. As-of-date that's the only entry apple have for mid-sensitive business/administrations.
    LOL...I am 5000 shares in and see that as an absolute worst case.

Personally, I am looking forward to when Thor starts listing off the government and private sector organizations that are upgrading to the Z10/Q10.

Superfly_FR, Jince and MrBurns2U like this.
    02-13-13 01:32 PM
    (I apologize if this was mentioned)... maybe stock tumble in the last couple of days is due to the latest round of layoffs at BlackBerry? Even though it was budgeted, this kind of headline is negative for obvious reasons.
    02-13-13 01:32 PM
    What the ****? The share price should NOT continue to decay! There is no negative news and there is positive news about adoption of BB10. Even on no news or rumors, there should not be this decay!

BFD if there is news and the price pops...all the way back to $17. It should be above $20 now and climbing. There is crime afoot with this decay, no other explanation. Patience is wearing thin.
    02-13-13 01:33 PM
    What the ****? The share price should NOT continue to decay! There is no negative news and there is positive news about adoption of BB10. Even on no news or rumors, there should not be this decay!

BFD if there is news and the price pops...all the way back to $17. It should be above $20 now and climbing. There is crime afoot with this decay, no other explanation. Patience is wearing thin.

CORRECTION: There is loads of "bad news" and while it may be bull**** bad news and analyst "opinion" it's not offset by solid data or positive news. So, the price falls. This is intentional Wall Street stock decay to protect the shorts.
    silversun10 and Shanerredflag like this.
    02-13-13 01:38 PM
    lets not forget this from just 13 days ago:
    BlackBerry 10 analysis: Goldman Sachs says ignore the chatter | BGR

Goldman Sachs analyst Simona Jankowski urged investors to take advantage of BlackBerry’s recent slide and buy shares at a discount.

“We continue to see significant upside to estimates over the next three quarters, as BB10 devices drive upside to the Street’s ASP and margin forecasts,” Jankowski wrote. ”With 110 carriers completing lab testing by February, 50 carriers offering integrated billing, and Verizon getting an exclusive for the white Z10, we continue to see strong carrier support for BB10. Consumer adoption will decide the ultimate outcome, but estimate revisions should be a positive catalyst in the meantime.”

Jankowski also noted that BlackBerry Z10 sales could reach roughly 1 million units in the UK and Canada alone. The analyst believes BlackBerry World is off to a solid start with more than 70,000 available BlackBerry 10 apps, and the new platform includes a number of novel features that will attract attention.

Jankowski reiterated a Buy rating on BlackBerry shares with a $19 price target.
    02-13-13 01:40 PM
    But the chatter is not being ignored and the price continues to drop. That makes a big rally have to climb a big hill just to get to where we were weeks ago, before the successful launch. Sucks.
    02-13-13 01:56 PM
    Agreed, we just have to hold on a bit longer. It's like Scottie on Star Trek telling the Captain he can't hold on much longer. hahaha. They always pulled through in the end and we will too.
    02-13-13 02:00 PM
    seems to have hit some strong resistance around 14.20
    02-13-13 02:02 PM
    If shorts are manipulating stock, it follows that they'll take advantage of the dip. And that will make the stock price rise again. But that's not happening. Short interest is still quite high. So, I am not sure what's going on. It doesn't seem like intentional manipulation of stocks by shorts/hedge funds. If they were manipulating it down, they'd be buying today!
    02-13-13 02:02 PM
    Well 14 seems to be where the technical analysts (e.g. morganplus8) think the bottom is on no news, so a bunch of people have probably set buy limits in that price zone = resistance.
    02-13-13 02:03 PM
    so far, the Z10 has exceeded sales expectations everywhere it has been released.
    this will have to mean something positive when the numbers eventually come out.

any guesses what the stock will be in 2 months time?
    i'm saying $25/share.
    Q1=17ish, Q2=22ish, Q3=24ish, Q4=28ish...then if #'s are amazing and some good news of even more revenue streams comes in up up and away with the price. I also believe the shorts are going to hang around until at least Q3...we shall see.
    02-13-13 02:03 PM
    Looks like we might be entering the $13 range......
    02-13-13 02:19 PM
    Q1=17ish, Q2=22ish, Q3=24ish, Q4=28ish...then if #'s are amazing and some good news of even more revenue streams comes in up up and away with the price. I also believe the shorts are going to hang around until at least Q3...we shall see.
    Well, with US delay, here are my revised predictions:
    $25+ by June
    $40+ by Oct
    $65+ by Dec
    02-13-13 02:21 PM
    hang on tight guys............it's gonna be a real bumpy ride.
    02-13-13 02:25 PM
    As I said in another post BB is repeating old mistakes and have not learnt the lessions. US launch dates, communications, PR, apps gives fuel to shorts to play with this stock like toy. It is hard to belive that all these longs can not do much.
    02-13-13 02:32 PM
    what a week. no need to panic, stay strong stay long
    but they need to start releasing some numbers soon.......
    Their communications team is one of the worst.

As I said in another post BB is repeating old mistakes and have not learnt the lessions. US launch dates, communications, PR, apps gives fuel to shorts to play with this stock like toy. It is hard to belive that all these longs can not do much.
    wow ive never seen a share drop down this fast every time i refresh it seems to be dropping a few cents..
    02-13-13 02:33 PM
    I think i know why the stock price is tanking today. There's news saying that blackberry made a statement that they wont be releasing any entry level phones this year.

I wonder if they will be selling those high end bb7s (bolds and torches) as their low end products?
    02-13-13 02:34 PM
    I think i know why the stock price is tanking today. There's news saying that blackberry made a statement that they wont be releasing any entry level phones this year.

I wonder if they will be selling those high end bb7s (bolds and torches) as their low end products?
    That was their UK MD or something who said that. Was he referencing the UK market alone or in general? It is unclear. BB said they plan to release 6 devices this year.
    02-13-13 02:39 PM

Here is a link for that. I am not vouching for for any information, just providing a link

BlackBerry won't offer an entry-level BlackBerry 10 model this year; BB 7 continues to sell well
    02-13-13 02:39 PM
    No, Thor made a statement that some of the six devices would be more affrdable otions. I just can't find the link right now.
    02-13-13 02:41 PM
    Im sure blackberry understands that the low end market is important and is very lucrative. The stock price is down due to overreaction to that news but blackberry is not stupid. They have a plan and a reason why theyre not releasing entry level phone. Price should bounce high in next few days. I would load up in shates.
    02-13-13 02:44 PM
113,256 ... 197198199200201 ...