View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    The main advantage of a low profile Z30 launch is that it doesn't set high sales expectations. When sales numbers start coming in, it won't be as much of an embarrassment as it could have been. Besides, there are two built-in excuses already. One, BlackBerry deliberately chose a low-key marketing approach. Two, the company was up for sale, what did you expect?
    09-18-13 07:13 AM
    It is almost like time has passed!
    "they say that time heals all things".
    cgk likes this.
    09-18-13 07:14 AM
    Maybe this is what Blackberry needed and will truely help make the turn for them.
    It should be approached with "some" caution as we all have been here before.
    The Z30 does seem like good device. The battery will be a good selling point.

Can't wait for some reviews
    Here's one (link courtesy to James on CB homepage : BlackBerry Z30 unboxing crops up on the web | CrackBerry.com)

"This is what the Z10 should have been whe it came out" (+me: and 10.2 what 10.0 should have too)
    Bright product, right timing, right price.
    No there's no excuse: SELL LIKE HELL !!!!

EDITED: CNET's early review : http://reviews.cnet.com/smartphones/blackberry-z30/4505-6452_7-35827877.html

BlackBerry just pulled the wraps off its new flagship smartphone, the BlackBerry Z30. Billed by the company as biggest, most capable handset ever, the Z30 features a large 5-inch AMOLED screen, updated BB 10.2 software, and a high-capacity battery.
    Design
    If you were left underwhelmed by BlackBerry's first BB10 smartphone, the BlackBerry Z10, you're not alone. Sales figures for the device apparently have been dismal and even the more traditional physical-keyboard touting Q10 didn't exactly fly off store shelves.
    With the Z30, however, BlackBerry decided to make a larger splash. Most notably is the Z30's massive footprint and gargantuan 5-inch screen to match. Sure, compared with the latest Android monster devices such as the Samsung Galaxy S4, HTC One, Motorola Droid Maxx, not to mention the Galaxy Megas and Xperia Z Ultras of the world, the Z30 isn't that huge.
    Stacked up against the BlackBerry Z10 with its smaller stature, and 4.2-inch LCD screen, the Z30 represents a significant departure. Its sizable display which uses AMOLED technology is a first for the company and should (hopefully) offer image quality on par with competing superphones.
    The Z30 features enhanced stereo speakers.
    (Credit: BlackBerry)
    Another interesting twist is the Z30's array of stereo speakers which seem to be ripped right out of the HTC One's playbook. BlackBerry doesn't call it BoomSound though, but instead refers to its audio solution as Natural Sound. And true to BlackBerry's business cred, the Z30's enhanced speakers are touted to not only pump up music and video but also video conferencing and spoken communication as well.
    Core components
    Inside the Z30 is a 1.7GHz processor coupled with quad-core graphics. BlackBerry doesn't cough up more detail than that but I can read between the lines. This sounds like the same 1.7GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 Pro CPU that Motorola's X8 chip is built around. The X8 also relies on quad-core Adreno graphics which is awfully coincidental. Whatever silicon this is, it a bump up from the Z10's 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4 hardware.
    Brainy messaging
    Running the new BB 10.2 operating system, the Z30 has upgraded message handling. Called the Priority Hub, this solution says BlackBerry, is the same as the previous BlackBerry Hub found on the Z10 and Q10, only smarter.
    The Hub on those phones put all your messages across e-mail, social media, texts, voicemail, etc. in one handy spot. The Priority Hub is designed to take things one step further, intelligently analyzing who you chat with most often and place higher-priority conversations up top where you'll see them.
    Keyboard fanatics will be glad learn that the Z30 will also feature the well-designed virtual text entry method first offered by the Z10.
    One big battery
    BlackBerry devices in my experience have always exhibited excellent battery life, at least compared with power-hungry Android hot rods. The Z30 though, perhaps to bolster its large display, comes equipped with a high-capacity 2,880 mAh battery. That's even larger than the Q10's sizable 2,100 mAh battery and a lot more robust than the Z10's 1,800 mAh power source. More impressive is the claimed 25 hours of "mixed use" BlackBerry says you can squeeze out of the gadget.
    Availability and outlook
    BlackBerry hasn't announced pricing for the Z30 just yet but it does expect the device to hit store shelves in the UK and the Middle East next week. It could also end up in "other regions" buy the holiday season. I hope that means we'll see the Z30 globally soon since I'd love to give this gizmo a spin.
    09-18-13 07:20 AM
    The main advantage of a low profile Z30 launch is that it doesn't set high sales expectations. When sales numbers start coming in, it won't be as much of an embarrassment as it could have been. Besides, there are two built-in excuses already. One, BlackBerry deliberately chose a low-key marketing approach. Two, the company was up for sale, what did you expect?
    Yes yes I know bbry=not palm but this is the sort of conversation we were having at WebOsnation at the end. I suspect and this is just a hunch it is low key because they either have low or no carrier support in some markets. That and the attention at the top has shifted to the software/services and this was the best the hardware side could manage with the resources available to them.

Moreover where is Heins in all this? He didn't even have a soundbit in the press releases I have seen and isn't mentioned at all - like he is distancing himself.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 4
    rodan01 and Marc_Paradise like this.
    09-18-13 07:21 AM
    So far so good in PM, nothing really noticeable but green
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png  
    bungaboy and plasmid_boy like this.
    09-18-13 07:24 AM
    Perhaps they have learned not to use TH for announcing products due to his poor presentation skills?

We all suggested it before?

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 07:42 AM
    Yes yes I know bbry=not palm but this is the sort of conversation we were having at WebOsnation at the end. I suspect and this is just a hunch it is low key because they either have low or no carrier support in some markets. That and the attention at the top has shifted to the software/services and this was the best the hardware side could manage with the resources available to them.

Moreover where is Heins in all this? He didn't even have a soundbit in the press releases I have seen and isn't mentioned at all - like he is distancing himself.

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 4
    it is getting pathetic where everybody is trying to imitate Jobs with new phone introductions. enough of that, let BB do something original for a change
    09-18-13 07:54 AM
    i think shareholders of BB have been hammered into more than "some caution" by now, so no need to worry about that one.
    pre-market not doing much, perhaps yesterday was a Z30 rally?
    My question is why Blackberry would choose this country to launch their new flagship device.

I know it would cost Blackberry some money but a big splash is what they need now. They need to turn some heads or this will fail just like the Z10 and Q10.
    09-18-13 08:01 AM
    My question is why Blackberry would choose this country to launch their new flagship device.

I know it would cost Blackberry some money but a big splash is what they need now. They need to turn some heads or this will fail just like the Z10 and Q10.
    seems like they have given up on north america
    rodan01 likes this.
    09-18-13 08:08 AM

they can have a big splash in the US, once the phones are available for the US. patience, don't be so overly eager to be critical. BB will surprise you big time.
    09-18-13 08:15 AM
    First off, I might have to go buy another phone, that battery life and sound system are great! Z30 is now a competitor to all other phones.

Here is the updated chart for BBRY:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-chart-sept-18-2013.jpg

Pretty straight forward, we broke above the 20-ema yesterday and today we look to be adding to that. We need to get out of this sidways range of $ 10.20 to $ 11.00/shr. We are likely to rally to the top of the pennant soon and then setup for Q2. Nothing exciting here, but the news was good. I wanted the Z30, I wanted to see BBM-X and I wanted BB 10.2 and got two out of three. That's okay.

Chart for IMG.TO or IAG (US):

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-iag-img-chart-sept-18-2013.jpg

The stock is getting ready to rally here simply because Spot Gold is outside of the Bollinger Bands and near RSI = 37. When gold starts to bottom out, the stock will anticipate this and begin to rally. It stands right at the 50-dma today and shouldn't take much to rally from here if gold can firm at all. This stock is for trading purposes only!!!

My other stocks are screaming ahead, HALO, ACAD and a new one, PSDV are all in 52 week rally mode, nice to have some winners while we wait for BBRY! GL
    09-18-13 08:17 AM
    Could the Z30 news result in a buy on rumor and sell on news rumor move for the stock? Be careful out there!
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    09-18-13 08:20 AM
    Someone please tell me this is a misprint? That price can not be correct. $960 US?????

Blackberry Z30 smartphone - BLACKBERRY - Technology - NEW IN - Home & Tech | selfridges.com
    09-18-13 08:24 AM

Why not Malaysia? How do you know that it wasn't a big splash there?
    And and why did you think that it was cheaper to unveil a phone halfway around the world than to do it at home. Was Apple's unveiling of the iPhone 5S and 5C more splashy and more expensive because they presented them at their own facility?
    Dude, I am understanding your posts less and less over time.
    Who knows what the reason for Malaysia was and who cares. But maybe because it is a good BlackBerry customer? What's wrong with unveiling a new phone at the home of your best customers?
    Jahcure, peter9477, sidhuk and 8 others like this.
    09-18-13 08:28 AM
    To CGK:

I want you to do us a favour.

I would really appreciate it if you would perform a "self assessment" of why you are participating in this thread "I support BBRY and I buy shares !".

I have had you on my ignore list for months, however I continue to see your negative, snipping, cheap shot, **** disturbing posts.

I, like the others here, realize you don't like or support BlackBerry. Why is it you insist on disrupting this thread? So why don't you give it a rest?

Consider even starting your own thread where you and all you friends can unite in your condemnation of all things BlackBerry.

Really man, enough is enough.

Thank you for your cooperation.
    09-18-13 08:35 AM
    seems like they have given up on north america
    Nonsense! They are doing quite well in Canada.
    09-18-13 08:37 AM
    Why not Malaysia? How do you know that it wasn't a big splash there?
    And and why did you think that it was cheaper to unveil a phone halfway around the world than to do it at home. Was Apple's unveiling of the iPhone 5S and 5C more splashy and more expensive because they presented them at their own facility?
    Dude, I am understanding your posts less and less over time.
    Who knows what the reason for Malaysia was and who cares. But maybe because it is a good BlackBerry customer? What's wrong with unveiling a new phone at the home of your best customers?
    300 % Increase in subscriber base there
    09-18-13 08:37 AM
    To CGK:

I want you to do us a favour.

I would really appreciate it if you would perform a "self assessment" of why you are participating in this thread "I support BBRY and I buy shares !".

I have had you on my ignore list for months, however I continue to see your negative, snipping, cheap shot, **** disturbing posts.

I, like the others here, realize you don't like or support BlackBerry. Why is it you insist on disrupting this thread? So why don't you give it a rest?

Consider even starting your own thread where you and all you friends can unite in your condemnation of all things BlackBerry.

Really man, enough is enough.

Thank you for your cooperation.
    I believe that we just saw the unveiling of the world's most innovative phone - period!
    Lets hope that the user experience is good enough for the masses.
    09-18-13 08:42 AM
    The blackberry negative commenters are all over the web today. LoL. Dont own the z30, havnt even seen one in person but yet, it is a bad move. Hahahhahaha. Get a life people.
    09-18-13 08:43 AM
    I believe that we just saw the unveiling of the world's most innovative phone - period!
    Lets hope that the user experience is good enough for the masses.
    Innovative - featuring new methods; advanced and original.

It is a great option for BlackBerry users and those they want to settle (as you said good enough) for the BB10 Platform. But Innovative???

As for the user experience being good enough... I'm not familiar with the market there, but maybe in Malaysia they don't use many apps. In any market where apps aren't already an everyday tool, then BB device should have no problem fitting in.
    09-18-13 08:57 AM
    Who mentioned to open a forum for people who don't want to annoy others on purpose?
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-18-13 09:00 AM
    Innovative - featuring new methods; advanced and original.

It is a great option for BlackBerry users and those they want to settle (as you said good enough) for the BB10 Platform. But Innovative???

As for the user experience being good enough... I'm not familiar with the market there, but maybe in Malaysia they don't use many apps. In any market where apps aren't already an everyday tool, then BB device should have no problem fitting in.
    Why don't you look up their adaptive antenna and then come back here to let us know if that constitutes innovation. It is in every sense of the word and I suspect that all phone manufacturers will license its usage.

Why don't you look up the acoustic processing engine of BlackBerry and then come back to let us know what you find. It is simply the highest fidelity in the business.

When I said enough, I meant enough sugar coating so that ignorant people would take the pill that is good for them. It might be too much to expect people to understand what they can't see or feel. So if the user experience is good enough for them to feel, there is no reason for them not to buy a BlackBerry.

Edit: I didn't need to mention the software side, which is also innovative.
    Last edited by plasmid_boy; 09-18-13 at 09:15 AM.
    09-18-13 09:05 AM
    LOL @ google or yahoo no news stories posted about the new Z30 OR BBM launch
    09-18-13 09:08 AM
    Is the Z30 and bbm for all announcements good the upcoming ER? If I am reading the tea leaves correctly, these announcements should cushion any negative financial ER news. What are your opinions?

I forgot the potential buyout/partnership news should also help.
    09-18-13 09:08 AM
    Ditto. Shouldn't be anything too surprising. It will be nice to see BB in action though, they've been too damn quiet.

LC, when are you selling? Next week?
    Without news, 25 September (next Wednesday). With news, I'll hold.
    Chris2J likes this.
    09-18-13 09:10 AM
113,256 ... 19391940194119421943 ...