View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Well seeing as the stock isn't doing diddly squat today, and HALO was mentioned last week, I was shown another pharma that's been on a tear for the last number of months. DND - Cipher Pharmaceuticals Inc. Just more food for thought for those who may be interested.
    Shanerredflag and abouthsu like this.
    09-10-13 11:43 AM
    Ok....
    Is that a Nebraska accent?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-10-13 11:44 AM
    Your kinfolk LC? lol jk
    LOL, naw, there's no guns or whisky to be seen there.
    09-10-13 11:44 AM
    LOL, naw, there's no guns or whisky to be seen there.
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 11:46 AM
    Oh Blackberry, why so quiet ha!

Something has to be going on behind the scenes that about to make a splash (good or bad). The question is when and what?!
    09-10-13 11:49 AM
    Oh to be young again...Bloomburg just did a piece on The America's Cup...the top crews are getting 7 figure salaries per year ...EACH...on THREE year contracts.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 11:55 AM
    And then they "report" the BS layoff of half the sales force.....facepalm.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 11:57 AM
    Bien s�r, nous sommes du m�me genre. Je suis n� au Vietnam, qui �tait une colonie fran�aise pendant 100 ans. Et j'ai grandi au Canada, qui est � moiti� fran�ais. Excusez mon fran�ais, j'ai v�cu aux US plus de 10 ans.

BTW, my grandfather was half French
    Hey Plasmid, I'd kill to have your French skills in English ! That's perfect !
    Once you go French ...

P.S: tu peux me tutoyer
    sidhuk, plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    09-10-13 11:58 AM
    Of course it will get no attention as the damage has been done and who really wants to hear facts when rumours are far more fun.
    Let's write this where deserved.

Cantech : done
    WSJ : done

f you have other places to copy/paste below ... well, just do it and let's see if the stock ... ok,ok, I'm dreamin'

"We did not cut half of our sales force," said Lisette Kwong, senior manager, corporate communications at BlackBerry. "Instead we are moving a small number of US-focused sales roles that were based in Canada to the US to be more closely aligned with our customers. This is part of the second phase of our transformation plan."
    09-10-13 11:59 AM
    Well seeing as the stock isn't doing diddly squat today, and HALO was mentioned last week, I was shown another pharma that's been on a tear for the last number of months. DND - Cipher Pharmaceuticals Inc. Just more food for thought for those who may be interested.
    On a day like this, anything is good do tell, although HALO is a little red today *cant expect green everyday* but whats the scoop with this DND?
    09-10-13 12:03 PM
    Just a quick update. We have a wedge so far--bullish continuation. Holding above $10.81 is key.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-09-10-1.03.00-pm.jpg
    09-10-13 12:04 PM
    Just a quick update. We have a wedge so far--bullish continuation. Holding above $10.81 is key.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-09-10 at 1.03.00 PM.jpg 
Views:	635 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	200347
    JL, which chart site or tool do u use? stockchart.com seems to be the most common one but with my eyes, i need something bigger!
    09-10-13 12:06 PM
    Geez, following a live blog on the new iPhone. These made me laugh:

Notification Center can be brought up from the lock screen as well as a swipe down from the top.
    Swipe up from the bottom to bring up Command Center.
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-10-13 12:13 PM

Notification Center can be brought up from the lock screen as well as a swipe down from the top.
    Looks Like they are making it as complicated as BB10?
    09-10-13 12:22 PM

Hey, they invented it ... #sad
    09-10-13 12:23 PM
    JL, which chart site or tool do u use? stockchart.com seems to be the most common one but with my eyes, i need something bigger!
    I use tradingview.com.
    abouthsu likes this.
    09-10-13 12:30 PM
    IPad/Pod/Tunes/Phone/Work/OSx....These I's make me crazy
    IFool:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-apple-fanboy.jpg

Topic: We close above 11,20$
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-10-13 12:30 PM
    iOS7 and iPhone 5C look too cartoon like for me.
    09-10-13 12:31 PM
    Gotta hand it to Apple, they know how to market a product. They found a way of not saying "plastic", they call it "hard-coated polycarbonate".
    09-10-13 12:34 PM
    Apple's Marketing + BB's Enterprise and Hardware.... = 100 dollar party!
    09-10-13 12:36 PM
    This seems the clearest story on all the salesforce issue.

BlackBerry Denies Report It Fired Half Its Salesforce - BBRY - Investors.com
    09-10-13 12:46 PM
    All about colours folks, colours! lol

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and sidhuk like this.
    09-10-13 12:46 PM
    oooooo this is good.
    BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY): BlackBerry Short Sellers Are Not Out Of The Woods Yet - Seeking Alpha

BlackBerry Short Sellers Are Not Out Of The Woods Yet
    Sep 10 2013, 13:39 | about: BBRY
    BOOKMARK / READ LATER

Disclosure: I have no positions in any stocks mentioned, and no plans to initiate any positions within the next 72 hours. (More...)

I want to return to the BlackBerry (BBRY) short interest argument, because I have the sense that investors think BlackBerry short sellers are really big winners. The data I will present will show they are neither big winners and at the same time in imminent danger of being on the wrong side of the trade soon.

Below is a chart of BlackBerry's stock price vs.short interest. I think this is a new feature of YCharts and one that is extremely powerful and helpful (thanks YCharts).

BBRY Chart

BBRY data by YCharts

As you can see from the chart, BlackBerry short interest ranged from around 15-66 million shares between the period 2004-2012. Something else very interesting to note is that even when BlackBerry was over $100 a share after 2008, short interest did not increase! In fact, even when BlackBerry crashed from $140 all the way to the mid 40's, short interest was flat.

This is important for several reasons:

The market did not short in bulk even when BlackBerry was a bubble of biblical proportions

The market did not see what was coming

The market, as far as short interest is concerned, was wrong (something not common).

Now let me show you a close-up chart:

BBRY Chart

BBRY data by YCharts

As the above chart shows, the market was not shorting BlackBerry when it was a bubble, but instead decided to short every single share it can find when the stock started falling below $12-$13 a share. In fact the only real winners, as I can see, are those who shorted at the $13 mark all the way down to about $7.5 and covered. Because if they did not, they are in the red (most of them).

From about July 2012 to February 2013, short interest increased from about 75 million to about 133 million, while the stock was on the way up and reached about $18 a share. In other words, all short sellers were in the red big time if they had not placed a stop-loss.

From about February of 2013 short interest increased by a lot, however how many people shorted at the $18 mark? Very few if any. Most of the short interest since then was below the $15 mark.

As I see it, with the exception of the short interest before 2012, the only true winners are the short sellers who managed to cover at the bottom and those who shorted above $15 a share. See, BlackBerry's stock today is trading around $11. That's not much of a cushion if you're one of those who have shorted those 150 million shares.

And the reason for this is because of all the BlackBerry takeover talk these days. See, even if BlackBerry is taken out at $15 a share, there are very few that can say that they have made money shorting BlackBerry. And if for some reason the buyout price is anything higher than that, then there might be no current short sellers in the black at all.

So will BlackBerry short sellers be running for cover? That remains to be seen. However as the case of the buyout of Nokia (NOK) by Microsoft (MSFT) proved, buyouts usually happen at premiums and not at rock bottom prices, even for a company like Nokia, that had an overleveraged balance sheet with almost no cash, where BlackBerry has no debt and plenty of cash.
    09-10-13 12:50 PM
    I'm surprised with the lack of aggressive pricing on the iPhone 5C.
    BergerKing likes this.
    09-10-13 12:52 PM
    I'm surprised with the lack of aggressive pricing on the iPhone 5C.
    Yup. I'm curious as to where they are going to price the 5s

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 12:57 PM
113,252 ... 18861887188818891890 ...