View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

693 62.77%
  • No

411 37.23%
    Well, this is the week that X BBM is rumored to launch... let's hope this shakes things up! Should be exciting either way
    09-09-13 12:53 AM
    Well, this is the week that X BBM is rumored to launch... let's hope this shakes things up! Should be exciting either way
    Isn't it nice to have something to look forward while ER still a few weeks away.
    Superfly_FR, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-09-13 01:11 AM
    If they do sell off the hardware portion to a company like Lenovo and the rest is bought by Watsa how would that exactly work for the current shareholders?
    _dimi_ likes this.
    09-09-13 02:34 AM
    Ha ha ha ha . . . . . the person that continuously dumps on BlackBerry claims he has never seen a Z10, Q10 or a Q5 in the wild.

Cred . . . . gone when you need it most.
    Are you a bit touched? Posts like that make me wonder.
    m1a1mg likes this.
    09-09-13 02:52 AM
    Can anyone post the Sunday time full article? I can't seems to reach the URL through my mobile and isn't around a desktop ATM.
    A TYCOON known as Canada?s Warren Buffett is closing in on a rescue deal for BlackBerry, the beleaguered mobile phone maker.

Prem Watsa, an Indian-born chemical engineer who has become one of Canada?s most successful investors, has assembled billions in backing from the country?s biggest pension funds for a bid. BlackBerry hoisted the ?for sale? sign last month.

The phone maker made the move after failing to reverse the heavy losses suffered by investors since the launch of Apple?s iPhone in 2007.

BlackBerry?s shares have crashed from C$148 in 2008, to C$11.29 at the end of last week. More than C$70bn (45bn) has been wiped off its market value, which stood at C$5.9bn last week.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 04:53 AM
    Here we go

Seamless secure communication
    The vote is in! Berlin selects
    SecuSUITE for BlackBerry 10

https://www.secusmart.com/uploads/me...orities_EN.pdf

Wait this is old info. My bad
    Last edited by Tinomane; 09-09-13 at 05:34 AM. Reason: old news
    09-09-13 04:55 AM
    Very, very true. Plus I think they come in at $15-17. No need to pay an 80% premium at $20. If they do make an offer, they aren't going to be in it for philanthropic reasons and won't overpay. Prem gets out whole at $17.00.... I can't see a bidding war over $15 as the vultures like Lenovo, or whoever will just move on. JMHO........
    I'm mitigated reading this, in regard of this particular thread.
    Say we're on the $20 scenario.
    Ok, we won't have a $100 party, but wasn't that purely speculative (and not a firm goal but only kinda "dream") ?
    On the other hand, we have "our" company that becomes its own master, will quit the W.S pressure (then enjoy the economic press disregard) and only the BB10/BES10 performance will be spotted as a metric for 99.9% or users / CIOs.
    I believe the "I support BBRY" part of our motivation could be 90% granted. And that'll be already something - remember ? - 70% of "analysts" declared very, very unlikely to happen as far as we look in the mirror in the Heins era.

We still have to know this privatization details. Is that only a first round, before another capital raise ? Is it tight to activities sale ? Who will be in (I believe Watsda alone can't do that, even with CAN funds; Mike ? A company or companies we may thought having a "taking over" position?).
    Much much to speculate here.

Damm, this is exciting.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 09-09-13 at 05:28 AM.
    09-09-13 05:08 AM
    I think this ER will be a relatively non-event. The market will be disappointed to see the company burn cash but they will be pleasantly surprised of the uptick in Q10 sales by enterprise. I see the stock moving +/- 10%.
    Any "officially" disclosed information is subject to bomb the stock now. Either rocket or Caterpilar ...
    If the private track is favorised by the board, then I don't expect Heins to do anything to prevent a dive (but the speculation afterwards will counterpart that).
    That's the "game" they could be playing for months ... Because if the offer is under $15, it's a gift (and they have to seduce. Private investors still are investors, not angels. They want value back, but also a "B" plan in case of ... you know what).

Only time (or tea leaves, 8ball) will tell.
    09-09-13 05:20 AM
    If they do sell off the hardware portion to a company like Lenovo and the rest is bought by Watsa how would that exactly work for the current shareholders?
    Well, IMHO, the cash from the sale goes to the company. If prior privatization, it'll be a valuation of BBRY (good for the share price, on a financial side). If after ... it'll be cash back, either redistributed or invested (hopes goes to the second option).
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-09-13 05:24 AM
    Here we go

Seamless secure communication
    The vote is in! Berlin selects
    SecuSUITE for BlackBerry 10

https://www.secusmart.com/uploads/me...orities_EN.pdf
    Wondering if we don't have a THREE, here
    I love to see a "BES10 inside" here ...

Thanks for this !

P.S: must go back to $ work ... shouldn't be there much today, have a nice Monday Gang !
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    09-09-13 05:32 AM
    It may very well be that we can't have both the "saving" of BBRY as we know it AND a high buyout price. It may be an either/or situation in the current climate. Sell of some parts, raise some cash and try to save the enterprise and software parts. The question is if that part is then taken private. My guess is if it happens it is going to be Prem and the Canadian pension funds and they do so at 15-17. Pure speculation on my part.

Will folks be happy with $17 and a BBRY that mostly survives, albeit in private hands? GLTA today could be a fun day!
    09-09-13 06:51 AM
    There haven't been any trades in pre-market yet?
    09-09-13 06:55 AM
    Not sure we can get anything from this but since you asked ... we are ... GREEN !
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-capture.png  
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-09-13 07:19 AM
    1000 shares so far, up tiny bit.

Edit: SF beat me to it.
    Last edited by plasmid_boy; 09-09-13 at 07:32 AM.
    09-09-13 07:20 AM
    Look at this!
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares]-img_00000648.png

Posted via a laser focused BB10 device
    09-09-13 07:35 AM
    Well looky here... PM volume has picked up considerably and so has the SP. Currently up 58 cents, I wonder if it's the Prem rumours out last night that are driving the price today.
    OMGitworks, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    09-09-13 07:40 AM
    There has to be a rumor that I haven't heard of yet?

Update: Ah, the BBM iPhone news, of course.

-0.15 (-1.41%)
    Pre-market: 11.38 +0.54 (4.98%)
    Sep 9, 7:41AM EDT
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-09-13 07:45 AM
    Prem + Canada Pension buyout is going to drive this sucker up today. XBBM also launching this week (supposedly).
    bungaboy and q649 like this.
    09-09-13 07:46 AM
    Go baby go
    bungaboy likes this.
    09-09-13 07:58 AM
    You guys should pick up at least a $1.00 today on this rumor. This is the best possible acquirer of BBRY and for the best hope of getting near $20. We need to really move the needle on this rumor. I don't think it gets any better (at least as far as rumors!) than a Prem + Can. pension fund rumor. If it falls flat today or opens higher but fades as the day goes on or at the end, and I don't think or hope that will happen, then the upside keeps getting narrower and narrower. $13.00 would be a lucky number today and I could see $14+ if Prem confirms or there is actually some hard news. GLTA.
    09-09-13 08:09 AM
    Am I misrembering this or wasn't Lenevo one of the favourite for Palm until they just turned around and say "nope not interested"?

Not saying they aren't interested but they seem to be placeholder name that always pops up in this type of conversation (like MSFT) if nobody can think of anyone better.
    09-09-13 08:10 AM
    You guys should pick up at least a $1.00 today on this rumor. This is the best possible acquirer of BBRY and for the best hope of getting near $20. We need to really move the needle on this rumor. I don't think it gets any better (at least as far as rumors!) than a Prem + Can. pension fund rumor. If it falls flat today or opens higher but fades as the day goes on or at the end, and I don't think or hope that will happen, then the upside keeps getting narrower and narrower. $13.00 would be a lucky number today and I could see $14+ if Prem confirms or there is actually some hard news. GLTA.
    At this point, are you thinking of jumping in (all or in part to narrow your losses)?.... or is that off the table?
    09-09-13 08:13 AM
    Am I misrembering this or wasn't Lenevo one of the favourite for Palm until they just turned around and say "nope not interested"?

Not saying they aren't interested but they seem to be placeholder name that always pops up in this type of conversation (like MSFT) if nobody can think of anyone better.
    Not that I am for or against the Lenovo rumour, nor believe any rumours these days until proven with fact, but things for Lenovo were drastically different back then. Their mobile footprint is far greater now and growing so logically, it seems like they would look for a way to continue along the path. I wasn't paying attention back then so can't say with any definitive certainty.
    09-09-13 08:15 AM
    Not that I am for or against the Lenovo rumour, nor believe any rumours these days until proven with fact, but things for Lenovo were drastically different back then. Their mobile footprint is far greater now and growing so logically, it seems like they would look for a way to continue along the path. I wasn't paying attention back then so can't say with any definitive certainty.
    Again, I can see the fit, I'm just so use to seeing Lenovo's name tossed in when this sort of thing happens that I'm slightly wary of the rumor unless something more solid turns up.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    09-09-13 08:16 AM

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/...cle1310844.ece

"We are looking at all opportunities -- RIM and many others," Lenovo Chief Financial Officer Wong Wai Ming told Bloomberg in an interview at the World Economic Forum's annual meeting in Davos, Switzerland. "We'll have no hesitation if the right opportunity comes along that could benefit us."

There's a reason why Lenovo is brought up as a possible candidate..

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 08:16 AM
104,886 ... 18721873187418751876 ...