View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Just throwing ideas out there, but what if the possibility of partnership/s comes to be.... Would there then be another chance at a new Playbook or other tablet type device???
    Man I wish!!!! I paid a grand for the iPad, would happily pay that for a kick azz PlayBook rockin 10.2 and all the goodies.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 07:15 PM
    9/5/2013; 39 million in volume; closed at $10.99.

Nice volume range today. The SP has trended nicely so far. For 3 days, MA20 has stayed above MA50. The last time that this happened was in early October 2012. Check out the extended daily view. As anticipated, the stoch. RSI resolved differently (black circle in the daily extended view). The action seems to reflect the October - November 2012.

Bullish interpretation:
    - MA20 crossed, and stays above MA50 on the daily chart. MA50 will follow to cross MA100.
    - $10.77 was tested, and the SP bounced nicely above $10.95 resistance level, and closed at $10.99.
    - The SP might be forming another short term pennant (pink lines on the 30 minute chart).

Bearish interpretation:
    - Closed below opening price of $11.15--red candle.
    - Stoch. RSI on 30 minute chart is cycling down. It may linger here to do whipsaw, before going up again.
    - Tomorrow is Friday--anticipating traders to close their positions.
    - No new update on corporate development. BBRY tends to drift downward on no news.

--
    The short term pennant on the 30 minute chart is pretty steep, so let's see, if it provides the support tomorrow ($10.81 - $11.03). Half of today trading range will be gone by around 1 p.m. tomorrow. Retracement range of $10.56 - $10.75 is anticipated. If not retracing in the short term, then the SP may just rally to $12.19 again. A close above $11.18 would be great, at least above $11.03.

30 minute:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-09-05-8.06.28-pm.jpg

Daily extended view:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2013-09-05-4.28.25-pm.jpg
    09-05-13 07:16 PM
    I'm busy researching some of the tickers you/CJ/Leafs namedropped Quite an interesting list, actually, and has got me thinking.
    Should have bought some PXX when Someone mentioned it back in July. . It's going to go up lots yet too, just need a couple pipeline approvals. (Speculation...risky stuff)

Posted via CB10
    m0de25 likes this.
    09-05-13 07:18 PM
    Just throwing ideas out there, but what if the possibility of partnership/s comes to be.... Would there then be another chance at a new Playbook or other tablet type device???
    If any private takeover or strategic partnership included keeping alive and building on BB10, they would need a tablet (fullblown or dummy screen) going forward... so yeah, only in that scenario. All other scenarios, nope!
    Shanerredflag and lcjr like this.
    09-05-13 07:22 PM
    I'm confused...why's that?

Because you like to make pee-pee in the water (as your avatar suggests), before casting your rod.

Sorry man, I was waiting for a moment where I could do that... High-5 bungaboy!
    lcjr, bungaboy, Randeman and 3 others like this.
    09-05-13 07:24 PM
    If any private takeover or strategic partnership included keeping alive and building on BB10, they would need a tablet (fullblown or dummy screen) going forward... so yeah, only in that scenario. All other scenarios, nope!
    Agree...what is your best guess of a dummy screen price point?

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 07:25 PM
    Agree...what is your best guess of a dummy screen price point?

Posted via CB10
    Depending on the quality (shell, glass, resolution) features (sound sysytem, etc) and size, I would have to say that it cannot get out of the gate more than $100-200 (and down from there with scale).

Edit: There must be a reason why the big names haven't come up with this already, ahead of the watch and glass. And I'm not talking about that Asus phone/tablet contraption.
    09-05-13 07:33 PM
    You guys are getting me excited. Hahaha. I was actually looking at the new tablet Samsung just announced and was hoping BB would bring out something. Just wishful thinking I know.
    Shanerredflag and sidhuk like this.
    09-05-13 07:41 PM
    Depending on the quality (shell, glass, resolution) and size, I would have to say that it cannot get out of the gate more than $100-200 (and down from there with scale).
    Yes, was thinking low two's, high one's as well....would much prefer quality for first gen though...I know they see the market, just wish they would act on it!

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 07:42 PM
    The reason I'm disappointed with TH's decision and attitude towards tablets is he's seeing too far into the future. Sure, it would be great to just plug in your phone to a docking station or something, but the general public is not ready to just drop their tablets and run to that just yet. We still have a market for tablets and large screen phones. Come on BB, bring out an all out mega powerful and secure tablet.
    09-05-13 07:45 PM
    The reason I'm disappointed with TH's decision and attitude towards tablets is he's seeing too far into the future. Sure, it would be great to just plug in your phone to a docking station or something, but the general public is not ready to just drop their tablets and run to that just yet. We still have a market for tablets and large screen phones. Come on BB, bring out an all out mega powerful and secure tablet.
    I'll drink to that.

Posted via CB10
    lcjr likes this.
    09-05-13 07:50 PM
    Yes, was thinking low two's, high one's as well....would much prefer quality for first gen though...I know they see the market, just wish they would act on it!

Posted via CB10
    I added to my answer above saying that there must be a reason the big guns haven't come out with it yet (way ahead of Thor's comments a few months back). I think there might be some technical roadblock with secure and or high speed connectivity?

Unfortunately, many of us got our hopes up when Thor was talking about this. Combined with his statement that he was excited about an upcoming hardware release that would enhance the BB10 experience, the signs were pointing in the dummy tablet direction. Looks like his excitement was about the Z30 afterall
    lcjr likes this.
    09-05-13 07:50 PM
    Because you like to make pee-pee in the water (as your avatar suggests), before casting your rod.

Sorry man, I was waiting for a moment where I could do that... High-5 bungaboy!
    Thanks Bacon Munchers but I don't think it is Leafs that uses the pee-pee avatar. LoL
    09-05-13 07:51 PM
    I added to my answer above saying that there must be a reason the big guns haven't come out with it yet (way ahead of Thor's comments a few months back). I think there might be some technical roadblock with secure and or high speed connectivity?

Unfortunately, many of us got our hopes up when Thor was talking about this. Combined with his statement that he was excited about an upcoming hardware release that would enhance the BB10 experience, the signs were pointing in the dummy tablet direction. Looks like his excitement was about the Z30 afterall
    If hdmi connected it would have limits but not unreasonable speed....personally I think Apple started it with a gouge, The Asians came in with the cheep plastic at up to 80% less...

Maybe their software won't compute (funny eh).

There have been a couple attempts ...software is really the key in combination with new hardware and I kinda feel the big boys are whipping the money mule till its dead before moving on....just my wishful thinking.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 08:00 PM
    If hdmi connected it would have limits but not unreasonable speed....personally I think Apple started it with a gouge, The Asians came in with the cheep plastic at up to 80% less...

Maybe their software won't compute (funny eh).

There have been a couple attempts ...software is really the key in combination with new hardware and I kinda feel the big boys are whipping the money mule till its dead before moving on....just my wishful thinking.

Posted via CB10
    Only problem there is HDMI is one way. We'd need something that was a seamless 2 way communication where as the touch interface on the peripheral was speedy enough to control the power that came from the phone with no lag or lack of experience. Also, it would somehow have to scale automatically for both shape and orientation. Using a dock for a computer screen or tv, or lack of dock isn't tough as all the input comes directly from the main device, adding input via the second sounds tough.
    09-05-13 08:07 PM
    Only problem there is HDMI is one way. We'd need something that was a seamless 2 way communication where as the touch interface on the peripheral was speedy enough to control the power that came from the phone with no lag or lack of experience. Also, it would somehow have to scale automatically for both shape and orientation. Using a dock for a computer screen or tv, or lack of dock isn't tough as all the input comes directly from the main device, adding input via the second sounds tough.
    I did not know that... so it likely is a technology lacking thing then.

Who is the patent monitor here...have they applied/been granted anything similar?

Thanks CJ, you win a beer.

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell and Randeman like this.
    09-05-13 08:11 PM
    Ok, too many thinking things for me tonight. You guys sound to freaking smart for this simple redneck. I'm going for another beer while you guys split atoms and synthasize the DNA of space age plastic devices.
    09-05-13 08:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell, lcjr, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    09-05-13 08:16 PM
    I did not know that... so it likely is a technology lacking thing then.

Who is the patent monitor here...have they applied/been granted anything similar?

Thanks CJ, you win a beer.

Posted via CB10
    yeup, what CJ said Whoever comes up with this seamless interconnectivity between their "root device" and a dummy screen will leapfrog the competition for the time being (and longer depending on the patents)... I honestly thought BB was going to somehow pull this one out of their hats with all of the "mind blown"-QNX pre-launch hoopla.

Even if the margin on a dummy screen were low, we're talking valuable added subscriber base not to mention collateral benefits (such as the phones commanding higher price points, and for longer)
    09-05-13 08:20 PM
    yeup, what CJ said Whoever comes up with this seamless interconnectivity between their "root device" and a dummy screen will leapfrog the competition for the time being (and longer depending on the patents)... and I honestly thought BB was going to somehow pull this one out of their hats with all of the "mind blown" pre-launch hoopla.

Even if the margin on a dummy screen were low, we're talking valuable added subscriber base not to mention collateral benefits (such as the phones maintining higher price points, and for longer)
    Agree...I know there is a regular on here who does a great job on patent research...would be nice to know. I'll spend some time this weekend and see what I can find.

However...if they do hold some or about to release/ make public and sell/ go private I will not be a happy camper!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, m0de25, lcjr and 1 others like this.
    09-05-13 08:25 PM
    Breaking News

just kidding... bwahaha
    09-05-13 08:28 PM
    New TV Series . . . . . . "Governments Gone Wild"!

NSA has cracked most digital encryption, reports say

JACK GILLUM
    WASHINGTON — The Associated Press
    Published Thursday, Sep. 05 2013, 7:09 PM EDT
    Last updated Thursday, Sep. 05 2013, 7:15 PM EDT

The National Security Agency, working with the British government, has secretly been unraveling encryption technology that billions of Internet users rely upon to keep their electronic messages and confidential data safe from prying eyes, according to published reports Thursday based on internal U.S. government documents.

The NSA has bypassed or altogether cracked much of the digital encryption used by businesses and everyday Web users, according to reports in The New York Times, Britain’s Guardian newspaper and the non-profit news website ProPublica. The reports describe how the NSA invested billions of dollars since 2000 to make nearly everyone’s secrets available for government consumption.

In doing so, the NSA built powerful supercomputers to break encryption codes and partnered with unnamed technology companies to insert “back doors” into their software, the reports said. Such a practice would give the government access to users’ digital information before it was encrypted and sent over the Internet.

“For the past decade, NSA has led an aggressive, multipronged effort to break widely used Internet encryption technologies,” according to a 2010 briefing document about the NSA’s accomplishments meant for its UK counterpart, Government Communications Headquarters, or GCHQ. Security experts told the news organizations such a code-breaking practice would ultimately undermine Internet security and leave everyday Web users vulnerable to hackers.

The revelations stem from documents leaked by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden, who sought asylum in Russia this summer. His leaks, first published by the Guardian, revealed a massive effort by the U.S. government to collect and analyze all sorts of digital data that Americans send at home and around the world.

Those revelations prompted a renewed debate in the United States about the proper balance between civil liberties and keeping the country safe from terrorists. President Barack Obama said he welcomed the debate and called it “healthy for our democracy” but meanwhile criticized the leaks; the Justice Department charged Snowden under the federal Espionage Act.

Thursday’s reports described how some of the NSA’s “most intensive efforts” focused on Secure Sockets Layer, a type of encryption widely used on the Web by online retailers and corporate networks to secure their Internet traffic. One document said GCHQ had been trying for years to exploit traffic from popular companies like Google, Yahoo, Microsoft and Facebook.

GCHQ, they said, developed “new access opportunities” into Google’s computers by 2012 but said the newly released documents didn’t elaborate on how extensive the project was or what kind of data it could access.

Even though the latest document disclosures suggest the NSA is able to compromise many encryption programs, Snowden himself touted using encryption software when he first surfaced with his media revelations in June.

During a Web chat organized by the Guardian on June 17, Snowden told one questioner that “encryption works.” Snowden said that “properly implemented strong crypto systems” were reliable, but he then alluded to the NSA’s capability to crack tough encryption systems. “Unfortunately, endpoint security is so terrifically weak that NSA can frequently find ways around it,” Snowden said.

It was unclear if Snowden drew a distinction between everyday encryption used on the Internet — the kind described in Thursday’s reports — versus more-secure encryption algorithms used to store data on hard drives and often requires more processing power to break or decode. Snowden used an encrypted email account from a now-closed private email company, Lavabit, when he sent out invitations to a mid-July meeting at Moscow’s Sheremetyevo International Airport.

The operator of Lavabit LLC, Ladar Levison, suspended operations of the encrypted mail service in August, citing a pending “fight in the 4th (U.S.) Circuit Court of Appeals.” Levison did not explain the pressures that forced him to shut the firm down but added that “a favourable decision would allow me to resurrect Lavabit as an American company.”

The government asked the news organizations not to publish their stories, saying foreign enemies would switch to new forms of communication and make it harder for the NSA to break. The organizations removed some specific details but still published the story, they said, because of the “value of a public debate regarding government actions that weaken the most powerful tools for protecting the privacy of Americans and others.”

Such tensions between government officials and journalists, while not new, have become more apparent since Snowden’s leaks. Last month, Guardian editor Alan Rusbridger said that British government officials came by his newspaper’s London offices to destroy hard drives containing leaked information. “You’ve had your debate,” one UK official told him. “There’s no need to write any more.”
    09-05-13 08:29 PM
    I think we've all had that same thought. Glad you brought it up. I'm in with whatever is considered. Would hate to lose contact with you guys. Careful, I'm on the patio with a cold one now so my eyes might start to water up here (sand in the air here). Lol
    Totally, met so many great people and as much as I love BBRY to hit 100. I really would hate to lose touch with some of you.

I do have a domain that I used for email only and can setup a forum if need be. Hopefully its not needed but PM me if some of you would like that.
    09-05-13 08:36 PM
    Agree...I know there is a regular on here who does a great job on patent research...would be nice to know. I'll spend some time this weekend and see what I can find.

However...if they do hold some or about to release/ make public and sell/ go private I will not be a happy camper!

Posted via CB10
    Agreed! This could have been the game changer... it would have overshadowed a lot of the past misteps, staggered lauch, and O/S bugs. It would have won over the naysayers, met enterprise needs and would have given them a real fighting chance out there by showcasing real M2M beginnings.

Oh well! Hopefully we'll find out that they weren't even close to it afterall :P

That's it for me tonight, thanks for the conversation guys! Off to the couch to watch Wall Street for the first time, believe it or not
    Last edited by m0de25; 09-05-13 at 11:01 PM.
    09-05-13 08:42 PM
    New TV Series . . . . . . "Governments Gone Wild"!
    Already have Jesse Ventura for that lol
    09-05-13 08:42 PM
113,256 ... 18561857185818591860 ...