View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I think you never heard about Stop... that's why you are a bagholder and wll never sale your precious BBRY to crystalize profit ;-)

You must suffer a lot & be VERY SAD in your personal life to wish negative things to others...
    LOL. You must really be in the red. Sucks to be you. I just wish negative to **** talkers like you.

When the stock approaches close to the money BlackBerry has in the bank I don't place stops. I double down. I'll send you a bottle of the best crown royal we got in waterloo when I cash out. You can drink your sorrows away.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, sidhuk, kadakn01 and 1 others like this.
    09-04-13 09:14 PM
    I wish everyone hold the stocks. Otherwise you are going to kick yourselves when the stock reaches $40.00 at least.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    09-04-13 09:20 PM
    I think we all know who to thank for this. OMGitworks sold his stock so up we go as he predicted.
    I told you I told you so! Continued GLTA.
    09-04-13 09:24 PM
    When is the next short interest figure published? I'm thinking that today's price moment could be related to some shorts unwinding their position.
    09-04-13 09:30 PM
    Could this be the most colossal setup ever to manufacture a short squeeze with no real deal at the end ?

Posted via CB10 on a Z10 root device!
    morganplus8, sidhuk, 3_M4N and 6 others like this.
    09-04-13 09:36 PM
    I'm not betting on that...

just get me to around $14.90 please
    Bugmapper and m1a1mg like this.
    09-04-13 09:37 PM
    Could this be the most colossal setup ever to manufacture a short squeeze with no real deal at the end ?

I think there is truth to the story.
    It's hard to retract on a story like this once you run it.
    Am curious about the 'bidders' part....
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-04-13 09:49 PM

I would love it if BlackBerry got some good bids going at or way above the 52 wk high and made the offers public. Stock rockets and mikhou gets crushed.

Then Prem announces he will not accept that offer. But now we have some good valuations of what the company is worth and the stock represents it.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 09:55 PM
    We've been thinking short squeeze for some time... Ha! I'm going to just sit back and see what happens. But imagine if the next ER is profitable... (Doubtful)

Worst Case Scenerio: The announcement is just a set-up to pump up the stock before the ER which is indeed in fact dismal and Prem just wants to recover some loss... No partnership or privatization occurs. That would be devastating and probably force me never to invest again...

Best Case Scenerio: Stock hits a 52 week high due to partnership with Samsung, ER is surprisingly profitable (or atleast break even), Morgan Stanley announces massive order, DoD announces massive BB order, XBBM becomes available on every Android, BES10 is heavily adopted, z30 sells moderately well, and a following short squeeze pushing the stock over 28 dollars a share.

Woo.
    sidhuk, fedakd, jxnb and 5 others like this.
    09-04-13 10:29 PM
    LOL. You must really be in the red. Sucks to be you. I just wish negative to **** talkers like you.

When the stock approaches close to the money BlackBerry has in the bank I don't place stops. I double down. I'll send you a bottle of the best crown royal we got in waterloo when I cash out. You can drink your sorrows away.

Posted via CB10
    I understand you don't place Stops... since you are just a BAGHOLDER ---> Bag Holder Definition | Investopedia
    09-04-13 10:30 PM
    The announcement is just a set-up to pump up the stock before the ER which is indeed in fact dismal and Prem just wants to recover some loss...
    Unfortunately I think you are right, the rumor can come from Watsa to be able to dump his Shares slowly before Next ER and/or Dismantlement of BBRY in a FireSale.

With Today Rumor NOBODY (Big company) will deploy any BBRY Device or Software till the deal will be settled... and like you know it will be few months at least before knowing the end of the story.
    09-04-13 10:35 PM
    Unfortunately I think you are right, the rumor can come from Watsa to be able to dump his Shares slowly before Next ER and/or Dismantlement of BBRY in a FireSale.

With Today Rumor NOBODY (Big company) will deploy any BBRY Device or Software till the deal will be settled... and like you know it will be few months at least before knowing the end of the story.
    Which would be insane. Although this is a LONG shot (and illegal, no?) because I do feel Prem (like us who are long and support the stock) feel that BB is under valued and has the patience and resources to watch this stock spike up again. What would make the acquisition much, much more believable if we had some good numbers. TH did state that sales would not be considered until BB created value. However, there is something going on behind closed doors which none of us know and talks good indeed be going on.

I'll be watching closely and seeing what prevails the week before the next ER.
    09-04-13 10:52 PM
    Hi Gang. I just want the Sept ER to be over with, so I can pull my bed sheet back out of my backside.

looks like the Microsoft spike is back on the decline. Wonder how long Nokia will stay up.
    Randeman likes this.
    09-04-13 11:01 PM
    A sample of the short interest...
    Attachment 198622
    What app is this?
    09-04-13 11:38 PM

YOU are not buying the rumour, but you are expecting all of Blackberry's customers to believe the rumour ? ? ?
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    09-04-13 11:46 PM
    Mikhou!

You say so much, yet you really are saying so little from a value-added perspective (Sorry to be the bearer of bad news here). I believe in the past you would back up your negative claims concerning BlackBerry by posting screenshots of your short position including total P&L.

Perhaps you could post an updated screenshot of your BlackBerry holdings for us, including entry prices and current losses (unrealized or realized ). If you've covered, perhaps you could indicate why for us [sneaky, right?]

As well, please refrain from using Photoshop. A review of the last few days on this thread indicates you're somewhat talented artistically -- in case you don't already know, I'm referring to the riveting image you posted of Prem Watsa.

Many thanks!

P.S. If anyone is looking for some cheap entertainment, Mikhou (or should I say TimZ) can be found on trolling StockTwits as well.
    http://stocktwits.com/TimZ
    09-04-13 11:49 PM
    Which would be insane. Although this is a LONG shot (and illegal, no?)

I'll be watching closely and seeing what prevails the week before the next ER.
    No it's fully legit since he leave the board...

Why I think (Can't be Wrong but I think) it's very possible, it leave the board to be able to quick move without having any legal obligation about BBRY.

Is main goal is not really the success of BBRY but the success of Fairfax, if both can happen fine, but the only peoples he have legal obligation now are for Fairfax Shareholders.

At this point we ( peoples with common sense) alll knows that he have BIG BIG Clue about the REAL value of BBRY ASSETS (QNX numbers). He also knows about potential buyers since one years & what they talked about like non-formal offers.

Fact he his AVG Cost is $17, he is intelligent & knows he can't "NEVER" have this price again for selling shares. So the best he can do is to Pump to unload some shares at the best price he can leverage the money to bought a part of BBRY at VERY low price in the auction with partner in a joint venture .

This way Fairfax Shareholders will recover some lost from BBRY & will be ready to forgive to Watsa...

Also keep in mind the this "rumor" come 2 days afters MSFT bought NOK,.. Heins & the board Knows that there best buyer is no longer interested.

To sell they have to dismantle the Cie and make an Auction for Hardware, software, building, patents BBM if ti's appart... they know that nobody will buy the whole company.

Why I Think the rumor is true: If the Rumor was false, Thorstein have come out before 5pm Wednesday to deny, since with this rumor ALL CORPORATE SALES of Hardware/Software will be frozen till we know what will happen with the buyers. Nobody will engage big Money in Sytem without knowing if it will exist with support next years.

Just look at the reaction of the Die Hard Fan here --> Ripping off the Band-Aid; BlackBerry board allegedly pushing to sell company by November | CrackBerry.com They are not Shareholders, they are User you LOVE BBRY and are Sad since they see it's the end of the BBRY world as we know.

IM Honest O for Shareholders, the best they can hope will be $12 IF they have a MONSTER Squeeze, but being realistic it will be more in the between $7-9 at the end from what I see.

Don't Forget most of the Short are Not Retail guys, but institutional that hold Shares since the $50 Area they don't really care about $2-5 higher, also they can be hedged with AAPL GOOG or any OPTIONS even BBRY CALLS.

Tha't's what I see... At this time I have no Pos in BBRY, but I keep an Eye open for a quick day-trade on the short Side on ER if I have some money available to allocate.

Good Luck !
    09-05-13 12:35 AM
    you are expecting all of Blackberry's customers to believe the rumour ? ? ?
    Here is your Answer ---------> Ripping off the Band-Aid; BlackBerry board allegedly pushing to sell company by November | CrackBerry.com look at comments.... So imagine for the casual peoples on the street that listen the news that nobody have denied.

Also look at my previous post, you will have more insight at what I expect... I can be wrong but it's what I see.

Good Luck !
    09-05-13 12:40 AM
    Mikhou!

You say so much, yet you really are saying so little from a value-added perspective (Sorry to be the bearer of bad news here). I believe in the past you would back up your negative claims concerning BlackBerry by posting screenshots of your short position including total P&L.

Perhaps you could post an updated screenshot of your BlackBerry holdings for us, including entry prices and current losses (unrealized or realized ). If you've covered, perhaps you could indicate why for us [sneaky, right?]

As well, please refrain from using Photoshop. A review of the last few days on this thread indicates you're somewhat talented artistically -- in case you don't already know, I'm referring to the riveting image you posted of Prem Watsa.

Many thanks!

P.S. If anyone is looking for some cheap entertainment, Mikhou (or should I say TimZ) can be found on trolling StockTwits as well.
    Tim Z. (TimZ) on StockTwits

Don't be sorry as a trader I listen all side to be sure to have the more neutral point of view I can when I take a position.

The short you refer is closed since a long time, the purpose of posting screen-shot here was to show that instead of waiting to recover they can short or write covered calls at least but HOPING is not a strategy IMO.

The reason why I stopped at one point to update here is the hostility of the guys on this thread, if you don't think BBRY will be successful OR Told them they are wrong just sitting & wishing you are bashed....

But If you follow me on ST U will see my position with all the stocks I trade... and YES Sometime I "trool" on BBRY ST FEED but with REAL INFORMATION with Facts like the Tweet you refer ---> TimZ - $SPY $GOOG $MSFT $AAPL $BBRY BlackBerry Investor: Do You Tru... | StockTwits Yes there is a joke but NUMBERS are Right.

God !!! Sometime when I miss my shot friends on ST troll me and it's just jokes and fun.... unless they want hurt me really like this guy here ---> http://forums.crackberry.com/members/intz-1479978/

I have no big loss with BBRY it's more profit as have seen on ST... I cut my loss with Stops soon & let ride winners till they hit my target...

p.s.: It's Strange here on Crackberry, I've setup "server", virtual machine" to upgrade Playbook firmwares (More than most of user here can have bring to BBRY Community) and I was praised... but the day I say "I don't really like the way BBRY/RIMM goes.... Ouch Peoples here generally don't REALLY accept different opinions...

Good Luck
    09-05-13 01:02 AM
    No it's fully legit since he leave the board...

Is main goal is not really the success of BBRY but the success of Fairfax, if both can happen fine, but the only peoples he have legal obligation now are for Fairfax Shareholders.

At this point we ( peoples with common sense) alll knows that he have BIG BIG Clue about the REAL value of BBRY ASSETS (QNX numbers). He also knows about potential buyers since one years & what they talked about like non-formal offers.

Fact he his AVG Cost is $17, he is intelligent & knows he can't "NEVER" have this price again for selling shares. So the best he can do is to Pump to unload some shares at the best price he can leverage the money to bought a part of BBRY at VERY low price in the auction with partner in a joint venture .

This way Fairfax Shareholders will recover some lost from BBRY & will be ready to forgive to Watsa...

Also keep in mind the this "rumor" come 2 days afters MSFT bought NOK,.. Heins & the board Knows that there best buyer is no longer interested.

To sell they have to dismantle the Cie and make an Auction for Hardware, software, building, patents BBM if ti's appart... they know that nobody will buy the whole company.

Why I Think the rumor is true: If the Rumor was false, Thorstein have come out before 5pm Wednesday to deny, since with this rumor ALL CORPORATE SALES of Hardware/Software will be frozen till we know what will happen with the buyers. Nobody will engage big Money in Sytem without knowing if it will exist with support next years.

Just look at the reaction of the Die Hard Fan here --> Ripping off the Band-Aid; BlackBerry board allegedly pushing to sell company by November | CrackBerry.com They are not Shareholders, they are User you LOVE BBRY and are Sad since they see it's the end of the BBRY world as we know.

IM Honest O for Shareholders, the best they can hope will be $12 IF they have a MONSTER Squeeze, but being realistic it will be more in the between $7-9 at the end from what I see.
    Good Luck !
    I doubt Prem would take the "quick" root out. He is a value investor and holds for long periods of time, why end it now before BB hasn't solidified their XBBM and BES10? I really do think a partnership is in order, someway/somehow.
    Whilst you do make interesting points, I do feel that this is a bit far fetched. A monster squeeze, considering all shorts have to cover, would make the share price go up XX% (most likely). Not to mention, more buyers may be induced to ride the wave and buy buy buy (especially traders).
    morganplus8 and kfh227 like this.
    09-05-13 01:15 AM
    09-05-13 01:15 AM
    Whilst you do make interesting points, I do feel that this is a bit far fetched.
    The bit that is not is that this news will likely kill corporate interest in upgrades stone-dead until it's known who owns the company or if indeed a company will still exist in six months or will have been broken down into pieces.
    09-05-13 01:18 AM
    Whatsup.
    [... I was sooo tired ...]
    "Having a beer, watching the match ..."
    09-05-13 02:14 AM
    BlackBerry up over 12% in Frankfurt! Its gonna be a good day.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 02:52 AM
    Good looking chart. We could see strong gains today.

Source. AC Investor Blog via twitter: @ACInvestorBlog

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry.jpg
    09-05-13 03:10 AM
113,256 ... 18461847184818491850 ...